Start by marking “The Waiting Room” as Want to Read:
The Waiting Room

The Waiting Room

From the bestselling author of When I’m Gone and Working Fire comes a gripping novel about a mother, her missing daughter, and the dark secrets that engulf them.

Ever since her husband’s death collided with the birth of her daughter, postpartum depression has taken hold of Veronica Shelton. She can’t sleep, can’t work, and can’t bear to touch her beautiful baby girl. Her em
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 10 pages
Published August 28th 2018 by Brilliance Audio

sue
I found this a very interesting book.

Veronica not only has a new baby but within weeks looses her husband.

She wakes one morning thinking her husband is looking after the baby but on further investigation none of them are in the house.
She panic. But then thinks maybe her husband has taken baby on a car ride to settle her.
She texts.
What she gets back is worrying.

Then, her husband is dead.
Her baby is safe.

Veronica suffers with postpartum depression . Or post natal depression as commonly called.
It a
Carol (Bookaria)
This is a thrillingand fast-paced ride.

Veronica loses her husband soon after giving birth to her daughter Sophia. His death was devastating and in conjunction with postpartum depression these events have left Veronica emotionally vulnerable and unable to cope on her own.

One day, Veronica returns to her home after a counseling session and finds her baby gone. The police are not being as helpful and she wishes, so she takes it upon herself to find her daughter.

This was a fast-paced book with unexp
Erin
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
4 took me by surprise stars

I must say that Emily Bleeker is quickly becoming one of my go to authors. I believed The Waiting Room seemed like a classic family drama, but there were more than a few surprises in store that made me quickly lose track of time. This is definitely one of my contenders for the most gut wrenching climax. I would highly recommend this as a good choice for a book club option.

Thanks to Netgalley for an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Publication Date is August
Lou
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Veronica Shelton is suffering horribly from the effects of post-partum depression and is not even able to hold baby, Sophie, it has gotten that severe. With her husband, Nick, having passed away in a car crash, Veronica's mother comes to help her look after the baby and begs Veronica to get help. When Ronnie wakes up one morning to find an empty crib she begins to panic. From then on it's twists, turns and misdirection aplenty, with no real reason as to why we should rely on Veronica as a narrat ...more
Mandy White
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
The Waiting Room is a tough book to review without giving anything away. It is a highly emotional read but I found it a quick read and finished it in an evening. I have previously read books by the author and couldn't wait to read this....and then I could not put it down. There is a lot happening, and at times I was in tears for the characters and what they were going through.

Veronica's life was turned upside down when her husband was killed in a car crash. Her baby girl survived the crash but n
Jamie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I literally devoured this in under 12 hours. It was just that good! What started slow quickly picked up and delved into multiple twists and turns! This is the third book of Bleeker’s that I have read and while they have all been extremely different (I have yet to read Working Fire), they all have one thing in common - they are all excellent. When Veronica starts therapy to grieve the loss of her husband, she meets both Gillian and Mark in the waiting room and what happens next will definitely in ...more
Michelle
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! What a fabulous book. If you enjoy psychological thrillers that have you guessing what is going on only to find out you were completely wrong, then this is the book for you! From all the twists and turns in the storyline, the complex characters in the book, and watching the main character's story unfold this is a must read to add to your collection.

It was interesting to read about the main characters mental illness and the extent the human mind will go to in order to protect itself from ove
Kate Vocke
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Somebody get my Chiropractor on the line! I think I have whiplash from all the twists and turns! What a ride!

Emily Bleeker can consistently weave a story like nobody's business and The Waiting Room is no exception!
Just when you think you have it all figured out - WHAM! Whiplash. I cannot even explain my love for her writing, and the way she crafts these incredibly suspenseful stories. Knocked this one out of the park. Totally out of the park and past the parking lot, and across the highway... It
Amy
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-arcs
4.5/5

The Waiting Room is one of those books that creeps up on you, it starts off fairly strong but the more you read, the better it gets. The intensity ramps up page by page and then there are several really well executed twists and turns that just kept sucking me in the further along I read. It was one of those books where I kept saying, what in the actual hell is going on here?!

I really felt for poor Veronica, she’s a widow and she has severe post partum depression, which is so understandable
Erin Clemence
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, kindle
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

When an accident claims the life of her husband, leaving Veronica alone to care for her infant daughter under the crippling symptoms of post-partum depression, Veronica is left to struggle through life with only her mother as support. Every day, Veronica tries to maintain some semblance of life, continuing her work as an illustrator for a children’s book and making her daug
Shalini
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had tears by the time I finished this book. My heart felt as if every drop of emotion was drained out of it. I was in turmoil. I liked the book, yet I didn't like it in some parts.

The story goes like this, since her husband's death, Veronica has post partum depression. She couldn't touch her daughter. Her mother looked after the daily needs of her daughter till one day the child disappeared. And Veronica had to go searching for her daughter since police were doing nothing but suspecting her m
Judy Collins
WOW!!! I LOVED THE WAITING ROOM! It grabs you from the first page and never let's go.

Suspenseful, creative, imaginative, and did I say TWISTY? One of the Best Domestic Thrillers and will keep you guessing (trust me you will not figure this one out), until the REVEAL.

Emily Bleeker's best YET! A chart-topper. Definitely will make my Top 30 Books of 2o018! Complete review to follow. In the meantime, pre-0rder this one, and move to the TOP of your list.

Donna
Not a great read, but not a terrible one. I slogged through it, and honestly, the reason I did was because of the several reviews I had read that indicated a twist at the end, and a couple of "I didn't see that coming" remarks that piqued my interest more than the book itself. I found myself more engrossed with trying to figure out how the twist at the end would come about and if I could "see it coming" than any interest in the actual story. I could see quite a bit of what was to come, but I'll ...more
Suzie Flohr
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Wow. I could not put this book down. Lots of twists and turns. It kept me wanting to read more. You felt the emotions of the characters and knew them personally. I look forward to reading more of Emilys work. I would highly recommend it . You wont be disappointed.
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
Outstanding book! This one was such a page turner and the ending was completely unexpected. Loved this one.
Marc Bougharios

A first by Emily Bleeker but it won’t be my last. It’s always exciting for me to read books by authors I’ve never read before because every author has their own way of writing a book. Some tend to focus more on the thriller aspect in a thriller novel, and some tend to focus a little more on the emotional aspect, but the thriller aspect is there.

For this book, I found the first bit a little boring and t it was until about halfway through the book where things started getting interesting
Cassie-Traveling Sister-
The book starts off with Veronica dealing with death of her husband and the birth of her new baby daughter Sophie and PPD. Her PPD is so bad she can’t even look at her daughter so her mother is there to help her with Sophie and Veronica is going to therapy. At therapy she meets Gillian and mark. Gillian is dealing with the death of her son and Mark with his wife. Someone breaks into Veronica’s home one evening and the next week she comes home from dinner with Gillian and Sophie is missing! The s ...more
Betty
WOW--I never saw that twist coming near the end of the book. Fantastic!

Review coming soon.
Listened with TTS.
Foul Language.
Linda
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley and Lake Union Publishers for a copy of this book.

This book was very hard to put down. Emily Bleeker did a great job of writing about postpartum depression. After giving birth to a daughter and losing her husband to a drunk driver Veronica’s life is never the same. She can’t touch her baby and stays to herself in a bad depression. Her mother takes care of the baby and finally tells Veronica she has to get help or she’s leaving.

There are four very main characters in this s
Brittney Green
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

The Waiting Room took me on a ride I was not expecting. What a rollercoaster! Emily has expertly crafted a bestseller in my opinion. I’ve connected with each character in a way that I’ve never imagined.
Linda Zagon
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review of “The Waiting Room” by Emily Bleeker Lake Union Publishing, August ,2018

OMG!! WOW!! KUDOS to Emily Bleeker, Author of “The Waiting Room” for an intense, captivating, intriguing, suspenseful, chilling thriller. “The Waiting Room” is a novel, that is a page turner, riveting, and I couldn’t put it down. I read this in one sitting. After reading the conclusion of this novel, I am absolutely flabbergasted, shocked, and have to admit that I never would have expected this ending!!! The Genr
BookGypsy
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This will knock you right out of your reading chair!
Veronica Shelton is a childrens book Illustrator who suffers from post partum depression. Her husband dies in an accident leaving her a text that reads "It was my fault". Unable to physically touch her daughter, her mother moves in for support and to care for the child. When her house is broken into no one wants to believe her. The cop that shows up doesn't believe her and he notices something in her art that Veronica has no idea how it got in
Tara Vaglio
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I feel like I’m in the minority here, but I just did not enjoy this book. It sounded like a great story, but I found myself getting bored, not paying attention, and never reaching for it to continue reading. I didn’t connect with the characters, and the story just seemed to add random details in for convenience. It picked up for about the last 10%, but overall it was a miss for me.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
Laura Rash
Well that certainly took some twists that I didn’t see coming. A quick and fascinating read!
Booksandchinooks (Laurie)
Thank you to Amazon Publishing for a free copy of this book for review. Veronica has recently lost her husband in an accident and due to her grief she unable to look after her baby. For months she hasn’t been able to care for her child at all, not even touching or interacting with her. She is seeing a counsellor for this and her mother is living with her and taking care of the baby. One night Veronica goes out and the next morning she discovers her baby is gone. The story takes a lot of twists a ...more
Cindy
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We meet Veronica, whose husband has recently died. She is also suffering with severe postpartum depression. She cannot bring herself to touch or care for her baby and has her mother living with her.

It was a real emotional ride reading this book! Hard to tell whom to trust. Lots of suspense kept me turning the pages! It was a really enjoyable book. So many twists and turns, I felt as confused as the main character. The author did a wonderful job with the characters.

Now, coming to the ending... WO
Marianne Jay
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Just Wow!!! I'm a huge Emily Bleeker fan. This book truly hit home. I suffered from Post Partum Depression ~ not to the extent of Veronica ~ but I did understand some of her emotions.

As with a lot of other readers, I was disappointed until I hit the 35% mark ~ then it got good.....it got really crazy amazing good.

Please stick with this book. I almost DNF 'd it.....but stick with it. It is so worth it ~ I promise.

Thank you Net Galley, Lake Union Publishing (you are awesome) and Emily Blea
Diane Perry
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Intense, raw and incredibly well written! I thought I knew Veronica and her story then BOOM! This book took a turn I didn't see coming. I was hooked right from the beginning, and I'm quickly becoming a major fan of Emily Bleeker. Her writing is incredible. This is a must read!
Tracy (The Pages In-Between)
Thank you to JKS Communications for sending me a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. All opinions are my own.

I rate this book a 4 out of 5 Stars.

I love Emily Bleeker, I was lucky enough to review her previous book WORKING FIRE, and I loved it! So when I was approached about reviewing her newest one, I was so down! I love her books, and I haven’t read one yet that I wasn’t a fan of.

This book is no different. One of the things that I love about Bleeker’s writing style, is she tells
Goodreads Librari...: Please Add Book Cover for Kindle Edition 3 18 Apr 23, 2018 07:14AM

• The Stranger on the Ice
  • Baby Girl (Memory House, #4)
  • The Fatal Heir (Gillian Jones Mystery #1)
  • Into Darkness (Eric Ritter Spy Thriller, #2)
  • Last Kiss Goodbye
  • What She Gave Away: A Thriller
  • Before She Was Found
  • After Nightfall
  • A Thousand Doors: An Anthology of Many Lives
  • Smell the Blue Sky: Young, Pregnant, and Widowed
  • Someone Knows
  • Out of the Black
  • The Fifth Juror (Women of Redemption #2)
  • A Thin, Dark Line
  • A Girl Divided
  • The Warning
  • The Hawthorne Season
  • All She Ever Wanted
Emily lives in suburban Chicago with her family. Between writing and being a mom, she attempts to learn guitar, sings along to the radio (loudly), and embraces her newfound addiction to running.
“For some reason she couldn’t seem to grasp that depression wasn’t something you just snapped out of.” 0 likes
“You eventually learn to live with the pain. That’s what grief is—living with pain. Time doesn’t heal all wounds; it just builds up your resistance.” 0 likes