Start by marking “Redemption of the Heart” as Want to Read:
Redemption of the Heart

Redemption of the Heart

After surviving an abusive relationship that landed her in prison, Gemma Peyton, just wants a fresh start once she is released. Her focus is to create a new life for herself and put men and relationships on the back burner so she can rebuild.

Alex Chambers hasn’t felt anything for another woman since his wife died a few years ago. His life is his restaurant until the moment
Published January 2019 by Love Snacks Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Redemption of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption of the Heart

*Dee's Reading Time Matters
This was a gut wrenching REDEMPTION tale that will stay with you because of what the H/h endured in order to have their HEA but the title says it all!

To me, this heartfelt story is most definitely a must read with very strong and memorable primary and secondary characters. You will find yourself truly rooting hard for Gemma and Alex throughout "Redemption of the Heart." But you will find yourself crying throughout the story too because you could feel the hurt and brokenness of Gemma and Alex!

Rosie J.
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Real Romance Lovers
WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS!

A cruel twist of fate brings two lonely souls together connected by a night that destroyed and will ultimately resurrect the shattered pieces of their lives.

Gemma is a killer! She pleads guilty and is sentenced to prison for a death, caused by her actions. When Gemma is released, she's given a job at a restaurant owned by the dead woman's husband, Alex. When they meet there is a spark of awareness between them. However, neither one of them are aware
velvetgypsy
I’m not fawning over ‘Redemption of The Heart’ as much as I would’ve liked to, I didn’t get emotional over their tragedies as expected. Maybe it wasn’t written convincingly enough for me, because I truly am a sucker for a great tearjerker.
The blurb and first few chapters read like an epic heart-piercing romance about to unfold but it sadly and slowly fizzled. I’m surprised I managed to get through it.
Somewhere early on I lost interest in Alex’s distress, Gemma’s timidity and chronic ap
Chanda Foucher
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler free review*

I think the book summary gives a solid expectation for the plot, so I won't share any additional details but I will say I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was written in a way that makes you really care about the characters and want to know what's going to happen and how they ended up where we find them in this story. A juicy, compelling story with developed characters that's well written by a black author gets a SOLID 5 stars.
Emma L
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This story was written well and I liked the premise initially and even though you are able to see how the story pans out very early on between Gemma & Alex. The author for me delivered this in a sensitive & emotional way. I was really rooting for Gemma and Alex and loved how their love conquers their very difficult circumstances.

Thank you to NetGalley & the publisher for the chance to read this story in exchange for a honest review.
LaKisha Dunn
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This book made me smile, shake head, cry, and finally cheer. I loved the message of hope, resilience, forgiveness, and love.
Erika Vincent
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Too bad

The book is well written and I was really looking forward to see how such a complex issue was going to get dealt with and unfortunately I was sorely disappointed. How dare they (Gemma, Rachel and Alex) be upset with Thomas? All he did was tell the truth. Once he realized she didn’t know, he didn’t humiliate her in anyway. They’re behaving like he ruined their happiness. Rachel behavior was appalling to me. I understand that her brother was happy and she’s upset but to dare tell him that h
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first with the author and she didn't disappoint. Gemma was dealt a wrong beginning in life. Her mother was a drug addict and her father couldn’t seem to stay out of jail. She went to foster home after foster home, fending for herself and later enduring an abusive marriage. She had no indication that Alex and herself had a connection. A connection in which resulted in Alex’s grief. I adored his sister, Rachel, she may be meddlesome, but she cared about her brother wellbeing. Chloe is in a clas ...more
Ally
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving the pain away

Moni Boyce, thank you for blessing us with this jewel! This book had me reaching for the Kleenex! Right away you could see the path Alex and Gemma were on but you can’t help but want them not to be hurt. With the immediate connection, they give into a love that seems too good to be true. Especially with their painful pasts. But in some ways their pasts made their love stronger!

Let me go on the record and say that Rachel was a royal pain in the arse! As much as she was trying
Vicki
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start for a “Newbie!” Way to go Moni!! Readers can tell you dug deep within and made a decision to tackle some real time issues we all are aware of and possibly connected to in some way or another. Gemma and Alex represent so many people we know and love and witnessing their transition through joy, pain, fear, love and everything that brings, just felt real! One is able to relate to their real issues and problems even if we don’t agree on how they deal with things or one another. I think y ...more
ASI2020
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bravo to Moni Boyce

Omg this is the best book I had read in a long time. This story has a deep meaning of life, love and forgiveness. I never had a book that made me cried where my kids was asking me if I was okay. I love this book this is the best story of 2019 so far in my eyes. I really dislike when ppl tell you the whole story. The only thing I will say is that whoever get this book you won't be regret. I truly highly recommended this book it will make you 😢 and laugh.
Lynda Garcia
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love is many a splendor thing....

The story of the love between Gemma and Alex started as heartbreak....death..despair...punishment and redemption....culminating intensity of rawness..and unrelenting passion..forcing them to deal with their denials and delicate balance between trust and honor....this book is worth so much more than what Amazon is selling it for....I also admire first time authors who bring their A game....this is a beautiful beginning
Nancy  L Thompson
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
WHY???

This could have been a 5 star rating. But for me, I was so sick of the h crying about everything. Her indecisiveness of everything. It really got on my nerves after awhile. The book was a little long. A lot of phrases were just saying the same thing over and over. The saving grace for me was that everything didn't happen in a week. It took time , which I like in a story
Marie Copeland
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love story

This a wonderful story about two lost people finding love. There was great character development and I couldn't put the book down. Please read this book. You wont regret it.
Kizzy
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex and Gemma

I loved this book. It made me laughed and cried and gave me hope. Gamma didn't have the best life until he met Alex. But before they could have a life together. Gamma had to confess to Alex a tragic secret. Great book.
vivian breeding
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
What An Awesome Debut !!

This book was such a refreshing read.💜 It captured my attention from the beginning. Alex and Gemma's story was beautifully flawed. Their union was truly a Remdeption of the Heart. Congratulations Moni Boyce!!💜
Mona
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Am really glad I bought this book. What a wonderful read this was. Gemma and Alex fell organically in love. They really connected at a deeper level. We are not our past our past nor our DNA does not determine who we are, we can change the course of our lives.
T.M.  Pigatt
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Outstanding

This book was really outstanding. It has so much heart to it and it flows so well. I was sorry when it was over.
Darlene Warrick
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I really enjoyed this book.
You won't regret buying this story
Great job Moni Boyce, congratulations on your debut bwwm!!
Patsy M. Gladney
Latonia Hester
Jan 19, 2019
Brandi
Jan 20, 2019
Moni Boyce is a writer, filmmaker, travel blogger and author of the new romance novel Redemption of the Heart which will debut on January 8, 2019. She spent the last fifteen years working in the film industry and now creates characters of her own and brings them to life on the page. Moni has ghostwritten romance novellas and novels for over a year now and decided to put some of her own creations o ...more