Start by marking “Hades (Guardians Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Hades (Guardians Book 5)

Hades

(Guardians #5)

Being the lord of dark, terrifying things makes Hades the most feared god in existence. He’s also the most bored. When the guardians request his assistance, he is quick to grant it and make his way to the human realm. After all, creating havoc is what he does best. When his path crosses with a beautiful female, he finds her honesty refreshing, making his desire burn hotter ...more
Published February 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hades

Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Hades (Guardians # 5) by Valerie Twombly
I received this book from an honest review.
**Clapping** Oh man!! Hades!! I was super psyched to get this book. I love his cool, casual, arrogant self. I love how he is a bad guy but he isn’t really a bad guy….I mean Anti-Hero all the way right??!! He is the Lord
MiraJane
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hades had such potential and a very imaginative and original idea behind it. Sadly, I was just not feeling it with the execution. For what should have been a complex world and character it all felt very bareboned and simple to me. So much so that what should have been a thrilling and great read turned out to be sort of dull and emotionless.

Of course the book had it highlights with, despite it all, it originality. Plus the romance was fine. Not great, but still okay. It’s just that the character
Tara Heilman
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I don't know where to start. This book completely enthralled me. First off, so far the only other book in the series I read is Vampire's Mate. Of course, now I am going back to read them all. Now this is not because it was hard to follow. Book 1 introduces you to most of the characters. I just really want to read their stories. Ms. Twombly is an amazing author. I have read her other series. The writing is smooth and the worlds she creates show so much talent.

Now my review. You would think i
S
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hades was for me a return to the author’s way of writing that hooked me in the first place. The other books leading up to this one were reworked from some of her older writing and it lacked the great group dynamic and cohesiveness I had come to expect from this writer.

Hades is bored and the usual torture and debauchery no longer excite him. When he is allowed access to the human realm he finds himself drawn to Mia. Her openness and lack of guile intrigues him. They both want something and strike
Denise
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a NON-SPOILER REVIEW. Hades by Valerie Twombly is Book 5 in the Guardian series. What an incredible read! Here is a series that you can sink your teeth into! Valerie Twombly gives us spectacular world building that rolls a movie in your mind. The well thought out story line continues to ratchet up your expectations with every book and Valerie delivers. I loved Hades and Mia's story. You can't help but fall in love with this version of Hades. Action... check, romance... check, humor... ch ...more
Caroline Doig
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hades is book 5 to the Guardians series and I absolutely loved it. Hades the most feared god ever ( his words ) is bored it’s the same old same old in the Underworld and he needs adventure so when the Guardians ask him for his help he jumps at the chance and he goes to the human realm and that’s where he meets Mia. That’s all I’m going to give you guys but there is so much more to this story to keep you entertained and turning the pages, I absolutely love this series but I think that this is my ...more
Tameka
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great read to finally see Hades release his powers and kick ass. Plus finding love in the process. The story of him and Mia is so sweet. The way tries to protect her but yet he’s still a bad boy at heart. And his seduction skills was very smooth. But the one thing I loved is even though he’s a bad boy he has a heart of gold and the life that he’s build with all of the suffering that he endured it was well worth the wait for the mate he eventually gets.

I received a free copy of th
Chelsea R Ortiz-Gonzalez
*gasp Oh NO!
Okay, I need more and I need more NOW.
This was the first book I have read of this series. That, I could tell very easily.
SO much information was put out so quickly, yet it flowed and made sense all the same.
I still have questions, that will no doubt be answered when I read the previous books in the series.
As for Mia and Hades.
Whoa.
Who would have thought the God of Hell could be so....perfect.
I would highly recommend this book.
HAppy reading!
Rating 5 stars

I received a free copy of this
Karen
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very good addition to the Guardian Series, it is well-written with humor, action, and romance and plenty of paranormal characters. There are a few twists in the story along with these developed characters. The H is a sexy, arrogant and bored god while the h is an honest innocent woman who needs help. Their story is an engaging and entertaining read. I liked this book.

Nancy
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
his was a very good addition to this series. I liked Hades and Mia. I thought their chemistry was good and I enjoyed seeing the softer side she brought out in Hades. I love when a bad boy meets the woman that can bring him to his knees and for Hades that was certainly Mia. The story has drama and a good level of emotions to maintain your interest. Can;t wait to see whos story gets told in the next book.

Lynall
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome. I adored Hades, and I enjoyed his interactions with Mia. It is definitely unusual in that this seems to be an apocalyptic world, but the focus of the story is Hades and Mia, not the war or the apocalypse. The book kept me reading and wouldn’t let me put it down! Really engaging and unique. I will definitely be reading more from this author

Gladys
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good addition to this series. I liked Hades and Mia. I thought their chemistry was good and I enjoyed seeing the softer side she brought out in Hades. I love when a bad boy meets the woman that can bring him to his knees and for Hades that was certainly Mia. The story has drama and a good level of emotions to maintain your interest. Can't wait to see who's story gets told in the next book. This is my frank, freely posted review.
Lisa H
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hades is bored with his bad self. Nothings doing it for him anymore so he acquiescences to a request for a demon human ceasefire. For 48 hours, on Christmas Eve.

He takes a vacation and encounters a human Mia with her own issues that plucks his interest.

I enjoyed this take on Hades.
Always one of my favorite characters in literature.

Scarolet Ellis
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hades by Valerie Twombly is a wonderful story that I read. I am so glad I read this wonderful story it is book number five in this wonderful story. If you love reading about GODS then this story is for you and I recommend this story to you.

Lori
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome addition to the Guardian series. The story is full of romance, action and some humor in spots. I really liked Hades and glad he found Mia. Fascinating story building and superb writing. I liked the characters and was cheering for them the whole book.

Melissa
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Because I'm currently obsessed with the TV show Lucifer I couldn't help but grab this book. It had some potential but at some parts it was lacking, I knew they were meant to be soulmates but that was just because the author said so.

Barbara
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book five in the Guardians series and this series just gets better with each book a story that kept me on the edge of my seat. There is suspense, drama, dangers, villains, and romance I want to read the next book as the blurb at the end looks like it is going to be a very good one to read. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kim Cobb
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Hades and Mia's story. He has to work for her! Mia is a human or is she? I loved this story. It has brought more information out about what will be needed to stop Hades' grandson's evil. I can't wait for the next story. All these stories are tied together and it is better if you have read each one in order. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC copy of the book. Thank you.
Brenda Moser
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another well written book to the series. This is Hades and Mia's story. They have a strong chemistry together and it was fun watching them connect and find love. There's enough drama and emotions to keep you reading to the end. I'm looking forward to the next book.

Vickie
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, Hades has a softer side, who would have thought that so much evil can be tempered by the right person. Mia has no illusions about Hades until she gets to know him and things start to change. This story is intense, with plenty of emotion, action and adventure. These characters are good together and make for an entertaining story.
Janet
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well that was different. I did not expect the story to be what it is. I did not relies at the beginning it was in the same world as the Guardians. This story is the best yet. I can't wait until more come along. I received a complimentary review copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a honest review.
Kathryn
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love that Hades is not the stereotypical Hades. He is so much more complex and lovable as a character. I like that he has a different side when he is with Mia. This is a great book that does have some spoilers for previous books in the series.

I received an advanced copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an unbiased , honest review.
Keoki Ki`Ili
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yeah! Hades met his match, Mia is one tough heroine. The main storyline weaves in the background as we learn more about both Hades & Mia. I really hope Lowan gets his soon, his evil needs a set back. I want Aidyn's story already, that ending leaves us all guessing.

Michelle Shemon
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hades
Guardians Book 5
Valerie Twombly

I loved the book. The interactions between Hades and Mia were so much fun. I loved the character development. These Guardian stories have really held my interest, and I love finding out how each new pair will get together. They are wonderful. I can't wait to see what will happen next.
Justen Perkins
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This the first booki read and not I want to read the entire series to see what happens and where it leads. It was exciting and I couldn't put the book down.

Myst
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Always interesting when the author uses a Hades. Especially when the character is one of the main characters in the book and is intrigued by a female. Enjoyable as always! Next book please?

Gaynor Jones
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would have loved it to be longer and the story line have a little more depth. That being said I still really enjoyed it and the premise was very interesting! I loved the chemistry between the characters and what an interesting take on the underworld and the dwellers within.
Pat W
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read, storyline was super and the characters were outstanding. A book not to be missed. I’ve enjoyed reading this series. I recieved a copy via Booksprout and this is my honest review
Justine
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh what a read!!

What a story right to the end!! I promise I couldn’t put this book down till the last page!! This book will not disappoint I promise
Award winning and bestselling author Valerie Twombly grew up watching Dark Shadows over her mother's shoulder, and from there her love of the fanged creatures blossomed. Today, Valerie has decided to take her darker, sensual side and put it to paper.

When she is not busy creating a world full of steamy, hot men and strong, seductive women, she juggles her time between a full-time job, hubby and he

Guardians (5 books)
  • Vampire's Mate (Guardians, #1)
  • Dragon's Fate (Guardians Book 2)
  • Vampire's Kiss (Guardians Book 3)
  • Demon's Destiny (Guardians Book 4)