Start by marking “Stolen (Lucy Clayburn, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stolen (Lucy Clayburn, #3)

Stolen (Lucy Clayburn, #3)

‘A fast-paced, terrifying journey.’ RACHEL ABBOTT

‘A born storyteller.’ PETER JAMES

The Sunday Times bestseller returns with his latest nail-shredding thriller – a must for all fans of Happy Valley and M.J. Arlidge.

Expected publication: June 27th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Stolen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen

Louise Wilson
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
DC Lucy Clayburn #3

I seem to have missed the second book in the DC Lucy Clayburn series. I will need to get myself a copy. It took me a few chapters to get into this story. It's another book where lots of characters are introduced at once. Although Lucy is a detective, her father is a crime boss, not always a good combination for several reasons. There is a lot going on in this book: missing dogs, missing pensioners and a drug addict ex-nun. How do/ or will they all tie together? The story is fa
Donna Hines
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Lucy has one heck of an interesting situation because as it turns out her father is a 'gangster.'
To make it even more interesting members are going missing, no bodies are turning up, and she's on edge seeking answers.
Not enough for ya- ok- add to this the father is now caught in the cross hairs and blood is about to be shed.
A wild and crazy ride with plenty of twists and turns along the way.
Thank you to Paul, the publisher, and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.
Kate
I'm such a big fan of Paul Finch's novels - whether they're of the Heck or Clayburn flavour - but I do believe that Stolen is the very best of them all. I loved everything about it! Story, characters, creepiness, menace, scares, heart, baddies, setting, writing, the lot. Review to follow very shortly on For Winter Nights.
Best Crime Books & More
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so pleased to get my teeth into another Lucy Clayburn! I love Lucy as a character and the revelation of her personal life over the last two books is in my opinion a good enough reason to ensure you read these books in order. However, for some reason the actual storyline on this latest book has my opinion kind of torn down the middle.I love the fact that Lucy is a real gritty character and one that is determined to do the right thing. However, normally this is accompanied by a storyline tha ...more
Elaine Tomasso
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Avon Books for an advance copy of Stolen, the third novel to feature DC Lucy Clayburn of GMP.

Lucy is hearing rumours of missing homeless people and a mysterious black van but there is nothing tangible to go on until pensioner Harry Hopkins disappears from his home. This gives her something to get her teeth into and make some tenuous links but it also puts her on a collision course with her father, gangster Frank McCracken.

I thoroughly enjoyed Stolen which is a
Lainy
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Time taken to read - in and out over 2 days

Pages - 400

Publisher - Avon Books

Source - Review Copy

Blurb from Goodreads

How do you find the missing when there’s no trail to follow?

DC Lucy Clayburn is having a tough time of it. Not only is her estranged father one of the North West’s toughest gangsters, but she is in the midst of one of the biggest police operations of her life.

Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5

This is my first dive into the author Paul Finchs work, despite this being partway into a series and I have to say i have enjoyed it enough that on closing the book, I instantly took to online shops to scan places I can grab the others from and add to any Wishlists I happen to have.

Some of these are of course a MILE long, but I also have a shorter, more specific list aimed at a subtle birthday hint. I enjoyed this enough to also add them to that list too!

I usually prefer to enjoy a series fr
peggy
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER FANTASTIC READ FROM THIS AUTHOR!!!!!
I actually requested this book without reading the blurb. This author is that good.
What do illegal dog fights, dog baiting, missing people and a big black van have in common? You need to read this book to find out the answers. You will be shocked just like I was.
I was hooked from the first page, it is full on and does not let you go. The dark underbelly of the North and The Crew. This read is hard hitting, gritty, packed with tension and suspense. Full
Sandra
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say i haved loved getting to know Lucy Clayburn,her friends and her foe.To be a police woman and then to find out your father is well known criminal goes everything she believes in.Keeping her mom safe from harm is lucy's main objective and after coming clean to Priya sends her career and life into a spin and her dads life in jeopardy from people he answers to.I can highly recommend the Lucy Clayburn series and this book gets 5*.Well done to Paul Finch.
Jacob Collins
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Manchester people are disappearing off the streets, people who many wouldn’t even worry about; people who are sleeping rough and drug addicts, until a young woman vanishes while out running, which prompts a response from the police. One thing that links the disappearances is a dark coloured van seen in the area that has aroused the suspicions of several witnesses.

DC Lucy Clayburn becomes aware of the missing people and starts an investigation. But as she gets to grip with what could prove to
Jen
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-challenge
The case that Lucy finds herself at the heart of is a very distressing one for animal lovers everywhere but rest assured, although you will be saddened by the opening, a tragically all too believable tale in itself, this is only really the beginning. A dark van has been seen trawling the streets of Crowley just before beloved family pets have gone missing. But is it part of the bust that Lucy is arranging or is it the start of something far more sinister?

Well if you read the book (or the blurb)
Kath
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
This is the third book in this series and, to get the very best from it, especially in terms of character backstory and development, it's best to start from book one and read in order. Lucy is a bit complex so it really will help!
This book starts with rumours. People are going missing but bodies never turn up and no one appears concerned as they are mostly from the homeless community. There are also sightings of a mysterious black van being reported. But there is nothing really to go o
Jennifer Scanlan
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is my first introduction to DC Lucy Clayburn and I’m now a firm fan.  She’s a detective, her father is a crime boss – not the best of combinations.

There is so much going on in Stolen – dogs going missing, an ex-nun who is addicted to drugs, missing pensioners, gangsters.  It’s a lot to take in and I did find myself wondering how it was all going to link up and mean something to the storyline. There is a lot of information to take in but I managed just fine and was able to pick up where
Dash fan
4☆ A Pacy Crime Fiction

STOLEN is the Third book in a series however my first book.

It took my a while to get into the book as I hadn't read the previous books and there was alot of characters I had no clue who they were so I missed out on some character development.

Stolen opens with a bang, it was eerie and I have to admit I very nearly stopped reading.
DC Lucy Clayburn and her Team are about to shut down a dog fighting rink and it was pretty hard hitting.
I have a dog and it really did get to me
Billie
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How do you find the missing when there’s no trail to follow?
Members of the public have started to disappear, taken from the streets as they’re going about their every day lives. But no bodies are appearing – it’s almost as if the victims never existed.
Lucy must chase a trail of dead ends and false s
Carole Gourlay
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well Paul, you’ve pushed the boat out this time, this one is grim. I must say I found the dogs disappearing and the fighting upsetting, but the story I really could not work out what it was all about! Perhaps I’m slipping in my old age.

With animals, people and vehicles all vanishing off the streets with no clue as to why and what for it makes this book a very compulsive read.

Once again Lucys father is in the picture, as one of the most notorious criminals in the north west, and she is between
Julie Lacey
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
This is the first book I’ve read in this series and whilst it was fine as a stand-alone, I’m intrigued to find out what happened in the first two books.
The story begins with Lucy busting a dog fighting syndicate which was quite uncomfortable reading.
Then the story moves on to an old man going missing with his dog.
Sister Cassie asks to see Lucy, and tells her of other people that have gone missing and Lucy starts to look into the situation.
As well as this we see what Frank McCracken
Jacqueline Murphy
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a bit late to the party on this series, this is my first read but in saying that... its now been added to my list!

DC Lucy Clayburn is hot on the heels of dog fights after numerous dogs being reported missing, she thinks this is the missing link.... unfortunately none of those dogs are found but at least quite a few nasty people are locked up!!!

From dogs going missing, now to homeless people going missing and then an elderly man going missing from his house, how does this all tie in together.
Eloise Robbertze
Stolen by Paul Finch is a murder / mystery / detective novel. I struggled to get into the story. At first it was all over the place and so many characters were introduced so quickly that a few times I had to page back to remember who was doing what.

There are a few threads woven into the novel – missing dogs then missing pensioners, a drug addicted ex-nun, assassins, a detective and her crime boss father – and the trick is figuring out how they all fit together.

The storyline was an interesting
Anne
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in the D.C Lucy Clayburn series. People are going missing from the streets without trace. Initially homeless people, who no-one really misses at first and then ordinary people going about their business, a dog walker, a jogger and a personal trainer. A black / dark coloured van has been seen cruising the streets, but is it connected to these disappearances ?
D.S Lucy Clayburn works under pressure to solve these disappearances but she is weighed down heavily by a secret she is carry
Karen
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the advanced copy

ello ello ello, queue the bill music. Wait that is a disservice for this brilliant book. Lucy is back along with her extended family. Police procedural at its very best. Lucy takes us for a no holds barred race through the grimy streets and alleys of Manchester. All the twists and turns of a thrill a minute ride quicker than her Ducati in the fast-paced plot. The end tho not a cliff hanger leaves you begging for the next book in the seri
Helen Lancaster Lancaster
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book👍

I think I've read all Paul Finch's books and have loved each and every one of them. This was no exception. Lucy is back investigation crime in her patch. It starts off as Dogs are going missing and people are talking about a mysterious black van. Then people go missing. Lucy has a lot on her plate especially with her notorious father Frank McCracken, whilst trying to stay out of trouble herself. Very exciting stuff. Just a note to Paul don't leave it so long till the next one😁📕
Martha Brindley
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the Lucy Clayburn series and I thin Stolen is the best yet. Really good character development and plenty of fast paced action in this excellent police procedural. Lucy is a gritty determined character who goes off alone to solve the disappearance of homeless people. As the truth emerges about Lucy's gangster father, can she keep her detective job? Another great read from Paul Finch and one I would recommend. Thanks to Net Galley for my ARC.
Lorraine
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Despite being book number three in the DCI Lucy Clayburn series this can be read as a standalone. As with all Paul Finch's books it is a well written rollercoaster of a ride that will keep you hooked throughout.

If you are looking for a fast paced, action packed police thriller with a gangster undertone then look no further.

Highly recommended!
Diane
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book following the life of DC Lucy Clayburn. Lucy has a lot to cope with in this book. Dogs and people are going missing are the two things linked. An ex Nun who is now part of the homeless society just might be able to help Lucy. When her father gets dumped at the hospital shot will her secret come out. So much going on for Lucy a gripping read.
Karolyn
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This is such a good book, well written with a lot of detail and good descriptions. There is a lot going on in this book, people are going missing, pets are going missing, DC Lucy Clayburn is worried about the truth about her father coming out etc.

Another great book from Paul Finch which I enjoyed reading.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, loved-it
This is book three in the DC Lucy Clayburn series. I do believe it would have been better if I had have read the previous books. However I really enjoyed this story so will go back and read the previous books.

DC Lucy Clayburn has her hands full. She’s investigating the disappearance of dogs and then people start going mix. Throw into the equation that DC Lucy has a big gangster for her dad.

Brilliant read. I will say it took me a while to get my head around the characters but the storyline was s
MarylineD
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
'Stolen' by Paul Finch.

Wow, amazing book!
Well written, fast paced, just incredible!
I can't wait to read more by this author.

Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for the ARC of this book. This is my honest review. All opinions are my own.
Sally Boocock
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
Another cracking novel in the Lucy Claybourne series. Fast paced to a brilliant ending. Loving the characters even the "evil " Frank McCracken. An excellent crime thriller, a bit gruesome in places but definitely readable. Although having said that my heart still lies with Heck.
Annette
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I must admit I enjoyed this book much more than the previous one. DC Lucy Clayburn is brilliant at her job and is usually in the thick of it, never failing to get stuck in whatever the cost. She does, however, have a massive secret one that she is determined to keep at all costs.
Paul Finch is a former cop and journalist, now full-time writer. Having originally written for the television series THE BILL plus children's animation and DOCTOR WHO audio dramas, he went on to write horror, but is now best known for his crime / thriller fiction.

He won the British Fantasy Award twice and the International Horror Guild Award, but since then has written two parallel series of hard-