Start by marking “Killing with Confetti (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery)” as Want to Read:
Killing with Confetti (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery)

Killing with Confetti

(Peter Diamond #18)

Peter Lovesey, MWA Grand Master and titan of the English detective novel, returns readers to Bath with the eighteenth mystery in his critically acclaimed Peter Diamond series.

As a New Year begins in Bath, Ben Brace proposes to his long-term girlfriend, Caroline, the daughter of notorious crime baron Joe Irving, who is coming to the end of a prison sentence. The problem is
Published July 9th 2019 by Soho Crime

Graham
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fabulously told story. Love the detail he puts into his stories - they really draw you in. The first part was so rich and detailed and leaves you wondering how does this fit in. And then all is revealed later. Master storyteller
Martina
Amazing! This is #18 in Peter Lovesey's Detective Peter Diamond Mystery series, due from Soho Crime on 9 July 2019. Set in Bath, England, Diamond, head of Bath's CID, is not well pleased about being in charge of security for the wedding of the son of Bath's Deputy Chief Constable to the daughter of a crime baron. What could go wrong?

Apparently more than enough! This is just another great outing for Peter Diamond! I was so smug about spotting one clue toward the killer, but I had the wrong reason
Laura Hill
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Thank you to Soho Press and NetGalley for providing an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. The book will be published on July 19, 2019.

Entertaining detective fiction by British master Peter Lovesey — the 18th in the Peter Diamond series. Peter Diamond is Old School — crusty, gruff, preferring action to data mining, and leaving modern contrivances like cell phones in their preferred “off” position more often than not to the dismay of his more modern staff.

In an unusual st
joyce w. laudon
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been reading the Peter Diamond series ever since The Last Detective, was published. The protagonist, Peter Diamond, is irascible and capable. The setting of the series is Bath, England; as this is a city that I love, the setting adds to the joys of the novels for me.

Killing with Confetti is the latest in this long running series. In this one, the son of a high ranking police officer is set to marry the daughter of a former prisoner and crime king. Diamond is enlisted to ensure the securit
Gail Cooke
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Peter Lovesey and all I can say is WOW! Where has he been all my reading life and shame on me for not meeting him sooner! I love mysteries but to read one laced with humor is this reader's paradise. An imaginative plot filled with uniquely fascinating characters kept me up most of the night as I simply couldn't put the book down.

You'd think an upcoming wedding would be a joyous occasion - parties, presents, showers - not quite. Caroline the daughter of crime kingpin Jo
Cary
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Peter Lovesey, Penguin Randon House, Soho Press, and Goodreads Giveaways for a chance to read Killing With Confetti (A Peter Diamond Investigation)

A notorious crime baron’s daughter is set to wed the Deputy Chief Constable’s son. The crime baron, Joe Irving, has been freshly released from prison. Peter Diamond, CID head, is put in charge of security for the wedding at the Abbey and reception in the Roman Baths. Hitman Jack Peace keeps getting fouled up while trying to aim...will he
Cathy Cole
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Killing With Confetti is vintage Lovesey. The man had to be enjoying himself the entire time he was writing the book. In this eighteenth outing for the indefatigable Peter Diamond, red herrings are the main course, and Lovesey is the master chef. The story grabbed me from the start, but once I got close to the end, those twists and turns kept coming, and I was delighted.

From the grim necessities of the very real dilemma this marriage was for the police officer's family to scouting out the most
Ron Chicaferro
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another terrific book by Peter Lovesey in the long-running Peter Diamond series. This book is a little different since the first quarter of the book is the development of the back story - we don't even hear from our hero, Senior Detective Peter Diamond, until after that. But you soon realize that the back story determines who the killer is. The confetti in the title comes from a wedding that Diamond is ordered to attend. The story is exciting and you'll try to figure out who the killer is right ...more
Celeste Hogan
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Peter Lovesey’s Killing with Confetti is an entertaining, suspenseful mystery with an unexpected plot twist. I enjoyed reading The Last Detective and The False Inspector Dew, so I was pleased to receive this giveaway edition from Soho Crime. Their mysteries take place in interesting locations, frequently in a historical setting as well, and meet a high standard. Thank you, Soho Crime, for this free copy that did not disappoint.
Pat Yosca
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gives us an old school detective , Peter Diamond who must serve at the wedding of the son of the chief with the daughter of a Mafia type DON who has just been released from prison. The wedding occurs in Bath and Peter has to arrange protection as he fears someone will shoot the ex con. This book has an ending I never expected. Try it, you will love this detective!
Mary Munroe
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun new Peter Diamond

I have always liked the Peter Diamond books and I love the setting in Bath, a town I have visited and enjoyed. This one satisfies very well on both sides. Recommended.
Basil Callimanis
A well constructed mystery

Another excellent mystery written by Peter Lovesey. It’s nice to be able to read a story that is both entertaining as well as craftily constructed so you can’t guess who did it after the first chapter. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Bonnie
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice twist at the end

Straight forward Peter Diamond tale of collusion and corruption. Kept me reading. Even got a kitten and a dog stuck in and safely. Nice one.
William Mehl
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Won this on Goodreads and was quite pleased. My first Peter Diamond read. It was well balanced and very readable. Loved the surprise ending.
Brenda Schneider
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good entertaining mystery. I like the characters and the detective. Love the setting. I won this book through Goodreads.
Linda Lanoue
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy a Peter Diamond novel. The word picture of Georgina in the very end made me literally laugh out loud!
Wolf Irrsiegler
rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2019
Jul 11, 2019
Nick Rennis
Apr 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Peter (Harmer) Lovesey (born 1936 in Whitton, Middlesex) is a British writer of historical and contemporary crime novels and short stories. His best-known series characters are Sergeant Cribb, a Victorian-era police detective based in London, and Peter Diamond, a modern-day police detective in Bath. Lovesey's novels and stories mainly fall into the category of entertaining puzzlers in the "Golden ...more

Peter Diamond (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • The Last Detective (Peter Diamond, #1)
  • Diamond Solitaire (Peter Diamond, #2)
  • The Summons (Peter Diamond, #3)
  • Bloodhounds (Peter Diamond, #4)
  • Upon A Dark Night (Peter Diamond, #5)
  • The Vault (Peter Diamond, #6)
  • Diamond Dust (Peter Diamond, #7)
  • The House Sitter (Peter Diamond, #8; Inspector Henrietta Mallin .5)
  • The Secret Hangman (Peter Diamond, #9)
  • Skeleton Hill (Peter Diamond, #10)