Start by marking “Rescue She” as Want to Read:
Rescue She

Rescue She

Some flames never die...

Weston is Olivia’s high school crush, and she’s spent sixteen years pining for a guy who she thought would never return her affections.

Olivia was the one girl who Weston tamped down his feelings for. He pushed her away, believing he wasn’t worthy of her attention.

When they meet again under harrowing circumstances, Weston saves her. The embers are st
Published January 22nd 2019 by Kara Liane

To ask other readers questions about Rescue She, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue She

Beth
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was super lucky to win through author giveaway on instagram, so cool!! lucky me!! happy dance!! newbie to this author, are you a fan of steamy hot firefighter romances? total respect for those men and ladies who do that work, can only imagine the stress not only on your mind, but body. well done. & thank you. u will love this one too. love the laughs and a few tears as well. i am a reader who loves detailed ... get me the visual in my brain-O ... well great ... amazing style.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good read. Olivia and Weston both really liked each other in high school. The problem was not neither one had said something. They both graduated yet never got over each other. After an accident they get to start spending time together. There is some drama of course but thankfully in the end it all gets worked out.
Babs
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Weston and Olivia were friends in high school. Olivia had a big crush on Wes but he kept pushing her away. She leaves to go to college and Wes goes to the fire academy.

Fast forward 17 years. Olivia works from home most of the time and her boyfriend Jarod is just not right for her. She has been thinking it for a long time. She has an accident. Wes’s station is called and he helps save her.

Wes goes to see her in the hospital and they start to talk. Their love has not died for each other. They bot
Char Davis
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an emotional rollercoaster ride to romance.When Olivia lost her mom to cancer her junior year of high school a new boy starts high school and they seem to get close.But when they are seniors Liv waits for Wed to ask her to the prom when she decides to ask him he breaks her heart telling her he doesn't want to go to prom and doesn't want to hang out with her that they are threw.He breaks her heart.Then he hears she's moving to Florida to go to,college and all though he broke her heart he ...more
JoAnna G
**4.5 My Everything Plus Infinity Stars**

Oh My Gosh!! Where do I begin? First, this is a new author to me. Then, the sexy beast of a fireman. Yes, you got it ladies and he knows he is hot. I was melting into a puddle of goo. I liked the hero and the heroine and their back stories. Though I think that Weston back story was heartbreaking. The story has some flashback passages f so we get to know what happened to make Weston do what he does.

Weston was a loner and kept to himself and always wore lo
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
This was my first book by this author and the blurb alone had me hooked!

I fell in love with this book in the first few chapters! I thought the characters were well written and extremely likable. Their past and the depths of their demons made it easy to feel compassion for them. I fell head over heels for Weston and his back story!

Somewhere around the middle of the book things started to sputter out for me. The story line was moving along at a great pace until the hero and heroine's "second chan
Ariadna Basulto
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kara Liane and her writing are new to me, but as soon as I began to read Rescue She I quickly fell in love with her small town romance storyline and wonderful characters. Kara Liane perfectly combines a sweet second-chance romance, secrets, and scorching hot chemistry to deliver a book you’ll love getting lost in.

Weston and Olivia met when they were in high school and fell for each other. Despite their feelings and Olivia pursuing Weston their romance never takes off. Weston believes his abusiv
Brandy Roberts
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rescue she was a good book it had me drawn in the from the start the I wanted to see how Kara Liane was going to write the relationship with the hero and heroine . My heart really hurt for Weston and Olivia you could really feel how much they liked one another , when we got to read some of the chapters from their past it just had me wanting to push them together even more . It was really unique how the couple meet up after note seeing one another for years lets just say I was super giddy . There ...more
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a totally new to me author, but one that I'm sure I'll be following in the future. I've always enjoyed books about those in the emergency services finding their HEA. There is just something about the ones that give so much to their community finally finding love that makes me happy. This story is all of that, and so much more!

Olivia had a wonderful life, amazing parents, until her mother got sick and died when she was a teenager. She lost her way for a bit, until a new guy started at her
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kara Liane is a new to me author, and I found myself falling in love with her writing very quickly into this story. Weston & Olivia fell in love when they were in High School, but despite those strong teenage feelings, they never quite made it to relationship status because of Weston's hangups, so they end up going their separate ways. Now 16 years later, they come face to face when Olivia is in an accident, and Weston is a first responder at the scene. Fate has given them a second chance so ...more
Alyne Hart
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read everything Kara Liane has written, from her debut book, until now, and all I can say is WOW.

This book is well thought out, well written and well executed.

Wes is deep, troubled and all tangled up inside (why do I love that so much?) Wes has a bit of an issue with emotions, and rightfully so. So much, that he has pushed his love of Olivia to the side in an effort to save her from him. (Seriously, why do I love troubled heroes SO much?)

Olivia is just wonderful. As much as I love me a g
Up All Night With Books
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Olivia had a major crush on Weston back in high school. She even went as far as to ask him to prom! However, things did not turn out the way she wanted and they ended up not having the relationship they both so badly wanted. Fast-forward sixteen years and they are now both established in their careers and still carry that torch for each other.

Rescue She is a second chance romance filled with angst, romance, smut and all the
Susan
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
High School the time most find their first love. this is no different for Olivia and Weston. Olivia has just lost her mother to cancer and has lost her way until Weston moves to town and its love at first sight. Weston new to town doesn't have a great home life and doesn't want to bring the only bright spot Oliva into his terrible life. The only thing he can look forward to is firefighting. 16 years later Oliva is in a horrific car accident and Weston is saving her. Can their love still hold or ...more
Viper Spaulding
Sweet, sexy second-chance romance

Wes and Olivia clicked instantly in high school, but his family life prevented him from pursuing anything more than friendship. Separated after high school, it's not until many years later that their paths cross again and give them a second chance. There are quite a few obstacles that they have to overcome before they get their HEA, but their devotion to each other never wanes, even when they're not able to express it.

This was a bit of a slow burn love story, wi
Alexa
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first read by this author. The blurb hooked me in and I'm a sucker for a good firefighter hero too. This was a second chance romance which can be hit or miss for me...

The main characters went to both school together and liked each other but never made a move and things went no where. The story picks up again 16 years later when unexpected circumstances bring them back into each other's lives. Be prepared for back and forth between the past and present - not my fave writing tactic but.
Connie
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Booksprout and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This is the first book from this author that I have read. I chose it as I adore reading romances with first responders. This one didn't disappoint either. I absolutely fell in love with Weston and Olivia. The secondary characters were quite wonderful as well.

The book was written in my favorite dual POV format. It was very necessary here especially regarding Weston's side. I have never had anything like
Tiffany Readz
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars-Not Much of a Connection for Me

Loved the cover and the blurb for Rescue She! I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into the handsome fireman, Weston Thorpe and see what kind of damaged good guy we were dealing with here.

Weston and Olivia knew each other in high school and have lost touch over the years. They are in their early thirties now and haven't really gotten over that high school crush. Which is what I had a hard time connecting with. I could see it if they were high school sweethear
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I've volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. This was my first book by this author. As I began to read Rescue She I quickly fell in love with her small town romance storyline and wonderful characters. Weston and Olivia met when they were in high school. Olivia and Weston’s love was like riding a roller coaster in the very front seat. In this book there was a good combination sweet, heat, secrets, swoon-worthy romance and amazingly well-developed side characters. If you l ...more
Sandy
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In real life how many people lose out on the love of their life just because they think they are not worthy of the other person. Doubt is something everyone feels and it is wonderful when doubt can be sent out the door. This sweet romance has two people who have known each other since school both are attracted to each other now the only question can they get their act together. Love the characters Wes a firefighter and Liv are two great people and as you read you will want them to have that HEA. ...more
Chantelle Bouffanie
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Caswell
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They where friends in school and Olivia finally worked up enough nerve to invite Weston to the school prom and he turned her down. She went away and formed a new life for herself Now she has returned to their home town and is rescued from a car accident by non other than Weston he is now a local firefighter The attraction is still there so begins a dance between them as they push and pull at one another Will these two ever admit their feelings for one another will they ever get a HEA You need to ...more
Sheila
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Olivia had a crush on Weston in high school so when she ask him to senior prom he turned her down she felt he didn't return her feelings but actually he was shielding her from his terrible home life. Sixteen years later when she is in a accident he is a firefighter who response and they reconnect but she is in a relationship that is not what she wants and finally she breaks it off. Can Olivia and Weston make a relationship work after all those years apart?

I received a free copy of this book via
Shelly Celli
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
These two have had a rough time in life this far. The way things ended in high School between them is a turning point in their lives that they never forget or move on from. When he rescues her from a car accident, their love for one another is once again shoved in their faces. Things progress naturally, but he’s still haunted by his past. That past causes some issues and they almost don’t get their HEA. I loved the characters and how things progressed throughout the story. This is a story that i ...more
Jessica.Elisabete
Margery Baker
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Realizing high school crushes
Olivia and Weston had high school crushes on each other, but neither one knew. They spent 16 years in the “dark”. They meet again after sixteen years when he, now a firefighter, saves her life. Feelings come alive! Likeable characters, sensitive story, and talented writing make this an emotional ride.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Georgia
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Kara Liane's book I've read and it won't be the last. This book is about second chances between Olivia and Weston who fell in love in high school. But Weston was dealing with issues at home and pushed her away and now he's back. The characters and storyline was well written. This is a sweet and heartwarming story, a must read.

Wendy Livingstone
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me, and I will certainly be looking out for her work in the future. Weston and Olivia met in high school and did not confess their feelings for each other. Now 16 years later Olivia is in an accident, and Wes is a first responder. Can these two have a second chance at love? No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed. This is a good story which has me intrigued and hooked throughout, and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Barbara
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A second chance story of a man who believes he was not worthy of the woman he loved and who he lost sixteen years ago. Olivia is in a car accident and Weston who is a firefighter saves her they realize that they both still have feelings for each other. But she is with Jarrod. I enjoyed reading how this story progressed and everything that happened in it. A book I would recommend. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Debbie Orazi
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really sweet enjoyable book. The characters, Olivia and Weston, fell in love in high school during some of the most turbulent times of their lives. Due to his home situation he pushed her away until 16 years later when he rescued her from a car accident. They quickly advance in their relayionship; however, his past came back to haunt him and he pushed her away again. Fortunately they are able to work their issues out and finally get them HEA.

I received a free copy of this book via Boo
Vivian Chrisman
Time After Time...

"If love is like fire, then I'll get burned"
Sixteen years is a long time to have an "infatuation" with someone. That's how long Olivia and Weston have pined for the other. While I really liked this story, the start was a little slow and I had a hard time getting into the story-line. I'm glad I stuck with it.

*I received an Advance Reader's Copy via Hidden Gems which I am voluntarily reviewing*

Kara Liane is a lover of all things romance, and a protector of the environment working as a Lab Tech. She holds several degrees, including a master’s in management from Wayland Baptist University. Her husband since 2002 proudly serves in the military. The family, which includes twin elementary-age sons and two adult dogs, resides in New Jersey. In her spare time, she reads and writes various thi