Start by marking “Strand of Faith (Choices and Consequences, #1)” as Want to Read:
Strand of Faith (Choices and Consequences, #1)

Strand of Faith

(Choices and Consequences)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  15 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A girl and a monk, both with extraordinary mental powers, have compelling reasons not to fall in love. But those from whom they expect support are manipulating them both because their choices will have consequences for the rest of the world.

After a stormy youth, Brother Prospero has found comfort and fulfilment in the monastery. That is, until he discovers something that
Published November 15th 2018 by Isbin Books

To ask other readers questions about Strand of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strand of Faith

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Yvonne
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leonie is taken under the wing of Abbot Gabriel, she has certain mental abilities and strengths that leave some to be very wary of her. With the tutelage and guidance at the Abbey she finds she is more able to manage her powers. Brother Prospero found his way to the Abbey years before, a troubled man who has found peace after taking orders. For both Leonie and Prospero they have found a sanctuary, they have also found each other, a connection that troubles both.

This is the start of a
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tf
When I saw the cover for this book I was intrigued, and the blurb piqued my interest even more! Word of advice make sure when you read this you are on your own so you can concentrate. I was sitting in a cafe on my lunch break when I started this and got distracted so kept reading the same sentences over and over. And to be honest that was rude, this book needs your attention, it demands and deserves it. Plus if you do not, well let me just say the characters in the book will know…they have power ...more
Jessica Belmont
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rachel J. Bonner has crafted an incredibly entertaining and compelling story in Strand of Faith. Once I started reading, I could not put this one down. The world was unique and I love the theme of choosing between love and life. A theme that is proven to be a very difficult choice.

I really loved Brother Prospero, Leonie, and Abbot Gabriel. Each has a unique story and each character is intriguing and relatable. I absolutely loved reading the story surrounding these three, and they rea
Lucy-May
Rating: 3.5 Stars

This book was quite different from what I expected - the cover made me think the story would be quite dark, but it turned out to be quite a fluffy fantasy romance. Now that I’m admitting that I enjoy romance, as long as there’s some fantasy too, I’ll say that I did enjoy Leonie & Prospero’s relationship & I liked that each character had some depth to them. Strand of Faith wasn’t an exhilarating read but I did enjoy it & the ending has made me want to pick
Jéssica
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
This is the first book in a series so it's the entry for this new world, and personally I think that the first book in a series is always the one that can have more information about the world that sometimes in can make it heavy, but in this book, there was a good balance with the action, romance and the introduction of the characters and world.

The author created and amazing world. Really... it was complex and intriguing, it touched many genres I love with the fantasy and paranormal
Kim Shelley
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
What can I say about this book? It was pretty darn good! I loved the relationships between all the characters. Especially between Brother Prospero and Leonie. He knows he shouldn't love her, but love (usually) conquers all.All the characters had their own stories and backgrounds which made all of them so different and unique. This book and I'm going to assume the rest of the series, is about connecting and helping people with similar abilities.There is a religious presence, I am not a religious ...more
Yvonne Davies
In preparation for the release of the 2nd in the series, I read Strand of Faith, the first book in the Choice and Consequences series.
Set in a world where some people have psychic gifts, a monastery is set up to help the young students to use their talents. Brother Prospero an exceptionally gifted monk, he had had difficulty controlling his powers, but now highly trained, he used his skills to help others. Leonie, an orphan hides in the monastery to try and control her abilities. But with
Kirsty
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book frustrated me and delighted me in equal measure. It is set within a monastery, although there are snippets of the wider world. The impression I got was that humans have pretty much destroyed the world, as they begin to put it back together some people are being born with extra abilities, they are called ‘adepts’. As you can imagine a lot of characters in the story have these unique abilities.
Characters:
I really enjoyed the people the book revolved around. Each chapter was b
Laura Doherty
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Full review at http://lauramorningstar.com/reviw-str...

Strand of Faith wasn’t quite what I was expecting, the cover art is beautiful and enigmatic leading me to believe that this was going to be a far darker tale than it was. On the whole this is a fantasy romance, and although the protagonists do face difficult, challenging and darker moments the focus is on them rather than the story surrounding them.

Strand of Faith is a story about facing impossible choices and the consequences of those. For Brother Prospero and Leonie th
Jessica Bronder
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Abbey is full of monks with special abilities. They all work together to help one another. Brother Prospero found his way to the Abbey years prior after some tough years. Then there is Leonie. She finds herself under Abbot Gabriel’s wing with her own abilities and problems. Things are going better for her until she meets Prospero. Both want to be friends and so much more, but that is against the rules of the Abbey.

After the last book I read being such a dark thriller I kind of expected this
Donna Maguire

I really enjoyed this story and I thought it was very well written.

The characters were good and well developed and I really enjoyed their interaction. The story was good and had plenty to keep me entertained too. There were a few twists and whilst a bit of the story was predictable in paces it didn’t detract from my employment at all.

4 stars from me – a very enjoyable story and highly recommended!!
Rachel Bonner
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Am I allowed to rate my own book? I read it again because I'm about to start editing the second book in the series. They say write what you want to read, so I did. And I enjoy reading it every time I do so, I love getting back with these characters.

Also, as I have actually read it, I need it to count towards my Reading Challenge!
H.L.Ruark
Sara Pigott
Aug 06, 2019
Judy Beasley
Aug 06, 2019
Rachel J Bonner is the author of the compelling and enthralling four book Choices and Consequences series. The first book in the series, Strand of Faith, was published in November 2018. Book 2, Thread of Hope, released on 2nd May 2019, to be followed by Weave of Love in October, and Cloth of Grace at the end of February 2020.

Getting a degree in engineering, followed by a career in acco

Choices and Consequences (3 books)
  • Thread of Hope (Choices and Consequences, #2)
  • Weave of Love (Choices and Consequences, #3)