Start by marking “Finding Lord Farlisle (Lost Lords #1)” as Want to Read:
Finding Lord Farlisle (Lost Lords #1)

Finding Lord Farlisle

(Lost Lords #1)

The girl he finally remembers
Eleven years ago, a shipwreck robbed Lord Maxim Farlisle of his memory. Recovering himself, he journeys to his childhood home to find Waithe Hall shut and deserted. Unwilling to face what remains of his family, Maxim makes his home in the abandoned hall…only to have a determined ghost hunter invade his uneasy peace.

The boy she never forgot
Fa
Published November 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Finding Lord Farlisle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Lord Farlisle

Amy Bruno
"The ghosts of Waithe Hall beckoned..."

Short, sweet, and sexy! Finding Lord Farlise was a delicious morsel of a book that I had a blast reading!

Lady Alexandra Torrence steals away to Waithe Hall after hearing reports of strange happenings at the abandoned manor. She is reluctant to be there since it was the home of her childhood friend who vanished 11 years ago, but she is on a quest to begin her new career as a ghost hunter. However, what she finds at the manor was not what she expected at all!
Lisa
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, bur-2019
This is a new to me author and it was a lovely read. I enjoyed the chance for Maxim and Alexandra to find each other again and find their HEA. This was an interesting approach to finding a lost friend and love. I found Alexandra very intriguing, her independence and matter of fact way of dealing with her “investigation.” Maxim was charming and it was fun watching him rediscover his past and grab hold of a future he was not sure he deserved or was worthy of. Ms. Dean’s use of dyslexia to humble M ...more
Andrea Guy
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a short read when I have been reading some heavier material, so this novella really hit the spot. It was absolutely perfect, which is really hard to do when you are trying to fit a good story into about 90ish pages, but Cassandra Dean did just that.

Lady Alexandra is at Waithe Hall to investigate ghosts, only she found Maxim who was her childhood friend when she gets there. Maxim has lost his memory when he was shipwrecked.

As he spends time with Alexandra his memory starts to return. Maxi
Amy
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finding Lord Farlisle is the first book I have read by Cassandra Dean. I thought this historical romance was a great read. The vivid details and descriptions sent me back in time to nineteenth century England. The plot is intriguing with a few twists and turns. I never knew what would happen next.

I am giving Finding Lord Farlisle four and a half stars. I highly recommend it to other readers who enjoy historical romance. I look forward to reading more by this author in the future. Fabulous read!
Barbara
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful well written second chance story. Lord Maxim Farlisle lost his memory in a shipwreck eleven years ago and has finally come home after remembering. But instead of letting what is left of his family know he has come back he lives in the deserted Waithe Hall his deserted family home. Lady Alexandra Torrence decides to investigate the estate imagine her surprise when she finds her childhood friend living there. I enjoyed reading the story between these two. I would recommend this bo ...more
Sherry Westendorf
For so many years after a shipwreck he didn't remember anything. As it happens by the time he gets home his manor is shut down and deserted. But with nowhere else what do you do but move in. Along comes a girl you knew and had something with long years ago. But she is hunting ghosts. Some people are beyond curious. Can they rebuild what they had and more? I received a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Rose Blue
As reviewed at TRR: https://www.theromancereviews.com/vie...

Lady Alexandra Torrence has always been considered a bit odd. Her current passion is writing articles about her investigations into psychic phenomena. She has heard rumors of ghostly lights in Waithe Hall, the estate next to hers, and she intends to see what she can find out. Though Waithe Hall is currently uninhabited, it’s the home of the Farlisles, close friends of her own family. Years ago, Maxim Farlisle, was her best friend and co
Joanna E.Lopez
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lady Alexandra Torrence is a socialite who is deemed odd to the Ton. Alexandra has always been fascinated by ghosts. She and her best friend Lord Maxim Farlisle have chased these said ghosts since they were children. Lady Alexandra sadly lost Lord Maxim when he left to find his own life and ends up missing for ten years. On a stormy night, alone Alexandra takes it upon herself to investigate an old abandoned estate which she believes a ghost is haunting. The said ghost is a housekeeper who is st ...more
Candy Briggs
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are a few twists but the author explains it all. I am lucky to have been given this to read. It was definitely worth the time.I really enjoyed this but it was to short. She went to Waithe Hall to do some ghost investigations. The house had been deserted and holland covers covered everything. Lady Alexandra Torrence had loved without reservation and missed him even more. She was looking into the tale that Timmons, the groom had told them. There was housekeeper that had lost her keys and ha ...more
Debra Martin
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Alexandra Torrence is considered to be a bit odd by the ton because of her interest in investigations of paranormal activities. When she has a chance to investigate claims of a spirit at Waithe Hall, her childhood friend, Maxim Farlisle's home, she doesn't hesitate to take on the case. Memories of Maxim and all the good times they shared bombard her the moment she steps into the entry hall. Maxim had meant the world to her, but he's been dead for 11 years. She has never loved anyone else. I ...more
Cheryl Malandrinos
What a fascinating novella. Dean writes an intriguing story of two people unexpectedly brought back together again. The characters are well-developed considering the short length, and you can't help but root for them to find a way of getting beyond those miserable years where Maxim was assumed dead; when he struggled with finding his way in a world where he didn't belong, with many of his memories gone.

Alexandra is likable from the start. You admire her spunk and her uniqueness. She brings out s
Christine Woinich
Ghost hunting, a ghost back from the dead, strong attraction, and more. I enjoyed this read very much. Alexandra was so accepting of Maxim, once she realized he was still alive. Her love survived the years and she helped his self-confidence by being herself. Maxim had been through a lot, though with more detail I could have felt more emotion. His self-doubt had shaped the adult he had become, but his heart remembered Alexandra. This was a good story, and I recommend it.

I received an ARC through
Roger
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This simple romance was endearing. The characters were likable and well rounded. The romance was laid out in a clear straightforward way that left no doubt in your mind that they were fated to each other, and their happiness left me feeling good inside.

Yes, they both had heartaches in life, but they recognized their strong attraction to each other and the romantic nature of their feelings led their hearts to that happily ever after ending.

I'd easily recommend it to anyone who enjoys romance.
DeniseF
Finding Lord Farlisle is a such fun, steamy little treat! I've been in a bit of a reading funk lately and this book was just what I needed!

Alexandra was such a cool main character. I loved that she was a ghost hunter and took her work studying the paranormal so seriously. She never showed fear in her pursuit of the ghost at Waithe Hall and it was neat to see her take down calculations and really study every possibility. It definitely added a unique twist to the story. So that brings us to Maxi
CoffeeandInk
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish the author had started earlier in the story—their shared childhood, the sudden loss—as I feel I would have connected more strongly. However, that doesn’t keep me from loving the story of haunted, ghost-hunting Lady Alexandra Torrence and the lost and broken Lord Farlisle.
Eleven years previously, young Lord Farlisle had left for America, leaving Alexandra devastated. Worse, he was reported lost at sea six months later. Now he’s returned with broken memories to a strange but joyful woman w
Cassandra Dean
Sep 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Phoenix77
Venette Schafer
Jenna P
Sara
Mar 12, 2019
Cassandra grew up daydreaming, inventing fantastical worlds and marvelous adventures. Once she learned to read (First phrase – To the Beach. True story), she was never without a book, reading of other people’s fantastical worlds and marvelous adventures.

Fairy tales, Famous Fives, fantasies and fancies; horror stories, gumshoe detectives, science fiction; Cassandra read it all. Then she discovered

Lost Lords (3 books)
  • Rescuing Lord Roxwaithe (Lost Lords, #2)
  • Stealing Lord Stephen (Lost Lords, #3)