Start by marking “Safely Endangered Comics” as Want to Read:
Safely Endangered Comics

Safely Endangered Comics

A collection of gloriously random and unexpected cartoons from the hugely popular webcomic Safely Endangered.

Created by UK-based artist Chris McCoy,Safely Endangered's brilliantly hilarious comics have an unexpected, twisted punch line with an adorableillustration. From relying fartoo heavily on Facebook to the struggles of sibling rivalry, Safely Endangered covers a vast
Published April 9th 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Safely Endangered Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safely Endangered Comics

Start your review of Safely Endangered Comics
MischaS_
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***Advance Review Copy generously provided through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Well hello, I'm very pleasantly surprised here! Sometimes I have a little problem with these comic strips which were first published online and then in a book version. Because I see so many of them online, the book becomes unnecessary with nothing new, redundant if you will.

But, I do not know if it's because I did not follow Safely Endangered that closely, I can say that I was only familiar with two or
Barbie
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it

It was a decent book, I laughed loud at sometimes, but also I didn't understand every joke. I reread some parts many times, but I didn't get what the joke is. I like the drawing style, it was cool. I think this author has a very specific sense of humor that doesn't work for everyone. He writes morbid, grotesque jokes what I like. I have some favorite parts attached down below. I don't read comic books very often but I've seen funnier ones. Please be careful. If you are sensitive, you
Toni
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I was not familiar with Chris McCoy's work, so these brilliant cartoons were a pleasant surprise. A great sense of humour, clever puns and popular culture references- I really enjoyed the book with its simple but hilarious style.
Thank you to NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for the ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
Jane
This collection of little strips was hit and miss for me. Some were amusing (though not hilarious), and others either fell flat or were on topics that I know nothing about so I have no clue whether they may, in fact, be funny.

This is the kind of book that I would have classified as a "bathroom book" before the days when everyone started taking their devices into the loo. Nothing too deep here, but a small bit of decent enough entertainment to keep you occupied for short periods of time.

I'm sure
Chad
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-2019, 2019
Your standard comic book funny's with a little morbid twist in the Far Side vein (although not nearly as funny). Not a bad way to spend 20 minutes.

Received an advance copy from Andrews McMeel publishing. All thoughts are my own and in no way influenced by the aforementioned.
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Couldn't enjoy it much.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I already liked Chris McCoy's webcomics, so I was excited to read this collection, and it didn't disappoint! The sense of humor is just hilarious and so spot-on for my tastes, and I really love the simple, cute art style. There's a lot of sarcasm and cynicism, and while it does occasionally manifest in a joke that's a bit insensitive, I don't think the average reader will be offended unless you just really hate morbid humor. Otherwise, give this one a go and I genuinely believe it'll brighten ...more
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
If you love Chris McCoy and his own brand of humor, you will love having, what I presume, are his best comics in one handy book.

If you find his humor off-putting, and a little sick, then, of course, don't pick up this book.

I am one of the latter. Of his cartoons, I found the ones below enough to at least say, oh, that is funny and not sick. Let me give that as an example.

His humor tends to skew towards the gross side, which is something I do not need a whole book of.

Thanks to Netgalley for
sally♡ is reading cdth!!!
THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER
La Coccinelle
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, netgalley, arc, comic
This is definitely a collection for adults. Let's get that out of the way first. But, overall, these comics are pretty funny. The drawings are simple, but some of the panels are still pretty amusing. I'd never actually seen the Safely Endangered comics before, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

I'm not sure what else there is to say about the collection. There are some gory, graphic panels, along with some rather astute observational ones. (Much of the book could be suitable for teens or
Paty Pana
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic
***I was sent a digital copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

As always, another webcomic that turns into a book that I loved. In this book you can find the collection of Chris McCoy's comics that will leave you laughing out loud! The jokes are clever and funny and I am happy to say I can't remeber seeing them around before so they still seemed new to me and I enjoyed them deeply. I also liked how the humour wasn't isnultive as it happens to be in similar comics at times.
Etienne
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very funny and totally absurd! If you like this kind of humor you will enjoy this book a lot. Absurdity at is best!
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I was absolutely squealing in delight when I spotted this book on Netgalley, this is one of the books in 2019 that I needed in my life, and now I had a chance to read it before the release date. Eep! Of course, I will still buy it as soon as it comes out.

I have loved Safely Endangered Comics for a long time now, I got hooked to it one day while browsing WebToons, and now I look forward to each time there is a new comic.
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
4.5 rounded up.

I really enjoy dark comedy and this comic definitely held up to that. There were so many panels that I wanted to print out and hang on my wall that I actually decided I need a physical copy of this book. Not just the digital copy I received for review. Clever and simple, I would definitely recommend this to anyone that has a slight cynical view of the world and isn’t afraid to show it.

Received via Netgalley. All reviews and opinions are expressly my own
Rod Brown
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
A bit lukewarm overall, but there were a few cartoons with bite sprinkled in amongst the ones that were lame or trying too hard.
Queen Cronut
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Queen Cronut by: Jane
This was an interesting collection of webcomics. They were often hilarious although there was the occasional strip that was a definite miss on the humor radar either because I didn't understand the reference or they were kind of insensitive and too morbid for my tastes.

I liked that each comic was standalone and that you could flip through the pages and still enjoy the book regardless of the order you read it in. Additionally, I liked McCoy's artistic style- it was fun and creative how he
Halle
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Safely Endangered has been a cornerstone of webcomics for the better part of the last decade, and Chris McCoy’s artistic talent and wit have made me cackle madly for years! I just adore his work and sense of humor. Safely Endangered Comics is the latest collection of snappy puns and clean line art; it is perfect for people familiar with McCoy’s art and also great for anyone who loves to laugh!
Noura
Feb 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Some webcomics should stay as such and not be collected in book form. This is one of these webcomics.
Stewart Tame
Full disclosure: I won a free copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

If you're anything like me, you’ve probably seen some of these in your Facebook feed or someplace similar. Chris McCoy has a fairly gentle sense of humor, with occasional forays into geek territory--both in the circus sideshow and the SF/Fantasy nerd senses of the word. He has a pleasant art style, sort of Adventure Time by way of Keith Haring.

How funny are these? Eh. On a scale of one to ten I’d say none of them spark
Bee
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This collection of comics includes some of the greatest hits from McCoy's webcomic of the same name, alongside comics that are exclusive to this collection. As some reviewers have already voiced, the humor isn't for everyone. Count me out of this group. These comics are witty, twisted, a little dark, but unfailingly hilarious. McCoy is a master of his medium and his debut collection is not to be missed.

I received my copy of Safely Endangered from Andrews McMeel Publishing via NetGalley in
Michelle
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Some of the comics made me really laugh. Definitely can see some jokes in here that aren’t for everyone rated this three stars cause some I really enjoyed but others were a bit meh to me. Still a funny book. ...more
Seema Rao
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the type of book that makes a great holiday gift for that millennial in your life. Its humor is broad enough to appeal to many but maybe particularly funny to those of us born after the computers and the promise of lifelong jobs. I picked up this book because I already love the writer/ illustrator from his site. But, you don't need to know his work to enjoy the book.

Thanks to NetGallery for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Linda
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Safely Endangered is full of hilarious comics. I usually keep seeing them from my friends and on some pages on Instagram. When I saw it on Netgalley, I jumped in!

I really enjoyed the book. It was easy to read while working. I just read a few pages and went back to work. I especially loved the sarcastic ones. The illustrations are full of surprises and plot twists. Definitely recommend.
Ryan
Apr 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
This is just not my type of humor. I found a few panels funny, but the rest ehhhhhhh. My guy however, loved it. Laughed and laughed. But this is my review not his. So ehhhhhhh.
Chloe Wong
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A comedy book
reallyyyyy good
Rebecca
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this, but unfortunately I'd read a lot of them before because I follow McCoy on instagram and a lot of the content from this book was originally posted there. A lot of the comics are funny though. If you really like his comics then this might be worth buying but if you're a casual fan or haven't heard of him, I'd recommend just checking out his work on Instagram first.
Aneeza Rafiq
One of my favorite comics. I would always click on the new chapter before reading any other webtoons. It brightens my day considerably.
Pragya
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This comic is hilarious and a good break from the seriousness of the world.
Eli
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
So this is very straightforward. I've followed Safely Endangered online for probably a few years now, and it's reliably funny, and so for me this book is also reliably funny and I'm happy to have it. So if you go to https://www.safelyendangered.com/ and you enjoy what you see, then you'll probably also enjoy this book and buying it would be a nice way of showing support for the artist, which is something I always recommend doing. On the other hand, if you don't like what you see on the webpage, ...more
Isaiah
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To read more reviews check out MI Book Reviews.

I got an ARC of this book.

I have seen a few of these comics floating around online, but never devoted any real effort towards finding them. I really should have. This book shows that I am really slow on the uptake of modern webcomics. I loved this book.

I read it while I was stuck in doing work things, that required a bunch of waiting around. Despite being surrounded by coworkers and others that I come in contact with regularly while working, I was
« previous 1 3 next »

• oh no
  • Emotions Explained with Buff Dudes: Owlturd Comix
  • Fowl Language: Winging It
  • Our Super Adventure Vol. 1: Press Start to Begin
  • Just Peachy: Comics About Depression, Anxiety, Love, and Finding the Humor in Being Sad
  • Why My Cat Is More Impressive Than Your Baby
  • Loading Penguin Hugs: Heartwarming Comics from Chibird
  • Cyanide and Happiness: Punching Zoo
  • Slothilda: Living the Sloth Life
  • The Escape Manual for Introverts
Chris McCoy is a cartoonist from the UK.