Start by marking “If She Ran (Kate Wise Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
If She Ran (Kate Wise Mystery #3)

If She Ran

(Kate Wise Mystery #3)

“A masterpiece of thriller and mystery. Blake Pierce did a magnificent job developing characters with a psychological side so well described that we feel inside their minds, follow their fears and cheer for their success. Full of twists, this book will keep you awake until the turn of the last page.”
--Books and Movie Reviews, Roberto Mattos (re Once Gone)

IF SHE RAN (A
Kindle Edition
Published December 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about If She Ran, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If She Ran

Start your review of If She Ran (Kate Wise Mystery #3)
Delores
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story, but...

Another installment in the Kate Wise series that involves murder, secrets, and lies. Tension between Wise and Demarco add to the story. I only give this three stars due to the many typographical errors and the way the author writes about people who are over 50 years old - she seems to think that people over 50 are inept and frail. It's quite tedious.
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 9/16/19: This was probably the best out of the first three books that I read, story-wise, but still nothing too amazing. I didn't put together the pieces of the mystery right away but the endings just never seem right. They seem more convenient than well-thought out and I just think all of these stories could use a little more development. The character development is still pretty poor also. I basically read three books because they were so quick but I'm not continuing with ...more
Tiffany
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I want to first say that I want to rate this book a 2.5 star but since half stars don’t exist I’ll round up. This is the third book I’ve read of Blake Pierce, which also happens to be the third book in the Kate Wise installments. I loved the first two books: kept me engaged, on my toes, and wondering “who done it” the entire time. Unfortunately, If She Ran did not meet up to the same standards and this is for two separate and very different reasons.

1. The story line was lack-luster. I knew the
Dee DenBleyker
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure....I was privileged to be given an advanced copy for review and it was a privilege.

As an older woman myself, I can relate to the character of Special Agent Kate Wise. She is smart and like a dog with a bone she never willingly gives up. In this 3rd outing of this series Kate finds herself revisiting an 8 year old case that she was never able to solve and it has haunted her. After 8 years another murder, using the same gun, has been committed and Kate is determined that this time
Kat
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The stories are good, twists and turns that are interesting. I would mot call these books thrillers per se’ because they don’t leave me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happens next. However they are a a steady, easy read.

As others have pointed out there are typos and better editing is warranted.

I find Kate annoying at times and I hope this gets better with subsequent books. I find her wishy-washy and without a backbone at times. Her boss seems to threaten firing her multiple times
Cassandra Struble
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Yet another fantastic mystery by Blake Pierce! I really liked this take in the Kate Wise series. There wasn't as much take on Kate's personal life in this one, just little tidbits. I love how they are interwoven in the mystery. The case takes place in a small New York suburb where all odd the housewives live perfect lives. Almost perfect, as 2 husbands are murdered in NYC and found in an alley 8 years apart. I loved following the twists as Kate struggles with fear of failure at the past case and ...more
Darcy
Patricia Grogan Bugher
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If She Ran is the third book in the Kate Wise Mystery Series by Blake Pierce. In this installment retired FBI agent, Kate Reid, is brought in for a murder case that resembles a case she worked on eight years previously but was unable to solve. Will Kate be able to solve this one without ruining her stellar FBI reputation?
Janice Branning
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kate Wise does it again, her and partner Demarco solve another murder mystery. If you have read any of these books, you know you will find out who did it; in the last chapters. Kate never disappoints me; I know everyone will give up on her ability to solve the case. But the case is solved and her friends and family love her again.
Charlene Davis
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I wish these books were kindle unlimited. I read the 2nd one and both are great mystery stories. I like that we can see in Kate's mind, I'm looking forward to see what she becomes.
Sweedle D'Souza
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant!!!
I'm so glad Kate was able to finally nail the killer , a case that has haunted her for 8 years. Didn't expect the ending to be like this but nevertheless, it was an enjoyable read.
Kym Kirby
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
These books are quick and easy reads. I like getting to know Kate & DeMarco, and I like the mystery/whodunit.
I will say - I have seen a few typos in e-books, and I understand that. This one had way too many & it became distracting sometimes.
Patricia
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mixed Emotions for Kate

This book turns Kate back to a murder of eight years before with an exact duplicate of a muder of today. Frustration and anger push Kate to do things she wouldn't normally do. I am loving this series. I highly recommend this book.
Nikki Thies
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
She gets kicked off the case too many times in this series
Laurence Morrison
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Some elements of the book seemed repetitious, in particular, the relationship between Wise and her boss. That element could and should be very different.
Johanna
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I can wait to read next book Kate is great bad ass FBI detective. What her life will be with out her job .
Meredith
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
A new author for me! I like the way she unravels the crime.
Krag Johnson
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommend

Especially loved when Kate is feeling down and stays in her jammies but ends up on the gun range. She is all girl and FBI agent in one. Thanks for the ending!
Jeanie Kidd
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love these books
martina a king
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Absolutely loved this book kate is fabulous and defunct the end I was expecting really kept u guessing till last few chapters
Cheryl A Schroeder
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining book

Enjoy readings &listening to this book. Kate is a hardcore fbi retired/partime detective who is 55. Strong smart & loves her family.
Tracy Jaegers
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What?

What can I say? This was Another wonderful story written with heart and insight. Pierce just doesn't disappoint. Great author!
Datakat
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
The typos were so frequent that it spoiled a great story.
Jim
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would have given this book 5 stars if it would have been edited. Just too many little mistakes in spelling. Well written none the less and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks!
valerie smith
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If she ran

Really enjoyed this book. I love this author's books and can hardly wait to start the next in the series. So far I haven't been disappointed.
Tilda Kaplan
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series.
Nichole Helus
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another hit

I did notice there were more grammatical and spelling errors in this book compared to most of Blake's work but not enough to impact the captivating installment.
Jill Garrett
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

High score again, good story playing well with her life story, always a good ending too. Looking forward to reading the next chapter in her life
Kristal Richardson
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kate stays in trouble. Lol. Good read!
Natalie
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Easy to read and exciting series. I keep going for this reason alone. I can fly through these books and not get bored

• The Housekeeper
  • One-Hit Wonder
  • Almost Gone (The Au Pair—Book One)
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • Deranged (Psychic Detective Kate Pierce Crime Thriller #3)
  • Take Warning: A Victor Loshak Novella
  • Where Angels Fear (Detectives Kane and Alton #5)
  • Beneath the Ashes (The Calderwood Cases, #2)
  • Down the Darkest Road (Cady Maddix Mystery, #2)
  • Beguiled (Psychic Detective Kate Pierce Crime Thriller #4)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • She's Missing
  • Dark Secrets (A Cooper & Quinn Mystery, #3)
  • All the Dying Children
  • Fractured Truth (Bone Gap Travellers #2)
  • Run from Me (Detective Sara Hunt, #1)
  • The Controller (Detective Amanda Lacey #1)
  • The Child in the Tree (DI Helena Stratton #3)
Blake Pierce is author of the bestselling RILEY PAGE mystery series, which includes seven books (and counting). Blake Pierce is also the author of the MACKENZIE WHITE mystery series, comprising four books (and counting); of the AVERY BLACK mystery series, comprising four books (and counting); and of the new KERI LOCKE mystery series.

An avid reader and lifelong fan of the mystery and thriller

Kate Wise Mystery (7 books)
  • If She Knew (Kate Wise Mystery #1)
  • If She Saw (Kate Wise Mystery #2)
  • If She Hid (Kate Wise Mystery #4)
  • If She Fled (Kate Wise Mystery #5)
  • If She Feared (Kate Wise Mystery #6)
  • If She Heard (Kate Wise Mystery #7)