Start by marking “A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)

A Heart So Fierce and Broken

(Cursebreakers #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  17,135 ratings  ·  3,783 reviews
Find the heir, win the crown.

The curse is finally broken, but Prince Rhen of Emberfall faces darker troubles still. Rumors circulate that he is not the true heir and that forbidden magic has been unleashed in Emberfall. Although Rhen has Harper by his side, his guardsman Grey is missing, leaving more questions than answers.

Win the crown, save the kingdom.

Rumored t
Published January 7th 2020 by Bloomsbury YA

To ask other readers questions about A Heart So Fierce and Broken, please sign up.
BrinkPinkLibrarian Oh I actually rather like Grey and Harper together. Personally, I thought they had more chemistry. But just seeing anybody with Grey would probably ma…moreOh I actually rather like Grey and Harper together. Personally, I thought they had more chemistry. But just seeing anybody with Grey would probably make me happy. Fingers crossed that Lia is just as awesome as Harper! :)(less)

·  17,135 ratings  ·  3,783 reviews

Start your review of A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 A Curse So Dark and Lonely ★★★★★
#2 A Heart So Fierce and Broken DNF

DNF @ 20%

No rating, obviously, because I didn't read nearly enough of this to really give a thoughtful opinion on it... but ow, my heart.

This was one of my most anticipated releases of 2020! Curse was one of my favorite reads of 2019, I loved Harper and Rhen and Grey so freaking much, I loved the plot, everything. My hopes were SO high — and then the mere first few chapters of this book snatched them up and threw them off
jessica
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
oh wow. im quite conflicted about this one. this is my most anticipated sequel and release of 2020 and i am happy with this, but im also really let down by it. hear me out.

by the second chapter, it was quite evident this was going in a direction that i didnt like or support. although this picks up quite recently after the events of ‘a curse so dark and lonely,’ i feel like all of the characters went through some massive unseen change. they just didnt feel like the same people, with the same care
alana ♡
"Fear makes people act in ways we'd never expect."

Kicking of 2020 with a 2 star review of one of my highly anticipated releases for the year was not how I imagined things going....but here we are. We're just going to dive right into this one because whew Lord, I have a lot to say. If you have not read the first book then definitely read this at your own risk as there are some pretty big spoilers for A Curse So Dark and Lonely in this review!

What I Liked

📈 Transition and pacing. One of t
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Pages: 464
Publication: January 7th 2020.

A cross between an epic fantasy and a legendary romance.

This book was everything I hoped it would be and more! I definitely recommend it to everyone who likes Fantasy, Fairytales, Adventure and Romance. It surprised and delighted me in that it was not any sort of retelling. Though I did think A Curse so Dark and Lonely was one of the best retellings of Beauty and the Beast, even better than the Disney versions, since it dealt with a genuine beast that kill
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
That was super good. I’m in love with Grey. I mean that goes without saying. AND, there were normal jerkhole stuff too! That ending! Once again, have to wait and see what’s going to happen.

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
harper, princess of disi, love of my life, protector of my heart, giver of my rights, you deserved more than one pov chapter and five appearances in almost 500 pages where your only purpose is to serve the character development of your male counterparts
Brigid
Jun 06, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi, Cursebreakers!! Giveaway opportunities for ARCs will be coming up soon! Sign up here for more info: https://www.formpl.us/form/282236002 ...more
Cardan Greenbriar
i'm sorry
i can't review this book fully. i don't even know what to write. all i want to say is that this was highly anticipated, but it let me down so so bad. I love LOVE LOVE A Curse So Dark and Lonely, but this one is literally boring, Grey was such a great character in the first book, but in this one he's sloppy and sulking like Rhen was in the first book and i wanted Grey to have action and a great persona. The heroine Lia Mara was a mirror of Grey (though she had so much potential), honest
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 24, 2020 is currently reading it
GOT MY COPY! DESERVED A LOOONNNNG NAP! (Caffeine stocks left the building!)
Whitney Atkinson
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Bloomsbury for the advanced review copy!

This is so different from book one that I'm so interested to see how everyone is going to react. The first 200 pages of this were very dry and political, and I couldn't quite make sense of what was happening. It felt like the escalating drama could be solved with better communication, so I was frustrated why the author was dragging out so much hardship. In the last half, however, pieces started falling in place and the plot picked up.

I really
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

Book Roast
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've had such tough time with fantasy (my favourite genre) for the last 7 or so month that getting back into this story was like a breath of fresh air! I just love Brigid's writing style so much, it's so simple yet punchy! You don't always need to go on for pages to get your point across in a meaningful and beautiful manner, you will not find paragraphs of descriptions of those 3 bushes by the river in this book!
I was nervous getting into this as I knew we will be following a different characte
Dark River
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Okay, listen - LISTEN!!
Here there be spoilers because I have a lot of feelings about this book and I CANNOT contain them okay? SORRY. And be warned that most of them are not positive - to my own surprise.

A Heart so Fierce and Broken has been one of my most anticipated releases for 2020 following A Curse so Dark and Lonely, which remains one of my absolute favorite reads for all of 2019. I devoured that book, laughed and cried and fell oh so hard for every single character. Most of all the wonder
Irina
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I didn't expect to like this book so much because in the first book of the series I didn't like Grey at all but now he is one of my favorite characters.
I can't wait for the release of the next book because that ending really surprised me.
Arini
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

#1 A Curse So Dark and Lonely — 3 Stars
#2 A Heart So Fierce and Broken — 3 Stars
#3 A Vow So Bold and Deadly (TBR)

THIS REVIEW IS GOING TO SUCK BCS I’M SPEECHLESS AND NOT ENTIRELY FOR A GOOD REASON.

I made a moodboard for this book and was planning to write an elaborate review, but I’m so damn conflicted about this installment that I can’t say for sure how I feel about all of it. I think my definition of a sequel compare to this author’s must’ve been vastly different bcs this book was not at al
C.G. Drews
And I'll just be over here REELING. This book wrung me through at least thirty seven emotions and I was a little disorientated at first, just from feeling so much (including a lot of surprise at the direction the story took) and I did have the gut-reaction of being frustrated. But once I slowed down and thought about the story...I appreciated what it was doing. I do encourage you to go right to the end if the beginning felt sour to you. The last 200pgs were phenomenal and my favourite.

spoilers a
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, fantasy
NOT THE SEQUEL I WAS EXPECTING - THANK GOD! 🙌🙌

Rating this one was actually hard for me, because there were things I really liked, but there were also things that bothered me. In the end I decided that the things I liked, outweighed the bothersome things, so I went with 4 stars.

"I keep hoping for peace. I keep longing for empathy. I keep expecting people to act as I would."
- Lia Mara

👍 WHAT I LIKED 👍

Lia Mara: I'll give you this - Brigid Kemmerer knows how to write amazing, strong wome
✨ A ✨
If you're wondering what my heart felt like immediately after I finished this — the title of this book should be able to provide some insight.

description

If you have not read A Curse so Dark and Lonely (book #1) then DO NOT read this review

“Since you made me realize that I am no longer a weapon to be wielded by another.”

The curse might be broken but Emberfall is still on the verge of collapse. Rumours about the true heir are circulating and the people are starting to question Rhen's authority.

B
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
“What we do know is what’s most important: this prince’s reign will come to an end, one way or another.”

description

This review is long, longer than what will probably be allowed on this website so click !!HERE!! for the link to my blog!

First and foremost I’d like to say, if you haven’t read A Curse so Dark and Lonely, please go read that before reading this. Or click !!HERE!! if you’re interested in watching my review on that!

I’m not holding back on spoilers for that book as there’s no way to explain what
Angelica
Apr 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Me:This book is a completely unnecessary sequel.
Also me: I need to know more about Grey!!!
Emer (A Little Haze)
Ugh no.

Talk about utterly crapping all over a perfectly enjoyable first book in a series.

A Heart So Fierce and Broken (AHSFAB) is a giant mess of a book. It’s dull, it lacks originality and it utterly erases the wonderful disability rep that was present in book one, A Curse So Dark and Lonely, which was my favourite aspect of that read.

For AHSFAB Kemmerer decided to change the points of view from Harper and Rhen’s perspectives to fan favourite Grey and new girl Lia Mara... BIG MISTAKE!

Grey, or
Christy

A3792343_718D_4A08_8555_8AD4133E6071_IMG_8064

Earlier this year I read A Curse So Dark and Lonely and I truly loved it. I was so excited to get to the next book, A Heart So Fierce and Broken. I’ve got to say, I have mixed feelings about this one. There were things about it I actually liked a little more than the first, but there were also things (Rhen…) I liked less.

Let’s start with the things I liked. The writing was great and I loved that so much of the book was from Grey’s pov. Grey is the best character in this series and
~Poppy~
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Candace Robinson
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was pretty excited about Grey getting a POV in this because he was my favorite in the last book! Now, I was sad at first that we wouldn't be getting much from Rhen or Harper, but I will say, I really liked the new addition of Lia Mara! She was strong in so many ways!

Oh man, so some crap goes down in this book that I wasn't too pleased about concerning Rhen. Some of his actions were, WOW! But I won't give any spoilers. Also, Harper made me irritated as well. I still don't understand why Jake wa
Ben Alderson
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
YET AGAIN I LOVED THE SEQUEL MORE. AND I ALREADY LOVED BOOK ONE.
Grey is my forever BAE! Always will be.
☼ ☄︎ Anneli✩ ☽
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A Heart So Fierce And Broken
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I was going to give this book 3 stars, maybe even 2, however the ending made me change my mind.
I did not enjoy this very much and had to put it down and do something else at times. It was not bad, but not the book for me I think, though I did like it enough to give it 4 stars in the end.
Zainab
Feb 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Man I can't wait a whole year, it's too far away :/
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
1.) A Curse So Dark and Lonely ★★★★.5
2.) A Heart So Fierce and Broken ★★★★.5

-----------------------------------------------

representation: m/m side relationship, disability rep (cerebral palsy), mention of PTSD, POC rep, casual mentions of characters being in lgbt+ relationships.

[trigger warnings are listed at the bottom of this review and may contain spoilers]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 4 . 5 s
Natalie Bakken
The. Fact. That. I. Have. To. Wait. A. Year. For. The. Next. Book. Makes. Me. So. Unbelievably. Sad.

Can we just have a moment of silence for how amazing Brigid Kemmerer is?*waits five seconds* Thank you.

Just like everyone else, I absolutely adored everything about ASCDAL, from the characters to the story, that book was just great. Also like everyone else, I was very excited for
Sophia Triad
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of my most anticipated releases of 2020.
RTC

• She's the Worst
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • What Kind of Girl
  • Scars Like Wings
  • Lifestyles of Gods and Monsters
  • Mooncakes
  • Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • War Girls (War Girls, #1)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Cursed
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Deeplight
  • Only Mostly Devastated
Brigid Kemmerer is the New York Times bestselling author of dark and alluring Young Adult novels like A Curse So Dark and Lonely, More Than We Can Tell, and Letters to the Lost (Bloomsbury), as well as paranormal YA stories like The Elemental Series and Thicker Than Water (Kensington). A full time writer, Brigid lives in the Baltimore area with her husband, her boys, her dog, and her cat. When she ...more

Cursebreakers (3 books)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • A Vow So Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Are you searching for a great young adult novel to dive into? In that case, you've come to the right place. Goodreads members are pros at...
“Ah yes, the most dangerous person at the party is always the girl sitting alone with a book.” 68 likes
“Choices are never easy. There are good and bad options, but the most dangerous is to not make any choice at all.” 34 likes