Start by marking “A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)

A Heart So Fierce and Broken

(Cursebreakers #2)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  5,915 ratings  ·  1,708 reviews
Find the heir, win the crown.

The curse is finally broken, but Prince Rhen of Emberfall faces darker troubles still. Rumors circulate that he is not the true heir and that forbidden magic has been unleashed in Emberfall. Although Rhen has Harper by his side, his guardsman Grey is missing, leaving more questions than answers.

Win the crown, save the kingdom.

Rumored to be
Published January 7th 2020 by Bloomsbury YA

To ask other readers questions about A Heart So Fierce and Broken, please sign up.
BrinkPinkLibrarian Oh I actually rather like Grey and Harper together. Personally, I thought they had more chemistry. But just seeing anybody with Grey would probably…moreOh I actually rather like Grey and Harper together. Personally, I thought they had more chemistry. But just seeing anybody with Grey would probably make me happy. Fingers crossed that Lia is just as awesome as Harper! :)(less)

·  5,915 ratings  ·  1,708 reviews

Start your review of A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 A Curse So Dark and Lonely
#2 A Heart So Fierce and Broken DNF

DNF @ 20%

No rating, obviously, because I didn't read nearly enough of this to really give a thoughtful opinion on it... but ow, my heart.

This was one of my most anticipated releases of 2020! Curse was one of my favorite reads of 2019, I loved Harper and Rhen and Grey so freaking much, I loved the plot, everything. My hopes were SO high — and then the mere first few chapters of this book snatched them up and threw them off a cliff
jessica
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
oh wow. im quite conflicted about this one. this is my most anticipated sequel and release of 2020 and i am happy with this, but im also really let down by it. hear me out.

by the second chapter, it was quite evident this was going in a direction that i didnt like or support. although this picks up quite recently after the events of ‘a curse so dark and lonely,’ i feel like all of the characters went through some massive unseen change. they just didnt feel like the same people, with the same
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Pages: 464
Publication: January 7th 2020.

A cross between an epic fantasy and a legendary romance.

This book was everything I hoped it would be and more! I definitely recommend it to everyone who likes Fantasy, Fairytales, Adventure and Romance. It surprised and delighted me in that it was not any sort of retelling. Though I did think A Curse so Dark and Lonely was one of the best retellings of Beauty and the Beast, even better than the Disney versions, since it dealt with a genuine beast that
alana ♡
"Fear makes people act in ways we'd never expect."

Kicking of 2020 with a 2 star review of one of my highly anticipated releases for the year was not how I imagined things going....but here we are. We're just going to dive right into this one because whew Lord, I have a lot to say. If you have not read the first book then definitely read this at your own risk as there are some pretty big spoilers for A Curse So Dark and Lonely in this review!

What I Liked

Transition and pacing.One of the things
Brigid
Jun 06, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi, Cursebreakers!! Giveaway opportunities for ARCs will be coming up soon! Sign up here for more info: https://www.formpl.us/form/282236002
Whitney Atkinson
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Bloomsbury for the advanced review copy!

This is so different from book one that I'm so interested to see how everyone is going to react. The first 200 pages of this were very dry and political, and I couldn't quite make sense of what was happening. It felt like the escalating drama could be solved with better communication, so I was frustrated why the author was dragging out so much hardship. In the last half, however, pieces started falling in place and the plot picked up.

I really
Cardan Greenbriar -- long Hiatus ( on honeymoon with Jude)
rtc with losta gordon ramsay

pre-reading
Bye Mom! Bye Dad! I'm off to Emberfall to live in the kitchen where FOOD MAGICALLY REAPPEARS
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 24, 2020 is currently reading it
GOT MY COPY! DESERVED A LOOONNNNG NAP! (Caffeine stocks left the building!)
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

description

Buddy read with my fellow Cursebreaker, Sailor! Our first buddy read, and hopefully, not our last! <3
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
harper, princess of disi, love of my life, protector of my heart, giver of my rights, you deserved more than one pov chapter and five appearances in almost 500 pages where your only purpose is to serve the character development of your male counterparts
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Omg! Omg! Omg!! I can’t wait!!! January!! . I loved the first book soooo much!! The wait!!!!

Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya
NOT THE SEQUEL I WAS EXPECTING - THANK GOD!

Rating this one was actually hard for me, because there were things I really liked, but there were also things that bothered me. In the end I decided that the things I liked, outweighed the bothersome things, so I went with 4 stars.

"I keep hoping for peace. I keep longing for empathy. I keep expecting people to act as I would."
- Lia Mara

WHAT I LIKED

Lia Mara: I'll give you this - Brigid Kemmerer knows how to write amazing, strong women! Lia Mara
✨ A ✨
If you're wondering what my heart felt like immediately after I finished this — the title of this book should be able to provide some insight.

description

If you have not read A Curse so Dark and Lonely (book #1) then DO NOT read this review

“Since you made me realize that I am no longer a weapon to be wielded by another.”

The curse might be broken but Emberfall is still on the verge of collapse. Rumours about the true heir are circulating and the people are starting to question Rhen's authority.

But as
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
“What we do know is what’s most important: this prince’s reign will come to an end, one way or another.”

description

This review is long, longer than what will probably be allowed on this website so click !!HERE!! for the link to my blog!

First and foremost I’d like to say, if you haven’t read A Curse so Dark and Lonely, please go read that before reading this. Or click !!HERE!! if you’re interested in watching my review on that!

I’m not holding back on spoilers for that book as there’s no way to explain what
arini ☆彡

#1 a curse so dark and lonely — 3 stars
#2 a heart so fierce and broken — 3 stars
#3 untitled (tbr)

THIS REVIEW IS GOING TO SUCK BCS IM SPEECHLESS AND NOT ENTIRELY FOR A GOOD REASON.

i made a moodboard for this book and was planning to write an elaborate review, but i'm so damn conflicted about this installment that i can't really say for sure how i feel about all of it. i think my definition of a sequel compare to this author's mustve been vastly different bcs this book was not at all what i
C.G. Drews
And I'll just be over here REELING. This book wrung me through at least thirty seven emotions and I was a little disorientated at first, just from feeling so much (including a lot of surprise at the direction the story took) and I did have the gut-reaction of being frustrated. But once I slowed down and thought about the story...I appreciated what it was doing. I do encourage you to go right to the end if the beginning felt sour to you. The last 200pgs were phenomenal and my favourite.

spoilers
Irina
Jan 04, 2020 marked it as to-read
just got this in the mail and i can't wait to read it
~Poppy~
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Candace Robinson
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was pretty excited about Grey getting a POV in this because he was my favorite in the last book! Now, I was sad at first that we wouldn't be getting much from Rhen or Harper, but I will say, I really liked the new addition of Lia Mara! She was strong in so many ways!

Oh man, so some crap goes down in this book that I wasn't too pleased about concerning Rhen. Some of his actions were, WOW! But I won't give any spoilers. Also, Harper made me irritated as well. I still don't understand why Jake
Dark River
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Okay, listen - LISTEN!!
Here there be spoilers because I have a lot of feelings about this book and I CANNOT contain them okay? SORRY. And be warned that most of them are not positive - to my own surprise.
A Heart so Fierce and Broken has been one of my most anticipated releases for 2020 following A Curse so Dark and Lonely, which remains one of my absolute favorite reads for all of 2019. I devoured that book, laughed and cried and fell oh so hard for every single character. Most of all the
Ben Alderson
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
YET AGAIN I LOVED THE SEQUEL MORE. AND I ALREADY LOVED BOOK ONE.
Grey is my forever BAE! Always will be.
✩Anneli✩
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A Heart So Fierce And Broken

I was going to give this book 3 stars, maybe even 2, however the ending made me change my mind.
I did not enjoy this very much and had to put it down and do something else at times. It was not bad, but not the book for me I think, though I did like it enough to give it 4 stars in the end.
Angelica
Apr 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Me:This book is a completely unnecessary sequel.
Also me: who do I have to bribe and/or threaten to get my hands on an early copy of this baby? I need to know more about Grey!
Emer (A Little Haze)
Ugh no.

Talk about utterly crapping all over a perfectly enjoyable first book in a series.

A Heart So Fierce and Broken (AHSFAB) is a giant mess of a book. It’s dull, it lacks originality and it utterly erases the wonderful disability rep that was present in book one, A Curse So Dark and Lonely, which was my favourite aspect of that read.

For AHSFAB Kemmerer decided to change the points of view from Harper and Rhen’s perspectives to fan favourite Grey and new girl Lia Mara... BIG MISTAKE!

Grey, or
Zainab
Feb 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Man I can't wait a whole year, it's too far away :/
April (Aprilius Maximus)
1.) A Curse So Dark and Lonely .5
2.) A Heart So Fierce and Broken .5

-----------------------------------------------

“Choices are never easy. There are good and bad options, but the most dangerous is to not make any choice at all.”

representation: m/m side relationship, disability rep (cerebral palsy), mention of PTSD, POC rep, casual mentions of characters being in lgbt+ relationships.

[trigger warnings are listed at the bottom of this review and may contain spoilers]

・゚: *・゚:* 4 . 5 s t a r s *:・
Sophia Triad
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of my most anticipated releases of 2020.
RTC
Patty (IheartYA)
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book wasn't at all what I expected, it was better...if that's even possible. Kemmerer is a genius. She can weave a tale like no other. I do not like alternating point of views but it works for this series. I missed Harper a lot; I thought we'd see more of her. That ending? C'mon! Now we must wait for book 3.
Laurie –A Court of Books–
“There is no path here. I feel as though the curse never ended. The players simply changed.”

I received an ARC of A Heart so Fierce and Broken at BookExpo, this in no way impacts my review. However, my review is based on an unfinished and uncorrected copy, please note that the story and quotes may differ from the final book. I’ll keep this review as spoiler-free as possible, but there will still be spoilers for A Curse so Dark and Lonely.

I cannot start this review without saying how happy I
Ninosy  (Wonder Woman)
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
20th of jan 2020

You know when you like someone and you start ignoring their little imperfections coz who cares I LOVE YOU...This is the case with this book...

I would like to point out how this book resembles the 2nd book of the bird and sword chronicles aka The Queen and the cure by Amy Harmon .. What the hell at the middle I thought I am reading the same book again... If you read that book you'll understand... Even the female character had red hair ...the protagonist has healing

• Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • She's the Worst
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • What Kind of Girl
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Now Entering Addamsville
  • The Okay Witch
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Scars Like Wings
  • Lifestyles of Gods and Monsters
  • Mooncakes
  • All Your Twisted Secrets
  • Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks
  • War Girls (War Girls, #1)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Cursed
Brigid Kemmerer is the New York Times bestselling author of dark and alluring Young Adult novels like A Curse So Dark and Lonely, More Than We Can Tell, and Letters to the Lost (Bloomsbury), as well as paranormal YA stories like The Elemental Series and Thicker Than Water (Kensington). A full time writer, Brigid lives in the Baltimore area with her husband, her boys, her dog, and her cat. When she ...more

Cursebreakers (3 books)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • A Vow So Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3)
“Ah yes, the most dangerous person at the party is always the girl sitting alone with a book.” 37 likes
“This one is for you, my dear reader. Look in the mirror. You’re a cursebreaker. You’re strong. You’re amazing. You are changing the world by just being in it. And I am so very proud of you.” 11 likes