Start by marking “I Can't Remember the Title but the Cover is Blue: Sketches from the other side of the bookshop counter” as Want to Read:

As any retail or service worker will tell you, customers can be irrational, demanding, abusive, and brain-scramblingly, mind-bendingly strange. They can also be kind, thoughtful, funny, and full of pathos. Something about the often-fraught interaction between customer and worker, with the dividing line of the counter between them, loosens inhibitions, and has a kind of hot ...more
Published November 28th 2018 by Allen & Unwin

To ask other readers questions about I Can't Remember the Title but the Cover is Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can't Remember the Title but the Cover is Blue

Taneqa Crake
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
😂 I've never related more to a book in my life. It was funny and so very true. It was a very quick read and I didn't want to put the book down.
Verushka
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once upon a time, a long time ago before reality and life happened I harboured a dream of owning a bookstore. There could be nothing more satisfying than being surrounded by shelves of books and being able to read them, I thought, neatly forgetting about all the hard work that comes with the job.

And the customers. And that's what I Can't Remember the Title But the Cover is Blue is all about.

It is a collection of short anecdotes of life behind the counter and the customers Elias and his fellow bo
Michael
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Our species is weird, also mean, beautiful, insightful, tin-eared, long-suffering, arrogant, smelly, distracted and above all weird. Or so thinks Elias Greig, who's worked for years in a suburban bookshop and seen all society's oddballs wandering the shelves. This book is a compendium of his tear-inducing interactions with people. It is a delightfully written paean to human idiosyncrasy.

Greig has a fine ear for dialogue, and a terse and witty narrative style. In a line or two he can create a viv

Kirra
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The moment I saw the title of this book I knew I had to read it. I cannot count the amount of times I've had someone come to me looking for a certain book and only offering the colour of that book or a random fact in the storyline like I'll have a lightbulb moment where I suddenly say, "Oh yes, I know that one" but amazingly sometimes it works.

Working in a library myself I have experienced so many similar situations booksellers often find themselves in just like the scenarios in this book. I've
Talking Books
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Can’t Remember The Title But The Cover Is Blue by author Elias Greig is a laugh-out-loud read full of amusing, cringeworthy quips that bring out the the smiles. The novel portrays moments in a bookseller’s life that would leave many running for the hills, but which still entertain many at his plight. An overall nice, surprising read not to be missed.
Review copy received from Allen&Unwin
Kristy Sayer-Jones
A fun read that will make you cringe, laugh out loud and roll your eyes all within a few pages.
Rebecca Bowyer