Start by marking “Inkspice (The Mapweaver Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
Inkspice (The Mapweaver Chronicles #2)

Inkspice

(The Mapweaver Chronicles #2)

Something is amiss in the city of Calibas ...
That is the warning Fox and his Shavid companions are given when they find themselves in this strange place with its mad ruler. While Fox has spent months on the road now, learning everything he can about his gifts and powers as a Cartomancer, there is something in the air of Calibas that will test him further than ever before.
Published December 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Inkspice, please sign up.
Kaitlin There absolutely will be!! My cover designer got a bit swamped over the holidays, when this was initially released. So as soon as she's able to finish…moreThere absolutely will be!! My cover designer got a bit swamped over the holidays, when this was initially released. So as soon as she's able to finish up the print wraps, we'll be good to go!(less)

Start your review of Inkspice (The Mapweaver Chronicles #2)
Alayna Ramey
I stayed up WAY too late reading it, and I'm not even sorry!
Bill
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great addition
Tim
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

A wonderful follow-up to book 1. Fox grew into a little more of his power. However, the character development of Lai is what I was excited to see. The story arc for book 3 should be intriguing.
M J Woodgate
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldnt put it down

I love this series, it is such a good read from start to finish. I really cant wait for the next instalment
Rachel Raisor
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When is the next book????? So good, didn't want it to end!
Brian Ronan
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

Great book 🤯 very memorable characters and very well written. I am looking forward to the next book. Super awesome coolness supreme.
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I hope everyone who's read the first book is ready. This one is even better! The characters grow, the story moves more swiftly, the twists and turns are fascinating...and I basically want to live in Calibas!

Trust me, you will want to get this book come Christmas!
Barbara
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Next?

There's nothing quite like a well-told story and this one fits perfectly unto that mold. I hope the next book comes soon.
Chelsea
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first!

I don’t know how Kaitlin does it, but she weaves fascinating stories that you never want to put down, and when the book ends, you crave more. I’ve been on quite a hiatus from reading, but when I finally did get back to reading and picked up this book, I couldn’t put it down. Every character is complex and evokes emotions in you, good or bad. I absolutely cannot wait for the third book. And I highly recommend this to anyone that loves a good story. This is fantasy at it
David Solove
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delight to return to this magical, rich world and its engaging characters. I couldn't put this book down, and I eagerly await the next book in the series!
Richard Holden
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Wonderfully adventurous

It was amazing to see the growth in Fox. This was a rollercoaster of emotions. I can't wait to see where the wind takes them next.
Calvin Park
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya
Inkspice is the second book in Kaitlin Bellamy’s The Mapweaver Chronicles and the sequel to Windswept. If you enjoyed Windswept you’re likely to enjoy this one. It includes the same likeable characters, but ups the tension in the plot significantly. It keeps that coming-of-age feel while noticeably increasing the stakes.

One of the things I adored about Inkspice was the magic. In the first book in the series we were given a pretty barebones introduction to the magic. It was intriguing, but nothi
Reg
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When the 1st book was all about Fox discovering what his Blessing is, this second book is all about discovering what he can do with his Blessing and, most importantly, growing up.

I just can't with this series on how amazing the pacing and progress is. Everything felt just right on how things unfolded for me and nothing was rushed or is just is to make the story move along which made things feel so real for me. Fox and Laila are teens and they're growing up and they're not being the usual angsty
Walling
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nicole Friend
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A treasure

Magic, political intrigue, spies, villains, romance and pirates? The second book in this gorgeously written series goes above and beyond its unique storyline and captivates once again. I feel an investment in the multi-layered characters and, just like a Shavid, feel I can conjure an image of them in my mind because they are so artfully painted with words across the pages. The story is woven through two character’s own experiences simultaneously in different locations. Fox, while on hi
Julie M Gunter
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spectacular

I'm never fond of sequels because many times it doesn't do the original book justice. I am happy to say this isn't that type of sequel. I was more enthralled than ever in the story. Truly a book I could not put down and given the chance would have finished it in one sitting. I honestly did not want this book to end. The characters grow so much throughout the book and make life changing decisions( not all of which I agree with but that's still okay) that it's hard not to fall more deep
Sefunmi Oladumiye
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Inkspice is a wonderful sequel to Windswept. We continue to follow Fox as he journeys with the Shavid and we follow Lai, Fox’s best friend, as she remains in town and learns more of her god heritage. Once again Katlin Bellamy wrote a fantastic story that kept me turning pages. However, something happened in this book and I can see why the author did this, but it hurt a lot. I pray everything gets resolved and I will have to keep reading to ensure that it does. Please Katlin Bellamy, please don’t ...more
S. M. Mitchell
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The characters are just as adorably wonderful as in the first novel, but they come further along their character arc. Most notably Fox & Lai as they grow older, away from each other. I thoroughly enjoyed having paragraphs in Neil & Lai’s perspectives as it gave me a different insight into their characters & allowed me to keep up with Lai’s part of the story even though she’s a world away from Fox.

Continue reading... https://smmitchell.com/2020/02/21/ink...
Hailee Dokos
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She did it again! Kept me riveted from the first page to the last! I simply love this series—I love Kaitlin Bellamy’s style of writing and the incredible world she has created in this series. When is the next book coming out? And the next and the next??
Jillian
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick, fun read. Would be better if the strength of the prose matched the copious creativity.
AE
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m really hoping more people would pick up this series. It’s so easy to get lost in the story and it’s an enjoyable ride. There is no moment where it feels draggy - next thing you know the book has ended and you’re looking forward to the next one!

I like that we see more of the characters’ stories in this book, Neil and Lai, in particular. Fox also grows more into his power and we see him really taking ownership of what he has and using his power with gravity and consideration.

However, I do thin
Aug 15, 2019
Fernanda
Feb 18, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Jewel of the Endless Erg (Mage Errant #2)
  • A Traitor in Skyhold (Mage Errant #3)
  • Into the Labyrinth (Mage Errant #1)
  • Uncrowned (Cradle, #7)
  • Underlord (Cradle, #6)
  • Sin Eater (Iconoclasts, #2)
  • Ghostwater (Cradle, #5)
  • Hand Made Mage
  • Of Shadow and Sea (The Elder Empire: Shadow, #1)
  • Chaos Rising (Elemental Gatherers, #2)
  • Of Sea and Shadow (The Elder Empire: Sea, #1)
  • Soulsmith (Cradle, #2)
  • Skysworn (Cradle, #4)
  • The First Step (A Thousand Li, #1)
  • On the Shoulders of Titans (Arcane Ascension, #2)
  • Blackflame (Cradle, #3)
  • Reborn: Apocalypse Volume 1 (Reborn: Apocalypse, #1)
  • The Mechanical Crafter (The Mechanical Crafter, #1)
Kaitlin is, in all aspects of her life, a storyteller. Whether she is performing on stage in her day job as an actor, narrating audiobooks from her home studio, or playing Dungeons and Dragons with her closest friends, she loves nothing more than a grand fantasy adventure. She currently lives in Orlando, Florida.

To keep up with all her adventures, feel free to join Kaitlin on any one of her social

The Mapweaver Chronicles (3 books)
  • Windswept (The Mapweaver Chronicles, #1)
  • Wayfinder (The Mapweaver Chronicles, #3)

News & Interviews