Start by marking “The Girl on the Beach” as Want to Read:
The Girl on the Beach

The Girl on the Beach

‘We’d both done things that needed forgiving… Both had secrets we needed to forget.’

Ever since Amber Caulfield lost her daughter, she’s felt empty. But the day she finds a teenage girl wandering barefoot and confused along the frozen beach of Winterton Chine, everything changes. As Amber feels her maternal instinct reawaken to help the girl, something that feels a tiny bi
Published January 25th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Girl on the Beach, please sign up.
Stina Yes, they are. The book was released in the UK and Australia as The Family Secret and in the US as The Girl on the Beach.

Amanda
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This book should definitely come with a warning, that you will be totally addicted after the first page. So clear you’re diary as you will not want to put this amazing book down!!

When Amber finds a girl walking along the beach injured and not knowing who she is, She befriends her and starts to investigate who the girl is. The only clue is a notebook that she has with drawings of a lodge and a waterfall.

We also go back 20 years and are introduce to Gwyneth a wild life documentary maker who is es
Sherri Thacker
Wow! This was good. I really liked how they connected the two stories together. I didn’t want to put it down and it grabbed me from the first page.
Els
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Wow, Wow! What is not to love about this brillant story?

From the very first page you are taken prison by the book. It's intriguing, interesting, emotional and throughout the whole story there is that something that pushes you forward because you want to know the secrets. And then, at last, everything is revealed. Oh, well, not everything, because the author has another surprise in store.

The writing style is very attractive. I love the conversations between Amber and her mother and aunt. It
Monica Mac
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and reading it from the dual POV's of Amber and Gwyneth worked really well.

A girl comes into Amber's life; she is without a coat or shoes on a very cold day and she has no idea who she is. As Amber tries to unravel the story of the girl, she finds herself playing detective with very few clues to go on.

This was a difficult book to categorise, I found. It was all about family, secrets and love and it almost had a sense of menace about it. I wasn't sure how all the threa
Jessica Ryn
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
After experiencing every mother’s worst nightmare, Amber is doing her best to live through her loss with the help of her family and her business when a young girl stumbles into her life with no shoes, coat or memory. As the two women connect and work together to unpick their history, unexpected revelations come to light that bring both hurt and hope…

I was excited to read this after devouring ‘Her Last Breath’ some time ago. I was not disappointed as this book delivered everything I expected in s
Bridget
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Readers of Contemporary Fiction, Suspense, Anyone
In Tracy Buchanan’s new page-turner “The Girl On The Beach”, Amber Caulfield finds a teenage girl wandering barefoot and confused along the frozen beach of Winterton Chine.

Best-selling author Tracy Buchanan has been very well known for her novels in the Contemporary, Fiction and Suspense genres for years. Tracy’s newest novel may well rank as one of her best books to date.

Readers are introduced to Amber, who has felt empty, ever since she lost her daughter. But when she finds the girl on the bea
Lady Delacour
Not Clean.
Foul Language.
Stina
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
** Firstly I have to say, I pity any book I started after the last one I read. It was never going to live up to that one, so my apologies. **

First of all, let me begin by saying that THE GIRL ON THE BEACH and THE FAMILY SECRET are one and the same, published in UK and Australia as the latter and in the US as the former. As many have asked this question, as I did at first also, I felt it needed to be cleared up.

So, THE GIRL ON THE BEACH is the first book by Tracy Buchanan I have read and I had hi
Judy Christiana
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Tracy Buchanan. I was interested in the plot when I read the summary of the book. The author is very talented and I enjoyed her writing style very much. This book was done in dual timelines. One timeline began in 1989 and the other in 2009. I do not want to reveal too much about the story, it is better to experience it as the author has written it.

At first, I honestly was confused by the timelines, but I brushed that aside and tried to just focus on what I w
Diane
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Girl on the Beach by author Tracy Buchanan is a heart-touching story about family loss and the discovery of long hidden secrets. Amber Caulfield knows all about disappointments in life. When she was four, she suffered frostbite on the fingers of one hand and they had to be amputated. Amber deals with her pain and emotional anxiety about her hand. Later Amber has to face the unexpected death of her only child, Katy, and this causes the break-up of her marriage with Jasper.
It is Christmas mark
Maggie
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Since the death of her young daughter, Amber has drifted through life. When a young girl appears on a windswept beach in the depths of winter with no idea who she is Amber is surprised to find that she really cares what happens to her. The only clue seems to be a wildlife notebook full of drawings the girl does not recognise.

The story is told through two timelines. We see Amber's story in the present & also the story of Gwyneth- a wildlife photographer twenty years ago. As progress seems ver
babsi
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! Just finished this wonderful book. I am usually not into these kind of stories- the better to be surprised in a positive way!
I hardly could stop reading as I was immediately driven into the story. I particularly enjoyed the strong female characters and their development throughout the story.
The ending worked perfect for me.
If you like well paced stories that keep you guessing until the end this is a clear "yeah"

Smitha
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Amber finds a girl lost on the beach,with no idea of who she is, on a cold December day ko, she finds herself fighting her own suppressed emotions.

Before she knows it, she is out there looking out for this girl, all her maternal instincts aroused. A heart wrenching tale of lost chances, uncovering the past, and family ties. A beautiful read.
Melissa McBride
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great book. I have read several of Tracy's books and I love them all. A must read.. I always feel like I can figure out the story but then she throws twists that get me every time. Her stories are full of family drama, lost loves and finding your way through the tough times. I can't wait to read more.
Christine Rennie
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
With thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the book in exchange for an honest review.
This was an engrossing story about a family and it’s secrets. There are two different timelines which finally merge together at the end and it all falls into place.
The girl on the beach is an enjoyable read with plenty of twists and turns to give the reader entertained.
Highly recommended.
Lisa Toyne
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kept me piecing the missing parts together till the very end!
Kimberley
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting Story

Grabbed my attention and held it while the suspense kept building. Plenty of mystery and twists. This book has it all.
Cheryl Bellingham
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author knows her craft this book is beautifully written. Amber finds a girl in the beach who has no memory of who she is or where she comes from. This girl brings emotion back into ambers life and engage with life again. Running alongside this you hear gwyneth story of her journey towards trusting people again. It’s a book about misunderstanding and lost opportunities and the possibilities of new beginnings. It’s a book that just keeps giving to the reader.
Csorensen22
Feb 13, 2019
Kate
Jun 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Hello! Fab to see you here. I live in Buckinghamshire, UK with my husband, my little girl and our (very naughty) puppy, Bronte.

I travelled extensively while working as a travel magazine editor, and have always been drawn to the sea after spending my childhood holidays on the south coast visiting family – a fascination that inspires my writing.

I now dedicate my time to writing and procrastinating