Start by marking “Secrets and Lies (Vandervilles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Secrets and Lies (Vandervilles, #2)

Secrets and Lies

(Vandervilles #2)

Simmering secrets and lies burst into a tempestuous roil in Secrets and Lies.
Discover who gets burned and who, if anyone, makes it through unscathed.

Stability Rocked

As Wade’s whirlwind romance with Chloe starts to stabilize, his ex-girlfriend turns up desperate to destroy what firm ground the two have forged. Wade’s love for Chloe has grown so deep that he’ll do anythi

To ask other readers questions about Secrets and Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets and Lies

Ellen
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the continuation of the first story in the series. You have to have read the first story before reading this one. As with the first story, there are a lot of really good characters that you want to know more about but there is also a lot going on in this story with multiple plot lines and points of view.
Kaye
ONE INTENSE READ!!!
OMG! This is one action packed, fast paced, hard hitting, nailbiting, heart pounding, nerve racking, pulse racing, adrenaline pumping, spine tingling, page turning bombshell that's as riveting as it is captivating. With drama, lies, deceit, danger and suspense riding their every step as the tension spirals while the plot thickens. Such a strong storyline that really draws you in and holds your attention until the last word. All the twists and turns, ups and downs, ins and outs
Judy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd part of the series and what a great continuation of the Vanderville Family and those out to cause harm and destruction to them. Wade has never totally forgiven himself for losing his baby and the mother, Merissa is out to cause him as much harm as she can. Wade is unable to get the truth out to Chloe and she is patient with him until Merissa gives her her version. During this time Taylor is in a coma from her accident which turns out to be caused from their stalker. Wes, Chloe’s ...more
Raecharmed
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This next book picks up where the last one left off.

Taylor was in a car accident however it wasn't an accident. Merissa wouldn't leave Wade alone she kept popping up threatening him. Wade tries several times to tell Chloe about his past but she stops him because she doesn't think she needs to hear it. Yet when she runs into Merissa things come out that have her questioning whether she should ask Wade about his past with Merissa. Chloe learns the truth about Wade's past from Merissa instead of hi
Kristen Lewendon
Let me say this right up front: this has one giant cliff-hanger ending. And it's a much bigger cliff than the one at the end of book one. The plot twists and turns are a rabbit warren of a maze designed by a demented genius. Every time it looked like the ground beneath their feet was starting to stabilize, our wonderfully cruel and vindictive author would pull the rug out from under them - and all of us reading - again. I'm fascinated watching all the relationships develop and what it's taken to ...more
M Hurford
Mesmerizingly Good!
Vandervilles: Book 2 Secrets and Lies, written by author Khardine Gray keeps getting better and better as the family secrets unfold from their past and retribution is being sought by an unknown tech savvy person. Could it be someone we were given information about his personal life for the first time in Book Two? Hmmmm. I've put him on my list.
The confrontation between Wade and Marissa was gut wrenching for both and led to such a dramatic and visually intriguing climatic clif
Reva Parks
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The middle book of the three book series has family secrets blooming and betrayal all round. Wade's ex is exposing his secrets to Chloe in multiple appearances which leads to a scary cliffhanger! But Taylor's father and cheating ex have set her up for the person seeking revenge on the Vandervilles. However after a couple weeks recovery, film proclaiming her a home-wrecker is released, leading to more intense suffering. And Regina, the mom to the two, gets a brown envelope with a drawing of her t ...more
Julianne Macneil
i read this book as part of an arc program. This is the second book in the Vandervilles Trilogy. In this book, we learn Wade's secret and the real reason he left the country five year ago and he fears it could cost him Chloe. Taylor suffers betrayals from her boyfriend and father, leading to her being in danger. The family all learn about the threats and try to figure out who is behind them and why. Regina uncovers more of Ben's lies and secrets. This is a great fast paced read. I loved it, it h ...more
Cathy
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And I thought the last cliffhanger was bad...this one is just as bad if not worse. Now I need book 3. This book like the 1st just keeps you on the edge of your seat. Who knew I could love a book with so many characters getting a voice in the book. This book is seriously amazing, and yet I know nothing and NEED the answers. Wade deserved what happened to him with Chloe. And there are secrets everywhere, some come out, some don't and some explode.

Taylor has had it the hardest, so I hope she gets
Lori R
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secret and Lies, the Vandervilles book 2 is a fascinating story that will have you on the edge of your chair as you read. It is full of intrigue, mysteries, danger, accidents, spying, and murder. I was so disappointed when the book ended because I have to wait until the third book comes out to find out how this story resolves itself.
I really like the Vanderville family. I like their character strengths ad flaws and how that relates to the mystery in the book. Khardine Gray does not disappoint he
BP34
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gosh, my head is spinning and I feel like I just got off a roller coaster. An endless array of surprises, twists and turns. This is a well written book that will keep you guessing and you're still left with a cliffhanger, just like book one. But never fail, the story is so encanting you'll be waiting with baited breath for #3. Connecting the dots will make you dizzy and there are more rabbit holes than the best conspiracy theory. Love, betrayal, jealousy, murder - how much more can this family t ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Wades irresponsibility caused a bad accident that his ex girl friend could not get beyond. As he tries to piece his life back together and forge ahead in a new relationship Merissa is determined to make his life a living hell. Can Wade and Chloe get that chance for a happily ever after or will Merissa put an end to it? There is enough drama and betrayal to go around for all of the characters! This will keep you glued to the pages until the last one is turned. I voluntarily agreed to receive an A ...more
Tianna McPherson (Anna Lee)
Wow we finally get to see what it's like to find, love, lose and get back what we miss most but in the end it's still all taken away. Wade, Chloe, Regina, Brian, Taylor,  Ben  and all the others have to fight to keepwhat's there's and not have it ripped from them. These cliffhangers are becoming to much but we can't wait to see what happens next.  I give it 5 stars. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book as an Advanced Reader's Copy.
Laura R
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so hooked on the Vandervilles series. Once I started reading it was hard to put the book down - what with all the suspense, twists and turns, and romance. We get to learn more of Wade's background and start to get an inkling of who is behind mysterious notes to the Vandervilles. And then there's the cliffhanger ending. I don't know how I can possibly wait for the next installment to get more answers.
K. Smock
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book on the Vanderville series and as the title says its about Secrets & Lies. Boy is it. There is lots of intrigue and secrets being kept. Tragedy and heartache take top billing and it ends in one heck of a cliffhanger. This is a good story. Told from multiple points that gives you more breath as to what is going on in the story. Enjoy.

I voluntarily wrote this review from reading an advanced copy of this book.
Shelly Celli
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
What a wild and crazy ride! Now we know to make him run away in the beginning, and part of the craziness that’s starting. Taylor is heartbroken and has so much going on right now! Chloe is strong, but reaches a breaking point. Regina, Brian and Ben are floundering around trying to get where they need/want to be but there’s always someone/thing In the way. I cannot wait to see what’s next!

I’m voluntarily reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book.
Deb
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the twists and turns in this book which added so much to the storyline. The relationships are filled with drama and betrayal and in some cases, love. I was amazed by this family and the secrets they carry. The author has given the reader a fantastic story to sink their teeth into and as leaves the reader questioning what in the world Taylor was thinking? What was Wade thinking? Who is the observer? A wonderful mystery.
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Just when Wade and Chole's relationship seems to be taking off, Taylor's world comes crashing down as Regina's continues to spin out of control. Secrets the Vanderville's thought they could keep buried have come back to destroy all their lives. Can they recover from the bombshells, can Chloe ever trust Wade, and what happens when Wade's vindictive ex lures him to her apartment? Let just say I was yelling WTF at my book, and I can't wait for the last book!!! It's just so good!!!
Cassie
***Definitely read books in order***

Just like the first book this one sucked me in and had my attention the entire time! I loved the drama and romance between all the characters and how there were a lot of twists and turns. I loved how each of the main characters had drama and it wasn't just a perfect romance. Great read and cannot wait to read the next book in the series!
Amy
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was very intense and packed full of action. It was a little hard to understand at times because it jumped from plot to plot. So much information coming all at once that it almost was info overload. I feel as if I missed a prior book that had all the background information.

I read and reviewed a copy of this book.
Patricia Myers
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in this series. It answers some questions and leaves you asking more. It is getting close to revealing who is after this family. The ending will leave you realing! I can't wait for the next story to come out. Very interesting series. Ms. Gray writes truly remarkable stories!
I received a ARC of this story.
Kathy
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 in the series and what a series it has been. You have mystery, dishonesty, loyalty, friendship, family and love. The Vandervilles are being targeted but don't know by who. Can they survive what this person(s) are putting them through? This book ends in a cliffhanger that is even better than the last book so be prepared.
Modern
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You definitely have to read book one of this series to truly delve into this story.. but you will be consumed by the drama.. the secrets.. the lies both intentional and not. This is a great series and I am one not to like CH’s.. can’t wait for the next. I received this book for a voluntary, completely honest and non incentivized review.
Patricia Koch
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets and Lies ( Vandervilles Book 2)

Priceless, Drama, Passionate, mysterious these are all the important things that happened with in this storyline. Exciting and excellence romance between all of them in this story. So amazing how many who involve in this story. Can't wait to read about this family in the next book. Enjoy!!!!
Rita
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great second book in this series. Mainly concentrating on Wade and Chloe but also including other characters from the first story with so many twists and turns in the storyline. Can't recommend this series highly enough. Looking forward to book three. Read an ARC for an honest review.
Pat
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the "Vandervilles" series and with the great character and storyline development I remained totally engaged until the very end!
Nate
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continuation from book one. Wow. Super intense & will keep you wanting more. Bring on book 3. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book.
Ren
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily review an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Colleen
I am so into this story. Great character development and very well written.

Cheers
Gladys Mills
Vanderville's 2. This series continues with Taylor fighting for her life, more notes being left, and Wade is being stalked by his ex only to be murdered. He still doesn't know how to tell everyone about his past. Regina goes to the police about the threats but finds out that the person stalking the family knows their every move. This book is packed with drama and surprises on each page. This is a great read! Can't wait for the next book! *** I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opi ...more
Khardine Gray is a USA Today Bestselling author who loves writing sizzling hot contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance.

Her books have sexy, drool-worthy heroes who will make you melt, and sassy, fun loving, ambitious heroines.
She simply adores her readers and loves spoiling them.

Vandervilles (3 books)
  • When Beauty Met The Beast (Vandervilles, #1)
  • Into The Rabbit Hole (Vandervilles, #3)