Start by marking “Kőgazdag barátnő” as Want to Read:
Kőgazdag barátnő

Kőgazdag barátnő

(Crazy Rich Asians #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  77,680 ratings  ·  6,328 reviews
Alamak! A Kőgazdag ázsiaiak története folytatódik a Kőgazdag barátnő történetében. Néhány év eltelt ugyan, de az események mozgatórugói ugyanazok: pénz, hírnév, pletyka. És persze a hagyományok. Úgy tűnik, a szerelmesek, Nick és Rachel végre révbe érnek és legyőzik a családi ármánykodást, de Eleanor még korántsem fogyott ki az ötletekből, hogyan távolíthatná el az amerikai ...more
Published October 31st 2018 (first published June 16th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Kőgazdag barátnő, please sign up.
Kristine Judging from the blurb for the second book, I think Astrid and Michael are trying to work it out. I like Astrid and I don't want Michael to leave her…moreJudging from the blurb for the second book, I think Astrid and Michael are trying to work it out. I like Astrid and I don't want Michael to leave her if he is who she wants. But honestly I'm Team Charlie. Net worth aside, Charlie is the better man in my opinion.(less)

Roxane
Sep 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun, soapy trifle of a novel. I wish these books had just a bit more ambition. Mostly it's extravagant descriptions of extravagant wealth with a glimmer of plot loosely holding everything together. The absurdity of Crazy Rich Asians is dialed way up for this second book in the series. It's just beyond. But again, lots and lots of fun.
Marianne
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reading this, I can't help feel anything but disappointed. In Crazy Rich Asians, there was equal parts drama, gossip and brand name-droppings, but China Rich Girlfriend is just absolutely tabloid material.

Some SPOILERS of course...

For starters, Kevin Kwan turns his two main characters, Rachel and Nick, into two-dimensional beings who just exist in the book to give us a better-than-gossip-column eyes into the lives of China's Fu Er Dai (children of billionaires), and Guan Er Dai (children of p
BingeReader
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please tell me there is a third book! I need closure!!!
Julie
China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan is a 2015 Doubleday publication.

Another outstanding installment in this wildly entertaining series!

As the story opens, a couple of years have passed since our initial introduction to these “Crazy Rich Asians”.

Nick and Rachel are on the cusp of getting married, but Eleanor is still meddling and Rachel is still hoping to locate her long, lost father.

Astrid’s husband's company has seen unprecedented success, putting him on equal footing with his wife, but the
Trina (Between Chapters)
(So I know this review will seem like I'm ripping the book apart, and yes I think these books lack a lot, but I recognize that they have value! I would still recommend them, and despite what this review seems like, I do actually enjoy them and will be reading the 3rd book. It's just easier for me to put a finger on the things I disliked, while the things I liked were more ambiguous.)

Sometimes when reading I found myself being fed up with all the rich people problems, but then a few minutes later

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

So I actually really enjoyed CRAZY RICH ASIANS, but seeing as how this is my month of disappointing sequels, my expectations weren't too high for CHINA RICH GIRLFRIEND. Consistency may be key, and yet so many authors fail when it comes to penning that follow-up to a successful first book. Not so here! While I was a little apprehensive at the beginning of CHINA RICH, I ultimately ended up devouring the book with the same amount of enthusiasm
Sara
I’m really enjoying this series. It’s fun, doesn’t take itself too seriously, and is over the top entertaining.

In China Rich Girlfriend, we follow Nick and Rachel two years after the events of Crazy Rich Asians. Nick is estranged from his family, and on the brink of marrying Rachel while still helping her in the search for her long lost father. A chance encounter between Nick’s mother and a Chinese playboy soon thrusts Rachel back into the lives of the Chinese ultra rich, and the opportunity to
Kelly
The review below is a general review of both of the first two books. Shouldn't really be any spoilers, but just so you know. Review originally appeared on my blog, Shoulda Coulda Woulda Books.

Time on to-read: A year or more for the first book, second wasn't on it until I read the first.

Reason for not picking up: Straight up perversity. The hype annoyed me. It seemed like a standard-issue chick-lit that happened to be set in Asia. And while I like many novels typically dismissed as "chick lit", u
Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)

4.5 stars rounded up

Just as fun as the first book! The perfect vacation read. It reads super quick, because you just eat it up.

What we get in China Rich Girlfriend:

1. More Rachel & Nick: #relationshipgoals they are the new Anna Faris & Chris Pratt since they are no longer together (who else is still sad about that?!)
2. Who is Rachel’s dad? And, the rest of her new family?
3. Kitty Pong: the hilarity continues and it’s glorious
4. Astrid and Michael. Astrid and Charlie. Whose team is Astri
★★★★
I think I liked this one better than the first and you've gotta admit that's rare for sequels. Laugh-out-loud funny, educational in an urban dictionary kind of way, tons of drama, romance, and even a little bit of suspense/mystery this time around. It was amazing!

My favorite quote:
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

Spoilers ahead!

Trigger warning: Poisoning, mention of car accident, mention of death and critical injuries, PTSD, cheating, child abuse, drugs, abusive marriages, and invading privacy via technology.

Thoroughly enjoyed this sequel! Rachel and Nick in China was a blast to read about. The food, the culture and the clothes were vividly described!

I enjoyed the backstory regarding Rachel’s father. Her brother Carlton was so sweet. I understood Shaoyen’s conflict with accepting Rachel. H
Dianne
I received this from the Goodreads First Reads program. Thanks to Goodreads and Knopf Doubleday for an advance reader copy of this book.

Don't judge me, but I got a kick out of "Crazy Rich Asians" by Kevin Kwan and this is more of the same. Campy, over the top, name dropping silliness, I know, but good fun. This would be a great beach read or escapist fare between weightier tomes.

If you didn't read "Crazy Rich Asians," you don't necessarily need to read that first to enjoy this, although it does
Glenn Sumi
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite my initial cautious skepticism, I was won over by Crazy Rich Asians – especially author Kevin Kwan’s footnotes about specific aspects of Singaporean life – and I fell hard for last summer’s delightful movie adaptation.

So when I saw a shiny new paperback copy of the book’s sequel at my local library, I pounced on it. Okay, okay. It’s not great literature, but it’s fun, breezy, escapist entertainment, with lots of interesting tidbits about Asian high society I had no access to before.

As w
Lisa See
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun and adventurous sequel.
Joce (squibblesreads)
4 stars, didn’t like it quite as much as the first one but still super solid.
Dave
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Less enjoyable than the first, with not much of a plot, characters that serve as clothes hangers and pretty much the whole book being a tour of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous in Modern China. There's a (desperate) attempt to inject some mystery at the end but it's hardly enough to save a plodding read. Only saving grace was a note written by an image consultant to a Chinese-born woman trying to hobnob with Hong Kong's elite.
Carmen de la Rosa
Esto ha sido mejor de lo esperado!!!
A medida que la historia comienza, han pasado un par de años desde nuestra introducción inicial a estos "Locos, Ricos y Asiáticos".

En China Rich Girlfriend, seguimos a Nick y Rachel dos años después de los eventos de Crazy Rich Asia . Nick está separado de su familia, y está a punto de casarse con Rachel mientras la sigue ayudando en la búsqueda de su padre perdido de hace mucho tiempo. Un encuentro casual entre la madre de Nick y un playboy chino pronto devu
Megan Johnson
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-fiction
Very rarely do I read a sequel that I enjoy more than I enjoyed the first installment, but for me this was one of those. It takes the characters of Crazy Rich Asians and puts them in situations that were even more enjoyable than before. It's got everything a good book needs - love, hate, poison, and MEGA RICH DRAMA.

What did I think? While I found some of Crazy Rich Asians to be slow and less interesting than others, China Rich Girlfriend was full of cliffhangers and moments that had me truly fe
Jessica
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me: How could this story get any crazier and over-the-top than the first one?
Kevin Kwan: Hold my imported Tiger beer.

alexandra ling
SO MUCH FUN
Mizuki
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: it-is-okay
China Rich Girlfriend takes the main characters from Crazy Rich Asians to China. The story is 'fun and game' and escapism with a lot description on good foods and expansive clothes. You don't have to expect much insight or criticism on China, its social issues (the food pollution, air pollution, the widening income gap, the lack of reliable public hospitals, the struggling workers and farmers, just to name a few) and its systematical inequality.

The main characters, they aren't so bad actually b
♥ Kayleigh Kehoe ⚜ (Awkword Reviews)✍
"Behind every fortune lies a great crime."

Actually rating it half a star more than the first one! That never happens with me and sequels, how exciting! Maybe the last in the series will be a 5?!

In this instalment of the Crazy Rich Asians series, main players that were batting for the original novel take a back seat and graciously allow other characters the spotlight; new characters were introduced and old ones developed enticingly.

Kitty Pong, for example, was a shallow gold digger in the orig
Carol
China Rich Girlfriend is a blast.

*Backing up a step, I started with CRG. I hadn't read Crazy Rich Asians and CRG stood on its own, e.g., I wasn't lacking any necessary background material and also didn't suffer through 20 pages of material designed to catch-up a new reader. So . . . don't feel as though you can't pick up this novel because it's the second in a series.

I enjoyed the structure of having a variety of plotlines and characters. I liked some more than others. Rachel and Astrid are de
Britany
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, audiobook
After seeing the "Crazy Rich Asians" movie, I got sucked back into the world of Singapore and had to know what happens next for Rachel Chu and Nick Young.

This book was so much fun! I slipped right back into this world filled with some of the most materialistic characters I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. It's five years later and Rachel & Nick are planning their wedding. Kitty Pong plays a major thread in this installment as she gets a personal stylist to re-brand her life to fit in wi
Wendy
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-books, sep-18
I really enjoyed Crazy Rich Asians and was not disappointed in the sequel, China Rich Girlfriend.
I may have even enjoyed it a tad more.
It was fun visiting the old familiar characters and becoming acquainted with the new ones.
This novel picks up a few years after the first continuing with the lifestyles of the rich and crazy keeping me enthralled to the very end.

Stephanie Anze
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Its been two years since Rachel and Nick went to Singapore on that disastrous trip to meet his family. While some members of his family embraced Rachel, others were less than cordial towards her. This, however, does not deter Nick from wanting to marry her. On the eve of their wedding in California, its none other than Eleanor (Nick's mother) that makes a grand apperance. Surprisingly she is not there to stop the wedding but to deliver great news to Rachel: she located her birth father. Its now ...more
Syndi
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i am utterly disappointed. how come the sequel of this book becomes so bad?? the first book is hilarious with all that sarcastic jokes about rich asian.

the second book seems to forced. yes there is still that sarcastic jokes about how rich asian lives. but... i found it a bit offending.

the character of rachel is just unbelievable annoying. she is this perfect girl that everyone loves. i hate her. can not stand her anymore.

what a pity.
Anmiryam
The sparkle and gleeful playfulness of the first book has congealed into an overlong, over plotted and orgiastic mess of consumer idiocy in this second installment in the saga of Rachel Chu and Nick Young, Astrid Leong and others.

Kwan should have stuck to the central Singaporean setting and his central characters rather than introducing a whole raft of new figures (too puppet-like to call characters) and multiplying his storylines. The saddest thing is that in nearly 400 pages he still doesn't r
Marian
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me cansó un poco la historia de Collete, pero como estoy enamorada de Charles Wu puedo leer mil innecesarias páginas para poder saber algo de él.- ¡¡¡Qué personaje!!! Es el mejor de todos.- Rachel y Nicholas están muy desdibujados en este libro.- Pero el objetivo de entretener lo cumple perfectamente.
MissBecka
Um okay, so that was waaaaaay more depressing and dark than the first one.
I hope the next one is a little lighter again.
  • The Knockoff
  • The Longest Night
  • Maternity Leave
  • Movie Star by Lizzie Pepper
  • Among a Thousand Stars
Kevin Kwan is the author of "Crazy Rich Asians," the international bestseller now being adapted as a major motion picture. The sequel, "China Rich Girlfriend," will be released on June 16, 2015. Born and raised in Singapore, Kwan has called Manhattan home for the past two decades but still craves pineapple tarts and a decent plate of Hokkien mee.

Please visit Kevin at:

www.kevinkwanbooks.com
https:/

Crazy Rich Asians (3 books)
  • Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1)
  • Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3)
“People are messy. Life gets messy. Things are not always going to work out perfectly just because you want them to.” 19 likes
“I know the average outfit in your wardrobe costs more than a semester of tuition at Princeton, but it makes you look like a community college during summertime: NO CLASS.” 16 likes