Start by marking “Ruby Wax’s No Brainer” as Want to Read:
Ruby Wax’s No Brainer

Ruby Wax’s No Brainer

Making No-Brainer made Ruby Wax, in her own words, 'the happiest woman alive'. But then Ruby's take on happiness might be a little different from others. The same goes for her take on longevity, stress, death, compassion, attention, teenagers and the eternal nature vs. nurture debate. In her own inimitable style, she uncovers the cerebral forces driving each of these human ...more
Audible Audio
Published October 10th 2018 by Audible, Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Ruby Wax’s No Brainer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruby Wax’s No Brainer

Start your review of Ruby Wax’s No Brainer
Tony
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A rather entertaining collection of podcasts (I didn’t know that before downloading this) but highly entertaining. The science is relatively superficial (has to be in this type of vehicle, being such a massive subject), but delivered in a manner to with Ruby Wax has become a giant. She refers to, and uses, much of her own experience to move from topic to topic and this personal element makes the collection special.

Warning, if you don’t like Ruby Wax, don’t get this. There’s a comment here which
Beth
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
“You might even become a mermaid”
I loved listening to this audiobook, I was walking along laughing and smiling to myself. But aside from the natural humour that Ruby brings, it was also so informative and hopeful.
I loved finding out about parts of our brain and how we can train it. Clearly I need to take up mindfulness, I’ve tried meditation before but I could never get the habit to stick. Mindfulness is a way of meditating that can train your brain to stay in the moment and to step back from w
~ Cariad ~
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 00-audiobooks
I find Ruby Wax to be super smart, intelligent, funny and well, truly real in her approach to life.
Wow has she brought us a completely interesting audiobook in No Brainer. I honestly had a few light bulb moments and I'll be trying hard to make a couple of changes based on it. Thanks Ruby!
Kevin
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb overview of the most interesting subject in the world! Ruby Wax interviews some of the biggest heavyweight experts in the field about a range of subjects that include, ageing, epigenetics, evolution, addiction, adolescence, mindfulness, stress, and so on. As well as being a really engaging and informative listen, it occasionally ventures into laugh-out-loud funny as Ruby applies her own spin to the discussion. We also get a sense of how quickly human knowledge is changing in this field.

It
Natalie Pithers
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this Audible exclusive. It gave a great high level overview of lots of different brain related topics. It left me thirsty to learn more and I'll definitely be buying Ruby's other books. I'd see this as an introduction to subjects such as mindfulness rather that an in depth analysis.

I particularly enjoyed the chapter on epigenetics. It was explained so well that even a lay man like me could get the gist.

Ruby herself was hilarious and poignant at the same time. She delved into
Frank
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ruby Wax books are normally very good. Her enthusiasm and honesty really comes across. This title is no different. You have accept that she is so open to leaning she does speak over at times the people she is interviewing.
Piotr Karaś
The author was sometimes irritating to me, interrupting her interlocutors while they were expounding on some topic. However, I learned a couple of things about the human brain, as well as about the physical and psychological health.
Jacqueline Williams
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, it's a story, a journey, a podcast, a discovery. Big information in bite size pieces. Real, honest, funny.
Rachel
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting and amusing. The only irritant is when Ruby talks over some of the experts. But that’s Ruby...

This isn’t the first, and certainly won’t be the last book by Ruby that I buy.
katy ktp
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really funny and informative- she's a gem. Enjoyed every second.....
Karen
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Like this book very much funny and informative
Haider Shakiry
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trying too hard (but failing!) to explain the complex working of the brain in a humorous way in a meandering anecdotal manner.
Sandy King
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020
Entertaining and informative. Recommended.
Ruby
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. Educational. Funny. Understandable. Relatable.
Em
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, psychology, factual
An Audible book. A very interesting look at the human brain and how it reacts to all manner of things... age/stage of life, society, technological advances, addiction, pain and stress to name a few. Ruby Wax interviews a wide array or experts and shares some of her own insight and experience along the way. Educational and accessible (to non-neurologists).
Louise

• The Darkwater Bride
  • Mudlark: In Search of London's Past Along the River Thames
  • Mr. Flood's Last Resort
  • The Lending Library
  • Dead Famous: An Unexpected History of Celebrity from Bronze Age to Silver Screen
  • Gotta Get Theroux This: My Life and Strange Times in Television
  • Feel Better In 5: Your Daily Plan to Feel Great for Life
  • Wise Children
  • What Seems To Be The Problem
Ruby Wax arrived in Britain in 1977 to pursue an acting career. She says "I really could never find my niche. I was a terrible actress, I couldn't sing, I couldn't do characters, I couldn't do an English accent and I lived in England, so I was narrowing it down".

She met French and Saunders at a party and worked alongside them a number of times, on television in Happy Families, at charity events su

News & Interviews