Start by marking “Falling for Grace (Coastal Hearts #2)” as Want to Read:
Falling for Grace (Coastal Hearts #2)

Falling for Grace

(Coastal Hearts #2)

Grace Logan has taken a lot of tumbles in life, but she works hard to bounce right back. Dreams shattered and hope for reconciliation gone, Grace needs a place where she can pick herself up now that her ex is marrying her former best friend. Her boss’s beach house in Santa Rosa seems like the perfect getaway, but stumbling into the attractive-but-damaged handyman next door ...more
Published November 15th 2018 by Southern Sun Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Falling for Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for Grace

Start your review of Falling for Grace (Coastal Hearts #2)
Beth
Falling for Grace touches on some heavier topics in a delicate way. Both characters have baggage in their past that impacts their present interactions, and those interactions ring true for this reader. It's easy to root for Grace and Seth as they work to move on from their pasts.

I adored the beach setting and the just the overall sweetness of this story that has moments of romance but also of healing. It's a lovely read to pick up for the summer - especially if you enjoy a hopeful an
Staci
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Sweet novella about finding love after divorce. It was a little heavy on the accident prone aspect, but overall a cute read.
Sarah Monzon
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you ever want to take a trip down south but not leave your living room, Janet Ferguson will take you there through the pages of her books. So if you’re feeling chilly this winter but still want the holiday spirit, this might be the book for you.
Brittany
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Grace and Seth's story so much. These were two hurting people. They had each suffered so much and neither one really felt that there was much hope for happiness in their future.

I couldn't help but feel compassion for Grace and Seth. I connected with them immediately and hope grew for both of them as they went through the Christmas season together. At times it seemed that things couldn't possibly work out for them and the deep emotional struggles and fears that they
Beth Erin
Despite (or perhaps because of) Grace's clumsiness, this second-chance romance was delightfully appealing and entertaining. Seth's role as the hurting hero is well-executed and endearing. I enjoyed our little visit to the beach with all its depth and humor and life lessons. I borrowed this book from Kindle Unlimited.
Emilee
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet. I loved it!
Paula Shreckhise
Falling for Grace is the second in a series Coastal Hearts by Janet Ferguson.

This book takes place in a beach town with beautiful beach houses.

Grace’s boss has lent her a beach house so she can recover from a rough two years. Her divorce has taken it’s toll and she can’t seem to move on. She is still grieving and mad. She is mad at herself but trying to figure out God’s plan in all of the mess.
Her neighbor on the beach is Seth, who is likewise suffering from the aftermath of his divorce
Kav
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I'm just 'discovering' Janet Ferguson now! And what an introduction! This novella packs all the heart of a full length novel. My emotions were engaged from the very first page and I do so love to be emotionally pummeled by my fiction! Talk about gut-wrenching and hope-soaring!

Grace and Seth are both recovering from painful losses. Their chance encounter on the beach pulls them into each other's arms (literally) and sets in motion a breath-taking second chance love st
Fiction Aficionado
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet contemporary romance about two wounded people finding friendship, romance, and healing tucked away beside the beach in Santa Rosa. Grace has headed to her boss's beach house for a low-key Christmas—and the opportunity to recover from the grief of her ex-husband's recent marriage to her best friend. Seth has been hiding out for three years following his own divorce in the wake of a devastating loss.

There's a little bit of instalove involved here, but it's the gentle s
Misty Beller
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great story! Fun and lighthearted, yet covers deeper themes that make you ache with Grace and Seth. I highly recommend!
Chanel
A Story of Hope and Healing

Although this story touches on heartbreaking loss, pain and disappointment, the author weaves an inspiring message of hope by illustrating how God can take our brokenness and make something new and beautiful. The romance is more realistic than swoony - there's levity, attraction and natural conversation, but the characters are each trying to heal from serious hurts, resulting in a bit of back-and-forth in their relationship growth based on their fears and insecuritie
Suzie Waltner
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m a fairly new reader of Janet Ferguson so I’m making my way through some of her earlier titles. And what better place to start than a sweet novella?

Somewhat clumsy Grace Logan escapes the hurt and discouragement of the news her ex-husband has remarried with a trip to Florida and her employer’s home on the beach. A house which, coincidentally, is located right beside that of another disillusioned person, Seth Gibbs. He’s hidden out at his family home for three years working through
Sydney
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, ebooks
Falling for Grace by Janet W. Ferguson is a beautiful and inspiring story. It’s about an unlikely couple that happen to meet and against all odds fall in love. It’s about dealing with events in their lives both current and in the past and pushing through and overcoming the hurt, grief, and guilt. It’s not only about falling in love, but fighting for that love even when it seems like it might be impossible. This story will deeply touch the heart of readers as they come to know the characters and ...more
Jess Smith
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable story!

A wonderful refreshing read. Simplicity and sweetness. The personal feelings and hardships, but reliance on God was so good to me.
Ellie
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I enjoyed this novella! I liked both main charcters and thought they were well written. I thought the two were thrown together a tad quickly, however their relationship developed at a pace that I was okay with. I had trouble putting the book down once I got to the second half. I really liked the addition of Mac and Darlene. I was inspired by Darlene and when I'm inspired by a character in a book, it's always a plus for me.

Readers should be aware that this book deals with divorce and the loss of
Ellen White
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
One feels the emotion of Grace, a husband who left, and now married what was once you’re best friend. She was named Grace, but she was a klutz. Going to the beach she stumbled off the walk way tumbling to the sand. When a voice called out if she was okay, finding later he was the handyman next door. Knowing her boss, he called to find out the story of why she had come. He came three years ago to heal and still here. Thinking he should get out of his helmet life and try socializing again. With th ...more
Judy
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Falling for Grace by Janet W. Ferguson
A Coastal Hearts Novella
Grace Logan needed time away to heal. Her divorce had been hard...the betrayal even harder. Especially this week. She was headed to her boss' beach house for peace and quiet. That was the plan. Unlike her name, Grace wasn't so graceful and one of her falls changed everything.

Seth Gibbs had run away from family and memories three years ago. Coming to the families beach house...he stayed. And his past stayed with
Judy
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Falling for Grace by Janet W. Ferguson
A Coastal Hearts Novella

Linda
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Grace Logan and Seth Gibbs have both come to Santa Rosa, Florida, to recover from the slings and arrows of fortune. Grace is recently divorced, and her ex-husband has just married her "best friend." Seth is divorced, too, but he is also mourning the death of his infant son from SIDS. Can they possibly help each other heal?
Mary Felkins
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and swift romance. Loved this endearing tale of broken souls meeting under divine and believable circumstances to risk hearts in love again. Enjoyed the Description of beach side setting and candle lit dinners. Falling For Grace, aptly named, introduces two unlikely people- one a hardware/tool guy and the other involved in legislature. Recommended for those who need hope in happily ever afters ❤ ...more
Elizabeth Prescott
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Falling For Grace for its ability to take you on a journey of growth and healing. Grace has suffered heartache while Seth has been through a tragedy of his own. Follow along with two people who learn exactly what it's like when we let go of control and follow His lead.
Mary Beth
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nancy
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grace heads to the beach for her boss and it’s the perfect getaway for her as her ex-husband just got remarried. Mishaps and falls send her into her neighbors arms literally! He’s full of hurts himself and has hid out at his family beach house for a while. They could be two mis-fits perfect for each other, if they can begin to heal.
Carol Van
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart Felt Story

Anyone who has dealt with death in their life knows the grief and pain can be devastating. BUT GOD - two simple words that are all powerful. With God in our lives, he helps us thru the difficult times and brings us thru to the joy which comes in the morning. He never fails.
Karen Loomis
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet, short story. Deals with infant loss in a gentle way. The note at the end by the author is touching.
April
3.5 Stars
Joelle Teague
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I greatly enjoyed this novella and Grace and Seth's story, in fact... I wish it had been longer! There were moments of laughter, tears, and love that kept the story rolling with faith to sustain them all. A fantastic story about how God can heal all of our broken parts.
Donna Kale
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story...

I could see this being a full novel, the storyline was so precious, I loved the characters and it all being Christ centered. You are a wonderful author, I look forward to reading more of your books.
Jeanna Lichtenberg
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella. This is the first book I've read by Janet Ferguson. I'm looking forward to reading more of the Coastal Hearts series.
CarolynB
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
I loved this story of two broken-hearted people who find each other. It’s humorous at times and makes one aware of the hurts that people harbor and how much we need one another to make it through this thing called life. Though a novella, the characters are well developed and relatable.

• Ford (The Montana Marshalls, #3)
  • Love Me (Chapel Cove Romances, #2)
  • Finding Ever After: four fairytale-ish novellas
  • Now and Then and Always (Maple Valley #1)
  • Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1)
  • The Start of Us
  • The Edge of Mercy
  • Cherish Me  (Chapel Cove #3)
  • Up from the Sea (Whose Waves These Are, #0.5)
  • Just One Kiss
  • Like a Winter Snow (Port Willis)
  • The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1)
  • Red Rose Bouquet (Grace Revealed #2)
  • Wyatt (The Montana Marshalls, #4)
  • Remember Me (Chapel Cove Romances #1)
  • Fried Chicken and Gravy
  • Wooing Cadie McCaffrey
  • A Time to Treasure (A Time for Everything #1)
Janet W. Ferguson grew up in Mississippi and received a degree in Banking and Finance from the University of Mississippi. She has served as a children’s minister and a church youth volunteer. An avid reader, she worked as a librarian at a large public high school. She writes humorous inspirational fiction for people with real lives and real problems. Janet and her husband have two grown children, ...more

Coastal Hearts (3 books)
  • Magnolia Storms (Coastal Hearts #1)
  • The Art of Rivers (Coastal Hearts #3)
“Everywhere Grace went, there was Seth. All afternoon. Even when she left him resting on the couch while she crossed to and fro to check on Brooklyn’s house, the man’s presence seemed to linger on her skin, her heart, her mind. Something between scorching flames and cool gentle waves on a summer day, which totally made no sense, but all she knew was that every moment away from him, she missed him.” 0 likes