Start by marking “Place Setting (States of Love)” as Want to Read:
Place Setting (States of Love)

Place Setting (States of Love)

Cameron Dunlop has lived in the Lowcountry town of Summer Corners, South Carolina, his whole life. He loves his home, but his little town in the Deep South doesn’t offer much in the way of dating options.

Chef Gray Callahan has enjoyed success in the kitchen, but his last relationship sunk like a bad soufflé. When plans for his sister’s wedding go awry, it provides the perf
Published January 18th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Place Setting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Place Setting

Kristin
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Cameron – “Cam” works as a property manager for a rental company and is surprised to see Gray back in town looking for a place to rent. Cam still remembers his unrequited crush on Gray in High School.

Gray, frazzled from his failed relationship and having to walk away from his dreams of working in his own restaurant, is back in town to help with his sister’s wedding.

As Cam leaps in to help Gray find a place to live and a spot for Gray’s sister’s wedding, the two find they have something in comm
Serena Yates
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, read-2019
Eating good food is one of my favorite pastimes, watching the occasional celebrity cooking show and reading stories about chefs a close second. ‘Place Setting’ is a promising title for a “foodie” romance, a chef looking for a new start is always interesting, and a small town in South Carolina might just be the ideal setting. With two men who went to the same high school but haven’t seen each other since at the center of some family and wedding drama, I was pretty sure this was going to be a cute ...more
Kirstin
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars rounded up

I was so looking forward to this because I love the idea of coming home and finding love.

When Chef Gray Callahan broke up with his boyfriend, he wasn't counting on having to sell his half of their restaurant and move back home. But when he arrives at his rental in South Carolina, he realizes that this could be just what he needs. And with his sister's wedding in a few weeks, he's got plenty to keep him occupied.

Cameron has never left his sleepy little town because he's so wo
Heather Martin
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Place Setting by Claudia Mayrant explores the people and the small town of Summer Corners in South Carolina, and introduced us to Cameron and Gray. Cameron knew Gray, who was a few years ahead of him in school, so they weren’t completely two strangers meeting.

I struggled with this review. On the one hand I enjoyed this story, the setting and the characters, but I wouldn’t consider this a romance. It just didn’t get to the point of being a romance. There was all the setup and potential for a grea
Lori
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars rounded to 3

Place Setting is short book about Gray and Cameron. Gray has returned to his South Carolina hometown of Summer Corners after breaking up with his business partner in Philadelphia. As a professional chef, he arrives home just in time to help his little sister with catering her wedding after an unexpected glitch in her plans.

Cameron is the property manager for Gray’s new rental home. He’s never left the small town, loves his aunt who raised him and enjoys his life. The two me
Maya
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: gaybook-reviews
I was looking for a relaxing holiday read when I picked up this one. It hit the mark on all counts as it has uncomplicated plot designed to make reader feel good.
Gray and Cameron met again in their sleepy little hometown thanks to Gray’s sister wedding emergency. Cameron used to have crush on Gray when they were in in high school. Yes. Its one of those stories where everything lines up just right for happy end. The writing style is very good with occasional funny clip to break monotony.

But. It’s
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up

Fit the 'coming home to the small town' trope perfectly. Although as it gets near the ending, everything seems rushed. Would love this one to be a longer story because small town romance is one of my catnips.

Full opinion on release date

The ARC is provided by the publisher for an exchange of fair and honest review. No high rating is required for any ARC received.
Regina Polli