Start by marking “Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #19)” as Want to Read:
Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #19)

Cipher

(Demonica Underworld #8)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione comes a new story in her Demonica Underworld series…

It’s been seven months since Cipher, an Unfallen angel who straddled a razor thin line between good and evil, woke up in hell with a new set of wings, a wicked pair of fangs, and a handler who’s as beautiful as she is dangerous. As a laid-back cyber-specia
Published April 9th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Cipher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cipher

Sophia Triad
Great addition to the series. Cipher is the main character – a unfallen angel computer geek who becomes a fallen angel after a betrayal. He will develop an understanding and he will fall in love with another fallen angel who is one of his captures and his main handler.

A very important enemy is after the list with the lost children of Azagoth. Cipher is the only one who can provide it, but he will not betray his friends and cooperate that easily.

Overall the love story of Cipher and Lyre was good,
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
Cipher’s story was pretty good! I would have liked more development with Lyre, but overall I was happy with the turn of events. Azagoth and Lilli have some page time, along with a few others including Hawkyn(who’s story I really need to go back and read). The story twist also gives a great lead into Reaper.
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
As someone who has loved the Demonica series for years I'm always extremely excited when a new book is released and we get the chance to dive back into this world. We already know Cipher, he was Hawkyn's best friend who was captured in one of the previous Demonica Underworld books and dragged into Sheoul by Faile. Now one of the True Fallen Cipher is just trying to hold onto his sense of self as long as possible before evil takes over and he willingly gives up his friends to the demons who are h ...more
Joelle
Let's start of by saying this is one of my favorite authors and anything she writes I just love she definitely and auto buy author for us and we are really loving this on going series and its character's. Cipher and Lyre are one of my favorite character pair especially after this current story as they turned out to be perfect for one another.

Cipher who was once an angel now Unfallen and soon to be True Fallen is coming into his own powers. He is trapped in another dimension and is being tortured
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars ~ Jess
I have loved this series for a LONG time and with each new book, things are still unsettled in the Underworld. There is always something at play and this book continues that story of deceit and mystery.

While this was Cipher's book there is a lot more at play than just him. Captured by brothers who might play a part in the next apocalypse he is tortured on the daily for information only he has access to. Not only that but he is coming into his Unfallen powers that are actually pr
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
I'll be honest. I'm foaming at the mouth for Reaper to come out. That said, I enjoyed the read, it's a nice tidbit to tide me over until the real, and probably amazing, book is released. I wasn't really all fired up for Lyre and Cypher, but hey, it was still a decent story. Read if you're a huge Demonica fan. You may want to skip if you're not.
Tanya Davis
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it

I received this book for free from Tour Group in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I was so excited for another book in the Demonica World! I'm missing some of our main characters from the series as we concentrate on these new ones in the novellas. However, I am enjoying these characters as well.

Cipher is not the warrior that you see in most heroes. His specialty is computers and coding. Bael knows this and has planned to be ab

AJ
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This novella is #8 in the Demonica Underworld series, and as with all thing Demonica related, I cannot get enough!

The 1001 Nights novellas are promo’d as standalones, but given the complexity of this world, and the fact that this story is a continuation of the Demonica Underworld series, and Azagoth and Liliana’s story, I would not recommend reading this one as a standalone.

Following on from Hawkyn, this book picks up the story of Cipher – an Unfallen Angel who was dragged to Sheoul, inst
Malissa
Getting back to the Demonica World is always a highlight of the year for me. This is truly one of those series that I don't mind being 19 books deep into and still wanting more of, I just can't get enough.

Cipher is a character that we met in a past book, he is the best friend of Hawkyn. He was stolen away from his life, family, and friends and dragged into Sheoul to become a True Fallen Angel....but does a Fallen Angel have to become evil, can a Fallen Angel still love?

I loved the look into th
Ann Lorz
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

This has been a fantastic series by Larissa Ione. She brings to you both sexy heroes and funny well-written stories.

From the first book of her Demonica series, I've been hooked. Now with this offshoot of it, I've been nothing but thrilled. The whole series has been leading up to her final book Reaper. From what I understand she's starting a new series but in the same world.

Can't wait to try that one.

Poor, poor, C
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars. Cipher is a good addition to one of my favorite paranormal series. This is Cipher and Lyre's story. Cipher is a fallen angel and a computer whiz. A careless mistake has landed him in hell, where Lyre is his handler. Lyre, herself, is also a fallen angel, who purposely got herself sent to hell so she could wreak revenge on her enemies. But as they spend time together, the two of them unravel an evil plot to ruin the world and have to fight to save themselves and escape hell. Along the ...more
Darcy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I think what I liked most about this one was how Cipher was a secret agent, determined not to betray his friends. It's a good thing that he won over Lyre to his side. I liked that they were able to work together to the start to bring down Bael and his crew. Sure things didn't quite end the way they all wanted it, but it's a good start.

I loved that Lillian finally came home and let Azagoth know her secret. I have a feeling there will be lots of fun times to come with those two.
L. Ann
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I always love returning to the Demonica Underworld and I was really looking forward to Cipher's story.

Overall, it was a fun read, but I wish it had been longer. It's a very quick read and some parts do feel a little bit rushed. I think it's more setting the scene for Reaper, and I was left feeling a little dissatisfied by the lack of depth.

Overall, though, a nice addition to the series.
Ashley
I am so glad we are getting more Demonica books. This is one of the few series that I love to reread every few years.

Cipher and Lyre are such a good couple. I liked their relationship and their struggles to escape. I really can't wait to read the next book now. I need more Azagoth and Lillian.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am loving how much more we are getting in this novella , we are seeing just how tremendous
The backstabbing and the betrayals go, Cipher and Lyre have an awesome story that makes you want to read all the books over again and again
Amy
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Demonica World!! These 1001 Dark Nights novellas bring so much action to the underworld and I am on the edge of my seat, dying for more Azagoth! Cipher and Lyre’s story built upon what’s been happening and set in motion one hell of a twist. Reaper can’t get here soon enough!
Deana-Coffee, Books, Life Blog
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The underworld is shaken up…...

Cipher has had a roller coaster ride for a life over the last year. Once an Angel, then Unfallen and now Cipher is a True Fallen. He fight for his sanity, sense of self and to keep informed a secret as long as possible. Cipher’s capture and constant torture tests his ability to keep the evil at bay and the loyalty to his friends tight lipped. Ciphers strength, loyalty and his ability to do crazy things with a computers is remarkable. He’s a very interesting charact
Claire Cronin
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by Larissa and a good introduction into the Demonica Underworld for me, I will definitely read more of these from this!

It took a little bit to get my head round that these are characters in a modern world setting, I pictured them in a old world type, but new world was good once my brain got on board!

Cipher is a unfallen angel with amazing computer skills who ends up falling and going into the underworld. He ends up falling in love with his handler/keeper, another fallen an
Sue's Romance Reviews
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cipher is another thrilling and action-packed installment in the Demonica series.

I have been reading the Demonica series for what seems like forever now and I never get enough.

Larissa Ione always brings something new that will captivate. Cipher and Lyre’s story is no different.

Cipher was cute with his new wings. I found myself smirking and giggling.

We also touch again on Liliana and Azagoth. There is simply something about these two that pulls me and captivates me every time

I love how with each
Brigitte
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a marvellous addition to the Demonica Underworld series. It's very well portrayed and the characters are interesting and lovable. Mostly!

Taking another exciting journey in the Underworld where some of my favourites characters feature, took me down memory lane. It's been a few years since I started reading this series and the storylines never cease to amaze me.

There is a rebellion coming and when the extent of what's being planned is revealed, Cipher and Lyre find themselves caught in t
Leigh
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another Good Installment.

I miss them all ! The whole demonica gang, especially the Seminus siblings. They didn’t make an appearance here though since the story revolves around Azagoth and his realm. I always love the politics of heaven (Reaver) and hell (Revenant) and how one character is link to another to get the Demonica series keep going. I love this new addition to the whole plot of the story. They’re definitely amassing all types of species for the Final Judgment. We’ve finally got Fallen
Ariadna Basulto
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been a fan huge fan of the Demonica Underworld series by Larissa Ione for a very long time. So I was beyond giddy at the thought of a new story to dive into and had to get my hands on Cipher immediately.

I really liked Cipher’s story and being back in the Demonica universe. I loved Lyre and Cipher. Their story felt whole to me and although I of course wished it was longer, I was very happy with the story. Larissa Ione manages to infuse this novella with just as much passion, romance, and
Misty
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this.
Apparently this is the last novella before the next full book and it sets the stage perfectly. I always wondered how Unfallen handled being transformed in True Fallen angels and this book answer that... they don't instantly become evil, it slowly pours into them if they resist it.
Cipher and Lyre are definitely resisting.
This makes me wonder, what if, when Satan is definitely defeated (he will be, right?) there is a way for True Fallen to purge the evil from their souls and become ang
Jo
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've never read a 1001 Dark Nights novel that I didn't enjoy and I'm pleased to tell you that the trend continues.

My enjoyment of this story was enhanced by the fact that I have now read some more of the preceding stories, so I have more of a handle on the wider Azagoth story arc, as well as some of the supporting characters who make an appearance here.

And I'm not going to lie, what happens to Cipher is a bit twisted, whilst at the same time being completely and utterly right for the story.  The
Melinda
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the Demonica series and once again Larissa Ione has me fighting between loving the good guys and the bad. Don't get me wrong Bael is all evil but dang Cipher is hot even in hell. I loved that Lyre may seem bad but with the right angel we see a side no one has seen. These two together are hot and best of all we see a side of Azagoth no has seen in centuries. Loved it.

"I received an eBook copy from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review. I was not compensated for this review: all
Shelleen Toland
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: inkslinger
Cipher is an Unfallen Angel and woke up in hell with a new set of wings, fangs and a beautiful handler.He has to fight the growing corruption in him and it is a challenge when you have bad people out for you. But his friends are trying to find him and to prove he isn't evil. Cipher had to hand over a list to "the boss" and feels guilty from the ramifications that happened. Cipher and Lyre, his handler are out to free themselves and it isn't going to be easy. This was a novella so around 200 page ...more
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
MY THOUGHTS
As you all already have seen, I have read many of these 1001 Dark Nights novellas and I have been enjoying most of them.

Cipher is the 8th book of the Demonica Underworld but this novella can be read as a stand-alone (just like all 1001 Dark Nights novellas) so if this story sounds interesting you will not have to start the series from the start.

I very much enjoyed this story. It is very well written and I was hooked from the very beginning and of course, it was a very quick read.

I do
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A bloody thrill ride! I really enjoyed the story it was full of suspense keeping me reading till the end. The romance was steamy and sexy! I loved the characters and how everything played out with them. Everything tied in to the larger story as well but I was able to enjoy this without reading the others in the series as well.
Literati Literature Lovers
Lacking the Oomph

Normally Ione’s romances have a lot of sizzle, this romance between Cipher and Lyre unfortunately fell flat for me. There was no incredible pull or attraction. What saved this novella was the return of Lillian and how it impacts Azagoth. The whole book felt like a set up for another book. Cipher really did deserve better.
Deborah
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun romp in hell!

Nice to be back in Azagoths world and to see some “old friends”. Fell right into the story and couldn’t put the book down. Loved the story of Cipher and Lyre. Nasty twist to Ciphers wings! Forgot all about that character! Now to wait for the next one!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #15.5)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #6)
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • Taken (Deep Ops, #1.5)
  • The Jaguar King (Weathermages of Mystral, #3)
  • Shadow's Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #20)
  • The Cecilian Swan (Silent Swans #1)
  • Lost and Found (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #2)
  • Your Lion Eyes (Alphaville, #2)
  • Siren's Song (Dorina Basarab #4.6)
  • Switching for Her (Blasphemy, #5)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione penned her first novel at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped writing since. She has been a U.S. Air Force meteorologist, an EMT, and a professional dog trainer, and you never know when one of those interests will pop into her novels.

She lives a nomadic existence with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and son, so her writing career has been a bl

Demonica Underworld (8 books)
  • Azagoth (Demonica Underworld #1; Lords of Deliverance #5.5; Demonica #11; 1001 Dark Nights #6)
  • Hades (Demonica Underworld #2; Lords of Deliverance #6.5; Demonica #13; 1001 Dark Nights #19)
  • Z (Demonica Underworld #3; Demonica #14; 1001 Dark Nights #39)
  • Razr (Demonica Underworld #4; Demonica #15; 1001 Dark Nights #56)
  • Hawkyn (Demonica Underworld #5; Demonica #16; 1001 Dark Nights #77)
  • Her Guardian Angel (Demonica Underworld, #6; Demonica, #17; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • Dining with Angels: Bits & Bites from the Demonica Universe(Demonica Underworld #7; Demonica #18)
“Revenant shrugged in his black leather duster… He plopped down in the overstuffed chair by the fire.
“That’s my seat,” Azagoth said. “Move.”
“Whatever, Sheldon.”
1 likes
“Okay, try extending your wing.”
Nothing happened. He let out a frustrated curse, and then, finally, the wing shot out before
folding in again.
“It shouldn’t have taken that much effort, should it? Is this normal?”
“I don’t think so.”
“You don’t think so? You’re a fallen angel, right?”
She jammed her fists on her hips. “No one is going to want to have sex with you if you’re snarky with them, you know.”
“What?”