Start by marking “El Zorro” as Want to Read:
El Zorro

El Zorro

La mayoría de las armas hacen lo que les pides. La mayoría de las armas son controlables. Y si el arma más peligrosa del mundo no fuera un misil inteligente, un submarino sigiloso o un virus informático? Y si, en realidad, se tratara de un chico de diecisiete años con una mente prodigiosa, capaz de sortear los sistemas de seguridad más sofisticados y de manipular cualquier ...more
Published January 24th 2019 by PLAZA & JANES (first published October 16th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about El Zorro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El Zorro

Start your review of El Zorro
Natalie M
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
2.5 Stars at best! The epitome of average. I love Forsyth, some of my favourite works are his but this will not be one of them. It feels like a political rant in places, in others a review of world events. Through all this is an unrealistic, unbelievable, even ridiculous plot which has an even stranger ending. Its so far from a Forsyth Id hazard a guess at a ghost-writer. ...more
Linda Wells
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forsyth continues to master the international spy thriller in his latest book. "The Fox" has hacked into the NSA, and US and British agents join forces to find the hacker. The story is modern without relying on excessive technical detail. The scenario is both plausible and frightening.
Tim
Jan 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I find this boring and tough to follow. 2 of 10 stars
Brett
Sep 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible book. Much like Wilbur Smith and Tom Clancy, Forsyth has entered the realm of successful thriller writers that allow publishers to ghost write books for them. This book has none of the style, or pace of of a Forsyth novel. Theres no depth to any of the characters and the plot lurches from one confrontation to the next. The computer hacking is described only through cliched metaphors and the only exposition is about the covert military and intelligence services of various countries which ...more
Skip
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
3.5 stars, rounded up (for all of his past accomplishments in this genre.) Someone has hacked into the impenetrable computer systems of the U.S. intelligence community. Turns out, it's a 18-year Brit, working in his attic with standard equipment, who awakens to find a team of black-clad anti-terrorist operators in his bedroom. Luke Jennings is a shy introverted kid, with Asperger's Syndrome, who was just looking around and did no damage. He is whisked off to a secure location, and becomes a ...more
Adah Udechukwu
The Fox is an average novel. The novel does not flow properly and it keeps referencing past events which was kinda annoying.
Chinmay
Oct 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Worst Forsyth book ever written.

The book was a horrible disappointment. The overarching plot can be at best described as genius boy waving his magic fingers to defeat all the enemies of the West using a computer. And I use the "magic" deliberately because though the book is about hacking, no explanation is ever given as to how exactly the boy hacks in to the most complex firewalls in the world. While I do not expect detailed and boring manual about how hacking takes place at least the author
BookGypsy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be very realistic. It has a modern day international espionage. Very though provoking considering the state of our world affairs right now. When you thin an eight-teen -year old hacker could tap in a become a weapon and a target. A great read.

I won a copy of this from the publisher for my honest review.

Dawn Ruby-BookGypsy
Novels N Latte Book Blog
Novels & Latte Book Club
Hudson Valley NY
Jerry B
Weve been enjoying Frederick Forsyth since his debut with The Day of the Jackal in 1971. Unlike other popular authors, he doesnt pump out a full-length novel every year, but rather has published a new international thriller at roughly three-to-five year intervals a span no doubt reflected in the diligent research and contemporaneous timeliness of his suspenseful plots.

Fox is no exception as it traces the art of cyber warfare via the unbelievably brilliant hacking abilities of a British
Clare O'Beara
This adventure centres on a teen lad with Asperger's who lives in his computer attic and hacks. Ah - no it doesn't. If it did he'd have lines, right?
This adventure centres on a retired agent who is called back by a Theresa May lookalike to control the young hacker Luke and point him at targets. Sir Adrian seems to be a reflection of the author, who is now in his eighties. He sends in the SAS but otherwise seems tolerant, then people start getting killed. My impression is that the story was
Simon
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Such a Cunning Fox!

For once, with this author, when a publisher puts extravagant claims in their blurb it's hard to argue. Frederick Forsyth has written some of the all-time thriller greats so deserves the ultimate respect. They suggest he defined the thriller genre so is he still at the leading edge all these years later? He certainly throws a lot at this book to make it up to date and relevant with everything from Novichok to computer hacking being cast into the mix!

For me David Rintoul
Ruth Jones
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, but thought the ending a bit lame.
Paula Lyle
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Once upon a time there was an autistic English boy that could hack Anything. He causes havoc in all the Bad places in the world and survives several attempts at assassination. He does all this within 7 months so he never gets any older. Then, because this is a fairy tale, he becomes a Real Boy. This allows him to live happily ever after. The End.
Doug
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery and suspense fans
As a longtime fan of Forsyth, I was very interested in how he approached this tale of contemporary technological espionage without falling off the edge into tech speak and so forth. I respect his story telling skill ...The Day of the Jackal, The Odessa File, The Forth Protocol etc ... and was pleased that it was again demonstrated in The Fox.

The world is a much smaller place than it once was due to the cyber reliance of all of us in control of every day as well international political affairs.
Barry
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frederick Forsyth has been one of my favorite authors for many years although he seemed to have peaked with what may have been his first book, The Day of the Jackal. The result was that I hadn't read one of his novels in years but I decided to give The Fox a shot because I knew that, minimally, it would be good. It turns out that it was, in my not very modest opinion, excellent.

As was the case for many of his earlier works, he used the current world situation and real characters except for the
Jawahar Surti
Actually 2.5/5
Picked this up with great expectations, having been a fan of Forsyth's novels. But was disappointed. The writing style is good enough, the flow, the language. But where is the story? (view spoiler) The events jump. Not very coherent. And then like some movie things change to bring other things to an end!
Thoughts: Did he actually write
Michael  Baker
Nov 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very disappointing

I have really enjoyed some of his earlier books. This one was a huge let down. No character development to the point that you couldnt care less if the main characters were all murdered half way through the novel.
Alona
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
Its not Forsyths Day of the Jackal or even The Odessa File, but I enjoyed reading The Fox.
Frederick Forsyth is over eighty years old and still writing wonderfully even if not as sharp and brilliantly as when he was a young pilot turned journalist turned novelist 😊

I listened to the audiobook and enjoyed the voice of David Rintoul, the narrator, and his British accent. Just as much as I loved him in some of Robert Harriss books. Wonderful job!
Jo
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers, reviewed
"This is what I've been missing, I've read two Tom Clancy books recently and have been really disappointed in how the writers who have continued his franchise have handled the series. Thank goodness for Frederick Forsyth, a writer that
truly understands how espionage should be written. The fox is an intense thriller that would make a great movie.

Russian snipers, double agents, the SAS, The Fox truly delivers readers into the dark and dangerous world, that only a few ever really get to
Ross Sidor
Interesting premise, solid research, and informative detail, but lacking a cohesive story to weave it together. Basically an analysis of current global politics and how the UK might cyber-attacks against geopolitical foes, but it just jumps from one incident to another without an actual storyline. Fortunately, the book is very short and Forsyth's style is terse, so it reads very quickly.
Stuart Ashenbrenner
Forsyth is 80-years-old, and he writes a book that is one of the most relevant and current pieces of mystery and thrill that there is available. I will skip over the synopsis of the book, but long story short, there is a young hacker, Luke Jennings, who assists in finding "The Fox".

Not only is writing a thriller in which the antagonist a computer hacker difficult, is hard to make it into a "thriller." Typically thrillers have a bad guy with fantastical skills that rival the protagonist, which
Jim
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you FREDERICK FORSYTH for writing THE FOX. Thank you G.P. Putnam's for publishing it. The 21st century has seen the birth of a new type warfare - cyberwarfare. Mr. Forsyth has produced a book whose plot seems to be ripped from major news headlines (not "fake news!").

Among the major characters is Sir Adrian Weston retired number2 at MI6. Then there is Luke Jennings an 18 year computer hacker of unmatched skills who is affected by Asperger's Syndrome. Sir Adrian recruits Luke to MI6. Also
Mark Robison
This book of spycraft is told so authoritatively that it's almost possible to overlook how slight it is. The plot is preposterous, amounting to waving a magic wand repeatedly. The world's greatest hacker is discovered and he can bridge the "air gap," meaning he can hack into computer systems that are not connected to the internet or any other external system. Yeah, right.

The book is interesting, though, because Forsyth concisely and smartly tells the history up to the current moment of various
David Msomba
This man is in his 80s but still manages to deliver a finger licking,page turning spy thriller,I have nothing but ultimate respect for Mr.Forsyth.

Continuing with his same writing style since The Day of the Jackal of schooling people on international political affairs,history and espionage tactics while entertaining you with a fast paced,riveting story,this one hasnt miss any of those ingredients.

If you are longtime fan of Forsyth,fan of suspense&thriller,espinoge stories,this one is for you.
Joan Campbell
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've always loved Forsyth's books, so I was excited to see a new one out. It was a fairly quick, enjoyable read although I found it lacked depth and complexity. Everything fitted together too well, the good guys always came out on top with minimal casualties, the bad guys were always outwitted. Perhaps I've outgrown books with such neat plot-lines but on the whole it was still a decent read.
Oliver Clarke
There were flashes of excitement but overall this was terrible. It often reads more like a lengthy synopsis than an actual novel, with scant attention paid to developing the characters. Instead we get a rambling tale that mostly seems to exist to allow Forsyth to ramble on about geo-politics.
Scott  Hitchcock
Entertaining. My biggest complaint is it's one of those books that reads like somebody is telling you about the events not that you're experiencing them.
Tony Le
One would expect better from the author of "The Day of the Jackal."
J. F.
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Review: The Fox by Frederick Forsyth

Quite a disappointment to say the least, considering readers' excitement due mainly to the writer's name. This book is a globalist's pipe dream disguised as a thriller, a bit too clever by far.

Very little of the story is centered on the "Fox", if this protagonist may even be considered a player at all, except for some snippets as a tool for unilateral overt action, a top-secret wallflower removed from any direct action in key events, and as the tragic
Susan
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great espionage tale set in current times.
Goodreads Librari...: Forgot to alter title into Dutch 2 14 Feb 16, 2019 06:10AM

• Heads You Win
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • Agent Running in the Field
  • The New Girl (Gabriel Allon #19)
  • Past Tense (Jack Reacher, #23)
  • Oath of Office (Jack Ryan Universe #26)
  • Long Road to Mercy (Atlee Pine, #1)
  • Nothing Ventured
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • Dark Sacred Night (Harry Bosch, #21; Renée Ballard, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #31)
  • The Second Sleep
  • Crown Jewel (Simon Riske, #2)
  • The Reckoning
  • One Good Deed
  • Red War (Mitch Rapp, #17)
  • Redemption (Amos Decker, #5)
  • The Moscow Sleepers (Liz Carlyle #10)
  • The Deserter (Scott Brodie & Maggie Taylor)
Frederick Forsyth, CBE is an English author and occasional political commentator. He is best known for thrillers such as The Day of the Jackal, The Odessa File, The Fourth Protocol, The Dogs of War, The Devil's Alternative, The Fist of God, Icon, The Veteran, Avenger, The Afghan, and recently The Cobra and The Kill List.

The son of a furrier, he was born in Ashford, Kent, educated at Tonbridge

News & Interviews

“They returned. The Night Wolves came back the following night, and they were armed to the teeth. They thought they were taking on an undefended target. Their mission was to invade an old if sprawling house and eliminate a sleeping teenager in one of the bedrooms. Anyone else on that floor would also have to be taken down” 0 likes
“Durante los ocho años de presidencia de George W. Bush, y los primeros cuatro de Barack Obama, el país desembolsó un billón de dólares para crear la estructura de seguridad más mastodóntica, engorrosa, duplicada y tal vez ineficaz que el mundo había conocido jamás.” 0 likes