Start by marking “If She Saw (Kate Wise Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
If She Saw (Kate Wise Mystery #2)

If She Saw

(Kate Wise Mystery #2)

“A masterpiece of thriller and mystery. Blake Pierce did a magnificent job developing characters with a psychological side so well described that we feel inside their minds, follow their fears and cheer for their success. Full of twists, this book will keep you awake until the turn of the last page.”
--Books and Movie Reviews, Roberto Mattos (re Once Gone)

IF SHE SAW (A
Published December 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about If She Saw, please sign up.
Chris I would read them in order. You would miss the character development by reading the 2nd book first.

Start your review of If She Saw (Kate Wise Mystery #2)
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
These books are incredibly addictive and as you can see from my reading list, I am reading them at the rate of knots. I have been devouring this series and every other series this author has written. What I will note, is that the books seem to be getting shorter at the same price point and the editing leaves a lot to be desired. However, the stories just bring me back for more and more and more.
Debbie
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love these crime filled detective books and like the fact that they have hd less than 200 pages. You can get lost in them and spend a day finding out who done it! The main characters are fun and smart.
Darcy
With this book Kate is still struggling with how to be a grandma and an FBI agent and quite frankly she isn't doing it well. I wish she would have told her boss she had her granddaughter and would be free in a couple of hours. It would have save her so much stress and not done damage to her relationship with her daughter.

The case Kate and Demarco worked on seemed clear cut. You knew it was a kid that felt wronged, they just had to find the kid. The sad thing is that they found many kids it could
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 9/16/19: Still not too terribly impressed with the second book in this series, more notably with the character development. Being the second book, I was hoping to get into the characters more but all of that was pretty surface level and the characters are pretty flat. The mystery wasn't really doing it for me here either... It maybe had a bit more to it than the first book but still didn't love it.
Michelle
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
The things I loved about the first Kate Wise mystery didn't stand out as much and the little annoyances seemed magnified. Still, Pierce writes a solid mystery and the next time I want something light, I'll look for Kate Wise.
Brenda H
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars. review to come
Ebalyn McCullagh
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed

I enjoyed reading this series so far. Good book to read. Looking forward to reading next in series! Maybe I can win it for free!
Katy
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot but I got so into Kate Wise in the first book that I think my excitement towards her dwindled a little bit. A solid murder mystery with agents on the case, nonetheless.
Barb
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kate is just a great FBI agent, even retired and back. This is book 2. Great series
Leona
Jul 05, 2019 added it
Shelves: abandoned
No star rating because I stopped reading. It's unfair to an author to rate a book if I haven't finished it. That being said, I loved Blake Pierce's Riley Paige Mysteries. I'll be passing on the Kate Wise series. I'm bored with women who choose to get married, choose to have children, choose to work, and then jump through hoops to juggle all the components of their lives. Here, Kate Wise, in the first 25 pages, continuously laments about leaving her granddaughter for whom she's babysat once. ...more
Agnesv
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disappointing. I read the first book in the series and it was good. Not great, but good. This book was a serious drop in quality. The writing was sloppy, with several fairly substantial editing errors. For example, "'Four kidnappings in the last three weeks,' this man said. 'One is Bethesda, Maryland, two outside of Fredericksburg, Virginia, and the other two in Louisville, Kentucky.'" Five locations are given for four kidnappings. And why "this" man? Why not "the" man? Many ideas/thoughts are ...more
Susanne
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: detectives, 2019
If Blake Pierce ever decides to go for quality instead of quantity I'm sure she'll become a great writer. Sadly she seems to prefer churning out tons of mediocre books.
This one felt rushed, almost like a first draft, with lots of grammar errors, missing words, and other inconsistencies a good editor would have pointed out. It's also terribly superficial and predictable, and it doesn't even pretend to be realistic in describing how FBI agents work.
It's basically a wannabe Criminal Minds episode,
Alfred J. Coscia
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good, But a Little Short

I am fast becoming a fan of Agent Wise and her return to work at the FBI after a brief retirement. This novel was good, but not as much a revelation as the first. I like it, it just seemed like much rehashing of the issues of the first.

On a personal note I have to write that this story has a foster child as the "bad guy". I am a former foster child who saw 15 homes and 2 group home placements. I know many people who are also doing well despite the tremendously broken
Rosemary
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
If She Saw - a review by Rosemary Kenny

Considering she's a former FBI profiler,(turned consultant, in If She Saw, Book 2 in A Kate Wise Mystery series, by Blake Pierce, Kate Wise doesn't seem to have much idea about herself, how she's perceived by others, or how to keep herself from repeating romantic and other mistakes - maybe she's too busy analyzing the 'bad guys'? I also have a 'peeve' about the poor editing as well as the rather stereotypical plot, of a foster child gone 'rogue' - and
Pam
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kate Wise and her partner, DeMarco, are called out for a serial killing when couples are murdered with the same cause of death and the killer leaves behind a certain item at each scene. What do they have in common and what does this item mean to the killer?
This psychological thriller brings Kate Wise choices in her personal life that are agonizing. How can she be fulfilled as an agent and mentor and balance that with being a grandmother and lover? Kate isn’t perfect as much as her past might
Lori
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Two couples are savagely murdered and a clue found at both scenes seems to link them. Kate Wise, a retired FBI agent is called upon to help with the investigation. This was certainly an easy read and moved along at a good pace but I wrestled with whether I liked the main character or not. I suppose one could say she treats juggling family and career as most men can and do, but as a grandma it left me a bit cold. Having said that I understand that I am reprimanding Kate for a huge double
Julia Walker
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kat and her fellow agent DeMarco, a woman who has only been in the field for a few years, take on the case of the serial killer in Virginia. As the story goes there are 5 people who have been brutally killed but no apparent connection between them, 2 couples and a single career woman. There is one thing left at each crime scene that links the killings and that itself is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. The two women work well together establishing a partnership without much ...more
Erick
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
If She Saw, by Blake Pierce, is a great novel. This thrilling mystery book contains twists and turns that you never would've expected! This book was a great read and a great addition to the first book, "If She Knew". The book felt very interesting and had me hooked in multiple ways! I.E. the blue cloth, which the significance of is revealed only at the end of the book. I wanted to read more just to find out what it had to do with the murders! Very compelling and had me very satisfied with the ...more
John
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story starts where the last one left off. Kate is semi-retired, but on call to the FBI. She is babysitting her granddaughter when she gets a call that she needs to go to a killing. She reluctantly calls her daughter and then prepares to go.

She is once again teamed with DeMarco and together they proceed sifting through evidence to find a clue to who is responsible. A piece of evidence ties all three killings together and lead to a possible connection to the victims. In their search, Kate
Cassandra Struble
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Another intriguing Kate Wise mystery!! I love how it continues giving more insight into Kate's life, and how she is going to balance her work and home life. The case she is on this time has her looking back into an old case of hers and reminds her of how much she really missed her job. Kate is also trying to learn more about her partner. I really like how when you get to the climax of the book, the author is able to describe everything in a way that makes the whole scene seem so real. I cannot ...more
Susan Pratt
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast Paced, Entertaining

The concept of being an FBI agent and a new grandmother simultaneously is certainly a “novel” one to me. But then, “Why not?”
The adventures of FBI agent Kate Wise are juxtaposed with the family life her retirement finally brings. Could she do both? She is pulled in both directions by ties to her life’s work and by her daughter, resentful of Kate’s job.
Hmmmm.
Cindyann
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Audio
I'd love to give this a higher rating if only because the lead character is 56 and not a doddering old fool! She's a retired FBI agent who is 'helping' out but still kicking it. The story was going along quite nicely when..bam! Have the suspect, proved the crime, bam! Done. I may go back and read the first book in the series (honesty, what is up with that? This is probably my 3rd..4th? book 2 over book 1 read without realizing it..ugh)
Chris
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I actually enjoyed this book more than the first in the series. Not enough to make me want to continue reading more of them. But that's my thing............ I don't like reading the same character over and over again because authors have to explain them in EVERY SINGLE BOOK they are in, in case that's the first time you are reading a story with this character in it! All in all it was a good novel. Happy reading!
Sharon Fuhrman
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Kate Wise book2

The story line is over used and too predictable. Both books 1 and 2 are in serious need of a good editor. I simply don't understand published material that contains typographical and/or grammatical errors. It's disappointing to say the least.

Character development is excellent. The approach to the issues the story presents is very good. I just think Blake Pierce is a more creative writer than this series shows.
Cheryl Carpenter
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I’m enjoying this as a new-to-me series. They are a bit simplistic and repetitive. A bit like if Debbie Macomber wrote a police procedural. The upside is that we finally have a heroine where the woman is mature and “of a certain age”, handling some new stages in life. The downside is that reading about becoming a “mature woman of a certain age” can be a bit of a downer as I approach that age! Lol.
Stillgrowing
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love this author’s work and you can see by past reviews that I’ve given her 4 stars for the other books I’ve read. Unfortunately there was a story element that was in direct conflict with something stated in book one of this series. Due to the fact that it was mentioned so many times I was unable to get over my frustration and irritation with it, hence the two stars. Other than that I did enjoy the story line and the characters.
Jodi Pomerleau
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a short story..only 200 pages, but it should have been a lot shorter....there were so many pages dedicated to driving from one place to another that I got annoyed. I'm not a detective, but it seemed pretty obvious to me right from the start the significance of the fabric. It really should not have taken them any time to figure that out. I like Kate and DeMarco. That is about the only saving grace for this story. 3 stars for characters. 2 stars for story.
Patty
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner

I do not believe I have read a bad book by Blake Pierce. This one will draw you in and not let up till the last page. This killer has a very warped view on why he has to kill. Agents Wise and DeMarco are not sure what direction to take their investigation. They pray they can save the next victims. Kate has to make some big decisions regarding retirement and still help the FBI. If you are a fan of police procedural books this should be on your list.
Kat
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book, ice character development for Kate and her partner DeMarco. I like the friendship and synchronicity between them. Good psychology into the criminal mind and killer, which I really enjoy. I also like the fact that the author’s main character isn’t a 23 year old, but a very experienced agent in both the FBI and life, even though, like all of us, she’s trying to find balance and happiness.
Linda
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good Read//

I like this author. This book was fast paced with no despicable filler. A serial killer is on the loose, and Kate Wise and DeMarco, her partner, have to figure out who the perp is and catch him before he kills victims eight and nine. The author needs to check the grammar. Otherwise, the author's writing mechanics were good.

Thank you, Blake Pierce, for a good read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Girls Across The Bay (Knox and Sheppard, #1)
  • The Girl Who Ran Away (A McClintock-Carter Crime Thriller #4; The Girl Who Ran Trilogy #1)
  • Echo (Kate Redman Mysteries, #6)
  • Death Report (The Sergeant Brad Braun Series, #1)
  • Roadkill
  • No Place to Vanish (Murder in the Keys, #2)
  • Creed (Kate Redman Mysteries, #7)
  • Tin Men
  • Zodiac Killers Box Set (Zodiac Killers #1-3)
  • In the Line of Duty (Madison Knight, #7)
  • Dangerous Places (Leah Nash Mysteries #3)
  • Almost Gone (The Au Pair—Book One)
  • Hey You, Pretty Face (DC Jack Rutherford #1)
  • Death on the Diversion (Secret Sleuth #1)
  • The Mind's Eye
  • Secrets & Lies (Lies #4)
  • Remnants (Brandon Fisher FBI, #6)
  • Fatal Lies (Lies #2)
Blake Pierce is author of the bestselling RILEY PAGE mystery series, which includes seven books (and counting). Blake Pierce is also the author of the MACKENZIE WHITE mystery series, comprising four books (and counting); of the AVERY BLACK mystery series, comprising four books (and counting); and of the new KERI LOCKE mystery series.

An avid reader and lifelong fan of the mystery and thriller

Kate Wise Mystery (7 books)
  • If She Knew (Kate Wise Mystery #1)
  • If She Ran (Kate Wise Mystery #3)
  • If She Hid (Kate Wise Mystery #4)
  • If She Fled (Kate Wise Mystery #5)
  • If She Feared (Kate Wise Mystery #6)
  • If She Heard (Kate Wise Mystery #7)
“anything, it made her anxious; why put the time and energy into planting something if you were working against the weather to make sure it stayed alive?” 0 likes