Start by marking “Best Year Ever” as Want to Read:
Best Year Ever

Best Year Ever

ebook
Published December 18th 2018 by Ivy Smoak

To ask other readers questions about Best Year Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Year Ever

Start your review of Best Year Ever
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

If you're a fan of Ivy Smoak's The Hunted: The Complete Series the way I am, then you already know and probably love, Melissa, Penny's best friend. Have you ever wanted to know how her first meeting with Josh was? Where she met him? What he was like? Wanted to know her POV from the time when Penny first met James aka Professor Hunter? If so, then you're in luck, because Best Year Ever gives us all those things. It's a tiny taste of things to come, and leaves you dying to know more. Even if y
Ivy Smoak
Dec 02, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Grab your copy today: https://www.ivysmoak.com/books/best-y...

Blurb: My best friend Penny and I made a pact that this is going to be our best year ever. So naturally it has to come true.

Truth be told, we’ve started off the semester a little shaky. Penny may have accidentally fallen in love with her professor. I know, how awkward, right? And I may have accidentally fallen in love with a complete stranger. And by accidentally I mean I stalked him. What? Sue me. I’m the one that’s going to be a la
Jesicca
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I got a Advance Copy of Best year ever and I loved it. The only down fall I can say about this book is it was to short and I want more or Melissa and Josh! I have asked for this book from Ivy since I first read Temptation almost 3 years ago. With everything Ivy writes I fall more in love with these characters! I loved Melissa when I first read Temptation and wanted more of Josh because we only got glimpses of him in the hunted series. I love Melissa and Joshes love story and I absolutely fell ...more
Renee
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the publisher/author to review.

My best friend Penny and I mad a pact that this is going to be our best year ever. So naturally it has to come true. Truth be told, we've started off the semester a little shaky. Penny may have accidentally fallen in love with her professor. I now, how awkward, right? And I may have accidentally fallen in love with a complete stranger. And by accidently I mean stalked him. What? Sue me. I'm the one that's going to be a lawyer one
litljen
*** I received an advanced copy and chose to review it ***
** 100% spoiler-free review **
* 4 stars *

Best Year Ever is a super short novella connected to Ivy Smoak's The Hunted Series. While it is interconnected, it can be read as a standalone. It focuses on Melissa, Penny's best friend and roommate and it takes place at the time that Penny meets James (Professor Hunter). We get Melissa's point of view and we see her first meet Josh. The story was veeeeeeeeerrrry short and while I wish it was long
Joy Roberts
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best year ever!

Melissa and Penny were opposites but clicked. They have a strong bond. Depending on each other for support. Both are going through a break up and they are trying to recover from it. Melissa was seeing Conner in high school. She has big dreams and he wants her to stay put. She leaves him. On summer break her last day at home she runs into Conner and his fiancé. She doesn’t show it but she is hurt. Penny is hooked on Austin. She has called him left him messages. She came back to sch
Shailyn Hoffman
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a short story! This story really made me like Melissa even more. I'm only sad that it is a short story 😢. U see a side of her that really makes u feel for the girl. She's stronger than I thought. And don't get me started with Josh! Wow he is smooth.

"I laughed as he grabbed my hand and spin me in a circle. And another. And another. I was dizzy when he pulled me back against his chest. But not because of the twirling. Because of him. I kept laughing until his lips collided with mine."

Make
Ruth Moore
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shortest year ever

This is the backstory of Penny and James’ beginning. Melissa, penny’s roommate, tells their initial encounters from her point of view. The novel fleshes out a character critical to Penny’s and James’ relationship; I was delighted to have more info on Mellisa and on her relationship with Josh. My only quibble is that it is toooo short - I wanted details thru at least Halloween of their best year ever. More please!
Janet Taggart Baldwin
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novella gives us another glimpse into the Hunted series. It is Melissa's story when she met Josh and gives her POV of Penny and Professor Hunter's first meeting. This was such a fun perspective to read and I hope we will have more coming. I love Ivy's writing and everything she writes is such a joy to read.
Angelina
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love!!! I'm obsessed with this world that Ivy Smoak has created. I've always loved Melissa, so it's no surprise that I was super excited when this book came out. It gives us a different point of view of the time where Penny and James just met. I really hope there are more Melissa books to come, I don't ever want this world to end!
C.Y.
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute story about side characters from the “Hunted Series”. I always liked Melissa as Penny’s best friend and roommate. We don’t learn much about Josh until later on in the series, and even then it’s such a little part of him. It was nice to read this story and find out what a nice guy he was and how much he liked Melissa.
Pam
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best Year Ever is by Ivy Smoak. This is actually a prequel to Penny and James’ story; but it is told by her roommate instead of by Penny. That way you get a different view of the same action. It also tells what the roommate is doing while Penny and James are flirting in class. The book is fun to read and is fast
Lilsizzy
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pure and Simple

Pure and simple - love. Melissa and Josh sure started out great here. He really wanted to get to know her with it not just being a one night stand. Swoon 😊 Reading thru the other books they definitely has a beautiful love story. Ivy you need to write a complete story about the two.
Tina
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad they gave a little story about Melissa and josh it was very nice because they did it on everybody else

1 night Joshua Melissa and a little love story and it was cool short cool guess it was all right here we could wait to see some more love acre Something else she written This was pretty good
Shaunette
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick light hearted feel good read. Our introduction to Josh and Melissa is fun, sweet and puts a smile on your face. Gives a better understanding of the strength of Penny and Melissa’s friendship and what makes Melissa and Josh’s relationship something special 😊
Nanci
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
This story give you an idea of what Melissa was thinking during the Penny and James beginning. Its cute and if you haven't read it yet you should! especially if you like all the Hunter books and want more of the world that is Penny and James!!
Susan Hamann
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Melissa and Penny are college roommates. They are both trying to get over breakups when they start a new year at college. Both run into interesting men on campus. One of them is very taken with another student. The other is interested in a man who turns out to be one of her professors.
Cathy
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frustrating

That's it? Come on I was just getting into Josh and Melissa! Why did you end it? They need a real story on their journey, don't you think? UGH! I am disappointed as all get out.
Beth C.
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great spin off

What a wonderful alternate POV of Penny and Melissa’s first week of sophomore year! And wow, that connection Melissa had with Josh instantly! Magic!
This is such a wonderful series of interrelated books! Just gonna keep binging!
Merris
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was interesting to get Melissa story, but just as I was getting into the book it ended. For me it was more of a short story but I really loved it and wish there was more.
Stephanie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love reading Melissa's story as it parallels Penny's. Melissa's relationship with her mom is amazing.
Just One More Chapter
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
ARC Review

Another great Ivy book. I absolutely loved reading a book from Melissa's point of view. They only downfall was the book was short.
Jennifer Richey
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet short story telling Melissa’s side when she first met josh & we see hot professor hunter and some more characters surprise us! I laughed even teared up loved it! ...more
melissa tackett
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ivy is always amazing.
Veronica
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally loved this story. I really enjoyed seeing what was happening with Melissa the same time that Penny and Professor Hunter were seeing each other.
chad
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where’s the sequel?

This book was so good. So refreshing and sadly short! I loved the chemistry. Surprised that no sequel is out!
Carla
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great short story. I loved seeing this told from Melissa's side. It was also so great hearing how her and Josh connected from the beginning! I'd love to have more of their story! ♥️
Di OBRIEN
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good short story bonus to The Hunted Series. Told from Melissa's POV, it can be read before or after Book 1 and gives some background on Melissa and tells the story of how she and Josh began.
Rosalinda
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet

I really enjoyed this read. The only downside was that I wanted to see how their love story progressed. I totally love Melissa and Josh!
Hope Craddock
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need more

I loved it I wish it would have kept going I have read a bunch of books by Ivy Smoak she is my favorite author!!

• The Lancaster Brothers: A Complete Billionaire Romance Series (3-Book Box Set)
  • Breaking Rules (The Scottish Billionaire #2)
  • Stolen Heart (The Hearts of Sawyers Bend Book 1)
  • Mending Fate (The Scottish Billionaire #3)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Under His Control: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Truth (Betrothed #10)
  • The Counterfeit Billionaire (Scandals of the Bad Boy Billionaires Book 10)
  • The Devil's Angels MC - Gunner (The Devil's Angels MC, #1)
  • Unraveled (Untangled #1)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Ravaged (His For A Week, #2)
  • Titan's Addiction (Wall Street Titan, #2)
  • This Love Hurts
  • Seductive
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • The Billionaire's Angel (Scandals of the Bad Boy Billionaires Book 7)
  • The Contract (Convenience, #2)
Ivy Smoak is the international bestselling author of The Hunted series. When she's not writing, you can find her binge watching too many TV shows, taking long walks, playing outside, and generally refusing to act like an adult. She lives with her husband in Delaware. Learn more about Ivy on:

Amazonhttp://bit.ly/IvySmoakAMZ
Facebookhttp://bit.ly/IvySmoakFacebook
Instagramhttp://bit.ly/IvySmoa

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...