Start by marking “Beyond Paradise (Paradise, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Paradise (Paradise, #1)

Beyond Paradise

(Paradise #1)

Jonny Vallone, the dark, brooding owner of Manhattan nightclub, Beyond Paradise, doesn’t need any more complications in his life, or women. Then savvy con artist Cheryl Benson, barges into his office and spits out a confession that would make most men run for cover.

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Paradise

Start your review of Beyond Paradise (Paradise, #1)
Coco.V
Feb 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/11/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

Cheryl’s fast-paced, out-of-control life is closing in, and her only hope against a ruthless crime boss is bad boy Jonny and his powerful connections. Her knight in black Brioni has a body ma
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

A view into Mobster life, Cheryl was no stranger to a hard life she tried her best to look after her brother, but he was in and out of jail for petty things. She was trying to get them both away from this area, but things don't always work out as planned. She was in a relationship with a lowlife gambler, Nicky and wanted out of that too. She worked in a seedy dirty club, but Nicky had taught her the art of pick pocketing the punters. All her money went to him but she always managed
Amy V
Other than the too many to be a coincidence similarities between the main character Jonny and the character of Sonny in ABC's General Hospital this was a great story
Chloe Mae
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
InD'tale Magazine
This steamy romance that brings two broken people together is difficult to put down.

Read full review in the 2019 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Leonara Golosa
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fast Burn Romantic Adventures fans
Recommended to Leonara by: booksprouts
I was so happy when I started this book to discover that it was that romantic rarity, a rescue based fast burn. Also, the liberal use of street language in all it's raw power helps supercharge the story. If you're looking for a tale couched in thee, thou, by your leave, and other obsolete courtly language, this is not a book for you (clean historical romances are over thataway).
Cheryl receives Jonny's card when he discovers that the beautiful lady was with a heinous boyfriend. They part after he
An
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book started off very well. It had a good plot, an excellent cast of characters and a great setting.
Cheryl is a grifter that is experiencing the not so high life due to her partner in crime and life, having addiction issues.
She meets bad boy Jonny when he is running an errand for his employer. They are both instantly drawn to each other. But Cheryl is with Nicky and very loyal, but knows something has to change.

After a tragic event Cheryl seeks out Jonny for help and their attraction only g
Annetta Sweetko
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beyond Paradise centers on the darkly sexy owner of the club by that name Jonny Vallone and a lovely con by the name of Cheryl Benson. He's brooding knight in not quite shiny armor and she has trouble in spades. The perfect match, if they can stay ahead of the bad guys long enough to just live.

Both characters have a lot of baggage, but they can't seem to resist each other. It felt as if they needed to find each other but you aren't sure if the bad guys and past bad decisions will let them love e
Jamie Peterson
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first book by this author and there were things that I liked and disliked, as with all books, but in the end, my rating is mostly a matter of personal preference.

I did like the author's writing style and liked it enough that I would read another book by the same author. I did like the overall idea of the story, the HEA, the fact that it isn't part of a series, thankfully, and mostly enjoyed the characters.

I didn't like the fact that it seemed to drag on a little bit, but mostly the ch
lf
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Beyond Paradise

Beyond Paradise is the first book I have read by Barbara Nolan so I was not sure what to expect. The book description looked like it could be an exciting and a wild steamy sexy thrill. There were parts of the book that were definitely that way but here were also some things that I did not relate to and just rolled my eyes at as they either did not make sense or were quite predictable. But there were some nice hot and very steamy parts which were nicely written.
Overall this was a m
Michele
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Beyond Paradise dives into the hard worlds of Cheryl Benson, a young con and thief, and Jonny Vallone, a club owner that is beholden to Frank Barnett, crime king of Bensonhurst. Cheryl wants to break free from her controlling boyfriend, but finds herself caught in an awful web and turns to Jonny. Their romance is intense! The author’s descriptive writing is wonderful, and the exploration into the characters inner world is interesting, but the dialogue was often simple and cheesy, so it took away ...more
Stephanie
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Growing up is difficult but growing up on the streets with no parents is damn near impossible unless you have a mentor who takes you in. Johny and Cheryl both had shitty childhood and grew up on the streets. They both had found someone to save them from the streets. It wasn't until fate and shitty job task that brought Johny to meet Cheryl. This is by no means a soft romance. Be prepared for unexpected twists and turns. Be prepared for hot hot sparks between Johny and Cheryl. This is a definite ...more
Lady Grey
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Entertaining and wildly exciting the book is definitely a page turner and will leave you wanting more of Johnny and Cheryl’s story.

An enjoyable and captivating well written suspenseful and romantic story. It included lots of adventures.

It is a thrilling ride of Cheryl; and Johnny's adventures and ties. As the two try to unravel their ties to the boss, it puts them both in more danger and the harder they fight against it, the more dangerous it becomes. They have to trust each other,
BP34
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Be warned, Jonny and Cheryl will set your Kindle on fire and steam up your life. Both have shady pasts that they're trying to get away from. Their passion is explosive and their chemistry is off the charts. They will take you on an emotional roller coaster as they travel the country. No shortage of drama, suspense or twists. I read this book as an arc via Hidden Gems and voluntarily chose to review.
Tania
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book it was great, the story was well written and the characters are interesting. Eddie own the elite nightclub in Manhattan, his wealthy, hot muscular body, blonde hair blue eyes and fights I in the underground. Paige comes from a wealthy hotel chain and wants to update the nightclubs, can she get Eddie to help.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

No Dammit
😴how to kill a story

This book frustrated me. It was bland and filled with so many cliches. The adult scenes were unimaginative and ridiculous. There is supposed to be passion between these two characters but it is not conveyed to the reader.

This is another girl meets boy, boy inserts here, and everyone is in love. 😒 I would not waste my time or money. I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.
Judy
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, fast pace, read.

Excellent, fast pace, tension filled read. Characters well developed and had a lot to overcome to achieve their HEA. Looking forward to read more by this author.
Tiffany Faw
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun sexy read. Well thought out story that didn't bog you down with the ins and outs of the club scene. The characters were fun and well paired. Would love to see a sequel written.
I received this book for an honest review.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It was fast paced and flowed nicely. The turn of events were done beautifully and the ending was terrific!

Tracey Tranter
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a great romance. There was a good combination of both heat and suspense with a little bit of life reality mixed in and a happy ever after.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book for Hidden Gems
Pat
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be a very enjoyable book with a good storyline and well detailed characters which kept me totally engaged until the very last page!
Thi
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good read.
Lynn
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This book has potential. It took a few pushes for me to finish reading it. It just didn not hold my attention.
Gaynor Jones
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dangerous pursuits

Two people with darker pasts are brought together in this suspensful read. There is lies, deciet, danger intrigue and more. Sizzling chemistry burns up the pages.
Peyton Garver
Beyond Paradise is a gritty, steamy romance filled with tension and suspense. It is set with the changing backdrop of glitzy Manhattan and South Beach night clubs and a seedy dockside dive. The first chapter hooked me but left me with this question: Why would this suave guy, Jonny, fall for some cocktail waitress in a dive bar? It seemed like a disconnect…until I read on, then I totally got their connection. But, deception, fear, betrayal, and manipulation threaten to tear them apart as they are ...more
Lana
Jan 21, 2019
Vanessa
Aug 11, 2019
sandra nusbaum
Apr 17, 2019
Jacqueline Francis
This is a mobster and crime romance. If that is your thing, you may enjoy this book!

I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Amanda
"This steamy romance that brings two broken people together is difficult to put down!"
Check out the rest of my review at:

• Black Edge (Black Edge, #1)
  • Space in His Heart
  • Lethal Game (GhostWalkers, #16)
  • Hit List (Stone Barrington, #53)
  • Three Alpha Romeo
  • The Vixen and the Vet (A Modern Fairytale #1)
  • My Best Friend, the Billionaire (The Billionaire Kings #1)
  • SEAL Defender (Brothers in Arms #1)
  • Mr. Pink (The Case Brothers, #1)
  • Protecting Ainsley (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Search and Rescue Book 1)
  • Off Her Game (The Game Lords #1)
  • A Brahminy Sunrise
  • Sam Harris Boxset 1-3
  • Rock House Grill (Impact Series #1)
  • A Major Attraction (Good to Go, #1)
  • One Night Boxed Set
  • Marked Skulls MC Series: Books 1-5
  • It's Only Love (Green Mountain, #5)
Barbara Nolan has enjoyed writing most of her life. She became serious about her craft over the last five years.
Coming a bit late to the game, Barbara made up for lost time by acquiring her Certificate in Creative Writing from NYU and devouring any and all webinars and online courses available.
She's also had the help and influence of many talented professors and editors along the way.
Her passion

Paradise (2 books)
  • Dangerous Paradise (Paradise, #2)