Start by marking “Stuck with You” as Want to Read:
Stuck with You

Stuck with You

Two clashing colleagues stuck together for Christmas--will opposites eventually attract?

Patrick has been single since he broke up with his cheating ex almost a year ago. With Christmas looming, he's resigned to spending it alone with only memories of happier times for company. When a business trip with a co-worker leaves them stranded in the Lake District due to heavy sn
Published November 21st 2018 by Jaybird Press

To ask other readers questions about Stuck with You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stuck with You

Start your review of Stuck with You
Judith
4 Stars.

Take two co workers who apparently can't stand each other,a blizzard which leaves them stranded in a sleepy village in the beautiful Lake District,some delightful residents and you have a charming Christmas story.

Patrick isn't looking forward to spending Christmas alone but the last thing he was expecting was to spend it with Kyle but that's exactly what happens when Kyle's car breaks down a fewstory.
Patrickclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Take
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Patrick and Kyle are new colleagues, but there's no love lost between them.

Patrick is messy to Kyle's orderly. He's seven years older than Kyle and despises Grindr, of which Kyle seems inordinately fond.

Kyle is snarky, high maintenance, and flirty. Patrick is not.

Patrick dresses for the weather. Kyle does not.

On the surface, the men are nothing alike, but they've both been betrayed; they understand hurt and loneliness.

When they get snowed in on a business tr
Jay Northcote
Oct 30, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
This is my 2018 Christmas novella. It came in a little longer than usual at 53,000 words, which wasn't super convenient given that life stuff meant I ran really close to my deadline. But the characters needed those extra words to get their shit together.

After a panicked start, I enjoyed writing this one. I've never written a story where the characters argue so much before, so it was challenging but a lot of fun. The enemies-to-lovers trope was a new one for me to tackle, and I feel l
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Not my favorite Jay Northcote read. I just didn’t find Kyle very likable.

The transition from enemies to lovers was done pretty well.

The spanking was....interesting.

I don’t know, it was okay. I liked it but I didn’t love it.
Ky
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

I usually avoid stories where the characters are trapped together and by the time they are free again they have found true love forever, but for this one I had to make an exception because of the author.

I'm always enjoying Jay Northcote's stories and this one didn't disappoint. For some reason, even though everything happened in less than a week, it didn't feel rushed or like I was reading an insta-love story. It's worth mentioning here that we also have an enemies-to-lovers trope
Cadiva
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This festive romance is as hot as the cover but also a superbly paced frenemies to lovers trope with the added bonus of a Christmas stranded together plot.

I loved prickly Mrs Wilcox, she of the mostly finished available to rent pigsty, and Mike the village shopkeeper with the kind of welcome which is often found in small villages.

The Lake District setting was a subtle one and it again worked well as the location for two disparate people to get stuck together and realise t
.Lili.
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
-Enemies to lovers
-Forced proximity
-Some naughty spanking
-Opposites attract

All the things that I love, but I didn't connect with. Stuck with You by Jay Northcote was just okay for me.

As for the characters, I did like Patrick; I had a hard time with Kyle. There was something about his personality that made him across as a bit of a turd. It took most of the book to warm up to him, and by the time I did, it was a little too late.

The relationship development had a nice pace; it didn't f
Adam
Some feuding-colleagues-to-lovers with a side of kink and holiday feels? Yes please!

description

Since breaking things off with his cheating ex, Patrick has been living a lonely life. To make matters worse, he has to put up with his annoying younger mentee.

Kyle is the opposite of Patrick - an outgoing party animal who prefers hookups over relationships. He knows Patrick finds him annoying, but he finds his tigh
Ariana
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, age-gap, ku, lgbtq
*4,5 stars*

That was such a delight!

I loved everything about this:

Patrick and Kyle are colleagues, with Patrick being 7 years older and Kyle's mentor (it is a mini 'age gap' but I liked it.)
Patrick sees Kyle as a spoilt child and hates his Grindr habit.
Kyle thinks Patrick is stuck up and boring.
So no wonder they don't get on. Until they get suck in snow and ice in a small village in the Lake District in the north of England.

I enjoyed the scenario
Amy
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall I enjoyed Stuck With You. Jay has an easy-to-read writing style that I love.

But I did find Kyle very hard to warm up to. He was a bit of a brat, and not in the cute playful way. He came off as a conceited party boy who spends too much time on Grindr. I didn't really understand what Patrick saw in him. Once he let his guard down, I grew to like him a little more.

Jay did a great job moving Kyle and Patrick from enemies to lovers. Throw in a wise old woman from next door, her l
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

From the first chapters, the animosity between Kyle and Patrick intrigued me. Patrick is Kyle’s mentor at their job, and the slightly older man is the responsible type—very serious and focused. Kyle, on the other hand, is good at his job but dresses a bit more outlandishly, flirts, and seems to take life a lot more lightly than Patrick. When the two get stuck in the snow on their way back fro
Eugenia
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Awkward....2.5 Stars......

Well, I wanted to like this story. I was ready to like this story. Enemy to lovers? Sign me up! Snowed in? Excellent! Spanking? Even better!

The thing is....I didn't like the story. Something about it was off. Something about it it was solidly "meh." Like a day old ham and mayo sandwich. It's probably OK, the mayo might dodgy, but overall definitely underwhelming.

I didn't feel a connection between the characters. Their fights and banter were not entertaining.
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
4.5 ⭐
Give me an enemies to lovers story with HEA and I am a very, very happy person! 😍
This story is light, easy and sweet just like a Christmas novel should be! I am a big fan of this author and this story didn't disappoint me!
Recommend
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Very, very sweet book :-)!! Definitely recommended!!
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
★★★★ — 4 Stars!

I enjoyed this novel. The Hate-to-Love trope is one of my favorite tropes and I think it was well executed in this novel. I enjoyed all of the characters except there was a portion where one of the characters wanted to play victim as if they didn’t do anything wrong when they did. And they never apologized for it. So for that reason I’m giving it four stars instead of five.
Lyndy Ann ♫
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 ❄❄❄❄❄ snowflakes

Reading Jay Northcote Christmas stories has become a Christmas tradition for me, this is my third December falling in love with some wonderful stories and Stuck with You is my favourite Christmas read this month.

Stuck with You was a wonderful surprise for me, I did not know what to expect with Patrick and Kyle being colleagues who disliked each other so much.

I loved getting to know Patrick and Kyle with all their bickering making this a refreshing change from in
Sheri
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are many things that I look forward to during the holidays and Jay’s annual story is most definitely one of them. Every year a new gift is delivered and this was another fantastic addition to his Christmas collection. This round we have a delicious dose of stark opposites and temptation that’s bound to catch fire. Which is a blessing since we’re snowed in. Patrick has been training his younger colleague at work and it hasn’t been going so well. They bicker and banter all day long. Which co ...more
Joyfully Jay
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: elizabeth
A Joyfully Jay review.

This is the sort of cozy Christmas story that warms the cockles of my heart. It’s charming and cute with enough snark and steam to keep the sweetness from being cloying. I think the author managed to evoke the feeling of being snug in a warm cabin while the world outside is covered in knee deep snow and the crankly old woman turned out to be a gentle matchmaker without being either a cliche or a joke.

Patrick and Kyle are very much oposites. Patrick’s
Emily Seelye
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, m-m, holiday
When Kyle’s car breaks down 2 days before Christmas, he and his coworker are stranded together until they are able to find someone to fix it. Over the course of 4 days, they give into their attraction, start seeing each other in a new light, and decide to try a relationship.

This was sexy, kinky (they discover a mutual love of spankings), and sweet. Apart from taking part over the Yule holiday, it’s embodies the spirit of Christmas, when a stranger offers them a room, and they pay her back by he
Maria
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn’t fall into this stranded coworkers story. I wasn’t a fan of Kyle, who I found to be somewhat of a jerk, for whatever the reason. I also thought it was too long.

Now, my grouchiness aside, it is still Jay and the writing is exceptional.

Pick your poison as they say. 🎄👍
⚣Michaelle⚣
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday, lgbt, m-m-romance
3.7 Stars

Started off promising, got awkward, but finished strong. Liked it more than I thought I would given that middle section.
BR11
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 and 1/2 stars. Good enemies to lovers with a mild kink.
Entertaining and free with Kindle Unlimited.
Apolishedreader
3.5 stars for enemies to lovers, forced proximity, Dex (the dog), spanking, and wood chopping.

I wasn't a fan of Kyle at first, I was very slow to warm up to him. In the end, I was happy with the book, but it wasn't my favorite Jay Northcote. I really enjoyed the epilogue though!
Jenny Wood
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Hot cover!
With our first snowfall coming down right now here in the Midwest, and Christmas right around the corner, I figured this one would be perfect. Co-workers who can’t stand each other, but secretly attracted to one another… uhm, yes please…. But, let’s discuss.
Patrick and Kyle are forced on a business trip together when their boss is fed up with their back and forth. I get it though, these guys are night and day. Patrick is a year off of a betrayal by his fiancé and though he knows
Kirstin
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Patrick and Kyle made a great enemies to lovers romance!

Patrick is a few years older than Kyle and has been assigned to be his mentor at work. They've done nothing but argue and drive each other crazy and everyone has noticed, including the boss. So, of course, he sends them on an overnight business trip together where they get snowed in.

It's a comical tale for sure. When Kyle throws out that he knows Patrick has been eyeing him for months and is rebuffed, he is embarrass
Funzee Shu
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018

This is my first Christmassy theme book I read this year.

I’m so glad that this book become my very first! It’s definitely become a great opening to many holidays theme book following the season.

The story successfully caught me right from the start. The dynamic between the two main characters are mixtures of annoying and sweet at the same time.
Both Patrick and Kyle are way to stubborn to confess that what they feels during their moment together is more than just a Christmas fling, thanks God there’s Mrs. Wilcox w
Lelyana
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, from-author, mm, arc, holiday
I always love Jay's stories, especially when it comes to holiday seasons! This is sweet, adorable, and super hot, in the middle of a cold winter. Stuck with someone you don't even like, felt like disaster for both of Patrick and Kyle. Turns out, that they must. So, why not make the most of it, at least for temporary. A truce won't hurt after all.
But then something's growing, the hate became more 'heat', and it's too late to restrain.
I loved every minutes reading this, I loved how Jay
Elizabeth
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this author. The writing is on point to me and the ability to make us see deep into the heart of character gets me every time. Another solid book with an enemy to lovers theme. Very sweet wrap up in the HEA as well.
Annie Elm
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
When you're snowed in and stuck together in a room with just one bed with your annoying co-worker, what do you do?

Patrick has been mentoring the new trainee sales rep Kyle for a while and the tension and irritation between them has been growing. Then a trip for work and a snow storm forces them together and makes them see each other in a different light.

It's a great mix of enemies to lovers, sweet and sexy and if you've been nice you might just be treated a bit naughty.
LauraSt
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Happy happy Christmas story

Patrick and Kyle were simply perfect. I was so enamored with this Christmas story! I was hooked right after the first chapter, I just adored this!
Warning: deliciously kinky guys and their toys
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Love Happens Anyway
  • Rejoice, Dammit
  • Desperately Seeking Santa
  • The Winter Spirit
  • Summerfield's Angel (The Christmas Angel, #2)
  • Mr. Winterbourne's Christmas (Winterbourne, #2)
  • Goldilocks and the Bear
  • Santa Baby (Minnesota Christmas #4)
  • Snowball's Chance (Ice and Snow Christmas #3)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Shrewd Angel
  • Regret Me Not
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
I don't hang out on Goodreads much, so if you'd like to connect with me then Twitter, Facebook or an email is usually best :) All my contact details are on my website.

Jay lives just outside Bristol in the West of England. He comes from a family of writers, but always used to believe that the gene for fiction writing had passed him by. He spent years only ever writing emails, articles, or website