Start by marking “Stuck with You” as Want to Read:
Stuck with You

Stuck with You

Two clashing colleagues stuck together for Christmas--will opposites eventually attract?

Patrick has been single since he broke up with his cheating ex almost a year ago. With Christmas looming, he's resigned to spending it alone with only memories of happier times for company. When a business trip with a co-worker leaves them stranded in the Lake District due to heavy sno
Published November 21st 2018 by Jaybird Press

To ask other readers questions about Stuck with You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stuck with You

Start your review of Stuck with You
Judith
4 Stars.

Take two co workers who apparently can't stand each other,a blizzard which leaves them stranded in a sleepy village in the beautiful Lake District,some delightful residents and you have a charming Christmas story.

Patrick isn't looking forward to spending Christmas alone but the last thing he was expecting was to spend it with Kyle but that's exactly what happens when Kyle's car breaks down a few days before Christmas on their way back from a work meeting.It seems 'there's no room at the
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Patrick and Kyle are new colleagues, but there's no love lost between them.

Patrick is messy to Kyle's orderly. He's seven years older than Kyle and despises Grindr, of which Kyle seems inordinately fond.

Kyle is snarky, high maintenance, and flirty. Patrick is not.

Patrick dresses for the weather. Kyle does not.

On the surface, the men are nothing alike, but they've both been betrayed; they understand hurt and loneliness.

When they get snowed in on a business trip, they make do with wine, cheese,
Jay Northcote
Oct 30, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
This is my 2018 Christmas novella. It came in a little longer than usual at 53,000 words, which wasn't super convenient given that life stuff meant I ran really close to my deadline. But the characters needed those extra words to get their shit together.

After a panicked start, I enjoyed writing this one. I've never written a story where the characters argue so much before, so it was challenging but a lot of fun. The enemies-to-lovers trope was a new one for me to tackle, and I feel like I gave i
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Not my favorite Jay Northcote read. I just didn’t find Kyle very likable.

The transition from enemies to lovers was done pretty well.

The spanking was....interesting.

I don’t know, it was okay. I liked it but I didn’t love it.
Ky
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

I usually avoid stories where the characters are trapped together and by the time they are free again they have found true love forever, but for this one I had to make an exception because of the author.

I'm always enjoying Jay Northcote's stories and this one didn't disappoint. For some reason, even though everything happened in less than a week, it didn't feel rushed or like I was reading an insta-love story. It's worth mentioning here that we also have an enemies-to-lovers trope (ok
Cadiva
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This festive romance is as hot as the cover but also a superbly paced frenemies to lovers trope with the added bonus of a Christmas stranded together plot.

I loved prickly Mrs Wilcox, she of the mostly finished available to rent pigsty, and Mike the village shopkeeper with the kind of welcome which is often found in small villages.

The Lake District setting was a subtle one and it again worked well as the location for two disparate people to get stuck together and realise that opposites attract mo
.Lili.
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
-Enemies to lovers
-Forced proximity
-Some naughty spanking
-Opposites attract

All the things that I love, but I didn't connect with. Stuck with You by Jay Northcote was just okay for me.

As for the characters, I did like Patrick; I had a hard time with Kyle. There was something about his personality that made him across as a bit of a turd. It took most of the book to warm up to him, and by the time I did, it was a little too late.

The relationship development had a nice pace; it didn't feel rushed.
Adam
Some feuding-colleagues-to-lovers with a side of kink and holiday feels? Yes please!

description

Since breaking things off with his cheating ex, Patrick has been living a lonely life. To make matters worse, he has to put up with his annoying younger mentee.

Kyle is the opposite of Patrick - an outgoing party animal who prefers hookups over relationships. He knows Patrick finds him annoying, but he finds his tight-laced mentor equally insufferable.

I thought Kyle was a riot. He’s a total brat, but the kind you
Ariana  (mostly offline)
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, ku, christmas, age-gap
*4,5 stars*

That was such a delight!

I loved everything about this:

Patrick and Kyle are colleagues, with Patrick being 7 years older and Kyle's mentor (it is a mini 'age gap' but I liked it.)
Patrick sees Kyle as a spoilt child and hates his Grindr habit.
Kyle thinks Patrick is stuck up and boring.
So no wonder they don't get on. Until they get suck in snow and ice in a small village in the Lake District in the north of England.

I enjoyed the scenario immensely because I can virtually see that littl
Amy
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall I enjoyed Stuck With You. Jay has an easy-to-read writing style that I love.

But I did find Kyle very hard to warm up to. He was a bit of a brat, and not in the cute playful way. He came off as a conceited party boy who spends too much time on Grindr. I didn't really understand what Patrick saw in him. Once he let his guard down, I grew to like him a little more.

Jay did a great job moving Kyle and Patrick from enemies to lovers. Throw in a wise old woman from next door, her loyal German
Eugenia
Awkward....2.5 Stars......

Well, I wanted to like this story. I was ready to like this story. Enemy to lovers? Sign me up! Snowed in? Excellent! Spanking? Even better!

The thing is....I didn't like the story. Something about it was off. Something about it it was solidly "meh." Like a day old ham and mayo sandwich. It's probably OK, the mayo might dodgy, but overall definitely underwhelming.

I didn't feel a connection between the characters. Their fights and banter were not entertaining. Everything
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

From the first chapters, the animosity between Kyle and Patrick intrigued me. Patrick is Kyle’s mentor at their job, and the slightly older man is the responsible type—very serious and focused. Kyle, on the other hand, is good at his job but dresses a bit more outlandishly, flirts, and seems to take life a lot more lightly than Patrick. When the two get stuck in the snow on their way bac
Resyries
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very, very sweet book :-)!! Definitely recommended!!
Lyndy Ann ♫
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 ❄❄❄❄❄ snowflakes

Reading Jay Northcote Christmas stories has become a Christmas tradition for me, this is my third December falling in love with some wonderful stories and Stuck with You is my favourite Christmas read this month.

Stuck with You was a wonderful surprise for me, I did not know what to expect with Patrick and Kyle being colleagues who disliked each other so much.

I loved getting to know Patrick and Kyle with all their bickering making this a refreshing change from instalove and the
Sheri
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are many things that I look forward to during the holidays and Jay’s annual story is most definitely one of them. Every year a new gift is delivered and this was another fantastic addition to his Christmas collection. This round we have a delicious dose of stark opposites and temptation that’s bound to catch fire. Which is a blessing since we’re snowed in. Patrick has been training his younger colleague at work and it hasn’t been going so well. They bicker and banter all day long. Which co ...more
Joyfully Jay
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: elizabeth
A Joyfully Jay review.

This is the sort of cozy Christmas story that warms the cockles of my heart. It’s charming and cute with enough snark and steam to keep the sweetness from being cloying. I think the author managed to evoke the feeling of being snug in a warm cabin while the world outside is covered in knee deep snow and the crankly old woman turned out to be a gentle matchmaker without being either a cliche or a joke.

Patrick and Kyle are very much oposites. Patrick’s a bit of a sl
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
★★★★ — 4 Stars!

I enjoyed this novel. The Hate-to-Love trope is one of my favorite tropes and I think it was well executed in this novel. I enjoyed all of the characters except there was a portion where one of the characters wanted to play victim as if they didn’t do anything wrong when they did. And they never apologized for it. So for that reason I’m giving it four stars instead of five.
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
4.5 ⭐
Give me an enemies to lovers story with HEA and I am a very, very happy person! 😍
This story is light, easy and sweet just like a Christmas novel should be! I am a big fan of this author and this story didn't disappoint me!
Recommend
⚣Michaelle⚣
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, lgbt, holiday
3.7 Stars

Started off promising, got awkward, but finished strong. Liked it more than I thought I would given that middle section.
Pablito
Jan 12, 2022 rated it really liked it
Delightful Christmas romp of a novella by the dependable Jay Northcote about two co-workers stuck over Christmas in a snow-bound village. Patrick and Kyle have been at each other's throats at work so their boss sends them on a pre-Christmas business trip in the hopes that these opposites will get closer and stop their bickering.

Surprise: They do!
Emily Seelye
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arc, holiday
When Kyle’s car breaks down 2 days before Christmas, he and his coworker are stranded together until they are able to find someone to fix it. Over the course of 4 days, they give into their attraction, start seeing each other in a new light, and decide to try a relationship.

This was sexy, kinky (they discover a mutual love of spankings), and sweet. Apart from taking part over the Yule holiday, it’s embodies the spirit of Christmas, when a stranger offers them a room, and they pay her back by he
Caipi
Two colleagues who can't stand each other get stranded in a small village for the Christmas holidays.
It's a nice read with some cozy moments involving an old lady and her dog.
The romance, a mutual dislike with secret attraction bursting into sex and then a promising relationship, overall felt real. Personally I found the moment they finally gave in to their attraction a bit awkward and later on the misunderstanding overdone.

3.5🎄
Caz
I've given this an A for narration and a B for content at AudioGals.

A snowed-in, forced proximity, enemies-to-lovers romance with snarky flirting, a small dollop of angst and Only One Bed? *rubs hands with glee* Count me in! Jay Northcote’s Stuck With You is a sexy, heart-warming tale about finding love and connection when – and with whom – you least expect it.

Patrick and Kyle work at the same medical supplies firm in the north of England, and Patrick, as a senior member of staff, has been Kyle’
Maria
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn’t fall into this stranded coworkers story. I wasn’t a fan of Kyle, who I found to be somewhat of a jerk, for whatever the reason. I also thought it was too long.

Now, my grouchiness aside, it is still Jay and the writing is exceptional.

Pick your poison as they say. 🎄👍
Guy Venturi
Apr 03, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Hiking in the hills has amazing views

So does spending time together. It takes time and enjoyment of what you are doing together to focus your feelings and emotions on each other instead of yourself.

Repetition with pleasure and understanding bring out the best in each other. It allows focusing on serving each other to build from like to love. But it also requires minor distractions like helping others to really share the feelings of joy and love of being around other people and dogs.

Realizing th
BR11
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 and 1/2 stars. Good enemies to lovers with a mild kink.
Entertaining and free with Kindle Unlimited.
Apolishedreader
3.5 stars for enemies to lovers, forced proximity, Dex (the dog), spanking, and wood chopping.

I wasn't a fan of Kyle at first, I was very slow to warm up to him. In the end, I was happy with the book, but it wasn't my favorite Jay Northcote. I really enjoyed the epilogue though!
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Weeeeellll...

At the end of the book the Author states "I hope you enjoyed the story. If you did, please consider leaving a review."

This is like my get out of jail free card.

I'm a fan of Jay's books but this one was just not one of them and so since I am off the hook, that is all.
Jenny Wood
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Hot cover!
With our first snowfall coming down right now here in the Midwest, and Christmas right around the corner, I figured this one would be perfect. Co-workers who can’t stand each other, but secretly attracted to one another… uhm, yes please…. But, let’s discuss.
Patrick and Kyle are forced on a business trip together when their boss is fed up with their back and forth. I get it though, these guys are night and day. Patrick is a year off of a betrayal by his fiancé and though he knows that
ButtonsMom2003
Audiobook Review:
Overall – 5
Performance – 5
Story – 5

Hamish Long’s audio performances are so good!

I read this book when the ebook first came out back in November 2018 and I liked the story. As has happened for me before, listening to the audiobook made me love the story. Hamish Long is one of my favorite audiobook performers and he does such a fantastic job with Jay Northcote’s titles.

Stuck With You was a fun story to read. Patrick and Kyle are coworkers who grate on each other and don't get alon
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Christmas Deal (Festive Fakes #1)
  • Mr. Jingle Bells (Home for the Holidays, #3)
  • Cabin Fever
  • Merry Cherry Christmas
  • The Christmas Leap (Festive Fakes #2)
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe (Hartbridge Christmas, #1)
  • Sexted by Santa (Thrust Into Love)
  • The Geek Who Saved Christmas
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • On a Midnight Clear
  • Oltre gli echi del dolore (Shadows Vol. 4)
  • Beautiful Dreamer (So This is Christmas #1)
  • Love Game (The Reality TV Series, #1)
  • Only One Bed
  • Santa Daddy
  • Christmas Wish List (Hartbridge Christmas, #2)
  • Best Love
  • Masterpiece (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 3, #2)
See top shelves…
I don't hang out on Goodreads much, so if you'd like to connect with me then Twitter, Facebook or an email is usually best :) All my contact details are on my website.

Jay lives just outside Bristol in the West of England. He comes from a family of writers, but always used to believe that the gene for fiction writing had passed him by. He spent years only ever writing emails, articles, or website c