Start by marking “Beauty and the Beast of Venice” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Beast of Venice

Beauty and the Beast of Venice

It's the year 1690, and Antonia Crivelli's father has arranged for her to be married to one of the wealthiest, most handsome men in Venice. Although her fiancé seems strangely uninterested in her, 19-year-old Antonia naively hopes things will be better after the wedding.

Everything changes the day Antonia meets Tavros, the mysterious shipyard blacksmith whose smoldering gla
Published December 3rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Beast of Venice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Beast of Venice

Start your review of Beauty and the Beast of Venice
Treasa
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ENTHRALLING!
An absolute attention grabber from beginning to end! A breathtaking rendition of Beauty and the Beast with a web of twists that tug and pull you in directions your not sure you want to go but the sensual allure is hypnotizing shaking you to your core and impeding to your mind long after the last word has been read! Intense, angst, fierce, edgy, exciting, a myriad of emotions, unexpected twists and tantalizing chemistry! A fantastic must read!
Michelle Vandal
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful adaptation of beauty & the beast. The imagery in the words transported me back in time & to all the places the story took place. Tavros & Antonia's love is one that will be hard to forget. This story will stick with me for a long time.
Antonia is a young woman about to enter into an arranged marriage that is more of a business deal for the parents of the bride & groom to be. Antonia had hoped to there would at least be an attraction that would lead to love. When that isn't happen
Che Flaviano
Historical retelling of Beauty and the Beast

A romantic historical retelling of the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast. This story is plotted with a twist. I love how the characters evolved and how the plot developed till the very end. It has great world building, the romance and steam is just perfect. This story is not meant for the younger readers - but for the adults who still revel in their old time fairy tale greats. I will definitely read more from the author, especially if she write fairy tal
Alison
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow I loved this story, so much, it has a beauty and the beast feel about it, but with a very interesting twist to it. Tavros has a secret, that has scared some people away from him, and he fears that he will never find true love. Antonia is from a well off family and is due to marry a man (that her parents have selected) soon, but he doesn't seem to show any interest in Antonia. When Antonia and Tavros meet, you can feel their chemistry, and naturally they are drawn to one another. Will they ge ...more
Julia Gerard
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alexis wrote this little short story once, a long time ago, and it was good! This expanded story is 100% Fabulous! Based on Beauty and the Beast. Antonia is a sweet girl, who wonders what being married would be like, and she's about to find out. Her father has arraigned a marriage, with the son of a Business associate, but he's not too interested. Tavros was captured and escaped his homeland and works as a blacksmith, he only has eyes for Antonia. But it can ever be. There are secrets to be reve ...more
Gladys
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very intriguing and enjoyable twist on Beauty and The Beast. It's a cleverly crafted shorter read that takes the classic fairytale theme and sets it in 1690 Venice. With twist, drama, intensity and steamy passion, this emotional read grabbed my attention and held it. A truly beautiful romance. This is my sincere, voluntary review.
Mindy Martinez Borda
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing, honest, and incredibly hit Tavros will make you want to be in his lovely Antonia's shoes. The story is beautifully written and takes you on a journey to a bright world with complex rules that only serve to mask unpleasant truths and to prevent happiness. But even amongst the most enfuriating people and rules, love prevails and delivers the most epic of love stories.
The mixture of cultures, myths and customs only add to a higher level uf uniqueness to this amazing story. I can assure
Janet Taggart Baldwin
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This magical retelling of one of my favorite fairy tales is one of the best I've ever read. I was captivated from the first chapter and was a hooked from then on. Antonia was a beautiful young lady inside and out, longing for love, and being used by her parents as a pawn for their fortunes. She was to be married to a man who didn't love her, and didn't even appear to like her. I didn't like Giovanni either.

Tavros had lived a hard life, unable to control the beast inside him, and sold into captiv
Laila Viking
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazingly well written historical romance which has a hint of paranormal to give it edge. It begins in 1690 in Venice and the author has made research about the events and places. I like that it is true to the historical references. Great storyline that is captivating and keeps the reader on the edge to know what happens next. The characters are well described and likeable.
The story is dark in the beginning and abuse is used on a captive who is treated like an animal. Our Hero escapes and lat
Caroline Doig
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my 2nd read and review for this author and this is an amazing story, this is one story that I’m not going to forget in a long time and it has been put on my to read again shelf I definitely plan to read this book again and this is the story of Antonia and Tavros. Antonia is promised to a man by her parents for marriage but things don’t turn out the way she hoped. Tavros is caged abused and treated worse than an animal, he escapes his captor and ends up making a place for himself in socie ...more
CS
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This Besuty anc the Beast retelling starts off dark and suspenseful as Tavros is caged and held captive, abused and starved like an animal. He manages to escape while in port at Venice.
A year later he sees abc falls for Antonia. Young, rich, pampered and engaged to a nobleman her father has picked out for her, Antonia feels trapped in her own life.
This moderate paced sweetly romantic story had a touch of paranormal and Greek mythology undertones. Antonia is able to calm the beast in Tavros, an
Nancy
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic twist on the Beauty and the Beast story, set back in history. Antonia is a beautiful, well off but her parents have arranged for her to marry Giovanni, who is strangely uninterested in her. She meets a handsome blacksmith who shows at lot of more interest and she is drawn to him also. Tavros hides his secret nature, but he can't seem to keep away from Antonia. I loved this beautiful, intriguing, suspenseful and romantic tale, both Antonia and Tavros caught my heart and I couldn't wai ...more
Ana Alger
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
REVIEWED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK.

I LOVED this book! Granted, I may be somewhat biased as I love almost everything Beauty and the Beast inspired. But regardless of that this was well-written and thoroughly interesting.
I typically like when the beast has a feline appearance and was not thrilled to learn he was a minotaur but got over that quickly so that shows that I like the book for the storyline itself.
If you like Beauty and the Beast, books about shifters, books set in a histo
Laura  C. Gargiulo
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wouldn't have thought of combining Greek mythology with the Beauty and the Beast story, but it made for a very enjoyable read. Antonia is a daughter of a wealthy merchant in Venice, and Tavros is a blacksmith. When a chance meeting ignites passion between them, they will have to overcome societal pressure and Tavros' curse to make a life together. At times, it seems everything has conspired against them. The ending is satisfying. I truly enjoyed this story!

I received a free copy of this book v
Maria Wagner
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful love story with a little steam. The love and passion between the characters were remarkable. The emotional turmoil and struggles were unbelievable. The bond and understanding of each others situation was heartwarming. I was hooked from the very beginning of the book. It was a excellent read you won't be disappointed.

Jackie Roberts
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a rock solid author that I often read and highly recommend so I was excited to read this ARC and it didn’t disappoint!

There are a ton of holiday romance reads out there but.this one is truly a must read for the season!

Am Goff
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Antonia is being prepped for an arranged marriage with no spark towards her betrothed. She sees Tavros, a blacksmith and is immediately taken by him. Tavros is a tortured soul and is smitten by her. The story is intriguing with endearing characters I find myself rooting for.

Barbara
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. A rendition of the Beauty and the Beast story, set in 1690 Venice. Antonia Crivelli meets handsome blacksmith Tavros even though she has been promised to Giovanni. This story has suspense, drama, a twist, and romance. A story I enjoyed reading from the first page.
Mary
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful take on "Beauty and the Beast" ! I loved this story from beginning until the very end. It's a beautiful story with some intrigue, suspense and romance. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite fairy tales so I am definitely drawn to the plot but I love the twist and turns in this story!
Killeena Savola
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very good I enjoyed it immensely. Show the hard ship of a man that is cursed not knowing where he really came from. Being taken from his home and meeting a women destined to be his. They fight the battles standing in there trying to be together.

Jennifer Ehninger
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new twist on the Beauty and the Beast fairytale. Tavros is a blacksmith who transforms into a Minataur. Antonia is the daughter of a wealthy Venetian merchant. Can their love survive the obstacles they must face. I loved this wonderful romance!

Tanya
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her father has arranged her marriage to a very wealthy man but when she meets him he seems uninterested in her. So when she meets a different man and things seem to be good but he is hiding a secret. What is he hiding? Will she finds out? See what will happen

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this story, I couldn't put it down. I read the book in one day.This author is an awesome writer.I cannot wait to read more of their books. Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.

tammy rufo
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i love historical and paranormal, this was such an amazing book. Antonio and Tavros are such a great book couple, i could read them all day. once i started reading it i couldn't put it down. would def recommend.
Elizabeth Presley
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much I love Beauty and the Beast this one was so in SoHo hot it kept me in trade it kept me going definitely going to be telling people to get this

Lucinda
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very well written and fantastically developed. I loved how it all played out with some twists to the original tale. I loved it and would recommend it to others.

Paloma, the Countess of Bookton
A Beauty and the Beast retelling set in 17th century Venice. I liked the setting descriptions, the characters were nice but the story was way too fast paced for me. I would have liked more development.
Hanna
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, it was well written and had really great characters. The plot had plenty of twists and turns and it was very enjoyable.
Amy Miller
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was a great take & twist on beauty & the beast. I adored the plot, setting and the characters. Sexy, fun, and fantastic! ...more
Tricia
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this retelling of one of my all-time favorite stories, Beauty and the Beast. This version is like no other and is very well written with an interesting plot line.

• His Darkest Craving
  • Billionaire Dragon’s Secretary: BBW Dragon Shapeshifter Romance (Dragon Planet Romance Book 3)
  • Willa's Beast (Icehome, #3)
  • The (Alien) Nanny for Christmas
  • Alien Protector (Vaxxlian Mates, #1)
  • No Broken Beast (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #3)
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)
  • Gail's Family (Icehome, #4)
  • Carnage (Whispers From the Bayou, #1)
  • Untamed Daddy (Mountain Men of Bear Valley #3)
  • Untamed Virgins (Mountain Men of Bear Valley #1)
  • Master of Crows (Master of Crows, #1)
  • Blind Fall (Stolen by an Alien, #5)
  • Bloodlust Blonde (Blue Moon Investigations #8.5)
  • Devi's Distraction (Icehome, #7)
  • Range of Motion (Ranger Ops #4)
Living in the Pacific Northwest, Alexis Adaire spends too much time indoors, cuddling under blankets, emerging from the bedroom periodically to refill her coffee mug and write stories.

Alexis likes to take her readers to those secret, unspeakable corners of their fantasies they barely even knew existed.

News & Interviews