Start by marking “The Library of Lost Things” as Want to Read:
The Library of Lost Things

The Library of Lost Things

From the moment she first learned to read, literary genius Darcy Wells has spent most of her time living in the worlds of her books. There, she can avoid the crushing reality of her mothers hoarding and pretend her life is simply ordinary. But when a new property manager becomes more active in the upkeep of their apartment complex, the only home Darcy has ever known ...more
Published October 8th 2019 by Inkyard Press

To ask other readers questions about The Library of Lost Things, please sign up.
Claire P There is one big relationship between Asher and Darcey but it doesn't really go beyond kissing. Their feelings for each other though a quite intense…moreThere is one big relationship between Asher and Darcey but it doesn't really go beyond kissing. Their feelings for each other though a quite intense and deep which in my opinion is better than kissing. Hopefully I answered your question!(less)

Start your review of The Library of Lost Things
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Four in the name of romantic book nerd and hoarders love, lyrical, family-troubled, emotional, heart-warming, making you sigh incessantly stars!

If youre not a YA romance fan, what is still intriguing about this book?

-Complex mother and daughter relationship: Check!

-Amazingly developed real best supporting character and sidekick: Marisols existence on the book: Check!

-References from the great classic authors from Bronte, Austen to Shakespeare and bringing a different and creative approach to
Larry H
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Sometimes in order to write our own story we need to find ourselves first.

Darcy Jane Wells lives a life immersed in stories and books. Other than her best friend Marisol, books have been her closest companions since childhood, because she finds that other peoples stories are better than the story of her own life. She goes everywhere with at least one book in her possession, even to parties and other social events. (Sound at all familiar?)

Her mother is a hoarder. Shes a perfectly
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Omg! I love this book so damn much!! At first I wasnt sure, but it grew on me and I fell right in love. Plus, I cried a bit!! Now ima buy the hardback and the awesome preorder of the super cute paperback come out! So there! The end.

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Lea ♞ That_Bookdragon
4/5 ⭐

E-arc received from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

"Since kindergarten, my mind has been a story bank. I read and read, and I remember."

When I first read about this book, I knew I had to read it and was lucky enough to receive an e-ARC of it. I believe it is safe to say that the majority of the pages on my Kindle are highlighted with quotes I loved, moments that warmed or broke my heart and, just in general, how great this story is. Even though the
Vicky Who Reads
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
psst! I'm hosting a cover reveal for The Library of Lost Things on Monday, 9AM EST so GET PUMPED AHHH

it's so gorgeous, y'all aren't prepared for the bookish glory that awaits you!
Tucker

Author: Laura Taylor Namey
Release date: October 8, 2019
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: YA romance

He was the home for all my words, even the ones I hadnt defined yet. He was the home for all my stories, even the ones I hadnt imagined.

This book had me at "literary genius heroine." I loved the secret gift she had for memorizing passages of her favorite books. Darcy Wells is exactly the type of character I have a weakness for. Shy, intelligent, not exactly
Heidi
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really lovely YA romance that doesnt shy away from real issues. The heroine was a bookworm of epic proportions (exactly why I adore it, truth be told) and carrying a lot of adult-like baggage.

Highly recommend, especially to teens who may need a happy ending in their own stressed lives.
Stephanie Wilcox
This was... Not great.

Darcy (haha Pride and Prejudice reference because she's soooo bookish!!) felt like the epitome of the whole "not like other girls" subgenre of YA I thought we were years past. Reading this book, everything about the tone, plot, and character development felt incredibly dated--largely because I haven't read anything written in this style since I was 13 or 14 (almost a decade!).

Here's the basic idea:

Darcy is the sole child of a single mother, who also struggles with
Jaye Berry
Oct 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebooks, contemporary, 2019
I wanted to love this book so much but unfortunately I just had too many problems with it.

The Library of Lost Things is about a girl named Darcy who loves books. One day at her job at a bookstore, a boy from school named Asher walks into her life. But Darcy has a secret- she's dealing with her mother's crushing hoarding problem and with a nosy new apartment manager, time is running out on her ability to hide it.

I don't know what it is with books about characters who love to read but they always
CW (The Quiet Pond) ✨
A sweet book that also packs an emotional punch about mother-daughter relationships, slow-burn romance, and hiding who we are.

- Follows Darcy, a teen who has extraordinary memory of the books that she has read, and lives with her mother who struggles with hoarding and compulsive shopping. And then she meets Aster, a teen boy and former teen pilot who suffers from PTSD (I think?) and a traumatic brain injury.
- I think this is the sort of book you'll love if you like stories that explore
Jacqueline Firkins
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an ARC through NetGalley so I could dive--or rather fly--into this charming book.

I love a good love story and I thoroughly enjoyed my read. TLOLT has lots to recommend it beyond its central romantic arc. 3 generations of family drama expand the story and lay the groundwork for an engaging mystery. The answers tie seamlessly into the main character's arc of self discovery and self acceptance. There are plenty of literary references (both direct and implied) within the
Nadhira Satria
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
I got the arc!!! Reading this right NOW
Karen
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, romance, contemporary, arc
An ARC was provided to me for free by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was such a charming and sweet book! I love books about books and book lovers.

I loved Darcy and her amazing memory about books. She essentially lives inside the books she loves, and would love nothing more than to spend all her time reading books instead of socializing. And I mean. Wow, that was me in high school so 100% can relate. Not that she's socially awkward (usually) - she just takes
Inkyard Press
Categories
Young Adult Family, Young Adult Romance, Young Adult Social Themes
Jessy♡
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary, own
“yo”/

Sometimes you can't see where make-believe ends and true starts. And sometimes you can, and you cry.

I really loved this book. It talked about a hard subject but the author did a beautiful job exploring it. It was so sad to see Darcy struggle with her mothers addictions and disorder. I love the love interest in this but what I loved the most was Darcys friendship with Marisol. As a latin person I really appreciated seeing glimpses of the warm latin culture that is so familiar to me :)
Mom_Loves_Reading
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh! This book was literally just what I needed to perk up a rough couple of days. The cover alone makes me happy! Those colors, the books, the fun font...a triple threat for this book lover! "The Library of Lost Things" gave me all the feels and left me sighing with a warmed soul. It's both a heart-warming and heart-breaking coming of age story that also centers around books and a bookstore. I adored Darcy and could totally relate to her "living in" the books she loved and being socially ...more
Jooke
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
I have to start with saying: everyone should have a best friend like Marissol. She's quick on her feet, loyal, artistic and funny (except her strange habit of storing gum on her bracelet was a bit disturbing).
Asher was just a likable/interesting character, handy, patient, not shallow, good listener... and Tess made a refreshing character during the whole story.
But the lead character, Darcy... well I don't really know what to say. In a way I felt for her, but in another way she was just too much
Lisa
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2019
I ADORED this super sweet and swoony contemporary! I loved Darcy and her mind for words and books and her best friend Marisol, who's one of the best written MC best friends I've ever read. Her life and family just jump off the page.

The romance is lovely and a tad bit melodramatic at times, but it all fit into the context of the story. There's one part I wish there had been more time devoted to (view spoiler), but overall this book gave me all the
Julie (Struck by Stories)
You guys, this book was FANTASTIC! I loved so much about it, including:
- Hoarding representation, which is something I've never seen in a book, YA or otherwise
- Darcy's passion for books, which rung so true to another fellow book-lover (*cough*, me, *cough*)
- The beautifully written friendship between Darcy and Marisol, which is also something not-too-often seen in YA
- Darcy's relationship with her mother, which is built upon so many layers and complexities
- Asher, who makes my top 10 most
Marie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Real rating: 4,5 stars.
What a gem, friends. One of these soft, yet deep contemporaries with this slow-burning love story, kickass incredible best friend, complex mother daughter relationship and all the books. I loved this so, so, SO much 200% recommend it.
Full review coming soon!

Thank you to Inkyard Press for sending me an ARC of this book. This did not, in any way, influenced my thoughts and rating.

My Blog - Drizzle & Hurricane Books - Twitter - Bloglovin'
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
REVIEW TO COME BECAUSE I NEED TO PROCESS WHAT THIS BOOK DID TO ME
Robin Bonne
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. This was cute, but sometimes the main character was cringey.
Samantha (WLABB)
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Darcys real life was sometimes difficult to face, and she therefore, she chose to live in her fictional worlds. During her senior year, not only did Darcy meet someone, who could be a real life romantic interest, but her financial and living situation were both threatened. The real world had begun seeping in, and Darcy had to decide if she was willing to take the risk, and open herself up, or remain hidden behind the wall she erected to protect herself and her mother.

How could I resist a
Crystal
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
My first official read of 2020 was The Library of Lost Things by @laurataylornamey and it was absolutely beautiful!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Lauras writing is elegant and poetic. It has numerous references to other pieces of literature; which Im sure all fellow bookworms would appreciate! I am totally planning to read Peter Pan because of this.

It includes a blooming romance, true friendship, a complex mother/daughter relationship, as well as mental illness. On top of all of that, our main character is a teenager
Gabri
Mar 07, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF around 10%.

I was ready to love this book, because 1. Books about books! and 2. It sounded like a cute YA with some depth because of addressing mental health/complicated family dynamics.

Unfortunately, from the very beginning, it was a struggle to get through because I just didn't feel sympathy for any of the characters, especially for the MC Darcy. Her love for books was obsessive with high levels of special snowflake-ism. Instead of co-celebrating the existence of books, I felt like I was
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
I'm going to be honest, if this wasn't one of six books I took with me on vacation, I probably would have never finished this book.

This book was a bit of a struggle. I didn't connect with the main character at all, despite loving books myself (obviously). She was a tiny bit of a book snob. And by tiny...I mean a fair bit. Darcy hates e-readers (who cares, so long as you're reading?) and snubs Asher because he speed reads (who hasn't, really?). She thinks all books should be read slowly and
BookGypsy
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darcy named after Mr Darcy works at a book store and lives her life through books. She blocks everything out, including her compulsive mother. When Asher walks into the book store and steals her heart Darcy doesn't know what to do. Romance and love only existed through her books. I really loved this being a book loving introvert myself. This was a heart felt, emotional and complex story about a book worm, mother daughter relationships, love and hope. There is so much in this story. I really ...more
dani
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was extraordinary. being able to read another person's bookish life was incredible.
darcy (p&p reference i-) developed as a character throughout the whole book. having a strained relationship with her mother, something new for me; and then, expanding her horizons, learning to voice her opinions, to speak aloud to her mother and explain what she felt; was hypnotizing and badass.
not only this, asher was the perfect romantic interest for her. someone who valued what she said and thought,
April B.
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
* I WON THIS BOOK IN A TWITTER GIVEAWAY *

This is the sweetest, most wonderful book you could ever read! Darcy is girl with a book shaped heart and she will leave you with a story that will stay with you long after the last page...

• Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things
  • The Upside of Falling
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • Jane Anonymous
  • Just Breathe
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • All-American Muslim Girl
  • Trapeze
  • Batman: Nightwalker
  • War Girls (War Girls, #1)
  • Momentous Events in the Life of a Cactus
Laura is a Cuban-American Californian who can be found haunting her favorite coffee shops, drooling over leather jackets, and wishing she was in London or Paris. She lives in San Diego with her husband and two superstar children.

This former teacher writes young adult novels about quirky teens learning to navigate life and love. Her debut, THE LIBRARY OF LOST THINGS published 10/08/19 from Inkyard