Start by marking “I Hear the Sunspot: Limit Volume 1” as Want to Read:
I Hear the Sunspot: Limit Volume 1

I Hear the Sunspot: Limit Volume 1

(ひだまりが聴こえる #3)

Because of a hearing disability, university student Kohei had made a habit of distancing himself from those around him. But after meeting the exceedingly cheerful Taichi, he gradually begins to embrace a more positive outlook on life. Kohei eventually begins to see Taichi as more than a friend, and after he finally confesses his love to Taichi, the feelings become mutual. ...more
Published November 21st 2018 by One Peace Books (first published October 28th 2017)

Kate
4/5stars

definitely setting up for the following volumes, but very interested to see where this is gonna go!!
Jes Reads
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So glad this finally made it to me. I am incredibly happy to have my boys back and to see the growth of their relationship. Story felt slightly bogged down by all the new character introductions but still very very enjoyable.
Daniel
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Some random thoughts in no particular order.

The author's art style continues to change, not necessarily for the better.

Manga can be very vague and confusing sometimes in ways that make me wonder if there's some cultural thing I'm missing or if the writer/artist is just vague and confusing.

This volume didn't seem to know where it was going at first, if there was a plot it was all over the place. Taichi and Kohei aren't physically in the same location for a large part of this installment, which ma
Julie
so so so cute!! Super nervous about where this is going to go witch the new elements and characters that have been added, but I'm super excited for more Taichi and Kohei. I absolutely love Taichi with all my heart. He's such a precious angel :')
Mila
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
El simple hecho de que trate sobre personajes con discapacidad auditiva ya lo hace interesante, y que profundicen en las relaciones interpersonales hace una historia interesante y que da visibilidad a la diversidad funcional.
Me gusta.
Vanesa Rodríguez
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es un comienzo de historia, no un final como muchos han comentado. Tiene dos volumenes ya en Japón. Lo leí esperando más de la historia de Kohei y Taiichi también vamos a conocer a otros personajes muy interesante. Así que volveré a incluirlo en mi lista de series pendientes. Espero que llegue pronto el segundo volumen quiero saber más de la pareja protagonista.
Marius Paulsen (Antari-kun)
I love this story so much, not quite a 5 stars but so close. Love Taichi and Koheis relationship and how its progressing, need the second volume 2 now!
Flor
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I came in wanting to feel loved and cozy and I came out feeling sad and cold :(
Karina
Jolien
I never thought I’d end up loving this manga as much as I do. A few weeks ago, I saw a BookTuber recommend an app called MangaRock, where you can read manga translated by fans. I spotted I Hear the Sunspot and decided to give it a try. I fell in love with it immediately, and went on a furious Google search for the translation. After discovering there were three translated volumes published, I immediately bought them all. A week later, I’ve also read all three. And read the extra chapters that we ...more
Lou (BooksAreAWayOfLife)
AHHHH I'VE MISSED TAICHI AND KOHEI! I've forgotten how sweet and innocent their relationship is. I am also so excited knowing that there will be another volume! I can't wait to read it. I now know the struggles of following a manga series as it is coming out. You may or may not be waiting years for the next one. But I am a massive fan of this series so I will be waiting patiently!

This volume focuses more of the individual stories of Taichi and Kohei. We get to see how they are currently living t
Maisie Dickson(SleepyWiredStudios)
THIS> THIS>THIS...BOOK.

I love the I HEAR THE SUNSPOT series with my whole heart and this instalment did not disappoint. I loved seeing the developing relationship between Taichi and Kouhei and how life and commitments can strain a blossoming relationship.

We got to see more of Taichi's childhood and more of Kouhei's struggles which I loved.
Jerry
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LO MEJOR:

+ Profundizan en la vida de los personajes (incluyendo a CHIBA. EL. PUTO. CHIBA).
+ Es un buen seguimiento de los otros dos, mostrando situaciones más amargas.
+ El dibujo es de buen ver.
+ Hay nuevos personajes que resultan interesantes.

LO PEOR:

- Ese final cliffhanger.

Un 8'5.
Chris
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
It’s good. I want the next one.
Jake Hill
Keep up the fantastic work you funky little legends, One Piece publishing! I get absolutely thrilled to see these volumes anywhere! It's the best! And I can't wait for the next volumes!
Christy
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The slowest burn.........
Isabelle
This volume was disappointing. On the one had, we got to see Taichi and Kohei develop, both as a couple and as people; their separate relationships and experiences are just as important as the ones they share, if not more, so this was great to see. In addition, I love seeing Taichi in his element at work, and his colleagues are shaping up to be an interesting bunch. However, this volume falls into one of the most frustrating and upsetting BL tropes: the non-con scene.

Kohei wants to sleep with Ta
Miss Susan
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia
hrmmmm

see like it was okay but then chapter five happened and i started making plans on how to get a flight to japan so i could talk to yuki fumino about how to keep her characters in character and not succumb to the worst bl tropes

also i feel skeptical about how the storyline with kohei's deafness is starting to slide into some sketchy melodrama territory

it's nothing not fixable tho; i feel like all yuki fumino rly needs to do here is let kohei and taichi have some straightforward conversations
Nathaniel
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is a masterpiece; the author's slow approach to the romance is refreshing. How many other manga have a discussion of the physical aspects of the relationship? How often does one character pull back from physical intimacy because they feel the other character is emotionally compromised? Especially in a queer romance? I just hope other critics stop classifying this as BL/yaoi, because it is so much more than that. Additionally, even though the new isolationist deaf character is making ...more
Christie
Though the main characters are getting on my nerves for their lack of communication, the rest of the story is really branching out and side characters are becoming more and more interesting. This series really does have something special that I can't put my finger on, but that I really like. It is a refreshing change from the more usual stuff out there.
Giulia
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, the-average
"Those seemingly considerate words, actually hurt me more than anything…"

Actual rating: 3.5 ⭐

So, hear me out. I have feelings.

This whole volume made me sick to my stomach. Not in a bad way, but not in completely good one either.

The miscommunication and the angst were just too much, mate.
I was screaming at my Kindle and shaking it as if it was the characters and I could knock some sense into them. Unfortunately, it did not happen.
Their inability to TALK frustrated me to no end. And I found the
L. Luck
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author has once again succeeded in blending a heart-melting romance and a needed discussion on disability, and they have added on a discussion of cochlear implants, how people with disabilities treat them, and how we create inclusive/exclusive communities. And we have gotten more development and backstory for Taichi to help understand him better. I don’t think that a lot of people expected something advertised as a romance manga to focus on the characters by themselves or a disability discus ...more
Rebecca
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I purchased this for my YA collection at the library from Ingram because it was marked Volume 1 ... but in looking a little deeper at this title here on GR, it isn't volume 1? There are two volumes that may (or may not) precede it? So I am going to have to do a little digging to see if I can actually figure out what is going on with the volume markings and what not.

All in all ... I was able to follow this without reading what may be the previous volumes and I generally liked it a lot ... but if
Sara Schultz
I'm actually getting a bit annoyed with our heroes now. Stop being so f-ing insecure and just be together! Please don't let this be one of those classic manga/anime romances that is just a lot of longing looks and stupid misunderstandings and just never amounts to anything. Get together, be together and move on with your life together. How hard is it?
Michelle
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

This is the third volume in the I Hear the Sunspot series. [BTW, I still have no idea why it is titled I hear the sunspot, other than some kind of ironic comment on the fact that Kohei can't hear, and if he hears anything, it's mostly Taichi's voice -- his "sunspot". But that wasn't verbalized in the story AT ALL. ]

In this volume, some drama is introduced with Taichi working full time, putting a strain on his ambiguous relationship with Kohei. Also, Kohei joins a deaf group and meets Ryo, a
emma
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, comics, lgbtq
4.5. Really like this manga about two boys in a relationship- or are they? One deals with work, while the other grapples with hearing loss and belonging... This sets up the series, leaving us with the question, can they withstand it all and stay together in love? Can’t wait to get vol 2.
Disenchanted *:・゚✧*
Moje serduszko umiera z nadmiaru słodyczy 💜💙
Addy
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fumino-sensei is not allowed to stop writing about these two. They're too cute 😁
Karen A
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CRYINGGGGGG NECESITO EL SIGUIENTE VOLUMEN

• Transposes
  • Only Serious About You 2
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 2: The Show Must Go On
  • Crossplay
  • What Did You Eat Yesterday?, Volume 4
  • Gay & Lesbian History for Kids: The Century-Long Struggle for LGBT Rights, with 21 Activities
  • Sweet Blue Flowers, Vol. 1 (Sweet Blue Flowers Omnibus, #1)
  • Embracing Love, Vol. 5
  • Lily Love Vol. 2 (Lily Love, #2)
  • Kome Si Belang vol. 1 (Kome, #1)
  • ジャッカス! ~触っていいって誰が言ったよ?~ [Jackass! - Sawatte Ii tte Dare ga Itta yo?]
  • テラフォーマーズ 1 [Terafōmāzu 1] (Terra Formars, #1)
  • 恋するシロクマ 1 [Koi Suru Shirokuma 1]
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 4 (Eerie Queerie!, #4)
  • Even So, I Will Love You Tenderly