Start by marking “Wish Upon A Strawberry Shortcake” as Want to Read:
Wish Upon A Strawberry Shortcake

Wish Upon A Strawberry Shortcake

For five dreary years Artemis Hamilton has lived with the results of his own selfish greed. He’d hurt the only woman he could ever love and ended up alone. Now, Just before Christmas she contacts him with devastating news. All he’s ever wanted was a second chance to make her his. Will wishing on a strawberry shortcake bring him the luck he needs to see his Christmas wish c ...more
Published November 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Wish Upon A Strawberry Shortcake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wish Upon A Strawberry Shortcake

Start your review of Wish Upon A Strawberry Shortcake
Brenda Moser
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a short novella with Artemis having a second chance after making a mistake in his past and losing his love. His Grandma and a little magic make it possible to go back and make things right. It's a sweet,magical Christmas story told through Artemis's eyes. It's well written,fast paced and I enjoyed reading.

Pat Eroh
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was thrilled with this book and that says a lot for me since I am not a romance reader. But this book is about an attempt to rectify that thing that was done when you were not thinking straight. Who cannot identify with that and wish for a second chance? Great book!

Amy
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wish Upon A Strawberry Shortcake is a fun and quick read. It is most definitely wort a read. I give four and a half stars.
Kathy
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an adorable, quick read. Very sweet story with good characters. Will have to check out more by this author.
Jamie Jack
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Magical Christmas Do-Over

What a fun little Christmas short story! It's hard to call truly it a Christmas story, though, because while it takes place at Christmas time, there are only just a few references to it. There are no holiday traditions or anything like that in the book. However, it is the backdrop of a miracle of sorts. The hero of the story, Artie, made a disastrous choice 5 years ago that he is still paying for. Have you ever wanted a do-over in life? If so, this book may appeal to you
Helen Leecy
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an entertaining and enthralling short story about second chances.
It is one long chapter, and we are only in the mind of the main protagonist, Artemis Hamilton. When Art gets a call one evening to meet his ex, he drops everything and goes to her. He has always regretted their past and wishes he could make amends.
There is a very well-developed and intricate back story given, and the book certainly doesn’t feel as if it is only 46 pages. It felt like a full-blown novel; I was very impress
KL Cassanello
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Artemis makes a mistake, and drives away the women he's loved all his life. Grandma shows up, and give him a glimpse of the future, along with an opportunity to go back in time and make things right. Will he make different decisions this time? Will he and Devona find their happily every after? And just who is this Grandma? This is a charming book, and a very sweet story. Devona seemed a little cold in the early part of the book, but I warmed up to her later on. Artie is a nice guy who gets swept ...more
Stephanie
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claudia
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Artie and Devona were together since before school and never would have dreamed of anything separating them and their love, that seemed to be protected by an older woman - G'ma, who was always there for them- until the day that Artie misguidedly betrays Devona's trust.
Now, 5 years later, he still cannot forget - or forgive his own stupidity. But can G'ma give him a second chance at love?
A magical story about one stupid, but fateful mistake, that changes the course of people's lives. An unconvent
Sandy
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful magic!
Meet Artemis Hamilton a greedy and selfish person who pretty much lost everything that was important. Then fate popup and show him a way to correct things. This sweet look at a Christmas classic a Christmas Carol is a wonderful fantasy with just a bit of magic too. Who knew that wishing on a strawberry cake could bring happiness or perhaps it was just Grandma? Love this quickie! Loved the characters! This is the one to pick up for a quick coffee break read. It will put a smile on
Molly
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Artie hears from the woman he most loved and most betrayed in the past. He had been foolish enough to make a choice that might have saved his parents home, but cost him the trust of Devona, the woman who had lived him boy to man.

Some special Christmas magic, and the love of a special someone from their childhood gives them the chance to make better choices.

Intense action and emotions.

Joyce
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
In one long chapter, Artemis finds himself in the present regretting his past actions of "greed" that cost him his true love, childhood sweetheart Davona. Unlike Ebeneezer who returns to the present to right his wrong, Artemis returns to his past for his second chance. Will he make the right decision and get his fairytale ending or return to the present right back where he started.

Kristi
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun and enjoyable short set during the holidays. A wrong choice in the past is making Artie spend his life alone. All he wants is a do-over and win back the girl he loved but pushed away. A quick read that's definitely worth it.

Elvira
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. It was a great having characters that are well developed and engaging. The flow of the storyline was steady and smooth making this an easy read.

Tanya
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Five years ago he ruined his life and he lost the only one he had ever loved. Now she has been in contact and he hopes for a second chance. Will he get his second chance? See if he will get a second chance

Barbara
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really good story that kept me turning pages it is almost like Ebeneezer only Artemis Hamilton goes to the past to correct the wrong he did and win back Devona Preston. I enjoyed reading this story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Marichus Real
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet short story about regretting some wrong decisions and the opportunity to go back on time and have a second chance. Something we all would like to do at some point but, unfortunately not possible in real life, just in books or films.
Melissa
Shelves: booksprout
A short and quick read in Arts point of view, that's sweet, sad, a bit quirky and maybe farfetched but it's impossible not to get invested in the story.

Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute but super short read. This was a 2nd chance romance with a bit of holiday magic.

Written as a 3rd person, single pov with a HEA ending.

Catherine
Cute

Such a cute story! Parker never fails to deliver lol looking forward to Reese's story next, and find out why he and Brandon do not get along.
Tasha Henderson
Perfect story!

Parker J Cole did an amazing job with this short story! Just delightful with a sprinkle of sugar ontop! Can't wait to see what else G'ma has to make right.
Sharon
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story with christmas magic and second chances.
Stephanie Kalvig
added it
Oct 06, 2019
Carole McDonnell
Dec 26, 2019

• Christmas Cookies on Main Street (Christmas on Main Street Book 6)
  • No More Horrible Dates (High Tea, #3)
  • Blink
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • The Bookshop on the Shore (Scottish Bookshop, #2)
  • Easy Coloring Book for Adults: Inspirational Quotes
  • Chompy the Velociraptor
  • Demanding Redemption (Forbidden #5)
  • The Other Wife
  • Apple Orchard Cozy Mystery Series: Box Set One (Apple Orchard Cozy #1-3)
  • True Temptation
  • Balls in the Air
  • A Killer Edition (Booktown Mystery, #13)
  • Captured by a Farmhand: An Alpha Male Romance (Captured by the Western Alphas Book 5)
  • Fire, Fog and Water (Sgt. Windflower Mystery #8)
  • Christmas Coins
  • Christmas Shopaholic
I am an author, speaker, and radio show host with a fanatical obsession with the Lord, Star Trek, K-dramas, anime, romance books, old movies, speculative fiction, and knitting. I’ve finally kicked the off and on addiction to Mountain Dew and marshmallows.

Find out any and everything about me at my website, ParkerJCole.com

News & Interviews