Jump to ratings and reviews

The Woman America Loves a Latte

From the best-selling author of Sweet Hollow Women comes a quirky new thriller for fans of Megan Abbott, Liane Moriarty, and Carl Hiaasen.

Veloura has never stood a chance. Raised by a junkie and orphaned as a teen, she's settled for a life of low expectations. She spends her days sprucing up the shack of a has-been bull rider and washing hair down at the local salon. But when it turns out her fiancé doesn't have her best interests at heart, she's forced to come up with a new plan for herself.

An opportunity to be the spokesperson for a coffee chain means a bright future could be hers, if only she can stay ahead of her dark past.

255 pages, Kindle Edition

Published November 20, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Holly Tierney

39 books513 followers

www.hollytierneybedord.com

Holly Tierney is the author of over a dozen novels and novellas, including Sweet Hollow Women, Surviving Valencia, Right Under Your Nose, Bellamy's Redemption, and Murder at Mistletoe Manor. She is also the creator of mid-century dollhouse flipping blog www.flipthisminihouse.com and the author of several dollhouse and miniature how-to books. She lives in Madison, Wisconsin.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
3 (2%)
1 star
2 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 52 reviews
Profile Image for Stephanie Dulac.
218 reviews
April 9, 2019
The Woman America Loves a Latte by Holly Tierney-Bedord is my first read from this author. The Woman America Loves a Latte is a book about a young lady named Veloura or Vee as her friends call her is involved with a older guy named Thunder. Thunder is not a nice guy at all but Vee is young and I believe even a little naïve or maybe blind with the fact of the way she is being treated but she also didn't have a good up bring. Vee leaves you wondering what she is thinking and is a very interesting person. I really enjoy reading about Vee she is one of my favorite people to read about. In this story you will experience all sorts of emotions. This book is what I felt a short read I flew through this book it had me engrossed in its story I always wanted to know what was going to happen next . I would highly recommend this book I feel you will really enjoy this story. I look forward to reading more books by Holly Tierney-Bedord
Profile Image for Angela.
4,045 reviews48 followers
March 9, 2019
4 Stars

The Woman America Loves a Latte by Holly Tierney-Bedord is a wonderful, intriguing story that pulled me in and held my attention from beginning to end. I have enjoyed exploring Ms. Tierney’s works, and have read most of them now- this story is definitely among my favourite reads of hers.
Veloura (Vee) hasn’t had things easy in life. She really needs a bit of luck on her side. In a case of mistaken identity, she ends up with her dream job- as the “face” for Caprice Cappuccino chain. It couldn’t have come at a better time- so with a guaranteed pay-check and a gas and food allowance, she sets off on her cross-country advertising campaign/adventure. But we soon find that trouble isn’t too far behind.
This is such a great story. The author has written it extremely well and was quite detail oriented in her story. There’s plenty of intrigue, some mystery, suspense, drama, and more. There is quite a lot happening in the story, and I found it to be a very quick read.
The characters were all fully developed and realistic- with their own individual, if not quirky personalities.
I wonder what Ms. Tierney-Bedord has in store for us next?

Thank-you, Ms. Tierney-Bedord.
Profile Image for Crystal Gray.
1,082 reviews30 followers
January 5, 2020
I was able to listen to the audiobook of this. The narrator did a wonderful job. That being said, I did have some issues with Veloura. I understand she was young, but my goodness sometimes I wanted to shake her and tell her to open her eyes! The mystery was a good one though!
Profile Image for Laura Furuta.
2,046 reviews25 followers
March 5, 2019
By: Holly Tierney-Bedord
5 out of 5 stars

The story The Woman America Loves a Latte by Holly Tierney-Bedord is a book that I enjoyed reading. It is a story in which some parts put a smile on my face and others that had my mouth hanging open. It is a book that hooked me from the beginning, and I found myself not wanting to put it down until I had finished the last page. There are a colorful cast of characters included that are entertaining and interesting. There are some characters that I found myself questioning their motives and actions. Veloura is a young woman that after finding out about her fiancé not having her best interests at heart looks to find a new path for herself. She finds herself with the opportunity to be the spokeswoman for a coffee chain. Will she have a bright future? Read all about the new path she is trying to create for herself and what happens to her next. Veloura is a character that I enjoyed reading about. There are times when I wondered what she was thinking and others when I wanted to give her a hug of support. She comes across as someone with a good heart. She also has quite a dark past. There are events that happen that I didn’t see coming. Don’t miss out on a story that once started is addictive to read and will have you glued to the pages. I highly recommend reading it.
11.2k reviews45 followers
August 23, 2019
her life has not been easy as she had been neglected by her parents before being an orphan. She has no really high expectations of life she is doing until she gets a chance of becoming a writer about coffee. Can she escaped her past to make a better future? See if she can

Profile Image for Tausha Treadway.
1,083 reviews6 followers
March 5, 2019
The Woman America Loves A Latte by Holly Tierney-Bedord. Veloura aka Vee was orphaned as a teen so she's made her way the only way she knows how. She is shacked up with a has been bull rider and has decided her life is not going to be spectacular. When she is presented with the opportunity to be a spokesperson for a coffee chain she thinks she might have a chance. Will her past catch up with her and ruin everything and on top of that someone is wanting to kill her. Holly Tierney-Bedord has become one of my favorite authors so whenever I see her book I grab it. I also love the recipes included in the books. This is a great story about making something out of yourself from a rough beginning.
Profile Image for Bobbi Wagner.
3,711 reviews24 followers
March 4, 2019
I never hesitate to pick up this author’s books, there is always an adventure, humor, and lots of twists and turns, this book is no different. This story is about Vee who has just landed her dream job. Her life has had its ups and downs with her family and her bad choice in men. Now there is someone who is trying to kill her. Will she ever find a HEA that she so deserves? I enjoyed watching Vee grow throughout the story after all she has been through. I highly recommend this book.
Profile Image for Kathleen.
1,116 reviews35 followers
January 24, 2019
“The Woman America Loves a Latte” earns 5/5 Caps…Clever, Engaging!

It’s September, 2020. Clara is excited that standing behind her in line for a quick cup of coffee at Caprice Cappuccino is one of the candidates for President of the United States: a woman, charismatic, and even with her flaws and the fact Clara’s father doesn't agree, Clara says, ”…I want you to know, you’ve got my vote in November.”

The story begins in the summer twenty years earlier. Veloura “Vee” Merkowerowitz who, with good reason, is hiding out from her ex-bull-riding, ex-boyfriend. Her BFF is helping her by getting her an opportunity for gainful employment as the spokesperson for the Caprice Cappuccino cafés. The hitch is her employer thinks she is Vienna Merriweather, professional model. So, with a paycheck, a gas and food allowance, a “coffee cup on wheels” car, and enough mixed tapes for any multi-hour car ride, Vee heads out on a cross-country advertising campaign…with determined and deadly trouble following her.

Holly Tireney-Bedord’s book is quite the page turner, tense at times, uniquely arranged with various perspectives, and although I didn't see how it connected, she included entertaining references to Vee’s musical playlist partnering her on junkets to each PR stop. Each chapter gives the date, place, and character of focus which means changes in perspective. I enjoyed sometimes having Vee’s “I” perspective then a third-person perspective for other characters, but I found it easy to follow the drama. And drama there is. Extra treats are always a delightful surprise. In Tierney-Bedord’s book she includes the perfect accompaniment on anyone’s next road trip: an “Additional Playlist” and recipes from Caprice Cappuccino’s cafes for Banana Blackberry & Pecan Muffins and Raspberry and Chocolate Streusel Muffins.
Profile Image for Chrissy.
311 reviews
January 15, 2019
SPOILERS!! Talk about a rough life!! Poor Veloura...she just wanted to have a family and friends who loved her. She didn't ask for much. But her dad died before she had a chance to know him, her mom is murdered when she's in high school, and her boyfriend only wants to marry her so he can have her killed and collect on a life insurance policy he hasn't even purchased yet!! At least she has her best friend Suzie who really does care about her and helps her find the perfect job as the face of Caprice Cappuccinos. Except they think her name is Vienna Merriweather and while she tours America doing appearances for them someone is trying to kill her! Well, at least she finds happiness after she makes it through more tragedy and craziness than you'd find in a state mental institution.
Profile Image for Cath.
951 reviews11 followers
September 20, 2019
The main character in this book is Veloura, who goes by Vee to her friends. She is pretty much homeless and has shacked up with a much older man who used to be a successful bull rider. She has no family remaining and was basically orphaned as a teen, having been brought up by a pair of useless and neglectful parents. She has no high hopes and just lives to survive. Her old bull rider is not exactly the sort to have long relationships, but he puts up with her as she improves his small abode and looks after feeding him and so on. He does, not a lot, as he is too injured and too old to be much of a success at bull riding these days, but still goes to an occasional rodeo with his family. He is very short in stature and short of temper as well. He is old fashioned about a woman’s role and treats Vee quite badly.

Vee’s only outlet is talking to her best friend, but never when her boyfriend is at home, and making a little bit of money for herself, washing hair in the local salon. She uses this money to make improvements on their home together, but most of it annoys her boyfriend. He finally proposes to her and wants a quick wedding, but has hidden reasons behind this sudden change of heart. She hears about what his plan was, but has trouble believing what she had overheard and seen. Her good friend hides her for a few days and comes up with a way for her to escape from him.

The job opportunity to test for becoming a coffee chain spokesperson, leaves her having to take over a slightly different name, the name of a model who had already applied for the position and gotten through the first stages of testing. She went on a modelling job and dropped out. Luckily Vee’s best friend works for the company’s HQ and puts her into the last stage of testing. The job involves her driving from chain to chain and whatever locations she is sent to, to promote the coffee and their new line of muffins. There are also the perks of being put up in hotels or apartments, wherever she is and also a great expenses account. There is also a car thrown in, but not what she might have expected – it looks like a huge coffee cup!

The main problem she is going to have is escaping her past and those who may wish to do her harm. There is the ex-fiancé and his mate, but there are also some unexpected people who are interested in her and not for normal reasons! Events happen to Vee, as she has to continue to do this new job role, but she is in danger at any moment and doesn’t realise where the most danger is going to come from. A good surprise for readers, which was very unexpected for me!

A great story of someone coming from nothing and making the most of an opportunity that was given to them. The parts of her life before this chance were not the sort of life many of us would want to live and you are glad to see her get a step up. The behaviour traits of some characters are such that they may bring back bad memories for some, but the majority of the tale is uplifting. I enjoyed all the intrigue behind figuring out who was after he and why, but also the steps Vee was taking towards a better life. I shall look out for some more books by this author, a good slice of reality and struggles to improve yourself all in one. I received an ARC copy of this book from Hidden Gems and I have freely given my own opinion of the book above.
351 reviews1 follower
April 3, 2019
A great read about reinvention. Veloura is a young woman from a troubled past and an angry ex fiancé. When her friend gtes her a chance at a job for a coffee shop, she umps at the chance. Claiming to be Vienna Merriweather, she gets the job without any clue to what the role is. Going for it, she finds herself on a wonderful adventure of new opportunities. But when the past rears its head, it threatens this new life. Can you ever escape your past?
A great read. Well developed plot with twists and turns. Well developed characters like Veloura ambitious but not believing in herself or Suzie as a fun friend but also kind and loving. Great acst of supporting characters like the supportive boss Dwight or the over helpful Tommy or the kind Caprice. A great villainous figure in Thunder as vindictive but his petty complaints and strange plans made him across a little melodramatic which could be toned down to make a great character,
I loved the visual detail throughout the novel like with the interview in the large room with the desk and Velouras black tap shoes and colourful clothes contrasting with the pale room perfectly and a realistic and funny depiction of an interview. Or the TV show later on with its bright lights full of life and people and excitement. Or the landscape around her with its rolling hills and wide roads with the little red coffee cup car for a sense of adventure wonderfully written.
I also liked the use of dates and times in chapter titles for the sense of a fast paced novel.
Veloura's reminiscences about her mother were written well and emotive and didn't dsitarct from the narrative of the present. The switch of perspectives worked well to display the different points of view and was easy to follow with names in chapter titles to make it clear who had the narrative. However, it felt like there were too many of these to keep track of. Perhaps if this was reduced to ust four like Thunder, Vee, Eugene and perhaps Suzie this would keep the reader engaged. Overall, a great read and I would give it four stars.
Profile Image for Carrie.
439 reviews6 followers
The Woman America Loves A Latte by Holly Tierney-Bedord
My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

WOW! I was not sure where this book was heading and boy was I surprised. There is so many twists and drama, I was sucked in and read through the whole book in one sitting. The characters are all wonderful and the story line is fantastic!

Veloura or Vee as her friends call her, is in my opinion, sweetly naive and very young. She is twenty years old and is shacked up with a much older man who is referred to as, Thunder. The way Thunder treats Vee is so disgusting and she doesn’t see until it’s almost too late that he is a terrible person and he has no love for her.

Suzie had me skeptical about her intentions towards Vee. I’m thinking that maybe she was just jealous of Vee, and that is the reason she wanted to keep her far away from her husband Tommy. I do love that she helped Vee land a job as The woman America loves a latte for a coffee company.

When Veloura realizes her husband's intentions towards her and Suzie set her up with a new job that would take her away from their little town, she jumps at the opportunity. Coming home during an event for her job, she has a near death experience and determines who is actually out to hurt her, and it was the last person she would have expected.

The story reads in different characters perspectives, and I personally like this to see what each character is thinking or going through. The dramatic twist in the end had me reeling and I was shocked at who was really after Veloura. I would definitely recommend this book!!
Profile Image for Rellim.
1,447 reviews24 followers
May 2, 2020
This was my second listen from Holly Tierney-Bedord and completely different from the first. At it’s base, The Woman America Loves a Latte is a well-crafted Mystery/Supspense/Thriller novel. On top of that, it is hilarious. Poor Vee is desperate to love and find love that she ends up involved with a man who finds her more valuable dead than alive. Fortunately for her, he’s too stupid to succeed. Following her adventures in escaping him as well as the added perspectives from her friends (and enemies) while she’s publicly on the run had me cracking up. It’s slightly over-the-top, but I went with it and had a great time.

It’s also the kind of book I could see myself listening to multiple times, not only to catch things I may have missed the first time around – but because the humor would be just as fun the next listen.

Honestly, the only drawback to the book was the prologue & epilogue. They didn’t feel like they were from the same book. I usually love epilogues, but the jump was so far it felt unsubstantiated.

Chistopher Lane was fabulous narrating this. With so many chapters from a female POV a male narrator was a surprising choice – but he was fantastic and I’ll definitely seek out more of his work.

I received a free copy of this audiobook from the author and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Profile Image for Laura.
3,173 reviews315 followers
March 12, 2019
This is not a second chance love story. This is a second chance ( or third, fourth, fifth) chance at life story. You will experience all sorts of emotions as you read. You will smile, laugh, be alarmed, shed a tear and be worried for our heroine.

Veloura had a rough start to life, ending up alone at a young age. She does her best to keep a sunny disposition, even after meeting Thunder and moving in with him much too quickly.

Then she finds herself needing to disappear, without any preparation. Now, taking a job using someone else's identity is never a smart move, but worse is when that job means being the FACE of a well known company. On top of that, being a spokesperson is not as glamorous as it sounds. I felt for our heroine as she counted quarters and traveled alone, often not knowing what was in store for her next. I wanted to pull for her but there were times I wanted to shake her, too.

Thank goodness for her best friend, who does what she can, but Vee also became too much for Susie at times.

This is not written in a straight forward manner, so you do have to pay close attention to clues, clues that Vee notices but does not always give proper attention to. I bet you will also be surprised.
Profile Image for E.A..
941 reviews27 followers
April 10, 2019
The Woman America Loves a Latte by Holly Tierney-Bedord was an engaging, hooking read, that had me flipping the pages.

Not my first read from this author, I was excited to read this book, and boy oh boy I was not disappointed. Engaging, pulling, and multi layered this book had me reading into the night.

This book has a bit of everything, second chances, and picking up the pieces and tendrils of darkness from the MC's pass, makes this book a compelling, intriguing read. I love the mistaken identity plot set up, it was a lucky break for our MC, that was down on her luck and looking for a way out. Especially after that asshat of a fiancé, pulls that crap he did, good riddens.

Overall this book pulls you in, not only with the easy writing and smooth transitions. It somehow connects with you, and you feel it on an emotional level. The attention to detail pulls this story together and binds all the elements into something masterful. This book gets my super high recommendation and my stamp of approval.

Happy Reading

-E.A. Walsh
Profile Image for Melissa Basnight.
513 reviews14 followers
December 3, 2019
This book had lots of twists and turns and underlying stories that were all centered around Veloura even if she didn’t know all of the stories that were going on around her. Veloura was a pretty, but somewhat quirky and not all that bright. She didn’t have the best childhood and her adult life was not going along too great either. Her boyfriend was a jerk, her best friend’s husband was in love with her, her old high school classmate hated her, her Mom’s ex-boyfriend wanted to hurt her and her grandparents were hiding a big secret as well. She ends up getting a job with the help of her best friend as a representative for the Caprice Cappuccino company showing off their new muffin line and because America loved her the sales skyrocketed. There were so many plots against her and she had no idea, but it was like a comedy of errors that all of then were caught. There was definitely a mix of all kinds of emotions while I was reading this book. Now I am interested in finding what happens next in Veloura’s life.
Profile Image for Natalie Hanley.
204 reviews
April 8, 2019
Veloura has always fended for herself since her mom died of an overdose. At almost 21 she finds herself in a small town, in a relationship with a washed up rodeo rider, which is not going anywhere but friend Suzie offers her a lifeline in the form of a rep/ modelling job for Caprice Cappuccino, a well-known coffee brand. She sets off for new adventures in her coffee cup car, and the fun begins.
This is the first book I have read by this author but I really enjoyed it. It was entertaining and the action moved at the right pace. It was a mix of genres, not a romance, more of a road trip and a story of friendship no matter what. I liked the character of Vee although at times I wanted to give her a shake for her life choices. Suzie was a strong character too, although how they ended up friends would be anyone’s guess as they seemed like polar opposites. A prequel is coming so maybe that will explain that part.
Profile Image for Michelle Austin.
2,606 reviews31 followers
April 10, 2019
The Woman America Loves a Latte was a fun 4 star read.
This is Veloura’s story and I was pulled in right from the beginning.

With a not so great childhood and than a relationship that took a scary turn Veloura (Vee) is trying to move forward. Her best friend Suzie helps her apply for a dream job that would take her on a cross country tour. Going out on the road will also get her away from her angry ex.

But what will happen when her past comes back to haunt her?

There are so many twist and turns. I really liked all of the secondary characters, they all added a a great element to the story. I love stories that have me guessing on who is behind certain things, and this one delivered on that, I was shocked at the twist in the end. The author does a great job with the detail in the story and there are several POV’s in the story as well. Overall I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Profile Image for Debi.
1,055 reviews6 followers
March 15, 2019
The Woman America Loves a Latte by Holly Tierney-Bedord

4 Stars

This is my second read by this author and although it's not my pick of the two I still completely enjoyed it. I did find it a bit hard to follow in some places and it felt like it jumped around a bit too fast and wasn't as smooth flowing as the first book I read of hers, which was one of my favorites last year.

I still completely enjoyed this story line and think I actually finally understand the title, which drew me in immediately. I did LOL a few times while reading and also felt like slapping a few people at the same time. But I will say this had one of the better endings I've read in a long time. I can't wait to read more by this author, I actually have another ready to go on my kindle and have a couple others I must read.

This was an awesome book and I do highly recommend it.
Profile Image for Heidi Eich Woodring.
86 reviews23 followers
April 3, 2019
The Woman who America loves Latte by Holly Tierney-Bedord is a FUN read to get lost in. Veloura hasn’t always had an easy live and has followed her into adulthood. She was settling so much less then she deserves. Almost accidently, Veloura lands a job that allows her to be a spokesperson for a coffee chain and allowing her to travel around the country. Her future could be so lively but her dark past seems to follow her no matter where she goes.
Holly has given us an amazing story with amazing characters. Each character introduced whether big or small was complex and always made the story that much interesting. The book gives you drama, suspense, and intrigue that really draws you in which as A READER I find very important in any good book. I give this book 5 stars and so look forward to reading more from this amazing author!!
Profile Image for Krystal Gregory.
243 reviews4 followers
The Woman America Loves a Latte By Holly Tierney-Bedford
5 out of 5 Stars
I rarely give 5 star reviews and this one was worthy of all five stars. This suspenseful, comedy, romance novel checks all the boxes that you want in a book. Veloura, or Vee, has had a rough go at life. It seems that life is just determined to smack her around and when she is black and blue, it smacks her around some more.
When her fiancés terrible decision making has her looking for greener pastures, she lands (kind of haphazardly) into her dream job. The problem? She has no idea what she is doing. Tierney-Bedford is a master story writer and this book is no exception. The quirky characters, suspenseful plot and drama and comedy has me turning these pages as fast as my little fingers will flick. I highly recommend this book for readers of all genres!
264 reviews4 followers
April 9, 2019
Take a ride with the spokesperson for Caprice Cappuccino, Veloura Merkowerowitz, aka Vienna Merriweather, aka The Woman America Loves a Latte as she travels cross country. In this novel by author Holly Tierney Bedord our leading lady Veloura is on the run from a fiancé who wants her gone, a stalker who wants her hurt and a man who wants her, period.
When I first started this story, I thought to myself, what the heck is going on? But the more I read the more I was drawn in. I felt sorry for Veloura, a girl who couldn’t find her happiness. Abandoned at a young age she longs for family and love and ends up just getting more loneliness. I got a good chuckle over Thunder and Ricky Dwayne and their big “plans” and a little creeped out over Eugene. This was a quick paced story and you can’t help cheering on Veloura until the bitter end.
Profile Image for Vivian.
794 reviews10 followers
September 19, 2019
Disappointing. The prequel focuses on how smart and focused the protagonist is, despite her dysfunctional family. However, this book does the absolute opposite; she’s naive, clingy and just plain dumb.

~ Veloura was a shoe-in for the Woman America Loves a Latte job. Although most of her resume belonged to someone else, some of it was actually hers. Besides, her charm was what clenched it. She was finally off to bigger and better things, away from her crazy ex-fiancé, Thunder. Will her claim to fame be enough to sustain her? All she ever wanted was a family to love.

Rewind to earlier in the year. Thunder convinced his buddy, Ricky Dwayne to get rid of his girlfriend, Vee. He didn’t take much convincing and he threw so many numbers at him it was going to a cheap job, too. Both dumb as rocks and with a mean streak. Will Thunder find Vee in time to accomplish his mission?
Profile Image for Reggie.
2,597 reviews
December 23, 2019
This book had me laughing like a loon! The narrator did a phenomenal job with the various characters...I could certainly picture the douchebag, Thunder! Velora didn’t have the most memorable of childhood, her drug-addicted mother was accidentally killed by a bf when she was in hs. She’s been sort of coasting through life. When she runs off from her bf, who’s been plotting to kill her, she wings it and gets a job as a spokesperson for a coffee shop chain. Velora goes from anonymity to ‘famous’. With a stalker, or stalkers, after her, will Velora survive to celebrate her 21st birthday?
I highly recommend this book if you want to have some laughs. There is one sad spot but that just enhances the story. Definitely a reread/listen!
I accepted a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Katie.
2,082 reviews11 followers
March 8, 2019
By Holly Tierney-Bedord
4 stars

I really like this author and have read many books by her so I was really looking forward to reading this new one from her and again it was a really enjoyable read. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I first read the title and blurb which was great, I love going into a book not knowing what is going to happen. There were some good twists in the story and my attention was definitely captured from the beginning. I really liked the main character, Vee. She had had a touch start in life but I admired her strength and her tenacity in going after what she wants.
The Woman America Loves a Latte was a great read one that I really enjoyed! I look forward to reading more from Holly Tierney-Bedord again in the future.
Profile Image for Madilynn Dale.
Author 19 books339 followers
March 13, 2019
The Woman America Loves A Latte By Holly Tierney-Bedord

5-Stars

The Woman America Loves A Latte caught my eye first because of its title. I am a little bit of an addict when it comes to coffee. After starting this novel I realized that it was more than about coffee. Vee works for a company where she is the face of their brand. She is also hiding from her ex fiance. Her character changed and matured as the story progressed and I loved watching it happen. She was a beautiful soul to begin with but her eyes were opened after she realized Thunder, her ex, didn’t have her best interest in mind. I loved what she was able to accomplish and jealous of the new places she traveled to. I loved reading this book.
Profile Image for Erica Fish.
992 reviews1 follower
March 22, 2019
There is something about lattes that I can not figure out, but I do love a good tea time from time. The Woman America Loves a Latte is a book that gives a chance of a new life. Ms. Holly Tierney-Bedord does an amazing job storytelling. Her characters are my book friends. I can see hanging out with Vee. This story has it all mystery, suspense, drama, and a little bit of romance. Vee has not been on the easy side of life’s lessons. She has landed a job promoting (you’ll never guess what) across the country. If you have not guess what it is yet it is for Caprice Cappuccino chain. What an adventure of a lifetime for Vee and she goes on the promotion tour. If you want to know more about the adventure you will just have to read the book.
Profile Image for Kerry  carr.
1,136 reviews5 followers
April 9, 2019
I really enjoyed this book. It follows the journey of Vee. A young girl who had a troubled start to life and winds up with a partner who plans to kill her.

She escapes her partner and with the help of her friend gets a job which leads her to become a famous spokesperson for a coffee company. Along with the fame and the travelling it also brings with it people who are set on ruining her and taking her life.

The first suspect is the x partner, along with her mothers x partner but the true culprit will surprise you. I was totally surprised and i didnt see it coming.

Its full of highs on her adventures and also lows as you relive her past, the loss of her parents and as she finds a way to live and survive on her own.
Profile Image for Heather.
1,654 reviews3 followers
March 14, 2019
The Woman America Loves a Latte, by Holly Tierney-Bedord, is a stunning story. This story is rife with tragedy, heartbreak, and change. Veloura's character certainly struggles due to outside circumstances that have shifted the path her life has been on, multiple times. However, despite all the craziness that has enveloped her life, she finds a breath of change with an opportunity that cannot be resisted. Veloura was strong, even at times of weakness. Her character in this story was magnificent and I enjoyed the changes as she developed and grew. Holly Tierney-Bedord is a talented author that continues to grow with each book.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 52 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.