Start by marking “The Shadowverse” as Want to Read:
The Shadowverse

The Shadowverse

Regarded as "captivating" and "one-of-a-kind," The Shadowverse is a Science-Fiction Superhero thriller with hints of the Young Adult genre. It is a story of destiny—that no matter who you are, where you are, or what your past is like, you can always achieve greatness.

Published November 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Shadowverse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadowverse

Start your review of The Shadowverse
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms  (Book.Enchantress)
DNF @ page 270

"ARC Provided By Author in Exchange for An Honest Review"

(P: Poor)

I decided to end this, because it seemed not to get any better. (I rate it, because I read more than half of it.)

Interesting Prologue
But that ends here
execution of this interesting concept was rather poor
Boring start
Slow pace in general (because telling some unimportant matters)
Confusing narration, I think it was omniscient & everyone's thought was up in the air, not a fan.
Many boring unnecessary stuff had been told,
Shalini
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love a good fast paced sci-fi action thriller, and I picked up this book expecting it to be a kickass blockbuster. The book started with a lot of fun with Johnny and his best friends getting special powers when another friend Rose being kidnapped by Titan, an alien lord. The 4 are then sent across the galaxy to rescue her and save a missing warrior too.

The author John-Clement Gallo has packed the story with action from the get-go. I don't think I took a deep breath since I started reading this
Elizabeth Dragina
DNF ......

Just know the pacing was so off.

Check out this review if you want my full opinion, it sums up my feels.

{ ~ https://goodreads.com/review/show/283... ~ }
Bernard Jan
2019 is the year of discoveries for me. By accident, or guided by the starlight, I wouldn’t know, I came upon two teenage writers and authors who are still not out of their classrooms but are already “competing” with thousands of more experienced writers on equal footing on Amazon and other book-selling platforms.

In February this year, Michael Evans disarmed me and won my sympathies with his dystopian Control Freakz. A month later, John-Clement Gallo did it with his Sci-Fi adventure novel The Sh
itzbookish
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I don't read science fiction much, so this one was good for a change but not exactly good as an experience. The thing is, the story has potential but isn’t used to its fullest.

The beginning was so good, so mysterious and about bunch of friends having fun, acquiring their powers, meeting new ones like them and all. But then the flow of the story gets so fast that you don't get to enjoy every aspect of it. For me personally though I liked the usual banter among the friends, I don't know why but I
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)
Thank you SO much to the author for sending me a copy of his book in exchange for an honest review

I'm still processing everything that happened in this book, and I honestly think that it's much better than I expected, it has surprised me for good, which is always very pleasant. The Shadowverse is a book about a group of guys who get superpowers and must fight a fearsome villain in order to save the world. It's the typical Superheroes story but it has an interesting twist where we'll meet other w
J.C. Gallo
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is a new edition of the book with a revamped first 7 chapters, new cover, and new author name! Enjoy!

EDIT 9/15/2019: I spent the last week sweeping through and doing my own version of copyediting, proofreading and adding descriptions while taking out totally unnecessary, repetitive dialogue, etc. Although I'm deep into the sequel, I enjoy making the first better and better, and I'm getting there!
Taylor Watkins
When author John-Clement Gallo emailed me and asked me to review The Shadowverse, he mentioned that he'd found me by reading my review of Control Freakz by Michael Evans and offered a free .mobi file in exchange for an honest review. I was excited to dive into this alternate reality superhero fiction, as it's one of the first books of its kind that I've been able to review, but there were several issues that I feel need to be addressed in order for my review to be accurate.

To see my full review
Toya
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Shadowverse is a richly imagined world where a band of friends must join forces in order to save the world! This book definitely reminded me of The Guardians of the Galaxy meets Team Titan.

I typically don’t get into the superhero theme, but this book was a lot of fun to read. It was witty, action packed, and full of adventure with twists and turns.

One of the coolest aspects of this book is that the author is only 17, so he is able to offer a unique perspective into his characters that gives
Elizabeth Dragina
May 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dnf
DNF . . . . maybe I'll try another time?? This one isn't for me.
Emma
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Shadowverse by John-Clement Gallo
3.5 / 5 avocadosRead full reviews and more here!
Hiya bookish people!
I really enjoyed this novel! I was a bit worried as I am far more of a Fae or Fantasy girl, rather than superhero and sci-fi adventures; however, my worries were for naught. I was never bored whilst reading, and was immediately sucked into the world that Gallo created. I felt immersed, and can I just say how happy I am to see a bit of an astronomy representation! I really love the subject, b
Topher
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a pretty awesome feat for a first-time author.

The story is filled with action and has a group well thought out characters. My favourite was the two brothers who worked off each other's powers. (Read the story to find out more)

As one person said, it had a comic book feel. I on the other hand love comics, and seeing that the story was about super heros, I appreciated the feel!

The only thing that I would change is the dialogue in some parts. It was a bit forces. Don't get me wrong, it’
Mimi Short
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this book, and can't wait for the next chapter. This was put together so well... I love the characters. The plot kept me interested. I am absolutely on pins and needles waiting for the next one... awesome job.
Ga Books LoverX
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun, interesting read! When the author approached me on twitter and asked me to read and review the book, I was definitely interested but also a little worried that it might not be my "style" since I go for more romance-esque books. Well let me tell you, I was absolutely wrong! This book has it all- adventure, realness, a great plot, tragedy, and even a little romance there thrown in there for me!

The characters were carefully and thoughtfully planned out to where you definitely were able
Emma moriarty
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was amazing. Very well written. Has very relatable characters and brilliant plot that really came together

Emunah
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Shadowverse by John-Clement Gallo is a captivating science-fiction story that incorporates elements of real life and fantasy.

In a surprising encounter, four male college friends acquire superpowers from a stranger. They later realize that Rose, who is an addition to the group, is an alien who is been sought after. A second lady, Jane, joins the party after they realize she also has unusual powers. The group is tricked by an evil force and they find themselves outside of the world they are us
Mar
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Shadowverse is a story about a group of friends with superpowers who must join forces and learn to work together not only to save their friend but their world. The friendship described in the book between Sam, Dustin, Ryan and Johnny was so special, they complemented each other perfectly and that was my favorite part.

The reason why this wasn't a 5 stars for me is because everything in the first chapters from them being friends with the girls, to getting their powers and figure out how they
Remmy
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Superheroes. Since the 1940’s every Tom, Dick, Harry, and Jane has been writing about superheroes. Some were kids, most were adults, but they all had super something in their beings. The teen superheroes caught a vague interest in me because I grew up not having any. In fact, I have seen cartoons but never paid attention. I was into action-adventure books. Comics/comiccon/ and such things never interested me and still don’t. Worse yet, when you read a few pages into this book, you find out that ...more
Readers' Favorite
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Shadowverse: A YA Sci-Fi Superhero Adventure by John-Clement Gallo is an adventure that is as satisfying as any can be. Well-written and loaded with action, it features Johnny Sparks, a young protagonist who suddenly discovers that he has powers after an encounter with a mysterious stranger. Perhaps this could be the start of an exciting life for him. When one of his gifted friends is captured by the evil warlord Titan, Johnny and his friends are sent on a rescue mission that takes them acro ...more
Readers' Favorite
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Shadowverse is a superhero adventure written for young adults, and penned by author John-Clement Gallo. Combining science fiction, suspense and comic book action, the plot begins when Johnny Sparks and his three fellow college friends are imbued with superpowers from an encounter with a mysterious stranger. Soon after, they discover that fellow college attendee Rose is actually an alien, sought after by powerful forces from across the galaxy. As tensions rise and danger looms, the new heroes ...more
Sandy
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I need to start off by saying, I love the imagination used to create the different worlds we get to visit. I’m almost finding myself wanting to book a cruiser to Herook.

While this book does need a bit more editing and tightening up, it still presented an exciting story.

I love the unique personalities of each team member. We are quickly introduced to them all at the beginning of the book. Over time, we get to know them on a more intimate level. We learn their backstories - what makes them tick.
E.P.
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Six ordinary young people have their lives changed forever when they discover that they're not so ordinary after all. Soon they're a band of superheroes, traveling through space and trying to save the world.

"The Shadowverse" has a lot of superhero tropes that superhero fans are likely to recognize and enjoy. So if you like a good superhero story, this book has a lot that will probably appeal to you. Some of the aspects of the the book that really stood out for me were the martial arts training a
Pegboard
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes people are chosen to become heroes; just like in The Shadowverse. John-Clement Gallo creates a novel around a team of young adults destined for greater things. These friends entertain us as they learn about their powers and the different ways to use them. Johnny, Ryan, Sam, Dustin, Rose, and Jane have a lot to learn and everything is a learning experience.

The Shadowverse, by John-Clement Gallo, is comical for a time travel novel. With a familiar plot altered in a unique way, this book
Anita
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Johnny Sparks longs for a greater purpose. After an encounter with a mysterious stranger, he and his friends are imbued with incredible powers—at last giving his life meaning.

But this dream soon disintegrates once one of the friends is taken by an alien warlord named Titan. In a rescue effort, the remaining group is sent across the galaxy in search of the only possible aid—an ancient, immortal warrior missing for centuries.

To succeed, the team must join forces to reclaim their friend and stop a
Archie
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Unity has extreme power!
A sci-fi story blending fantasy, reality and super-powers with friendship, fun, unity and strength to make it a captivating read. A group of college mates join together, to save their group friend from evil using their superpowers on a different planet and saved the earth and human life. They ride together the roller-coaster of challenges and risks with their friendship and complementing each other powers.
Kelly
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun teen superheroes. Kind of power rangers.#voraciousreadersonly
Jolie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I like science fiction, I have been moving away reading it. They all seemed to follow the same plotline, and I was getting bored reading them. So, when the author of The Shadowverse approached me to review his book, I almost didn’t accept it. But there was something about the blurb that made me think twice. I am glad that I did because this was a fantastic read!!

The Shadowverse was an interesting combination of science fiction, fantasy, and Christian literature. I have read this combinatio
Amanda
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I always have an appreciation for a good science fiction/fantasy story. So, Shadowverse by John-Clement Gallo definitely caught my attention. This book introduces friends: Johnny, Ryan, Dustin, Sam, Jane and Rose. Little do they know, their friend Rose is from an alien planet. All the friends soon realize they have extraordinary powers! When Rose is taken by Titan, they must rescue her. In order to rescue her, they must find an ancient warrior to help them and stop Titan's plans before it is too ...more
Fantasyryus
May 11, 2020 rated it liked it
First, I'd like to thank Mr. Gallo for sending me a free copy and allowing me to review it.
It is pretty weird because I do have mixed feelings according to this book. It has a predictable plot: a group of guys who achieved superpowers are fighting the bad guys, the villains. There are many stories on this type, but some of them tend to differenciate from the others because they have something unique. At some points I struggled to read and continue it in order to finish my review. There are also
Gina R Mitchell
Shadowverse is a YA superhero story. It’s a save-the-world type of book.

I thought the world-building and character development were good. The language seemed a bit stilted at times, but I’m a long way from a YA. Maybe that’s how a younger person speaks.

The story had the feel of an action movie. I could picture the scenes quite well.

Occasionally the POV changed abruptly but it didn’t take long to get back in the groove. The story had a decent flow, if a bit wordy and repetitive at times.

I think
Authors & Reviewers: The Shadowverse: A YA Sci-Fi Superhero Adventure 1 14 May 30, 2019 06:41PM

• Blood of a Fallen God
  • Stone Hill: Phantoms Reborn
  • Starbound (Shadows of the Void Space, #0.5)
  • Undead Messiah 01
  • Milo's World Book 3: The Cloud Girl
  • The Complete Kate Benedict Cozy British Mysteries (The Kate Benedict Series)
  • Pride & Pancakes (Happily Ever Austen, #1)
  • The Sword Thief (The 39 Clues, #3)
  • Throne of Glass Box Set (Throne of Glass #0.5-7)
  • The Ivy Nash Thrillers: Books 1-3 (Redemption Thriller #7-9; Ivy Nash Thriller #1-3)
  • The Surge
  • The Time Bubble (The Time Bubble #1)
  • Generation (Shadows of the Void, #1)
  • The Tripods Boxed Set of 4 (The Tripods, #1-4)
  • When the Tripods Came
  • Stranded (Shadows of the Void, #2)
  • Dawn (Shadows of the Void, #3)
  • The Frey Saga
John-Clement Gallo is an 18-year-old Christian author of The Shadowverse, a Science-Fiction Superhero novel. He enjoys astronomy, astrophysics, ambient music, and ice hockey, while also a trumpet player. While living in Houston, Texas, he was the youngest person (11) to become a licensed RC pilot. On the other hand, he is ranked a black belt in Taekwondo and Hapkido, though he is very unassuming a ...more