Start by marking “Indiana Jones and the Unicorn's Legacy (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #5)” as Want to Read:
Indiana Jones and the Unicorn's Legacy (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #5)

Indiana Jones and the Unicorn's Legacy (Indiana Jones: Prequels #5)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  634 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Lost on the labyrinth of a Paleolithic cavern complex, Indy Jones encounters references to a mythological beast that may have existed twenty-thousand years ago--and five years later Dr. Jones confronts the legend again, and the woman who is hoping to find the fabled unicorn's horn.  But so is someone else from Indy's past, a man who will stop at nothing to obtain the ancie ...more
Published August 1st 1992 by Bantam (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Indiana Jones and the Unicorn's Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indiana Jones and the Unicorn's Legacy

Kiril Valchev
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Лятото на 1928г. Лекциите в малък частен колеж в Нова Англия са приключили и любимият ни археолог мисли да прекара ваканцията в югозападните щати. "Четирите ъгъла" е мястото където си дават среща Колорадо, Юта, Аризона и Ню Мексико. Това са земите на древните анасази, оставили след себе си в пясъчниците на Меса Верде (и не само) множество скални жилища и петроглифи. Миналото на Инди обаче, просто не може да го остави на мира. В живота му се връщат стар неприятел, любов от студентските години и м ...more
Paolo Calabrò
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
In spite of its many flaws, I rather enjoyed it. Not as good as "The Genesis deluge", mostly because of its subject. All things considered though, it's consistent with the rest of Mac Gregor's Indy novels.
Les Hopper
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Good solid romp into the world of Indiana Jones. Nicely researched so it felt at least as believable as the original films, and written well to tie in with the previous novels. Good fun, I shall read more!!
Nicolas
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This starts strong with a underwater archaeological excavation. It's exciting an fun, but the author never quit recaptures that. The rest of the story is fine, though a unicorn horn is a pretty silly macguffin. (This is pre-Crystal Skull, mind you.)
Jason
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, indiana-jones
Cheesy fun.
Daniel
Oct 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Unicorns in an Indiana Jones adventure? What the what? Well to be honest the story involves a unicorn horn. This Indy novel isn't as awesome as the other past novels (except Genesis Deluge). The characters in this novel seem a little bland(with the exception of Indy and Jack, and even Marcus Brody. The character of Mara is almost similar if not a rehashing of Elsa from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The story is a bit weak, but picks up at a fair pace. Again what this novel lacked was that ...more
Kaysy Ostrom
Jun 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
Book 25 of 2015: 1/5 stars
Why did I even finish this? I knew it would be bad. I had just finished one of the most incredible books ever so I thought why not? And at first the absurdity of it all just made me laugh. Indiana Jones and Unicorns? What a hilarious combination! Then it was a struggle to complete because of how poor the storyline was and how mediocre the writing was. But I had this weird internal obligation to finish what I had begun! Either way, I don't recommend this to anyone. Stick
Robert Risher
Jun 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this book as much as Macgregor's previous Indy work, as the story went a bit off the rails for me toward the end. The action became began jumping from one crazy occurrence to the next, and the story just didn't flow as well as the other Indy prequels. Macgregor is still spot-on with Indy's character, and continues to capture the feel of the movies. Overall the book was enjoyable...just not what I expected.
Dave Fellows
Jan 18, 2016 rated it liked it
3/5 stars. Meh. It's just a generic adventure story, written well enough to read without cringing and benefitting from the inclusion of the famous archaeology professor Indiana Jones - without whom this would not have been much of a book at all. This would probably be quite a good read for any young teens who enjoy the Indy movies, but for serious readers, only come to these occasionally!
Tony
Sep 27, 2010 rated it liked it
A decent Indy tale, though one tires of MacGregor incorporating Indy's eagle spirit animal in almost every one of his tales. Indy does have an interesting evening after drinking a big cup of psychedelic tea.
Stephen
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An old world artifact has made its' way to the American Southwest and Indy and Mara, a graduate student he met in France, are hot on the trail. Along the way they will explore Anasazi ruins, delve into the underworld, and and up facing betrayal. This was a fun book to read.
martin
Dec 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Probably the best of the spin off books from the Indiana Jones movies left in our house This is action from the word go and there are all the right elements to satisfy the reader - some great bad guys, a dose of magic, some great locations and enough humour to keep it going
Carlos Turnbull
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The first Indy book I read, and truly enjoyed it, I ended up buying the whole series.
Dustin
Oct 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
This was terrible. Bad pacing, awkward dialogue and infodumps, lackluster action, and a completely uninteresting plot.
Scot Eaton
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm not gonna lie, I'm really struggling to get through the Rob MacGregor 6-book series. However, compared to the first three, this book is great. One more to go.
Ronald
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
read SOMETIME in 1997
Laeti
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super !!! J'avais l'impression d'être dans les films, j'imaginais les scènes et la voix d'Indy ^^
J'ai hâte de lire les autres.
Randall Dunn
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyable read. The pacing at the beginning is brilliant, and I found myself reading though it all quickly. The rest of the story maintains an interesting level of suspense and action.
Charles Millhouse
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: pulp-adventures
So far I've enjoyed the Indiana Jones books but this one was slow and not well paced. I kept waiting for the action to begin but it never did. Don't read this book unless you're a Jones fan like me.
Adam
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
A fun romp with young Indy, but lacks the impact one wants from a Indy adventure.
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Odd pacing and with so many villains they lack the development of the previous ones. Which just makes them weaker, not more threatening.
PWRL
Oct 14, 2014
Natascha
rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2008
  • Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #10)
  • Indiana Jones and the White Witch (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #8)
  • Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #13)
  • The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones
  • Indiana Jones Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Indiana Jones #2)
  • Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Indiana Jones #1)
  • Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol. 2
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Indiana Jones #4)
  • The Indiana Jones Handbook: The Complete Adventurer's Guide
  • Young Indiana Jones and the Plantation Treasure (Young Indiana Jones, #1)
  • The Complete Making of Indiana Jones: The Definitive Story Behind All Four Films
  • Conan the Warlord
  • Conan and the Sorcerer
  • Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History
  • Dinosaur Summer
  • Conan the Liberator (Book 14)
  • Conan the Valorous
Rob MacGregor is author of 19 novels, 14 non-fiction books, and has teamed with George Lucas and Peter Benchley. He is a winner of the Edgar Allan Poe Award for mystery writing, and has been on the New York Times best-seller’s list. He writes both adult and young adult mysteries, adventure, and science fiction/fantasy. He’s best known for his seven Indiana Jones novels. He co-authored The Fog with ...more
More about Rob MacGregor

Indiana Jones: Prequels (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Indiana Jones and the Peril at Delphi (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #1)
  • Indiana Jones and the Dance of the Giants (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #2)
  • Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils  (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #3)
  • Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #4)
  • Indiana Jones and the Interior World (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #6)
  • Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #7)
  • Indiana Jones and the White Witch (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #8)
  • Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #9)
  • Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #10)
  • Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #11)

Fiction Deals

• Burying the Honeysuckle Girls
  • Ilsa: A Novel
  • Into the Free
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Persian Boy (Alexander the Great, #2)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Get It Together, Delilah!
  • Mademoiselle Chanel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette (P.S.)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Orphan Master's Son
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Sisters One, Two, Three
    $4.99 $1.99
  • This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance!
    $15.95 $1.99
  • Yellow Star
  • Miramont's Ghost
  • I Am Livia
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Play of Death (The Hangman's Daughter, #6)
  • Requiem for a Dream: A Novel
  • I Don't Know How She Does It: The Life of Kate Reddy, Working Mother
  • The Eagle Tree
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Helen of Sparta (Helen of Sparta #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shaman (The Cole Trilogy)
  • The Things That Keep Us Here
  • Halsey Street
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Woodlands (Glenbrooke, #7)