Start by marking “A Perfect Mistake” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Mistake

A Perfect Mistake

Falling for the forbidden has never felt so right…

When social worker Nica Anders indulges in one night of sexual passion with delicious Deaf man Cam Thompson, the last thing she expects is to see him the next day while visiting her dying client. He’s Cassie’s grandson and caregiver, the one treat she shouldn’t have tasted. Now her job is on the line, demanding she stay awa
Published November 12th 2019 by Lakewater Press

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Mistake

Start your review of A Perfect Mistake
Jody
As a quadriplegic I was immediately drawn to the premise of this book and with each turn of the page I was pulled in even more by a deaf man seeking to prove himself to a judgmental mother. Add in grief over the loss of a loved one and readers will find this an emotionally intense tale that will take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. From its sizzling forbidden romance to its realistic portrayal of being deaf in a hearing world, I found this to be a well-crafted tale that I hope to revisi ...more
Felicia Grossman
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book so much. It somehow makes what should be a horrible, messy tragic situation into a lovely, warm, heartfelt romance by two characters that just have to be together despite the obstacles, external and internal. This is such a warm, fun, lovely, read.
Ellie
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Annie Lisenby
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laura Brown's "A Perfect Mistake" was a fun romance spun around an uncommon situation. Brown, herself hard-of-hearing, opened my eyes more to the world of people in the Deaf and hard-of-hearing community.. Having had experiences in the Deaf community, I applaud how Brown honored them and created believable and interesting characters in that world.

Now for the romance, it was steamy. If you blush easily, don't bring this book to read while waiting at the DMV like I did. Oh boy. As a reader, I tend
Mary Ann Marlowe
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Laura Brown's books are always filled with so much heart and heat. This was no exception. Nica and Cam had great chemistry from the get go, and although they had reasons to resist it, they had a sweet grandmom playing matchmaker and urging them to reconsider their foolish notions. There are so many fun secondary characters from the adorable Cassie to Cam and Nica's friends and family to a villain who is fun to love to hate. Laura does such an excellent job in all her books of immersing the reade ...more
Kristy Fairlamb
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this accidental love story about Cam and Nica.

Having a cast of deaf characters and a lot of the dialogue in ASL just added another layer to the seamless writing. I'm not sure if I've read a story centred around deaf characters quite like this one, I stepped into their world and saw it from the inside. I left feeling like I knew more about the deaf community and some of the challenges and heartbreak that come with living in a silent world.

The middle of the story lagged
Heather
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect Mistake was SUCH a good read! Nica and Cam are so well-developed that I fell head-over-heels in love with their characters. The ethical problems and extreme heat throughout this story provide intense pacing that make the book hard to put down. I couldn't wait to find out how the story would end, and the ending was worth the wait. Bonus points for all the drool-worthy desserts throughout the story. Laura Brown continues to be an author to watch! I look forward to anything else she write ...more
Christine Woinich
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It had me smiling, crying, fuming, yelling, and caring. Nica and Cam were a wonderful couple, despite their pasts and families making it difficult for them to see it. I recommend this story and I look forward to more from this author.

I received a copy of this story through Goddess Fish Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Mina Beckett
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A passionate, fast-paced and beautifully written romance!

Veronica “Nica” Anders is a dedicated, strictly by the book social worker who isn’t in the habit of hooking up with men in bars. But sexy Deaf man Cam Thompson is too good to resist. When Nica learns Cam is her clients' grandson, she knows she can’t cross ethical lines by giving into her heart.
Karen Mahara
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This romance captivated me from page 1. Loved the connection between these two. Made me want to snuggle up with a blanket, chocolate, and some yummy wine. A great escape from the real world.
Debbie Nina Boc
the storyline seems too overwhelming for me to read after a couple of chapters. wish it needs a bit of polishing for the storyline for easy reading.
SyLvIa
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-read, 3-assorted
Nancy Walker
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Perfect Mistake follows Nica and Cam as they discover each other. There is a lot to love about this simple romance story. The characters are believable and have unique personalities. Even the second string is interesting and memorable. The plot is relatable and representation for the deaf and Jewish cultures is done with grace and style. It's a family drama that avoids being gritty.

I love the interactions between the characters, even between Cam and his mother. The relationships are real and
Mindi Welton-Mitchell
A perfecty sweet romance

This is a sweet story of a chance meeting leading to almost instant-love, but not without complications. I love Laura's books and her weaving in of deaf culture into her romance stories. This is a very cozy love story with a satisfying ending.
Niki
Nov 15, 2019
Charles
rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2020
Dec 20, 2019

• My Ex's Wedding
  • Plane Love
  • Interpreter
  • Nome-o Seeks Juliet (Odds-Are-Good, #2)
  • Like a Boss
  • Stuttering Heart: Matt and Taylor Book One
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
  • High Horse Bastard (No Such Unit, #0.5)
  • All Grown Up
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • CEO's Secret Baby
  • Love is Blind
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • How the Grinch Stole My Heart
  • The Italian
  • IOU
Laura Brown lives in Massachusetts with her quirky abnormal family. Her husband’s put up with her since high school, her young son keeps her on her toes, and her two cats think they deserve more scratches. Hearing loss is a big part of who she is, from her own Hard of Hearing ears, to the characters she creates.