Start by marking “Closer (Stage Dive, #4.6)” as Want to Read:
Closer (Stage Dive, #4.6)

Closer

(Stage Dive #4.6)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Kylie Scott comes a new story in her Stage Dive series…

When a stalker gets too close to plus-size model Mae Cooper, it’s time to hire some muscle.

Enter former military man turned executive protection officer Ziggy Thayer. Having spent years guarding billionaires, royalty, and rock n roll greats, he’s seen it all. Fro
Published September 24th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Closer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closer

Start your review of Closer (Stage Dive, #4.6)
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019, 4-5-stars
PSX_20190910_145110

Title: Closer (Stage Dive,#4.6)
Author: Kylie Scott

Can Kylie Scott ever write a bad book? The answer is a big FAT NO!

The gang from the Stage Dive series is back with a bang with two awesome characters.
Kylie Scott knows just know how to write and create dreamy fictional men *sigh
I  was completely dazzled and dazed by Ziggy. He is masculine to the T and ...gosh... the chemistry between Ziggy and Mae is soooo good!!!
I'd like to point out that I find it so adorable that this hot curvy woman, whom people drool over,  tends to blather when she's nerv
Tasha Mahoney
Since I discovered that 1001 Dark Nights was revisiting the Stage Dive series I have been impatiently awaiting Closer. Had I known what a fabulous treat this would be then I would have been even more anticipatory.
The story focuses on Mae, a model, neighbour of David and Ev and recipient of some rather ghastly mail. Enter Ziggy, one of Sam's close protection workers and a definite addition to my favourite book boyfriends list. Ok, Mal still holds the top spot of the Stage Dive world but Ziggy is
Stacey is Sassy
Body positive done right...

I've read a few BBW (I think it's Big Beautiful Woman...but don't quote me) stories in my time and I found Closer one of my favourites. It can be hard to get the confidence, healthiness and sassyness in the heroine, just right. Mae is confident...and a little klutzy. She is healthy mostly with a personal trainer she works out regularly with...but loves her sweet treats. Mae is a sassy mix of fancy schmancy on the catwalk, and daggy and comfy at home. She says what she
Zoe Forward
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I really wanted to like this book. Great blurb, great series but not the strongest in the series. Our main characters are a broody, trying-to-stay-professional and very stoic Ziggy, the bodyguard. And Mae, our supermodel who's being stalked and sent some pretty unsavory gifts (which prompted the need for a bodyguard). Both characters, sadly, came off a bit cliche. Mae's "famous" friends also came off a bit cardboard cliche, even though they were good characters. There is nothing from ...more
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
3.5 Stars

Kylie Scott takes a quick dip back into the Stage Dive universe to bring us the story of Mae, a confident, down to earth plus-size model, with a stalker problem.

Enter her newly hired, stoic, ever vigilant bodyguard, Ziggy. His thousand-yard stare is a tough nut to crack, but that doesn't stop Mae from trying. And staring.

Told in the first person POV of Mae, I understood why the enigma of Ziggy was intriguing. His quiet self-assurance and attention are alluring. I would
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review - thank you!

Woot woot! Happy dance! Daggy dance! Heck, anything that can show my excitement at being back in the Stage Dive world!

I love these 1001 Nights stories. I love that I get a bit more of the Stage Dive family (let's be honest, any slice of Mal that I can get, I will take) however I love that we are introduced to the extended family of the Stage Dive world, and that I can read these as stand alones if I wanted to.

Mae and Ziggy's story is full of longing looks across the room
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 STARS!

Closer by Kylie Scott was a fast-paced novella that features our favorite band, Stage Dive.

Mae happens to live in the same building as some of the members and she's good friends with Lena Ferris (Jimmy's wife). She's an up and coming super model and has a stalker in her midst... Ziggy Thayer is hired to protect her. Cue the sweet, sweet attraction and overall tension.

Soley told through Mae's POV you get all her feelings for this quiet man for Ziggy is very professional and hides his feelings. Well, t/>
Ivy Deluca
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bbw, bodyguard
Welp. This pains me because I have enjoyed The Stage Dive series SO MUCH. Mal and Anne's book, Play, is among my all-time favorite romances. I absolutely loved seeing all the Stage Dive couples living their best lives and for that alone, I'm happy I read this.

Mae and Ziggy, however. Sigh. I wanted to love them. But when a story is told strictly from the heroine's POV, and the hero's main personality trait is stoic, it's hard to get connect with the romance. Mae was cute, but it almost felt as i
Eliza

★3.5 STARS★

There will never be any hesitation from me when it comes to delving back into the world of The Stage Dive crew. This time around the story centres around plus sized Instagram model, Mae Cooper and ex military - now turned executive protection officer, Ziggy Thayer.

Mae has been receiving unwanted attention from a stalker but her ties to The Stage Dive wives mean they hook her up with the best in the personal protection business. If Mae is honest she feels quite silly at the fuss made at keeping her safe, b
A
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I absolutely adore Kylie Scott’s writing style and this book was just one more in a long line of awesome that can prove it :) even though it’s a novella, so shorter than I would have liked, it was a great story :) told entirely from Mae’s perspective it’s about how she has to hire a bodyguard because of a stalker she gets… enters Ziggy :) since this is not a full length novel I don’t want to get into too many details in my review, cause I don’t want to spoil you every little thing, so instead le ...more
Carmen Rae
Damn that was hot. And for a novella Kylie Scott managed to pull off the slow burn to perfection. I really love these 1001 nights novellas. They are the perfect way to discover a new author or series or just the perfect little cherry on top of a much loved series.

And although I adore Kylie Scott's writing I am only about half way through the Stage Dive series as I keep getting pulled away from them and since I know I will love them I can save them for book slumps. But I read the blur
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

Ok so this is a novella with lingerie model Mae and her bodyguard Ziggy, someone's sending threats to Mae and Ziggy's hired. This just felt weird and awkward, we know Mae finds Ziggy attractive but without his POV we have to rely on her seeing looks from him that points to him returning the attraction. Then the stalker is taken down and they have awkward sex and that's it they're together.......it was just awkward?? Idk this review is awkward 😂 I'm done.... this just didn't work f
Grace
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a quick read, that has a small connection to the Stage Dive series (the heroines lives in the same building as some of the band members, and yes, they are featured in the story).

Mae Cooper is a super model with a problem.
A stalker who likes to send her blood cow hearts. Gross.
Enter Ziggy Thayer, who is hired to protect Mae.

Told solely from Mae's POV, we only get her impressions of the new man in her life, 24/7. The attraction is obvious, but Mae does have bigger things to worry about with the stalker and paparazzi hounding h
Nadine Bookaholic
Mae is at a loss when she receives a package that was hand delivered to her apartment building that contains, well lets just say it's not something you can order on Amazon and leave it at that. Thankfully she lives in the same building as some of the Stage Dive families and she is friends with Lena who right away calls Sam so he can get security on her because she isn't going to let some crazy stalker get close to Mae if she has anything to say about it.

I loved the chemistry between Ziggy and Mae, w
Jypsy
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Inkslinger and the author for an advanced copy. All opinions expressed are my own.

Closer
A Stage Dive Novella
By: Kylie Scott

*REVIEW* 💋💋💋💋
I'm not familiar with Kylie Scott, but after reading Closer, I definitely want to read more about Stage Dive. This is a fast entertaining story that I read in one setting. Mae is a plus size model in need of a bodyguard. Ziggie is hired, and he's the stoic almost brooding type. Can he resist Mae? She's beautiful, intelligent and relatable.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed Closer by Kylie Scott, while it was an insta love story the characters were fantastic, the plot believable and the ending perfect for them.

Model Mae Cooper is use to be in the public eye especially after he ex-boyfriend professional NFL player cheated on her in a viral YouTube video, but when she gets a strange and hideous gift her friend Lena Ferris demands she hires a bodyguard, she just didn’t expect Ziggy Thayer.

Ziggy’s professionalism at the begi
Bookphenomena (Micky)
I had a bad day one friday before release of this book and needed an easy, complete story to drift into and away with. CLOSER took me from my life and wrapped me up in the engaging story of Mae and Ziggy. Following on from Strong, the precursor novella from 1001 Dark Nights, it has a bodyguard context with plenty of Stage Dive characters for good measure.

Mae was a model with a nasty package waiting for her when she returned from an assignment. Ziggy was the stoney-faced, gorgeously s
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*

Mae is a good friend of Lena and lives in the same apartment building as some of the couples from the Stage Dive family. This means she lives in quite a nice place with tight security measures. When a nasty parcel is delivered for her Lena steps in and organises a bodyguard for Mae.

Mae is a successful model, with her own line of lingerie and it seems that one of her followers has become a bit obsessed with her. This turns out not to be her biggest problem though - in walks Ziggy, the
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
AHHH! There is nothing I love more than going back into the Stage Dive world and the 1001 series is perfect for that. We get little glimpses of our favorite rockers, their spouses and the extended band family (Hello Sam!) to hit the spot.This story was sexy and full of delicious suspense but a small part of me wishes there could have been a deeper connection between them amidst the delicious suspense!

Overall this story was full of sass with an amazing heroine. Her inner voice and sna
Darlene I read to many boooks
Eleanor
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Bodyguard Stars

Closer is a Stage Dive Novella by Kylie Scott. In Closer we get a glimpse into our favourite rockers from the Stage Dive series and their big beautiful extended family.

Mae is a famous curvy model and likes to thing she's untouchable! But when someone threatens her life she is convinced to hire security. Enter former military man turned executive protection officer Ziggy Thayer who is who is hired to protect Mae.

Though this novella was a good addition to the series I c/>
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
Short but sweet…

I loved this novella-size bite of the Stage Dive series. This series has been on my radar for a while and it’s now been bumped up to the top of my never-ending, teetering, TBR list…

Mae is a model, so beautiful of course, but also down to earth, with a great sense of humour. When she is targeted by a mysterious stalker and needs protection, enter the quiet, cool and 'don't smile' Ziggy. With a name like that, you would think he would be more open and outgoing but instead he keeps to the backgrou
Cassidy
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3.75 STARS

It’s not great or terrible. I think I would have enjoyed this better if it was a full, fleshed our novel. I adore the premise. I wanted to feel the tension and lead up. I feel like I barely had time to invest in the main characters. It’s just a bite of cake when you would prefer a whole piece.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Ali
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Novellas are always a bit hard for me. I usually don't mind them if they are part of a world I've already read, which this is. But. These are kind of side-side-characters. Both felt really new and I think I just needed more time with them, overall.

Closer still carries all the things you expect from Scott stories. Mainly, quirky characters and a light humor sewn throughout. And, I can't love enough that she's taken to writing about larger women who exude confidence in their own skin.
Jan
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 to 3 stars. It was a really quick read, and not that satisfying. There were some little revisits with some of the characters from other books in the Stage Dive series, which was nice. Although Mal seemed way too OTT and almost a little creepy in this one, whereas in his own book I quite liked him.

Inevitably (cos it's a novella) the falling in love happened a little too quickly, but the writer made a decent attempt to show the characters getting to know each other, even in such a very short
Alex in Spades
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

4 Everything About You Gets to Me Stars

Because of my love for all things Stage Dive, I was such a happy reader of this novella. All the cameos made my heart fly. As for this story - I like me some sexy bodyguard/client trope so on that front I was also very happy and content. Ziggy and Mae were cute together (though because of the length of this one, it was more on the instant attraction side). I liked the plot of this one also, Kylie once again went with some angsty/suspense plot, but with a
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well that was short and sweet! I liked it though. I wanted a little bit more insight into Ziggy’s head, but overall I really enjoyed the story. It was like Ashley Graham fanfic in a fun way!
AJ
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 short and fun stars!

This is a super short read that packs a punch. Funny, sexy and romantic with a kickass heroine, loads of chemistry and a quick but fantastically developed love story, I loved this one so much!

This novella is a spin-off from the Stage Dive series. The hero is connected to the band’s security detail, and yes, the entire Stage Dive crew to appear – including a fabulous all-in scene that had me laughing out loud and drowning in nostalgic love. Having said that, this book can also stand alone.

Mae C
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kylie has become a fast favorite of mine, Lies was the first book by her and absolutely loved it, so when I saw this, I knew I had to grab it and devour it, and just as I expected.. It was amazing. So far for me, this author has not disappointed, and I don't believe she will as I dive deeper into her collection. This book is a novella, so it was a short and quick read, and I was left wanting more, of course!

This gem focuses around Mae and Ziggy, Mae is a plus-sized model and has curves to die f
Rebecca
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I CANNOT express how amazing it was to be back in Kylie Scott’s Stage Dive series. They’re one of my absolute favorite rock bands and Mal is in my TOP FIVE of fave book boyfriends of all time!!

What I love even more about CLOSER is the fact that Scott broadens the scope of the Stage Dive family, allowing readers to see beyond the celebrity band members and focus more behind the scenes to the people who matter to either the guys or their girls.

Mae Cooper is no stranger to t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Fast Lane
  • Quiet Man (Dream #0.5; Dream Man, #4.5)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Abandon (Seaside Pictures, #3.6)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Enchanting Sebastian (Big Sky Royal, #1)
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Sinners are Winners (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #5)
  • Code Name: Sentinel (Jameson Force Security, #2)
  • Shadows (Bayou Magic #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals #4)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.

Stage Dive (4 books)
  • Lick (Stage Dive, #1)
  • Play (Stage Dive, #2)
  • Lead (Stage Dive, #3)
  • Deep (Stage Dive, #4)
“I didn’t know if it was the immaculate black suit, general air of badassery, or his stone-faced expression. But whatever it was, he needed to cease and desist with the hotness immediately.” 0 likes
“Not even a hint of an expression or friendly smile from the man. He took resting bitch face to the next level.” 0 likes