Start by marking “Hyde and Seek (Hyde #1)” as Want to Read:
Hyde and Seek (Hyde #1)

Hyde and Seek

(Hyde #1)

Librarian's note: Alternate cover edition of ASIN B00UZSTI28.

Piper Skye is rock ‘n’ roll. She’s party all night, sleep all day. She’s get wild and be free.

Or she would be if she had the time.

And the energy.

And not being so awkward would probably help, too.

As the owner of a thriving dessert business, Piper spends her days at school and her nights elbow deep in batter an
Published April 2015

To ask other readers questions about Hyde and Seek, please sign up.
Teri haven't read it yet but are you looking for funny contemporary romance? if you can be a bit more specific I can recommend similar titles. or just look…morehaven't read it yet but are you looking for funny contemporary romance? if you can be a bit more specific I can recommend similar titles. or just look at goodreads lists for funny romance, or my tags, I've got funny romance, funny pnr, funny erotic romance, etc.(less)

Start your review of Hyde and Seek (Hyde #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
2.5 I'm the Odd Man Out Again, Methinks Stars

Okay...

So this is one of those times where you wonder if your kindle uploaded the same book as all of your friends.

Because while, based on reviews, they are all:

description

You are that jackass in the corner all like:

description

Hmmmmmm, methinks something is amiss.

For serious though, at 20% I wanted to DNF this thing.

description

But I figured, if my friends loved it so much, then the ride must be worth the wait?

Right???

Suuuuuuuure.

Quite frankly, this book had a whole l
Stacey is Sassy
Oh, how the times change...

I enjoyed the audio version of Hyde and Seek but admit that with my first re-read/listen of the story, I've had to adjust my rating by a smidge. I've kept my original review (below in a spoiler), which I admit is pretty long-winded and a bit dodgy. I guess that my reads have changed through the years, and my lusty love for alpha-holes has diminished a wee bit. What once appealed and made me shiver with excitement, now makes my head explode. Pushy and bossy with the int
Anovelqueen
***3.5 STARS***

What can I say about this book? Meh...it was just ok.

First, I did enjoy the author’s writing style. It is reminiscent of Kristen Ashley, especially her heroes are very alpha and in control. The pace flows quickly. There is plenty of dialogue and the premise was good. I liked the setting of an auto body shop owner with a bevy of hot badass employees. Of course the hero Jake is the baddest of them all replete with the Harley, tattoos and man bun.

Now my problems with the book. The h
Jen
2.5 Blame the Reviewer Stars

I should start off by saying that while this book most definitely didn’t knock my socks off, I think it’s more a case of “me not the book” syndrome and for a first published work it’s fairly well done. That being said, here’s a couple of things that didn’t work for me. I’m about to get my bitch on so be warned.

Let’s start with our gal, Piper. She’s smart, hardworking and delightfully snarky. She’s also one of those mythical women lucky enough to possess a magical vagi
Dilek VT
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The hero is a 34-year old man-wh*re and the heroine is a 20 year-old virgin.

Don't ask me why I picked this book up to read it, I don’t know, a momentary lapse in judgment, I guess.

I didn't like the hero or the heroine. I didn't like their story. I didn't like the book, period.

***********************************************

Things that annoyed me about the heroine:

- She is 20 but she behaves maturely in most cases; however, then she goes and acts like a spoiled child sometimes. She is unreal.

- In
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog

Copy received in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont Romance
Series : - Book 1 in the series.
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating 4 stars

Ok, so I have had this on my radar for quite awhile and had been waiting on it.

So, I was super pleased to g
Aisling Zena
Re-read 22/11/2015

4 Sweets stars

This was a really enjoyable read especially for a first-time author. I was actually impressed this was her first book. Yes, it wasn't mind blowing or flawless but it was entertaining, amusing, sweet, no one made me wanna smash my tablet, the scene and the characters sucked me in and made me wanna read more, all the makings of great book!

Piper Skye is a rock chick baker.
description
She's twenty, still studying and trying to get her business off the ground. She was more put tog
Barbara➰
Reread August 2017

**4.5 Stars on Reread**

I enjoyed this more this time. Things didn't bother me as much. I really liked Piper and of course LOVED Jake even if he had a few douchecanoe moments. BUT, he had a lot of swoon worthy moments too that kind of negate the bad.

I really hope Ms Frost is going to continue this series. There's so many characters who need books pronto!

Original review July 2016

So, let me begin by saying I teetered between stars this whole damn book. There were parts I loved an
Mindy Lou's Book Review
10 Mr. Bossy Pants Stars!

I LOVED this book! It had everything I could ask for.

-Kick ass heroine. check.
-Growly, dominant hero. check.
-Fun side characters. check.

I've always hated heroines that don't stand up for themselves or flip out when other women try to come in between the couple. Piper was awesome. She didn't take shit from Jake or anyone else. She didn't play games or jump to conclusions and always gave Jake the benefit of the doubt when a woman tried to interfere.

For once it wasn't
Isabella. R
4 The Love of Cupcake Stars ⭐

Piper Skye is a free-spirited young woman who loves the alternative lifestyle and above all, baking.  Although a disappointment to her upper crust family, she is finally comfortable in her own inked and badass skin and she intends on leaving a mark on the world with her magical baking abilities.  When she meets Jake Hyde and his clan, she is exposed to a world where she finally belongs and is accepted. More importantly it reiterates her self-worth.

"This is why I’l
Layla
Mar 20, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Update 11/15/2019-
FREE for the first time EVER!

Coming April 2, 2015!

Edited to add: No, I'm not going to rate my own book. That would be like high-fiving myself. Which is technically clapping, I guess...

Updated 3/31

Just a little over a day!!

Bookworm Extraordinaire
2.5 Stars

SO someone was drinking the KA kool-aid while writing this book...

description

This one was just OK for me. I LOVED Piper, she was one of the best heroine's I have ever read. Her inner musings were HILARIOUS. She also didn't take shit from Jake, or go running and crying at the first sign of OW. A refreshing change of pace that. Jake I didn't like as much. He was pretty much an ass, oh and writers, this is now the third book I have read in a short time period where the hero starts to get it on with t
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
I really liked how grumpy, grunty and domineering Jake was and how strong willed and independent Piper was. Still, it was a struggle to keep reading up to the 25/30% mark. It wasn't awful at that point but it was annoying.
Everyone wanted Piper and not just for their usual quick fuck, but to keep because she was so special.

But when they actually got together and that over the top shit calmed down it was a much better book. The sex was pretty hot and I didn't guess the bad guy. Even the cheesy e
Ivy Deluca
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Piper Skye needs some custom work done on her van, which she uses to deliver her specialty cakes. She walks into hot mechanic heaven, aka Hyde’s, and what usually happens? Romance, of course.

description
“Sometimes the road to your happily ever after is on the back of a bike with a badass knight that would kick the prince’s ass if he came near you.”

- A really enjoyable custom biker fairy tale : It’s a heightened reality of "hot virgin heroine meeting an entire cavalcade of hot men" (they grow o
Vaneesha
Aug 06, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am the absolute worst at writing reviews for books I do not like. With that being said, I hope you know my intent is not to be malicious or undermine the opinion of those who enjoyed this book.

This is the story of Piper, a twenty-year-old business major who's starting up her baking business. She has a chance encounter with Jake Hyde, owner of a prestigious garage. Jake's your standard alpha-male-biker-dude. Their relationship runs hot and cold before heating up all the way.

Piper is a virgin,
Kate
Ladies and Gentlemen, gather around. I also require you attention for I am about to serious

photo images_zpsdhi295fx.jpg

This was my review on Hyde and Seek from 3rd April.2 Stars

So when I see the other reviews on this book I think that I'm broken, maybe coldhearted or emotionally detached. Please realise that I'm also in the minority when it comes to this book. I checked I only found one 3 star Review. This is also only my personal opinion.

It is a good solid start to the series and there were times where
Bev
Well! What a fabulous gem of a read this was. This is the author's first book? Really? It was fan-bloody-tastic!

Ms Frost gave me a hot, possessive, tatted, successful alpha that had been burned before so was wary of another relationship. He had major trust issues and until he met Piper was a bit of a man-whore (okay maybe more than just a bit).

She also gave me Piper - an "old soul" straight talking rock 'n roll chick that had a very sheltered upbringing. She didn't have the easiest of relations
Emily
Piper Skye had no idea her life was about to change when she brought her van into Hyde to get fixed. Meeting Jake, Piper quickly decides he is the most stunning man she has ever met, but he is a total jerk who keeps giving her mixed signals. Piper decides he lost his chance and is ready to move forward, but Jake steps up deciding to give a relationship a try.

Jake was worried about wanting Piper as much as he did. He tried to stay away from Piper, believing she was too good to be true, but the m
MelissaB
I give up, this book annoyed me too much to finish reading it. The author borrowed heavily from Kristen Ashely for her writing style but was a very poor imitation of it. Most of the book is in first person from the heroine's point of view which is hard to deal with because she is very immature and her thoughts are very annoying. I am not rating the book because I couldn't make it past 10%. ...more
Laura Elizabeth
This book is a great start to the series. I first beta read this for the author last year. She sent out ARC copies this past week that were revised from the original version. I liked both, the author improved some scenes for the better in new version. This book was very Laura Elizabeth friendly.
✔️Garage filled with hot guys
✔️Hot Alpha male (Jake)
✔️Heroine that IS NOT TSTL (Piper)
✔️No cliffhanger
The only negative to this story, is I feel the Virgin storyline has been done too many times in other
Judith
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.75 STARS ***

Sex isn't dirty"-Piper

"It is the way I do it"-Jake

Yes,another hot,sexy,dirty talking Alpha!!

Jake is 34 and the owner of a Garage ( packed full of HOT mechanics! )
Piper is 20,still studying and has started her own bakery business
They meet when she needs work done on her van.Now it's pretty much instant love,something I'm not normally a fan of but it actually works well here.My only niggle was this(view spoiler)
Lady Heather
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NA, rock-chicks and domineering-tattooed-alpha males
4 stars!

I liked this story.
I found this author's writing, characters, and story-line very similar to Kristen Ashley's early work (ROCK-CHICKS).
Carmen Rae
This is my first read of Layla Frost’s and I will be honest I picked it up because it kept popping up in my recommendations when I couldn’t decide what the hell to read. All I knew was I wanted a bad ass possessive, alpha and this apparently met at all the crossroads. And since reading it I went to check some reviews and man do they sum it up perfectly. But because some of them were negative and some were positive and things they hated I didn’t mind and vice versa I am going to try explain my fe ...more
Carvanz
Audiobook: Narrators – Lauren Sweet and Alex Kydd

Wow! These narrators totally nailed this book! They were exactly as I expected Piper and Jake to sound. Even when they were doing the opposite sex voices they were still very nicely done. There are a lot of characters included in this story and each one had their own unique “voice”. Once I started listening I didn’t want to stop.

This book is everything I look for when I want a feel good romance with a strong heroine and an alpha hero. Piper isn’t
Sivutha
Piper Skye
20 years old Rock n Roll chick who loves to bake and gave off that innocent look but deep down a little sex kitten!! Tattoo/Piercing and a Virgin!!!

Jake/Jacoby Hyde
34 years old Owner of Hyde is mechanic/biker/Mr. Bossy Pant/Alpha Male/Badass, who has trust issue with women.

Piper went into Hyde to get her Bakery van tricked out by Hyde and is literally drooling over Jake. That's how it's all started. Jake just walks over to Piper and drags her out to eat lunch. I laughed, and laugh
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: really-good
I must say I really enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to reading more from this author. The characters were likable and the plotline well thought out. I don't like a lot of OTT drama and angst in my books and this one hit that note perfectly. There was enough going on not to be boring throughout, but not so much that it had me rolling my eyes in un-believability. Well done Ms. Frost on your debut novel. Keep them coming! ...more
Annette  Dahl "Old Vicarious Reader"
I sure did change my mind about this hero….. And, I sure did find another book boyfriend…..

Okay, about the story, yes I enjoyed it. I found myself laughing at Piper’s thoughts and comments. Although, sometimes she came across as so immature that it bugged me. I started off really not liking Jake. All I could think of was this poor girl had two players after her, Ugh! I think our hero’s character was pretty realistic. Because, I say 34 is just about the time a player starts re-evaluating his life
Tanya
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Piper is a 20yo college student, who is in the process of expanding her custom cake business. She brings her delivery van in for some work to Hyde, a custom work garage owned by Jake, age 34. There, she meets Jake and his crew of handsome workers, and their association leads to romance.

There were so many things to like in this book. By far the most memorable is that there was a bit of suspense and I was actually pretty surprised when the villain was revealed! That doesn't happen too often anymo
Naksed
First 85%: 4 "I liked this Kristen Ashley-like, humorous and sexy contemporary romance" stars

Last 15%: 1 "So awfully dumb, contrived and cheesy conclusion that it is insulting" star

Average: 2.5 stars which I will round off to a 3, because no matter how terribly disappointed I was at that ending, the book as a whole was vastly entertaining and did not bore me to tears or have my overactive DNF finger twitching.

Sure, the heroine was so hyperbolically gorgeous that every single male character hit o
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I wouldn't say that this book had the same essence as a KA book, but the similarities were definitely there. It was like walking through a KA minefield, but this wasn't a bad thing. I happen to love KA books so this worked for me. Shoot, the formula works so well, I'm surprised more authors aren't adopting it.

I liked Piper but I didn't love her. She was feisty, independent, smart, beautiful, 'sweet', caring, sexy, etc. But I felt like the author aged her. I had to keep reminding myself that she

• Overflow (Carpino, #1)
  • Until Avery
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • Until Leo
  • Beautiful Life (Carpino, #2)
  • Until Susan (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Scary Hot (Until Series and Club Alias Series Crossover)
  • Until Mallory
  • Until Twyla (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Until Valerie (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Until the Tequila
  • Until Fools Find Gold
  • Until You (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him, #9)
  • Until Blaze (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Vines (The Killers #1)
  • Until Nico (Until, #4)
See top shelves…
Layla Frost has always been a rebel. A true badass.

Growing up, Layla used to hide under her blanket with a flashlight to read the Sweet Valley High books she pilfered from her older sister. It wasn’t long before she was reading hidden Harlequins during class at school. This snowballed into pulling all-nighters after the promise of “just one more chapter”.

Her love of reading, especially the romance

Hyde (4 books)
  • Best Kase Scenario (Hyde, #2)
  • Until Nox (Happily Ever Alpha Kindle Worlds; Hyde #3)
  • Until Mayhem (Hyde / Happily Ever Alpha World)