Start by marking “Lucid (Lucid #1)” as Want to Read:
Lucid (Lucid #1)

Lucid (Lucid #1)

A terrifying power. A horrifying curse.

Lucy Piper lives a lonely existence on the precipice between life and death. She possesses the horrifying ability to resurrect real-life tragic events in her nightmares, reliving over and over, as if she were there, the last few moments before the victim takes their final breath. Car accidents, drownings, plane crashes – Lucy has see
ebook
Expected publication: April 23rd 2019 by Lakewater Press

To ask other readers questions about Lucid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucid

Holly Bettcher
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's 2am and I am buzzing. Once I got into the story I was unable to stop reading, despite the late hour. I want to know what happens in the next installment! But I digress... let's backtrack...

'Lucid' thrusts us into the world of Lucy Piper, a teenager who has been plagued by visions of death, but now things have changed, because someone from her dreams has interrupted her waking life, and her life will never be the same again.

Set among an Australian backdrop, which brings to mind the familiar
Sarah-Jayne Burgemeister
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I didn’t have to be anywhere or do anything once I started this as I was captivated right from the beginning. I love that I truly felt I was on the journey with Lucy, completely immersed in her experiences and life. Lucy took me back to my high school days - the emotions, the dramas, the friends. I knew this was an incredible read when I would put the kindle down and my mind would drift back in time reminiscing then returning to think on Lucy and what could be in store for her in the comi ...more
James Weaver
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lucid is a very well-written story with a compelling premise - a girl who dreams about tragedies as if she's there at the scene. Fairlamb is an excellent writer who does a great job conveying the scene, emotions and thoughts of her characters. The only drawback for me was the interactions between the teens went on a little long and I wanted to get back to the dreams. That said, this is definitely recommended for those who like the YA category with a supernatural twist. You won't be disappointed.
Elsa
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was actually quite riveting!

The plot is original and interesting. Although Lucy can be annoying, almost repetitive at times, she made for a really enjoyable narrator. It tells of her nightmares, which are reliving the last moments of people's deaths. Ironic, much?!

I especially loved Tyler and the ending pulled at my heart strings. I definitely recommend Lucid and I'd actually really enjoy Grandma Tess' story. Perhaps we'll see more with the sequel!

Thank you so much for this ARC.
D.L. Shepherd
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel kept me guessing with every turn of the page, and the author has a real talent for depicting emotions. It was like you were right there with the main character, Lucy, experiencing every twist and turn first hand. So glad to see there is a sequel in the works!
Rebecca Carpenter
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LUCID is a tightly-woven story about a teen girl, Lucy, who dreams about real-events after they happen, only in her dreams she’s right there, watching, agonizing as the victims take their final breaths.
When Tyler moves to town, Lucy feels an instant connection. It isn’t long before she realizes why—she’s seen him in her dreams—because she relived the night his father died. But her ability to dream the past and connect with the dead might not be the nightmare that she’s tried so hard to avoid.
K
Poppy Nwosu
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful supernatural romance (/ thriller? So hard to pin down!)
I loved reading the whole thing, but for me it was definitely the ending that cinched it, which I just adored. Without getting into spoiler territory, I just loved that final conflict and seeing the decisions our main characters were forced to make. The ending really has me keen for the next book in the series! A big dose of romance too, which I am always fully here for! :)
I was so excited to get an advance ARC from the
Amanda Shepherd
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Captivating plot, beautifully written - didn’t want to put it down. When can I get my hands on the sequel!!!!!!!
Rachael Mazurczak
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lucid was a real page-turner for me – it gripped me from the start with strong imagery coupled with perfect pacing. The dialogue flowed well and it was easy to imagine the scenes playing out in real life.

I was fully immersed in Lucy’s world in Lucid, both in her dreams and her awakened state. The dream scenes were gripping and the young love story was sweet and authentic.

I’m now invested in this wonderful story and can’t wait to read the sequel.
Jodi Gallegos
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
I've read an early draft and can't wait to read the final version!
Nara S
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Many thanks to Lakewater Press for an ARC.

Lucy is haunted nightly by dreams of death. Not only that, they are real deaths which have already occurred. Once Lucy hears the news, she dreads the night to come, the helplessness of witnessing the last moments of the people who have died.

Lucy feels isolated by her ability. However, when Tyler moves to town she finds him not only a welcome confidante, but they share a connection with dreams.

This story has an intriguing premise, and the developments
Lyn Steele
Leanne Fetherstonhaugh
Sally
Nov 24, 2018
Kristy Fairlamb
Dec 10, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Deborah Maroulis
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
Feb 02, 2019
Cassie
Feb 02, 2019
Kristy Fairlamb is an Australian author of the Young Adult Lucid series coming out in 2019.
She spends her days drinking coffee and torturing her characters with loads of tension – both love related and the nail biting kind.
Long before her days of writing began she spent half her childhood in a make believe world; daydreaming about growing up, falling in love, and travelling the world.
She’s worked