Start by marking “Lucid (Lucid, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lucid (Lucid, #1)

Lucid

(Lucid #1)

What do you do when you live on the precipice between life and death?
Lucy Piper possesses the horrifying ability to resurrect real-life tragic events in her nightmares. Car accidents, drownings, plane crashes – she’s seen it all. She dies with the victims and when she wakes, must act as if life is perfectly fine.

When the lines between reality and dreams blur, how can you
Published April 23rd 2019 by Wool Street Press

To ask other readers questions about Lucid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucid

Start your review of Lucid (Lucid, #1)
Danielle's
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lucid intrigued me and was tempting me like a forbidden sweet. The blurb made me want to understand the world Lucy lives in. She is haunted by the reality of her dreams. She sees people’s deaths and witnesses the brutality. One dream in particular holds a secret. She meets a boy who is about to become her past, future and present. This is a romance with a fantasy element. It’s the first book in a series and will leave you wanting more.

Tyler is the boy of her dreams. His name rings a bell and hi
Shirley Cuypers
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2019
3.5/5*

Original review

This book was provided by the author through Chapter by Chapter in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Kristy Fairlamb and Chapter by Chapter!

Lucid
is the first book in the Lucid series and tells the story of Lucy and Tyler.

I really like the concept of Lucid, because it’s really interesting. I mean, dreaming about people’s death and then trying to save them is really original. I really liked Lucy and Tyler’s relationship and I liked reading about their friends and fami
Brooke
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I'd once thought love weakened a person, but it didn't. It was the loss of love that brought people to their knees."

Teenager Lucy Piper has very vivid nightmares… the problem is they’re real. Lucy relives tragic deadly events of people she knows as well as people she’s never met. And she’s powerless to do anything as she watches people die every night in her dreams. But when someone moves into town that she’s linked with in her dreams, Lucy begins to learn that her curse may have more power tha
Diana Rose
Lucid By Kristy Fairlamb
Lakewater Press Pub Date; April 23, 2019
********five star book ***five star book***** five stars

Lucy lives a lonely existence on the precipice between life and death. She possesses the horrifying ability to resurrect real-life tragic events in her nightmares, reliving over and over, as if she were there, the last few moments before the victim takes their final breath. Car accidents, drownings, plane crashes – Lucy has seen it all. No one understands what it’s like livin
Kat
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The idea behind this book caught me immediately. A curse to see the dark moments people face? How much more interesting is that?

One of my favorite parts of this book was the darkness in the writing. An Australian girl tries to live with the ability to see people's most tragic memories leading her to isolate herself. Then, everything is interrupted when a boy from one of her dreams walks in front of her.

The main character is a tough one and experiences things that push her to the breaking point
Katherine
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read! What a clever premise that had me wondering where it would take me. I wasn’t disappointed. I’m glad you took the time to follow your creativity. Thank you. I look forward to the sequel!
Holly Bettcher
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's 2am and I am buzzing. Once I got into the story I was unable to stop reading, despite the late hour. I want to know what happens in the next installment! But I digress... let's backtrack...

'Lucid' thrusts us into the world of Lucy Piper, a teenager who has been plagued by visions of death, but now things have changed, because someone from her dreams has interrupted her waking life, and her life will never be the same again.

Set among an Australian backdrop, which brings to mind the familiar
Poppy Nwosu
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful supernatural romance (/ thriller? So hard to pin down!)
I loved reading the whole thing, but for me it was definitely the ending that cinched it, which I just adored. Without getting into spoiler territory, I just loved that final conflict and seeing the decisions our main characters were forced to make. The ending really has me keen for the next book in the series! A big dose of romance too, which I am always fully here for! :)
I was so excited to get an advance ARC from the
Sarah-Jayne Burgemeister
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I didn’t have to be anywhere or do anything once I started this as I was captivated right from the beginning. I love that I truly felt I was on the journey with Lucy, completely immersed in her experiences and life. Lucy took me back to my high school days - the emotions, the dramas, the friends. I knew this was an incredible read when I would put the kindle down and my mind would drift back in time reminiscing then returning to think on Lucy and what could be in store for her in the comi ...more
Victoria Bravington
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely enjoyed reading this, I couldn’t put it down! The main character, Lucy has an ability to experience the last moments of people’s lives in her dreams. She has an incredibly big and selfless heart and struggles with not being able to change the outcomes until she encounters a boy that had appeared in one of these dreams. She then starts to discover how her ability can be expanded and how to help people.
I cannot praise Kristy Fairlamb’s writing style enough, I was drawn in with each w
James Weaver
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lucid is a very well-written story with a compelling premise - a girl who dreams about tragedies as if she's there at the scene. Fairlamb is an excellent writer who does a great job conveying the scene, emotions and thoughts of her characters. The only drawback for me was the interactions between the teens went on a little long and I wanted to get back to the dreams. That said, this is definitely recommended for those who like the YA category with a supernatural twist. You won't be disappointed.
Rachael Mazurczak
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lucid was a real page-turner for me – it gripped me from the start with strong imagery coupled with perfect pacing. The dialogue flowed well and it was easy to imagine the scenes playing out in real life.

I was fully immersed in Lucy’s world in Lucid, both in her dreams and her awakened state. The dream scenes were gripping and the young love story was sweet and authentic.

I’m now invested in this wonderful story and can’t wait to read the sequel.
Kade Gulluscio
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to netgalley for allowing me to read this arc.

If you liked the “Mara Dyer” series, you’ll love this book. Even though it’s a YA book, as an adult, I enjoyed everything about this. The characters connect through their dreams. Even if paranormal reads aren’t your thing, give this book a shot. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Rebecca Carpenter
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LUCID is a tightly-woven story about a teen girl, Lucy, who dreams about real-events after they happen, only in her dreams she’s right there, watching, agonizing as the victims take their final breaths.
When Tyler moves to town, Lucy feels an instant connection. It isn’t long before she realizes why—she’s seen him in her dreams—because she relived the night his father died. But her ability to dream the past and connect with the dead might not be the nightmare that she’s tried so hard to avoid.
K
Jodi Gallegos
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
I've read an early draft and can't wait to read the final version!

Updated after reading the final version
Lucy has a gift, which is also a curse. At night, in her dreams, she visits and relives tragedies, watching as strangers across the world take their final breaths.
And then a familiar boy moves in near Lucy, she knows she’s never met him, but why does she remember his face so clearly?
Soon Lucy is confronting the realities of her abilities, are there limitations to what she can do in her drea
Elsa
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was actually quite riveting!

The plot is original and interesting. Although Lucy can be annoying, almost repetitive at times, she made for a really enjoyable narrator. It tells of her nightmares, which are reliving the last moments of people's deaths. Ironic, much?!

I especially loved Tyler and the ending pulled at my heart strings. I definitely recommend Lucid and I'd actually really enjoy Grandma Tess' story. Perhaps we'll see more with the sequel!

Thank you so much for this ARC.
Nara S
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Many thanks to Lakewater Press for an ARC.

Lucy is haunted nightly by dreams of death. Not only that, they are real deaths which have already occurred. Once Lucy hears the news, she dreads the night to come, the helplessness of witnessing the last moments of the people who have died.

Lucy feels isolated by her ability. However, when Tyler moves to town she finds him not only a welcome confidante, but they share a connection with dreams.

This story has an intriguing premise, and the developments
D.L. Shepherd
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel kept me guessing with every turn of the page, and the author has a real talent for depicting emotions. It was like you were right there with the main character, Lucy, experiencing every twist and turn first hand. So glad to see there is a sequel in the works!
S.J. Morgan
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kristy Fairlamb’s debut YA supernatural thriller, Lucid, has an intriguing premise - it’s about a girl who dreams of real-life tragedies as if she’s there at the scene. When she meets new boy, Tyler, her ‘powers’ take on a special significance. I don’t want to give away any spoilers but what I can say is - Lucid is a real page-turner and the pace and plot keep you guessing right up to the end. If you like YA supernatural contemporaries with a nice twist of romance, you’ll love Lucid. I'm looking ...more
Amanda Shepherd
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Captivating plot, beautifully written - didn’t want to put it down. When can I get my hands on the sequel!!!!!!!
Camilla (ReaderintheAttic)
TW: death, grief, loss of beloved ones

Lucid is the first I read in a special circumstance for me: I had actual contact with the author. So, even if Kristy wasn't anything else but sweet, it feels pretty strange? For reasons but not bad ones. It's always a tiny more difficult to review a work from someone you actually talked to. That's because I'm a softy and I understand the work behind a book.
So, yes, I just want to be transparent on that, letting you know that I talked to the author but this w
Katherine Paschal
**Review can be found at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

Lucy has been having vivid dreams for years, more nightmares than anything else, where she experiences the deaths of strangers that she can't help. She has no one to confide in and feels overwhelmed and depressed about her life, but all of a sudden that changes. Someone from one of her dreams is now attending her school and he seems to know her too. Lucy has no idea what to do, but it seems like fate has everything all planned out any
Nadia Holmes
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a unique concept! I loved being drawn into the fantasy world of Lucid, yet it was still very much grounded in a realistic world. I could relate to the characters and found myself becoming nostalgic about my own youth. Beautifully written - and as I turned the final page, I was left satisfied, as the story resolved poetically and profoundly.
Jodie Barton-marafioti
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart ached for Lucy and as I read to the end I hoped that she would one day set out to find Tyler because their love was meant to be. So looking forward to reading Luminous to see what path they take in life.
Well written Kristy thanks for letting me know Lucy and Tyler.
BookyCat
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading the description and seeing the cover (so pretty) I had to read it. Dreams can be so mysterious and sometimes we wonder what they mean. In the book the perspective is a little different but still interesting.
About the story, Lucy has a power, a gift according to her grandmother, a curse according to her. Can’t blame her for thinking that way, her nightmares of their deaths are very vivid, and it happens a lot. Through the story we see how much she struggles with this gift, the hards
Sally
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved this. wow Kristy well done. Can’t wait for the next one.
Robert Reed
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love books about time travel, changing the past, alternate realities, etc. so the premise of this book really caught my attention. The main character, Lucy, experiences strange dreams every night - vivid nightmares. She doesn't know the people in her dreams, but one day she meets a boy named Tyler and immediately recognizes him from the night before. What's more shocking, he recognizes her from the dream as well!

This book is so well written that I didn't want to put it down. I also really enjo
Laurie Bell
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow I enjoyed this.

The concept is chilling… dreams so lucid it is like being there but the catch is that the dreams are of someone’s untimely death. What does that do to a person. To see, over and over, the deaths of innocent people (and children) and know you can do nothing but bare witness to the worst day, the final day, of their life? Then imagine you are only 16. Lucy Is gifted with a terrible burden and it is taking a massive toll on her young life. But then someone she meets in a dream sh
Jennifer MacKenzie
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lucid mixed a coming of age YA story with almost believable fantasy suspense. The main characters are all well developed and very likable. Kristy Fairlamb has blended the high emotions associated with tragic loss and life changing situations with the everyday occurrences that happen at school and in families. I am not normally a YA reader but this had me wanting to go to bed each night to see what was happening for Lucy, Tyler and their friends. I look forward to the sequel.
Lyn Steele
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book immensely and got so caught up in it that I had to keep reading, as well as spreading out my reading time so that the end didn't happen too quickly as I wanted to savour it ..... I can't wait for Luminous to see what happens next. A must read for young and old.
Goodreads Librari...: Joining books to make a series 3 19 Feb 13, 2020 11:39PM

• Naughty Shorts: True Stories of Sex and Bad Judgment at Work
  • Hide
  • The Liar's Wife
  • The Nanny's Secret (A Locke Industries Novel)
  • You’re the Reason
  • Aggro
  • Making Friends with Alice Dyson
  • Living on Stolen Land
  • The Safe Place
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • The Long Distance Playlist
  • I Said Yes
  • The Yellow Bird Sings
Kristy Fairlamb is an Australian author of Young Adult novels with high stakes and heart.
She spends her days drinking coffee and torturing her characters with loads of tension – both love related and the nail biting kind.
Long before her days of writing began she spent half her childhood in a make believe world; daydreaming about growing up, falling in love, and travelling the world.
She’s worked as