Start by marking “Shuri (2018-) #2” as Want to Read:
Shuri (2018-) #2

Shuri (2018-) #2

(Shuri #2)

THE SEARCH FOR T’CHALLA BEGINS! The king of Wakanda has been missing for weeks. Now, his little sister is tired of waiting. It’s time for Shuri — with a little help from Storm of the X-Men — to go save her brother for what must be the millionth time. But Wakanda expects the princess to take the throne — and the Panther mantle — once again. Can Wakanda survive without a Bla ...more
Published November 21st 2018 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Shuri (2018-) #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shuri (2018-) #2

Start your review of Shuri (2018-) #2
Lauren
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great build-up in this issue. I really like what Okorafor is doing for this story. Also, that ending!
Monica **can't read fast enough**
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
A really good continuation of the series. I don't know how comic fans do this on a regular basis. Having to wait so long in between editions especially when we only get a snippet of story is killing me!

You can find me at:
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Groot? Seriously?
Geoff
Nov 26, 2018 added it
I really want to like this series, but this book felt like a hot mess to me. Fingers crossed that it gets better in the next issue, but with the way things ended here it'll have to be quite the change of pace.
Anna Heidick
That ending added some interest, but wow, this series has been so boring and extremely slow paced. For a plot problem set up in the first couple pages of issue one, these past two issues took way to long to get to anything, and it still feels empty and unsatisfying.

I'm probably not going to continue reading this series, and will wait until she hopefully gets a different better series after this run. It's a shame. I really wanted to be interested in Shuri! However, this series is just ironically
Amma
Well, that was unexpected plot twist. I'm here for it.
Eva
Feb 25, 2020 added it
Shelves: blackathon
I really liked the first volume in this series but this one really took me to places I wasn't expecting! Highly enjoyable series so far!
Lola
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts On: Shuri #2

1. I haven't talked about them yet, but I love the covers so far for this series. I'm particularly in love with this issue's cover by Sam Spratt because I think it particularly captures Shuri's struggle of whether or not she should take up the Black Panther mantle again. However, I think all of the covers of this series depict a confident, strong, cool Shuri and feel perfectly in line with the tone of the character and the story itself.

2. Shuri is perfectly within her rig
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
Before I start, can I just say that I adore Shuri? I’m so happy that she got her own series. Not only because she’s amazing (though that is a large chunk of my reasoning) but because I feel like in the past her plots have been so spread out that they’re next to impossible to truly follow. I love seeing her story consolidated into one actual series, with her being the main focus. It’s cool and easier on me, so win-win.
This was a decent issue, on the whole. There was some time spent on building
Ido
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel
3.5
I really liked the episode.
After the end of the previous episode that suggests that Shori be the Black Panther, we join her first training and we see mystical hunters, we see flashbacks towards her and I really liked it quite a bit.
And the end was funny and odd, how did it turn into a grotesque?
Francette August
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
T’challa is missing. The Queen and the Wakanda leadership would like Shuri to take the role of Black Panther. Shuri does not want to become Black Panther. Shuri goes out to find her brother. Shuri is determined to find her brother’s ship and has enlisted the help of some friends.

Emily
The plot is starting to pick up, though I'm not sure what to think of that ending! I'm loving all the women working together in this series, though it'd be nice if the plot wasn't so heavily centered on T'Challa instead of Shuri. Gosh, these covers are gorgeous!
Luiz Santiago
Crítica | Shuri: A Busca Pelo Pantera Negra
James Staten
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Storm in Wakanda yay

Love the interaction between all of the women. Love Storm's hair. Love that Shuri has lost that sense of entitlement she used to have.
Shayla
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Shuri is Groot lol, I wonder what happened to the younger girl.
Lily
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
An alright issue. Good setup (albeit really weird) for the next issue, and i like the spiritual doctor character. storm in braids gives it an extra star!
anna
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
the cover art is actually gorgeous omllll
Bri White
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved issue 2.
Miki
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: women
Brilliant second issue: Shuri gets help from a few friends in the attempt to find her brother, and she gets quite close.... The last scene is such a surprise and mindblowingly perfect!!!
Shelby
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ummm... that cliffhanger! Wtf
Sierra the Nerdgirl
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. I wasn't really enjoying this until Storm came in, now I'm here for it.
Mjspice
HOSHIT.
Al
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, english, e-book
Ok, I didn't expect that ending at all. It was very funny, though.
Sierra Humiston
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
In the voice of Ricky Dillon, FUN!
Cortney
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Not much action but a nice little surprise visit from Storm. Hoping for more action in the next 3 comics.
Ivy Moore
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-18-19
This series is on track to be the best of the year. The art is fantastic, the colors are magnificent, and the story is brilliant. Shuri shines without just being there to mooch off Black Panter popularity. She's a three-dimension character, as are all the characters in this series. (view spoiler) ...more
Adrienna
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not as intriguing as I would've liked

I have been excited to read wakanda's princess and black Panthers sister. Then, the fact that it was written by an African female writer, which I've enjoyed her other works.

Yet after reading book 1 I went and purchased all the series, however, this one didn't get interesting until the end. I hope the next one is better.

I own a copy and giving my honest opinion on the read.
Bradley Bowen
Apr 30, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Ironheart (2018-) #1
  • Black Panther (2018-) #6
  • Ironheart (2018-) #2
  • Killmonger (2018-) #1 (of 5)
  • Killmonger (2018-) #3 (of 5)
  • Killmonger (2018-) #2 (of 5)
  • Black Panther (2018-) #2
  • Captain Marvel (2019-) #1
  • Ironheart (2018-) #3
  • Black Panther (2018-) #4
  • Black Panther (2018-) #5
  • Black Panther (2018-) #3
  • Miles Morales: Spider-Man (2018-) #2
  • Killmonger (2018-) #4 (of 5)
  • Captain Marvel (2019-) #2
  • Miles Morales: Spider-Man (2018-) #1
  • Miles Morales: Spider-Man (2018-) #3
  • Shuri, Vol. 2: 24/7 Vibranium
Nnedi Okorafor is a Nigerian-American author of African-based science fiction and fantasy (Africanfuturism and Africanjujuism). Okorafor has won a Hugo, a Nebula, a World Fantasy Award, and a Locus Award, and her many fans include Neil Gaiman, Rick Riordan, John Green, and Ursula Le Guin. She is writing a series for Marvel about Shuri, Black Panther’s sister, and has a number of book-based project ...more

Shuri (10 books)