Start by marking “Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)

Lover Awakened

(Black Dagger Brotherhood #3)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  161,519 ratings  ·  6,937 reviews
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there’s a deadly war raging between vampires and their slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Of these, Zsadist is the most terrifying member of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

A former blood slave, the vampire Zsadist still bears the scars from a pas
Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Published September 5th 2006 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Lover Awakened, please sign up.
April Yes, You can follow without reading the other books but each book features one of the Warriors and his story so you will come to see that the bonds be…moreYes, You can follow without reading the other books but each book features one of the Warriors and his story so you will come to see that the bonds between characters are interlinked
(less)
Maria Mr O went to the Omega and bargained to take Mr X’s place.
Mr O went to the Omega and bargained to take Mr X’s place.
It was where Mr O stabbed himself back to the Omega in Mr X’s farmhouse. When Mr O returned to the farmhouse he saw where Mr X was recalled. It was in Z and Bella’s book. (less)

·  161,519 ratings  ·  6,937 reviews

Start your review of Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Fuck I love Z Stars

photo 14485289_zps8xiycumy.gif

"I...I can't get clean. I don't want you to get dirty, too." He lifted his wrist and blood oozed down from his forearm. "See? Look at the dirt. It's all over me. Inside of me." -Z

Spoilers

First read 2014
Reread 3/26/2017

"When I was..." She cleared her throat. "When I was in that hole in the ground, I thought of you. I wanted you to come for me. I knew you could get me out." His brows went down even though his lids were lowered. "I thought of you, too." "You did?" His chin
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Beautiful.
Don't know what more to say about this book.
Amazing and beautiful and those 5 stars don't do it justice.
Z is definitely my favorite BDB Brother <3

"He couldn’t stand to have anyone put their hands to him…though he wished he’d let Bella find a piece of his flesh just once. With her, he might have been able to handle it."

The story

**this wi
KatLynne

Z

My dear friend Karla and I went on this emotional roller coaster of a ride together. It was so much fun and I enjoyed every minute! Her unique way with words and her humor kept me in stitches. Thank you sweet Karla for reading this with me and to all our friends for their encouragement along the way!

Whew...What a story! There is no way I can do a review and do justice to this book. Zsadist's story was everything and more that I was told. I have fallen hard for another one of JRW's brothers!
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
This is where most people would say something like: "warning! Unpopular opinion time!"

This is where I say something like: "this is my opinion! I don't give a damn what you think! Oh, and by the way, I don't like you either!"

Just so you know.

Sooooo. This was ridiculous, stupid and boring. Wait, I think I'm forgetting something here. Oh yeah, it was pretty lame, too. I think it's high time to get my favourite antediluvian beast out of extinction:

Good doggy.

Believe it or not, the main proble
k8inorbit
Jun 11, 2008 rated it did not like it
5 THOUSAND BELOVED-NALLA STARS!!!

I've read this book countless times, but this is my first review. Zsadist is my 5th favorite book man ever!!!

...even though his face was harsh, his voice was so soft and beautiful, like the candle flame.

A dark musk with an evergreen spice.

My Zsadist:

♥

Zsadist is a tortured soul, the darkest of the Brothers, the meanest. After spending a hundred years as a blood and sex slave, he has nothing left to give anyone, and he can barely stay alive for himself. He
Buggy
Opening Line:"Goddamn it, Zsadist! Don't jump--"

~ZSADIST YOU BROKE MY HEART~
This is an amazing book and my favourite in the series. LOVER AWAKENED tells the agonizingly painful story of Zsadist, a former blood slave and most feared member of the Blackdagger Brotherhood. After Zsadist rescues the beautiful, aristocrat Bella from the Lessoning Society's torture facility she refuses to leave his side (or bed.) Craving the strength and security she now finds only with him. And it's with her growing
P
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This is the best of the series. Zsadist is a real tortured hero. What he has been through shatters my heart. And Bella, she is a savior of this broken man. She has fire in her heart, especially when he tries to push her away, she resists. That's why I love her. That's why I love this book so damn much !

“He knew he was being overbearing as hell, but he couldn't h
Emily May
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal-uf, pnr, 2011

Plot: 5 stars
Characters: 5 stars
Writing: 5 stars
Sexiness: 4 stars
Ending: 5 stars

Overall: 4.8 stars

I've fallen in love with Zsadist :)
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Jun 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: J.R Ward fans and paranormal romance fans
Jesus, I hated Zsadist before this book. I thought of him as a ruthless killer, and he is. But there is another side of him that is revealed in this book. With Bella, Zsadist's tortured soul is exposed. You see a much darker side of him that is painful and I feel ashamed to say that I am captivated by him. Knowing him, that is the last thing he would want. Zsadist has no patience for those who show sympathy or pity him. And I respect him more for that.

This is one of the more darker books of the
Dina
Feb 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars

Photobucket

"Everyone" has already read this book, so I'm just going to rant a bit...

Zsadist had me intrigued since I read Dark Lover, because he was pretty much an outcast within the Brotherhood and I knew there had to be something "good" inside him. I also knew that his story would be "scary" (for lack of a better word) and, boy, I was not mistaken! I thought Sin MacAllister from Kinley MacGregor's Born in Sin was the most tortured hero in Romancelandia but, compared to Z's, Sin's life was
Beth
Oct 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Edit 2020 - the Kindle version of this book effing suuucks. I'm annoyed that I paid for it. There are multiple scene breaks in every/almost every chapter and none of them are delineated from each other so it goes from one scene/character to the next without any additional spaces to give an expected and needed visual indication that you've just hopped from Zsadist's freezing bedroom to the locker room with John Matthew being bullied by Lash.

It almost makes me think I could/would/should threaten
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

And finally, 04/11/2012, my re-read over.

My favorite scene from the book: (view spoiler)
Sophia Triad
Zhadist and Bella

“What is your name?" she murmured.
He cocked an eyebrow at her and then went back to staring at his brother. "I'm the evil one, in case you haven't figured it out."
"I wanted your name, not your calling."
"Being a bastard's more of a compulsion, really. And it's Zsadist. I am Zsadist.”
(From Lover Eternal)

This is how Bella and Zhadist were introduced and one thing that you have to learn about the BDB is that all the books are connected somehow. So, when you open Lover
Sԋҽʅʅყ ƚԋҽ Wҽιɾԃ αɳԃ Wαɳԃҽɾιɳɠ Wαɾɾισɾ
$1.99 on September 28, 2017 US Amazon.

This is my second time reading this book. Although there was way too many side-plots and other POVs, I'm still going to keep my original rating.

I loved Z's back story, even though it was sad and horrible. I love the "Beauty and the Beast" aspect. Z is scarred, but he is so sexy and he adores Bella. It's sweet to see him struggle and overcome his issues with physical contact and gentleness. But he ends up being one of the best mates ever. I like Bella. She kn
Christy
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!!!!!

photo 6249c14b-72d0-4966-a3bd-411c8c4ffe7c_zps5dba661f.jpg

And I thought it couldn’t get any better than Rhage’s book... I was wrong!

Z’s story was just beautiful. I loved it!

Reader beware... If you haven’t read the first two books, there may be some small spoilers.
“I'm not broken, I'm ruined. Do you understand the difference? With broken maybe you can fix things. Ruined? All you can do is wait to bury me.”

photo 864af230-b66d-45e5-a429-2c98707b8ec4_zpsed21088b.jpg
(Just add the scar and this is my PERFECT Z)

photo 766a7626-617f-495c-a57f-1831aa0c0112_zpsc6aaff7a.jpg

Zsadist is the broken warrior of the BDB. He had a different upbringing th
warhawke
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Type: Book 3 of Black Dagger Brotherhood series
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Zsadist (Z) was a notoriously feared and despised warrior of The Black Dagger Brotherhood. Growing up as a blood slave, his past shaped his persona, repelling him from physical contact and affection.

Bella was born into aristocracy. Despite her bloodline, with beauty and poise, she was attracted to Z’s ruthless recklessness because she could see the goodness within. But breaking in was never as simple
Mo
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I have enjoyed the first 2 books in this series but was highly anticipating this one. Z seemed like such a tortured hero in the previous books.

It would take a strong woman to save Zsadist. But then again, I think the women I have met so far are strong – ya hear me, Irene?
“Z: "You know, this was a hell of a lot easier when you were out cold in the back of that tru
Debra Johnson
Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
5 Stars! 8/29/19 Reread!
4.5 Stars 1st Read rating

Loved it more the 2nd time around.
More thoughts later. (I'm at work right now)

If you have read Rhage & Mary's story & thought that was emotional, in this one, Zsadist & Bella's story, you will get an all new concept and experience of what emotional truly is.
Zsadist history will make you gasp in horror and break your heart. I loved him.
While I liked Bella a lot, I can't say I c
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
In my opinion, this is THE best of the BDB series, not to mention one of my favorite books of ALL time overall. I absolutely LOVED Zadist. His tortured, scarred soul creates such an amazing character and the way he falls in love with Bella is beautiful.

For me, this was one of those books that sucks you in and makes you forget and/or ignore everything else around you. I was absolutely enthralled and literally saddened when it was over.
Princess under cover
This is my favorite story out of all of JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Bella is OK, but I always fall for the Hero of any romance book. Have to. Or what's the point of reading romances??

Zsadist is the ultimate tortured-hero-badass-turned-good romance fantasy guy. And can I please rent him when I'm "in heat" next time? Cuz the sex scenes when Bella has her needing?...DAMN!
Ren Puspita
Never do a review like this, but, this is my fans letter to Zsadist , hero of Lover Awakened :D (okay, Roarke, Raphael, Bones, Eidolon, and all my harem, I'll do love letter for you all. PROMISE!)

Once upon a night , a lonely time in a one single room at Jakarta, Indonesia...

Dear Zsadist,

My heart will always broke for you.
You such an arrogant ass!
Oh yes, but you have a reason because of that...
You hurt Bella's feeling!
Oh yes, but you can't help it even you love her...
You think you not deserve h
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (SLOW)
OH FREAKIN VIRGIN ! P.S:It's a book reference...I swear I'm not being weird.. ;) I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK !! AND THAT TWIST IN THE END !!

(view spoiler) I FEEL SO STUPID FOR NOT SEEING THAT COMING...lol...XD

Even though it's true....

description

I STILL think I need Atleast a 24 hour break to recover from reading all THREE books in a stretch.Lol...it sure was one heck of a ride ! ["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
Alyssa
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, 2016-reads
Sorry for the late review :/ I was too overwhelmed with happiness when I finished XD

SPOILERS EVERYWHERE! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If I could, I would give this one 1,ooo FUCKING stars!

"'I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came... and I was awakened.'"

I. Am. Utterly. Speechless.

description

Well, in a good way of course.

"And diamond were eternal, weren't they? They lasted forever. Just like his memories of her."

Okay, let me talk about
• Lisa •
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 ZSADIST STARS.

If I was choose to drop the F BOMB in any review, this book would be IT ...

I loved this book, if I haven't quite made myself clear yet, then let me just tell you I have an unhealthy Fixation on all things BROTHERHOOD. This is (so far) my favourite book and brother of the series, and if possible I'm more addicted then ever.

Zsadist THE ultimate in the alpha kingdom of vampires ~ Broken, destroyed, scarred, damaged, dark, dangerous and I LOVED him.

Zsadist is my favourite of the brot
Kaila
5/5 stars

Oh. My. Gosh! I am completely speechless, spellbound and unable to think a single coherent thought. It was just so breathtakingly amazing!! It's as if every single great thing about the first two books was made 100 times greater and then put into this single book of pure perfection. This is without a doubt my favourite book of the year so far and definitel
Sandra
5 ZSADIST-IS-MINE-AND-MINE-ONLY STARS!

When i finally received Lover Awakened in my mail..

tumblr m3b7e0x Rq A1qc9lhz

I almost fainted of excitement because as most of you know Zsadist is my favorite brother in the BDB.

Did his book reach my expectations?

stepbrothers yep gif

Meet then my Zsadist and Bella...

359fc660 d3cf 4a7f b827 9ef28a6df3ad zps754b7f01

Zsadist.
He is the most terrifying and scarred member of the black dagger brotherhood.
Zsadist has a lot of demons from his past that just won't let go of him no matter what.
Renowned for his unquenchable fury and sinister dee
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Family portrait!
Zsadist, Phury, Tohrment, Wrath, Rhage, Vishous, Butch

I admire all of you who read BDB when it was first released and had to wait a year between each book. I can only imagine the anticipation as you waited a year for the next book to be released. *thumbs up*

Even though this book is almost a decade old it has all the elements we as romance readers love:
♥ protective alpha male
♥ conflict
♥ sexy time
♥ imperfect characters (blind, mute, dark past, etc...)
♥ forbidden romance

The bonding
K
5 Stars!!!

OMG this book was the BEST book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series yet!!
There was so much drama and angst and it hurt so much to put the book down and continue with life when I had to :(

So...into the details!
This book was about the brother Zsadist! It told the story of Zsadist and why he is so feared and standoffish compared to the other brothers. The book explained Zsadist's past by including flashbacks of when he was essentially kidnapped by this rich cougar "mistress" who feeds
Choko
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This whole series is Over the Top to the extreme! It is a fun read as long as you don't take it seriously 😃😃😃
Vampires, Weres a...: Quarterly: Lover Awakened 66 32 Apr 04, 2020 10:01AM
did anyone else cry?!?! *Spoilers* 25 418 Apr 23, 2019 08:20AM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Lover Awakened [5 Jan 2019] 24 18 Jan 12, 2019 01:01AM
Goodreads Librari...: add cover to audiobook 2 14 May 05, 2018 09:48PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Black Dagger Brotherhood - Lover Awakened (BDB #3) - Starting Sep. 1 21 119 Oct 05, 2017 03:28AM

• A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1)
  • Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • Fantasy Lover (Hunter Legends Series #1)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)
  • Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #11)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

Black Dagger Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)
  • Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
  • Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)