Start by marking “Lie to Me” as Want to Read:
Lie to Me

Lie to Me

Ever since Amelia woke up in the hospital, recovering from a near-death fall she has no memory of, she's been suspicious. Her friends, family, and doctors insist it was an accident, but Amelia is sure she remembers being pushed. Then another girl is found nearby -- one who fell, but didn't survive. Amelia's fears suddenly feel very real, and with the help of her new ...more
Published January 7th 2020 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Lie to Me, please sign up.
Sharon I am only on page 66, there has been a conversation between two girls about how one girl new she was a lesbian. The other girl is wondering if she…moreI am only on page 66, there has been a conversation between two girls about how one girl new she was a lesbian. The other girl is wondering if she likes boys and girls. So far no sex, or bad language.(less)
Susan No, this is not related to any of the author's other titles.

Start your review of Lie to Me
Kim
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-and-youth
DNF. I read an I corrected proof. I read the first 50 pages and last 30. The first chapter made it seem mysterious enough that teens might get intrigued, but it was poorly written and full of cliches and a bit over the top. I was looking for a teen mystery to recommend to my students: this isn’t it. I’d give it one star, but since I didn’t finish it, I gave it one for the possibility of the middle redeeming g the over explained beginning and ridiculous end.
Shalini
A murder mystery at the core.

Amelia had a fall, but she was sure she was pushed. Girls were being killed and that scared her. Had she been the target of a serial killer or was that an accident?

My first book by Kaitlin Ward, the book was fast paced. It had hints of murder mystery, but it was basically a high school drama with rampant hormones in most parts. Amelia was a typical teen. Her relationship with mom and brother was good. Rest had too much drama.

Liam as the boyfriend felt supportive.
Jypsel Reads
A Review from a Middle School Teacher:

"Lie to Me," by Kaitlin Ward was recommended to me by a reluctant reader at the school I'm currently teaching at. She absolutely consumed this book. She's 13, a typical middle school girl and I think the exact demographic that this book is aimed for.

I'm 29, well-read and I figured out the mystery just from reading the back cover. I'm not this book's demographic.

I think this is an excellent book for reluctant readers because the action starts from the
alisha
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not sure why but Kaitlyn Ward's books I always love.
Nicole Hathaway
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ariya Miller
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
anya
Dec 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-in-2020
This hasn’t gotten the best of ratings but it looks hella good so into the 2020 tbr pile it goes...
Christy
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I kinda knew who was before the end of the book, but was hoping I was wrong. It's a great, quick read. Took me a day and a half to read while at school.
Micayla
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was awsome.
Holly
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Drowning is one of the top fears in the world, and it's also one of the top ways to cover up a murder. In Lie to Me, Ward's fourth YA novel, she uses drowning as the basis of the story. Yet, this book fell very short in the thriller/mystery genre: Ward gives away too many hints at the beginning of the book, that most readers will have the murderer figured out by chapter 7; she also focuses too much on romance, something that should have caused this story to be filed under a different category ...more
Monique
“But the gut feeling remains, and after I saw that news article about Maria Lugen’s death, the feeling has strengthened tenfold. I don’t want someone to have tried to kill me. But, if they did, I want to know who it was. And why me. And I want to catch them before they try it again.” (Pg. 7)

A Scholastic find on the library shelves I chose title alone and man I wouldn’t have because amnesia stories are not my thing LOL..and this title did not make sense to me....I mean we get it you don’t
Charlie
Jan 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Uuuuuuuugh.

I don't know what to say about this book other than that I was really disappointed by it from start to finish.

I didn't care about the romance or the mystery. I cared about Grace and Amelia's friendship, and Sky, and that was about it. While there were some interesting things said and I liked the focus on how trauma affects everyone in a person's life, overall it was extremely disappointing.

I think my least favorite part was (view spoiler)
Lauren R.
Ah, man. Way too predictable; I knew what was going on from the beginning basically. I didn’t jive with the writing style too much either. I did enjoy the small town Vermont setting quite a bit. Dang.

More thoughts:(view spoiler)
Charvi
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it

I don't have many positive things to say about this book. What I will say is that it was easy to read and the writing style wasn't that bad but it wasn't very gripping either.

For me, the characters didn't attract me very much, I was always aware of the fact that I was reading a story and I wasn't immersed in it. And the thing that put me off the most was that I saw the killer coming from miles away.

I was suspicious of the murderer from the very beginning and then at the very first
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Amelia wakes from nearly falling to her death, unable to recall what happens and doctors say she may never remember. Everyone says the fall was an accident, but Amelia thinks someone tried to push her. And she’s not the only one. Two other teenage girls have been killed. The creepy guy next door might be the culprit. Or not. Now Amelia is getting threatening texts. Time may be running out.

Amelia has a LOT going on. Not only is she recovering from a concussion and broken arm, she’s questioning
Zoe L.
Full review (and giveaway) on my blog: https://yaitslitblog.wordpress.com/20...

So, I see that this book hasn’t gotten great reviews, and I don’t know why. Yes it is written for teens/pre-teens and reads a bit juvenile, but I mean, it is a YA book. I think that YA and NA books are becoming so intertwined that people forget that there is a differentiation between the two genres. While figuring out the murder may be easy for those who are good at guessing who-done-its (and even those who aren’t), I
Laura (crofteereader)
First of all: yay for bisexual representation! And second: can we get more books shorter than 300 pages, please?

Unfortunately, despite being 260 pages, the actual plot was sidelined for more than 100 pages in favor of petty high school drama. I liked how self-aware but also believable Amelia was as a teenage main character, but the overwhelming focus on her and her best friend's respective romantic interests really took away from the forward momentum of the story.

Then again, this would probably
Thea
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars

I had high expectations from this book that it couldn't fulfill. Poorly structured and full of cliches. The first 1/4th was good and i was eagerly waiting for more suspense but there it stopped. And then begun the romance. The MC literally forgot that she was in danger and had to catch a serial killer. And duh, everything was so predictable.

Review on my blog– https://thespellboundrealm.wordpress....
Kylie Corley
I won an ARC through a Goodreads giveaway. Even though I am far from being a teen anymore, I still love reading YA. I just felt like this book was really geared towards teens. To me, it was so predictable and I wanted to yell at the main character all the time because she made poor choices. This wasn't my cup of tea, but teens would probably love this book.
Simran
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mackenzie
The book was amazing, the story line and the characters were all put together nicely. To the lady who didn't even read the book and gave it a bad rating...your dumb, maybe try actually reading the book and it had cliches because it's a book for teens..sorry not everyone wants to read Greek Mythology books anymore.
Vienna
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved whole plot of the story, and the characters were awesome. The ending was so suprising. I didn't expect to find out Liam killed his dad, and that he really wanted to kill boys sister's, innocent sister's, just to hirt them. And he is really miniplutaive.
Markia Walker
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Meghan Hopkins
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked the premise and the way the mystery built. I especially loved the bisexuality themes throughout the book! It was a bit slow and information heavy at times but overall a great read with an exciting climax and end.
Kirsti Call
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Super creepy mystery/thriller. It was a fast read, but almost too much foreshadowing so the murderer is too easily discovered.
Kim
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh...it was ok. Some middle school student will probably like it.
Ashley Sweeney
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance, with a dark spin. This book had me thinking one thing at the very beginning and then changing my mind in the end. I had a hunch of where the story line was going and absolutely loved it.
Belle Ellrich
Jan 02, 2020 rated it did not like it
{REVIEW TO COME}

Just know that I found a LOT of issues in the first six chapters alone.
Sharon
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Kara
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is one of the best books I have ever read.

• Rated
  • Pretend She's Here
  • The Forgotten Girl
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Don't Tell The Enemy
  • Wildfire
  • Truly Madly Royally
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Stepsister
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • White Bird