Start by marking “Lie to Me” as Want to Read:
Lie to Me

Lie to Me

Ever since Amelia woke up in the hospital, recovering from a near-death fall she has no memory of, she's been suspicious. Her friends, family, and doctors insist it was an accident, but Amelia is sure she remembers being pushed. Then another girl is found nearby -- one who fell, but didn't survive. Amelia's fears suddenly feel very real, and with the help of her new ...more
Published January 7th 2020 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Lie to Me, please sign up.
Sharon I am only on page 66, there has been a conversation between two girls about how one girl new she was a lesbian. The other girl is wondering if she…moreI am only on page 66, there has been a conversation between two girls about how one girl new she was a lesbian. The other girl is wondering if she likes boys and girls. So far no sex, or bad language.(less)
Susan No, this is not related to any of the author's other titles.

Start your review of Lie to Me
Kim
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-and-youth
DNF. I read an I corrected proof. I read the first 50 pages and last 30. The first chapter made it seem mysterious enough that teens might get intrigued, but it was poorly written and full of cliches and a bit over the top. I was looking for a teen mystery to recommend to my students: this isn’t it. I’d give it one star, but since I didn’t finish it, I gave it one for the possibility of the middle redeeming g the over explained beginning and ridiculous end.
Shalini
A murder mystery at the core.

Amelia had a fall, but she was sure she was pushed. Girls were being killed and that scared her. Had she been the target of a serial killer or was that an accident?

My first book by Kaitlin Ward, the book was fast paced. It had hints of murder mystery, but it was basically a high school drama with rampant hormones in most parts. Amelia was a typical teen. Her relationship with mom and brother was good. Rest had too much drama.

Liam as the boyfriend felt supportive.
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Amelia wakes from nearly falling to her death, unable to recall what happens and doctors say she may never remember. Everyone says the fall was an accident, but Amelia thinks someone tried to push her. And she’s not the only one. Two other teenage girls have been killed. The creepy guy next door might be the culprit. Or not. Now Amelia is getting threatening texts. Time may be running out.

Amelia has a LOT going on. Not only is she recovering from a concussion and broken arm, she’s questioning
Jypsel Reads
A Review from a Middle School Teacher:

"Lie to Me," by Kaitlin Ward was recommended to me by a reluctant reader at the school I'm currently teaching at. She absolutely consumed this book. She's 13, a typical middle school girl and I think the exact demographic that this book is aimed for.

I'm 29, well-read and I figured out the mystery just from reading the back cover. I'm not this book's demographic.

I think this is an excellent book for reluctant readers because the action starts from the
Thea
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars

I had high expectations from this book that it couldn't fulfill. Poorly structured and full of cliches. The first 1/4th was good and i was eagerly waiting for more suspense but there it stopped. And then begun the romance. The MC literally forgot that she was in danger and had to catch a serial killer. And duh, everything was so predictable.

Review on my blog– https://thespellboundrealm.wordpress....
alisha
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not sure why but Kaitlyn Ward's books I always love.
Charlie
Jan 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Uuuuuuuugh.

I don't know what to say about this book other than that I was really disappointed by it from start to finish.

I didn't care about the romance or the mystery. I cared about Grace and Amelia's friendship, and Sky, and that was about it. While there were some interesting things said and I liked the focus on how trauma affects everyone in a person's life, overall it was extremely disappointing.

I think my least favorite part was (view spoiler)
Energy
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amelia has woken up in the hospital after falling over a cliff that she's visited countless times. With a broken arm and a concussion, she can't remember the fall, but she has a feeling that it was more than just a fall. What's worse, is that this isn't a single incident, yet she isn't sure if she should speak up about her feelings. We follow her in her not only in her quest to figure out what happened to her but as she navigates her friendships and relationships.

I had mixed feelings about
Nicole Hathaway
Ariya Miller
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bookyworm:3
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Lie to Me was a very quick read with a plot full of potential. I was kinda let down because it was over the top for me and overwhelming. The characters were so so, and some characters were just no. There is a f/f romance. I love how it had you just stringing along until the very end where the culprit was right in your face. I give this a good ol’ 3!
Ashley Sweeney
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance, with a dark spin. This book had me thinking one thing at the very beginning and then changing my mind in the end. I had a hunch of where the story line was going and absolutely loved it.
anya
Dec 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-in-2020
This hasn’t gotten the best of ratings but it looks hella good so into the 2020 tbr pile it goes...
Belle Ellrich
Jan 02, 2020 rated it did not like it
{REVIEW TO COME}

Just know that I found a LOT of issues in the first six chapters alone.
Micayla
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was awsome.
Kim
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh...it was ok. Some middle school student will probably like it.
Alyssa
Nov 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
I personally did not like this book at all.Very weird and would not recommend this to anybody. I found the storyline hard to follow It didn't make sense.
J
ARC received through the Young Adult Literature Festival (Y'ALLFest)
If there's such a thing as a trashy murder mystery, this is it. Rife with tropes and cliches, the only thing thing that made it stand out in my mind was the fact that the protagonist was bisexual, which was refreshing. The mystery itself, however, was transparent and predictable (and that's coming from someone who binge-read Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys).
Christy
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I kinda knew who it was before the end of the book, but was hoping I was wrong. It's a great, quick read. Took me a day and a half to read while at school.
Holly
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Drowning is one of the top fears in the world, and it's also one of the top ways to cover up a murder. In Lie to Me, Ward's fourth YA novel, she uses drowning as the basis of the story. Yet, this book fell very short in the thriller/mystery genre: Ward gives away too many hints at the beginning of the book, that most readers will have the murderer figured out by chapter 7; she also focuses too much on romance, something that should have caused this story to be filed under a different category ...more
Monique
“But the gut feeling remains, and after I saw that news article about Maria Lugen’s death, the feeling has strengthened tenfold. I don’t want someone to have tried to kill me. But, if they did, I want to know who it was. And why me. And I want to catch them before they try it again.” (Pg. 7)

A Scholastic find on the library shelves I chose title alone and man I wouldn’t have because amnesia stories are not my thing LOL..and this title did not make sense to me....I mean we get it you don’t
Lauren R.
Ah, man. Way too predictable; I knew what was going on from the beginning basically. I didn’t jive with the writing style too much either. I did enjoy the small town Vermont setting quite a bit. Dang.

More thoughts:(view spoiler)
Charvi
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it

I don't have many positive things to say about this book. What I will say is that it was easy to read and the writing style wasn't that bad but it wasn't very gripping either.

For me, the characters didn't attract me very much, I was always aware of the fact that I was reading a story and I wasn't immersed in it. And the thing that put me off the most was that I saw the killer coming from miles away.

I was suspicious of the murderer from the very beginning and then at the very first
Zoe L.
Full review (and giveaway) on my blog: https://yaitslitblog.wordpress.com/20...

So, I see that this book hasn’t gotten great reviews, and I don’t know why. Yes it is written for teens/pre-teens and reads a bit juvenile, but I mean, it is a YA book. I think that YA and NA books are becoming so intertwined that people forget that there is a differentiation between the two genres. While figuring out the murder may be easy for those who are good at guessing who-done-its (and even those who aren’t), I
Laura (crofteereader)
First of all: yay for bisexual representation! And second: can we get more books shorter than 300 pages, please?

Unfortunately, despite being 260 pages, the actual plot was sidelined for more than 100 pages in favor of petty high school drama. I liked how self-aware but also believable Amelia was as a teenage main character, but the overwhelming focus on her and her best friend's respective romantic interests really took away from the forward momentum of the story.

Then again, this would probably
Kylie Corley
I won an ARC through a Goodreads giveaway. Even though I am far from being a teen anymore, I still love reading YA. I just felt like this book was really geared towards teens. To me, it was so predictable and I wanted to yell at the main character all the time because she made poor choices. This wasn't my cup of tea, but teens would probably love this book.
Simran
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mackenzie
The book was amazing, the story line and the characters were all put together nicely. To the lady who didn't even read the book and gave it a bad rating...your dumb, maybe try actually reading the book and it had cliches because it's a book for teens..sorry not everyone wants to read Greek Mythology books anymore.
Liz
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, but it had a boring start. Despite this slow start, I couldn't put the book down. This modern time, mystery thriller really grabs your attention and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Sydney Smith Hamrick
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-recs
What a great mystery/thriller YA. I eventually did realize the "whodunnit," but the sheer level of what this guilty person managed to do totally made this book for me. The last 10 pages had me totally floored. Looking forward to recommending this one to the teens!

• Rated
  • The Forgotten Girl
  • Jane Anonymous
  • Fake
  • Pretend She's Here
  • Don't Tell The Enemy
  • Focused
  • Count All Her Bones (Girl, Stolen, #2)
  • Echoes Between Us
  • Blood Will Tell (Point Last Seen, #2)
  • Malice
  • To Right the Wrongs (Erin Blake #2)
  • Furious Thing
  • Maybe He Just Likes You
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Creep