Start by marking “Mr. January (Calendar Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mr. January (Calendar Boys, #1)

Mr. January

(Calendar Boys #1)

From international bestselling author Nicole S. Goodin, comes a new standalone, second chance romance.

Andrew Woodman.
Andy to his friends.
Criminal in the eyes of the justice system.
… And now a free man.

Dylan Davies.
Fiery redhead.
Hater of bad-boys.
… And still his wife.

Three years ago, Andy took a ride in the back of a police car and out of Dylan’s life.
Now he’s fresh out of
Kindle Edition
Published January 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Mr. January, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. January

Kylee
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Calendar Boys series and believe me if I had my way Mr. January would be hanging around for the whole damn 12 months. Andy and Dylan's story is one that will have you hooked from the start, it will have you intrigued, on the edge of your seat and have you so entranced that you will not be able to put this book down. Their story is full of secrets, guilt, passion and an undeniable love that will be hard for either of them to walk away from. Truths will need to be fac ...more
Marnie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mr January is one hot as hell bad boy and romantic ex-jailbird!

Even knowing Andy was a crim, my heart broke for him. Life inside had stagnated for him, while his wife had continued living and tried to move on ‘without him’. I was only 13% into the book and already so invested in Andy’s feelings. What I didn’t realise until later on, was that Dylan had her own struggles to deal with in his absence, and despite being an independent and professional woman in her right, things were extremely difficu
Sassy Southern
Andy and Dylan love each other, but seeing him in the back of a police car, than sentenced to three years in prison, was a lot, too much in fact, for her to take. She wants a divorce, but Andy, not a free man once again, insists he's innocent. Not only that, but he's determined to win her back. He never stopped loving her. despite the fact she kept sending him divorce papers while he was gone.

Dylan agrees to give him a second chance, her heart yearning for him even if her mind is saying to keep
Faith89
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andrew Woodman, Andy to me because I am now a friend. He will make you fall in love with him just like Dylan did. He is handsome, charming, and loves his wife with everything h e has, He is also a little reckless which is why he spent 3 years in prison for something he didn't do. He lost everything; his freedom and his wife. Dylan is full of fire. She had me when she comes to his work place full of shouting and full of anger. Dylan wants a divorce, She has been after one for the 3 years he was a ...more
Rebecca Barber
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew a criminal could be so romantic (and sexy and down right drool worthy)?

Andy certainly makes you stop and think about things a different way. After getting out of prison he goes home and after the one thing he never wanted to let go... his wife.

But she’s not so keen on letting him back into her life. Can you blame her? After watching him get thrown in the back of a cop car and taken away in handcuffs, why should she give him another chance.

The only thing she didn’t count on was Andy’s do
Wendy Livingstone
This is the first book in a new series, and what a wonderful introduction this is! Andy had just been released from prison after serving 3 years, and the first thing he wants is his wife. Dylan just wants a divorce, and Andy wants to stay married, so he convinces her to make a deal with him. This is a beautifully written story, which is humorous, entertaining, emotional, heart-warming, gritty, intense, and a fantastic second chance romance story. I was totally captivated throughout this addictiv ...more
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
Mr January - Nicole S Goodin
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nicole Goodin’s new standalone was definitely a wonderful story.

Mr January introduces us to Andrew and Dylan and their less than perfect married life. Two very headstrong personalities but both, characters who endear themselves to you.

Andrew must prove his innocence to his estranged wife of a felony he’s already done time for but Dylan must overcome her mistrust and finally see to the core of the man she truely loves.

A great story setup and wonderful characters ma
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the first book in a series. I love a good second chance romance, and this one does not disappoint. I really like Dylan and Andy. They are perfect for each other. I really liked that they were able to overcome their past. I loved her friends, also. I am looking forward to reading the next installment in this series.

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Karen
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A captivating second chance romance story. Quite entertaining and amazing chemistry characters. It is well-written, I enjoyed reading. It was a pleasure to review.
Liz
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review to come.
Kim  Brewing
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for second chances. I don't care if they struggle, instantly jump into bed or fight it out- as long as they get a second chance at a HEA. I really enjoyed this book and got a kick out of Dylan and her bestie's conversations. Andy/Andrew/Drew really brought on the "heat"!
Karen Sedgman
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicole wrote a wonderful story about a second chance at love! Dylan wants a divorce, Andy has a plan to win back his wife in seven days! Amazing ending, amazing start to the Calendar Boys Series!
Lauriel
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Drew just spent three years in jail for a crime he insists he didn't commit. Dylan wants a divorce but she agrees to give Drew seven days to try and change her mind and give their marriage a second chance. What she didn't count on was Drew pulling all the stops to get her back, and boy, was I glad he did. The chemistry between those two was off the chart!

I laughed, I cried (mostly happy tears), and yes I totally wanted to be Dylan... Who wouldn't want a bad boy covered in tattoos who rides a Har
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: Mr. January
Series: Calendar Boys Book #1
Stand Alone Title: yes
Author: Nicole S. Goodin
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Blurb: Andrew Woodman.
Andy to his friends.
Criminal in the eyes of the justice system.
... And now a free man.

Dylan Davies.
Fiery redhead.
Hater of bad-boys.
... And still his wife.

Three years ago, Andy took a ride in the back of a police car and out of Dylan's life.
Now he's fresh out of prison with only one goal in mind - win back the woman who wants nothing to do with him.
Dylan
Louise  O
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mr January is the first book in the Calendar Boys series and I have never enjoyed January so much, a fantastic start to the series taking you on a rollercoaster of emotions as Goodin gives you Andy and Dylan’s story.

3 years; that’s how long Andy has been away from his wife, when divorce papers kept showing up, he ignored them now that he is a free man It is hard to ignore her. When an ultimatum is given, he has 7 days to prove that she loves him. When the secrets start to surface Andy and Dylan
Naomi Connor
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Naomi / Scandalous Book Blog***

This was the first book in the Calendar Boys Series and I already love it!!!
I can not wait for the rest of the books to hit my kindle.

Andy and Dylan's story had me hook, line and sinker. From the very first page I fell in love with them.

Andy has just been released from Jail after doing 3 years for a crime he says he didn't commit. Now part owner of a Garage, he is working on getting his life back together and figh
Texas
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mr. January - I made a mistake, I should have paid attention to the cover instead of the author's name. I love the books I've read so far by Ms. Goodin, but this one should be flushed.

"She’d tell me that I’m a strong, independent woman who ‘doesn’t need no man’ – complete with side-to-side finger snaps.
Only right now I don’t feel all that independent or strong, in fact I feel weak, like an alcoholic looking at a glass of whiskey." (Mr. January, locations 138 - 140.)

Dylan is in love with her hus
Serena Worker
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andy’s just got out of jail and he hoped to see her soon, but Dylan makes it easy for him showing up right where he is. She wants the same thing she has for the last three years – a divorce that he hasn’t signed.
Dylan doesn’t want to admit but he gives her the same smirk that got to her years ago and he looks incredible, better since he’s out of prison. He refuses to sign the papers, being a thief was more important and she has to tell herself not to be weakened by him. Andy reminds her she neve
Julianna
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
Mr. January the first installment of the Calendar Boys by Nicole S. Goodin.

Mr. January is a second chance romance between Andy and Dylan as they figure out the worth of their love for each other as they navigate through secrets, guilt and undeniable passion.

However, it’s proven to become difficult when one wants to shed light on the truth while the other wants to bury everything in the past.

For me, Mr. January was interesting for not everything was predictable. I love the wit, and strong will
Pam Curran
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I love Nicole's writing and I think that this is going to be a fun series. My only criticism of this book is that it was a bit short and seemed a little rushed I would have liked a bit more depth and angst between the two main characters but otherwise it was a good read.

Andy has been in prison for three years and his wife has given up on him, and has only been in contact to get divorce papers served on him. Andy refuses to sign the papers and wants to get his wife back. Unfortunately, when she
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Oh lord I love the month January because I get to have a hot bad boy mechanic who loves to cook and is willing to put himself out there for his wife. I really loved this book because it had me on the edge of my seat reading and ignoring everything because I needed to know what was going to happen next.

Andy and Dylan are married and have a happy life until Andy gets arrested and goes to jail. Dylan tries to move on with her life while Andy is in prison but it is hard because she still loves him.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Wow, wow, wow! I took a chance on Mr. January because the heroine was a redhead, and I’m so glad I did! It was such a great read, and I devoured it in one sitting!

Talk about the immovable object meeting the irresistible force! Dylan is a fiery redhead. She is stubborn, independent, and doesn’t back down. Andy is cocky, stubborn, and persistent. He has tattoos and a motorcycle. (Be still my beating heart!) The heat between them is sizzling!

The plot was unique; I haven’t read anything like it. I’m
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Mr. January by Nicole S. Goodin is the first book in a new series, Calendar Boys, and is a second chance romance. Andrew Woodman loves his wife, Dylan Davies. He is just out of prison and determined to win her back. Even if she wants to have nothing to do with him. She wants to divorce him and move on. But can she deny the chemistry that is still there?

Drew wants Dylan to give him a chance to win her back. Reluctantly, she agrees to give him seven days to win her back. As they begin their secon
Red Reader
This is my first book from this author and I'm half and half. I loved the beginning, it had great promise but about 1/2 way through I found myself skimming for dialogue only. I didn't love that Dylan had such lack of trust and belief in her husband. Yeah, she was hurt and beyond pissed, but to doubt him like that bothered me. And the news she hid from him? Ouch! It was pretty predictable so I wasn't surprised. I didn't love Sarah. One moment she's against all things Andy and the next she's proba ...more
AnneKR
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Getting his girl back

Andy just got of being in prison for 3 years when Dylan demands for a divorce. Laying eyes on her for the first time since he’s been out, there’s no way he’s giving her what she wants. Dylan wants to move on with her life & leave her baggage behind. There’s a lot of give & take, push & pull with each having one goal in mind - for Dylan, a divorce & for Andy, a reconciliation.

I love second chance romances, where one person is wooing the other to get back in th
Lisa Gonzales
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by the lovely Mrs. Nicole Goodin. Let me tell you, I read this in one sitting and I loved it! The laughs and the tears. You have Andy who payed for a crime he didn't commit, and his wife Dylan who left him because she thought he did. Well throughout the book you have Andy wanting to get his wife back because wel that's his life, but something tragic happened to her where she just don't want nothing to do with him. Now he has7 days to prove to her that she can f ...more
Raecharmed
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dylan wants to more forward with her life and now with her ex out of prison all she wants is a divorce. Andy wants what he missed all these years in prison...his wife. He is stunned when she storms into his office and demands he sign divorce papers. However not so stunned that he couldn't come up with a counter proposal for her. Give him one week to win her heart back Dylan should be surprised but she's not. She gives him his one week. Will Andy be able to win his wife back?

This is a great story
Staci
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This was the first book I have read by this author and I enjoyed Dylan & Andy's story. They definitely had an intense attraction and heated chemistry that did not loose it's heat throughout the years. Dylan's head said she wanted a divorce but her body said otherwise. When Andy throws out that he will give her the divorce she wants if she gives him a week to win her back. What will Dylan's heart say when her mind and body seem to be so conflicted? Mr. January is definitely worth reading and ...more
Sallyann Cole
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this well written romance story. Andy had been in prison for the last three years and his wife Dylan desperately wants a divorce but he won't sign the papers. Andy has come out a changed man and he loves his wife dearly. On the other hand Dylan tries her best to hate him, but finds it more and more difficult the more she sees him. She is determined to get her divorce though. Andy finally says he will sign the papers on one condition, that she gave him a week to change her mind and fall b ...more
Wendy
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andy spend 3 years in prison for a crime he says he didn’t commit. Dylan is the wife he left behind. She was completely in love until he became a criminal. She wants a divorce and he wants to keep her. Can he convince her to believe in him again?

This story was heartbreaking. I can’t imagine how horrible it must have been for Dylan to watch the love of her life being hauled to jail.

Mr. January is a fun read. The banter between Andy and Dylan makes you laugh. Loved that the characters had to learn
« previous 1 3 4 next »
NICOLE S. GOODIN is a romance author and mother of two from Taranaki in the North Island of New Zealand.
In mid-2015, she started to write about a group of characters who wouldn’t get out of her head. Her first book, Rushed, was published in mid-2016.
Nicole enjoys long walks on the beach, pillow fights and braiding her friends’ hair. She dislikes clichés, talking about herself in the third person,

Calendar Boys (9 books)
  • Mr. February (Calendar Boys #2)
  • Mr. March (Calendar Boys #3)
  • Mr. April (Calendar Boys #4)
  • Mr. May (Calendar Boys #5)
  • Mr. June (Calendar Boys #6)
  • Mr. July (Calendar Boys #7)
  • Mr. August (Calendar Boys #8)
  • Mr. September