Start by marking “The Happiness Project” as Want to Read:
The Happiness Project

The Happiness Project

Prepare to be captivated by one of the most poignant and uplifting books you will read this year, perfect for readers who loved One Day in December and The Keeper of Lost Things.

1) Exercise more
2) Eat healthily
3) Learn how to live again…

Forty-year-old Alison Lund has always carefully planned everything in her well-ordered life, from colour co-ordinating her beautiful h
Published February 12th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Happiness Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Happiness Project

Chris
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, netgalley
Three friends meet to celebrate New Year’s Eve and plot the changes they want for the coming year. Alison wants to exercise more. Kate wants to find more zen during her third pregnancy. Frankie just wants to hold down a job longer than two weeks. As they try to live outside their comfort zones, each must wade through parenting problems, ex-friends, and relationship issues— all to complete their happiness project.

Each of these women are vastly different characters. Alison is organized, rigid in h
Amber
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this ebook from the author, publisher, and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Kate, Alison and Frankie are three young woman in their 20s who all have families. On New Year's eve they all decide to set New Year's resolutions to be more fit, more zen, and accomplished in the new year. Will they be able to complete their goals while juggling family and more? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good and heart-warming tale about friends, fam
Rachel Gilbey
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't help but start this a few hours after I finished I Will Survive, and I'm glad I did as it meant I didn't have to try to remember anything, and it just felt like a continuation, ok a few months on but that's natural.

As a result I really can't comment on whether this works as a stand alone but I would recommend you read both books as they are equally fabulous, although with a slightly different vibe to them.

The Happiness Project felt more about all three women bettering themselves, an
Obsidian
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Please note that I received this book via NetGalley. This did not affect my rating or review.

I have to say that I dithered on a rating for this one. I think it would have been five stars if we actually followed the three women (Alison, Frankie, and Kate) for the whole year. They make resolutions for New Year and we stop in March/April timeframe. Also Alison's storyline felt like something was missing. She never talks to her husband about how she feels and about missing his mother. I thought her
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book intrigued me from my initial read of the synopsis. I opened it up to read and I knew from the first paragraph that I was going to love this book. And I did.

Now, this is the type of book that one is either going to love or going to hate. I sincerely doubt there is going to be a middle ground. For me it was a bit of delight with a cast of characters that I enjoyed spending my time with. None of them were entirely likable and some of them were utterly unpleasant but taken all together I d
Els
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I remember reading ‘I will survive’ a while ago and wishing it would be the start of a series and now it seems like I have been granted a wish. I am feeling like a very happy camper and after two books I am still not ready to say goodbye to the prontagonists. So, this means I am hoping the fairy godmother might listen to me again.

If I would pick a favourite character, it would be Frankie. She has issues, but she is so much fun.

It is nice to see that 3 totally different women can become friends a
Alison
Three friends, all mums, make new year's resolutions: Alison the hyper-organised perfect wife and mother wants to get fit; Kate the pregnant mother of two is feeling a bit overwhelmed and just wants to be a bit more zen; and Frankie, the single mother, just wants to be able to hold down a job and 'adult'. These three unlikely friends have to combat their own high expectations (Alison), boyfriend's ex-wives (Frankie) and newly pregnant friends who judge their parenting skills (Kate).

I liked this,
Meggy
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Frankie, Katie, and Alison. Three women, three mothers, different lives and personalities. What a breeze of fresh and funny air do those ladies bring! Kicking stereotypes in the bottom as well as liberating us from the impression we women can have of each other, The Happiness Project is a beautiful tale of friendships through good and bad days. I just loved getting to know these women – three different point of views to help the reader figure out the truth from the appearances, the reality behin

Marina
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review of “The Happiness Project”.

At the beginning of “The Happiness Project” we meet the three main characters, all mothers: hot-tempered, single Frankie, organised Alison and Kate, who is already a mother of two and is feeling less than excited about her new pregnancy. There isn’t a lot of context information about the characters and I found that confusing; after doing some online research I found out that THP is a
Kirsty Oughton
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Someone please tell me why I haven’t read a Pippa James book before!?! I was drawn into this story from the first page. We meet Alison, Kate and Frankie who agree on New Years Eve to make a pact called The Happiness Project (Alison’s name for the agreement) this leads each women to make a New Years resolution for themselves. I will let you find out their resolutions by reading the book. These three women couldn’t be more different yet they are really close friends. Pippa has written this book in ...more
Lel Budge
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frankie and Kate arrive at Alison’s home on New Year’s Eve bearing wine. Alison convinces them to make New Years Resolutions and so they plan the changes they want to make for the coming year.

Alison wants to exercise more to get back her fitness. Kate wants to find more zen during her third pregnancy, to just enjoy it this time round. Frankie just wants a job and not the multi-drop parcel delivery she has just quit...

Each of these women must make their way with the various parenting problems, s
Stacy Walton
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you whoop for joy at the end of a book you know the author has created something special. I completely loved this book and devoured it in one day as it was too good to put down. The struggles of life, family and motherhood are an absolute mind field where rules change on a daily basis and everyone is a critic. This book highlights these issues with perfect humour and the right amount of tongue in cheek.

Now let me introduce you to the three leading ladies......Frankie is a perfect mess and m
Leslie
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
A wonderfully written story of three very different women who are challenge each other in the best of ways, even if it means being a little, okay hugely pushy and annoying! I had moments where I wondered what brought these women together and why they even liked each other. For them to be any more different than each other would have required herculean effort. I honestly at times found them and their pushiness and overwhelming invasiveness bordering on annoying, mean, self-serving and a little ha ...more
Stephanie
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Thank you to bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with an Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for an honest review.

The Happiness Project explores the lives of three friends who decide together that at the start of the new year, they will make changes to spark happiness, including securing a new job, improving health and wellness, and facing motherhood with a new outlook.

Generally, I enjoy a lighthearted friendship read and was immediately drawn in by the cover art and premise of this story.
Janis Skoczylas
The premise of this book appealed to me. I figured it was a cute, British chick lit book that would be a quick, fun weekend read. And it was a quick read, but I was a little disappointed that this was apparently a sequel. I was too far in to the story to quit and read the first book, so I continued on. Although this could be read as a stand-alone, I definitely think knowing the backstories of the main characters would have enhanced the story.

I found Frankie the most interesting of the three wom
Erin-Elizabeth
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick read following three mothers and their New Year’s Resolutions or ‘the happiness project’ as they refer to it. This is the second book in the series but it can be easily read as a stand-alone as I did.
I enjoyed reading each section following the characters but I can’t say I warmed to many of them. Frankie was probably the most interesting and had the best story but I found the others to be quite two dimensional and a little uninteresting. It’s classic chick-lit featuring some fairly bl
Esme
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
review to come soon :)
Hermione Lovegood
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great uplifting book. The plot is unusual and pretty intriguing. The characters are also well-developed and vibrant. I really enjoyed it. Kept me thoroughly engrossed and can't wait to read more by the same author. Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for kindly providing me the eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Donna Hines
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Three women at different stages of their lives come together with one goal- live life before life lives for you.
Step outside your comfort zone. Eat those fruits and veggies. Watch your weight. Stay healthy through exercise.
Yeah yeah yeah but what if I told you that happiness is an inside job not something that can be found by embarking on a happiness project with three gal pals?
Well ok, but listen this is like no other project to find true peace just like mother in law Maggie had before she pass
Emma
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book follows the story of three friends who decide to create a happiness project to challenge themselves to make changes to their lives in the new year. Alison's beloved Mother-In-Law has died, and they vow to do things differently to find happiness, helping each other along the way.
The Characters in this book are all very different to one another, and have completely different lifestyles. They all have the same fear that they are not good enough at being a parent. This book shows that desp
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Bookouture for letting me take part in this tour. I recently read I Will Survive and really enjoyed it so I was excited to return to these characters.

The story is set a few months after the end of I Will Survive. Alison decides that the three of them, herself, Kate and Frankie
Gaele
Having not read I Will Survive, which introduces the three main characters in this story the three women Alison, Kate and Frankie jump right into this story on New Year’s Eve, just after Alison lost her mother-in-law. With Kate, now newly pregnant and Frankie, newly unemployed, these three catch up with one another at the school gates, and in the in-between times when time, babysitters and life allows. And these three are rather solidly defined in their personalities: Alison is organized within ...more
Sharon
This is the story of three friends – Alison, Kate and Frankie. If you have read the author’s previous book, I Will Survive, you will recognise these women already! They were the main characters from this book and whilst they all had vastly different personalities, they all became close friends when they met at their children’s school. In this book we meet up with the ladies again right at New Year. Alison’s world has just come crashing down around her after her mother in law, Maggie passes away ...more
Michelle
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This book isn’t listed as a series here on Goodreads (at least not while I was reading the ARC). But you notice pretty quickly that the characters have a background story that’s left a bit fuzzy here. The fact that they referenced how they used to consider Alison a bit scary made me question if another book came first.
So, the first book was I Will Survive. I think it would be easier to understand the dynamics of the characters’ relationship if you read that first. I didn’t, so I’m just guessing.
Jackelyn Santana
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Happy Release Day!

Thank you at NetGalley for my advanced copy of The Happiness Project.

Alison, Kate, and Frankie are three young mothers in their 20s with different family dynamics. Alison, the overachiever, PTA, and perfectionist supermom. Kate, the pregnant DIY expert who is hard on herself for not being as informed or as positive as her pregnant friend Natalie. Frankie, the bold and outspoken single mom who is adjusting to the demands of parenting, a new job, and dating.

On New Year’s Eve they
Karen
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

I joined netgalley in 2009, and then proceeded to do nothing for ten years. Last Monday, I finally decided to dig up my login information and see if I can start using it. The Happiness Project was the first book that accepted me so I decided it had to be the first one I read.

And I am glad I did.

Apparently this is not the first book, so the author jumps right into the story without giving too much of a background on each of the characters. This didn't bother me at all, though I will s
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

We are back with Frankie, Alison and Kate for another relatable tale about motherhood and regaining your confidence after a baby. 'The Happiness Project' is the second book in the series and, if you haven't read the first book, 'I Will Survive', don't worry too much as each one can be read as a stand-alone.

Out of the two books I think this one has to be my favourite because the vibe was more relaxed and less forced. I w
Shannon Rochester
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Note: I received a free ARC of this book through NetGalley.

Let me start off by saying that when I chose this book, I looked at the title and thought it was going to be a self help book teaching you how to be happier in life. So imagine my surprise when I started to read, only to find out it is a fiction book about three women coming together to make their New Years Resolutions. That sounds kind of cliché right? But I loved how the individual stories about each woman and her resolution became min
Lindsey
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and/or author through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

My first read of 2019 and a new-to-me author: Pippa James. The Happiness Project was a charming glimpse into the life of three mothers as they make a list of New Years Resolutions together. Being a mother myself, I found I could relate to all of the women at times. I could sympathize with their worries of failure, the desire to not be judged les
Misfits farm
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Three women wanting to improve and brighten their mundane lives by setting new year resolutions- which should make them happier- hence the title. Alison has always carefully planned everything in her life, from things in her house house to things her son Xander plays with.When her mother in law Maggie dies, she is left reeling as she was a large influence and inspiration to Alison. Her new year’s resolution is to be more like Maggie and keep her legacy alive. Frankie needs a job and gets one at ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »