Start by marking “Luna and the Lie” as Want to Read:
Luna and the Lie

Luna and the Lie

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  15,908 ratings  ·  1,862 reviews
The problem with secrets is that they’re too easy to keep collecting.

Luna Allen has done some things she would rather no one ever know about. She also knows that, if she could go back in time, she wouldn’t change a single thing.

With three sisters she loves, a job she (mostly) adores, and a family built up of friends she’s made over the years, Luna figures everything has
Published December 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Luna and the Lie, please sign up.
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅] The author NEVER gave any exact date. Only said "hopefully next week" in a facebook post last week. Someone (not the author btw) edited a date on this…moreThe author NEVER gave any exact date. Only said "hopefully next week" in a facebook post last week. Someone (not the author btw) edited a date on this page that I found on a blog with cover reveal. That's the only blog that had any date. So your best bet would be to checking author's page for any "official" announcement from her.

Goodreads is not Amazon or any other retail site so the date can't always be trusted since anyone with librarian status can edit a book page. And the info isn't always accurate.(less)

·  15,908 ratings  ·  1,862 reviews

Start your review of Luna and the Lie
Christy
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5+ stars!!

photo IMG_2684_zpscmassg4u.jpg

Mariana Zapata is one of my favorite authors. I've loved most of her books, but her last few haven't been five star favorites for me. That fact made Luna and the Lie that much sweeter. I have to say, this is one of her very best books and Rip is an amazing hero! I loved Luna as well. Together... they were just everything! It's been a while since I've had an epic 5+ star read from this author and this book really hit the spot for me!

Luna is the only woman working in the auto shop she
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 Stars

Mariana Zapata is the Queen of the Slow Burn, and this book was no exception.

In fact, this book is VERY slow burn and what some might call super - super - slow in the extreme, but I personally love it.

Zapata authored one of my favorite books of ALL time, The Wall of Winnipeg, and if you haven't read that book yet, I encourage you check out my review on it and then read said masterpiece ASAP.

description

No, seriously, go read (or re-read) that review really quick so I don't have to repeat myself.
Penny Reid
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bought it as soon as it released. I read it in two days while hiding from my family. I have NO REGRETS!

Loved it. Every single minute.
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
5 / 5 stars

"You want someone to be your best friend and your fucking partner? I'm right fucking here, baby girl."

reread:
15/12/18
13/02/19
20/04/19
15/06/19

I feel the need to preface this by stating that I am, and have been for a while, a die hard Mariana Zapata fan, and would feel generously blessed to read her grocery list. But I’ll let you know, this was a lot more interesting than a grocery list.

This book blew me out of the park, from the first chapter I knew without a doubt this would be a
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
DNF @80%

I am so PROUD of myself.

This time I made it to 80%.

Not that I wasn’t tempted to quit it sooner. Because I so was. I wanted to ditch it more times that I can count. But I sucked it up and kept going. I was desperate to see what was so special about Zapata's books.

I still am. Sadly, I’m not even curious enough to see how this one ends.

You see, I don’t have a problem with the number of pages. I prefer longer books. I don’t have a problem with the slow burn either. The slower the better.
Em Lost In Books
Ms. Zapata is one of my favorite romance author. I usually read her books as soon as they are released and I also keep rereading my favorites by her. She announce her books out of nowhere and I keep checking her page regularly for these announcements. So I was so happy when I saw this on her page, kept checking the releasing date and read it as soon as it got out. Such is admiration for her stories but this book was such a disappointment for me.

This book is very much similar to her previous
Corina
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: slow-burn

Having to admit it out loud hurts - but Luna and the Lie didn't work for me as much as I hoped it would. Let's be honest here, I hoped for a five star read. Nothing else would have satisfied me. Maybe I need to stop putting poor Mariana on this insanely high pedestal, but who am I kidding - I love MZ!!! I'm also not giving up on her just because Luna wasn't THE book for me.

It’s going to be hard to pinpoint exactly what didn’t work for me. I think it was mostly the plot. I didn’t get
Emma
Nov 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
The only book I enjoyed by Zapata because of the romantic relationship between MCs, was The Wall of Winnipeg and Me (the first I read by her), I gave it four stars. I can't say the same about her other books because even though the characters and the no-romance elements, like sports, fighting for something, friendships and family bonds were good, there was always little to no romance. And that's ok, there are many books I rated higher because of the no-romance elements. Still, I always struggled ...more
Alexandria  St Delphi
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, 2018
Okay okay, I've been trying to avoid making the review but I guess I have to come out of hiding now
and, I didn't like it
description

I know I know, *groan* how could I, a die-hard MZ fan not like the book I had been eager anticipation? Here's why.

Luna is unlike any of her other heroines MZ has written, she was a doormat heroine and I wanted the claw my eyes out after the 3rd time she said "I was loved" I hated the fact that she was nice to people who clearly didn't return the favor.

I figured out the plot
Holly
Dec 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm a fan of Zapata, but I have to say that I'm so fed up with all the repetitive plot lines. Her recent releases haven't been the greatest and are all the same. It's a combination of her previous books. Luna and the Lie is all of her books combined. It might sound like a joke, but it's actually the same thing over and over and over and over again. Like seriously, Zapata, can't you think of something a little more different? I mean, I get it. She's well-known for her slow-burn romances, but ...more
Ceki
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: slow-burn, romance
I have a love-hate relationship with Mariana Zapata. I enjoyed some of her books, such as Dear Aaron, From Lukov with Love, The Wall of Winnipeg and Me, and Lingus... but I hated the rest.

She is known as the queen of slow-burn (which is my favorite type of romance), but she is also known for doormat-ish and pathetic heroines. Sometimes she doesn't go overboard so I don't really mind, but sometimes I just can't stand it.
For example, does this ring a bell? The hero acts like a real asshole and
Tianna✸loves books✸
Slow Burn romance ...
Old man young woman romance...
Boss romance....

Don’t read this review if you intend to read this book. It might spoil your mood. I am not a fan of slow burn romance. So don’t let my taste ruin your excitement.

Luna (h), 27, works in custom car shop doing auto body paint, detailing and bodywork. Lucas Ripley (H), nearly 41, is her boss.

H is the awkward brooding type of guy. He rarely smiles while the h is the cheerful one.

All we get in the book is that the h works on cars. She
☽ jodi bibliophile ♥
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mariana-zapata
I loved it, but I didn't LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it like I always do when it comes to Mariana Zapata's books, but I still loved it...if that makes sense LOL
Liz
"Life was a gift—sometimes one you wanted to return, and other times one you’d want to keep forever, but it was still a gift."
description

Luna and the Lie is a masterpiece. A slow burn romance featuring a spunky heroine and a tattooed alpha male. Luna Allen, a car painter, has done everything she can to raise her three sisters by giving them love and a safe place to live. Working hard to escape the demons of her past, Luna has found solace in a mechanic shop where she paints cars. Her boss Rip is gruff
Wendy
The Bronx- The Bronx (IV)

I absolutely ADORE this author. Ever since reading one of my all-time favorites " Kulti ". I have been a big fan. Doesn't matter what she writes...I will always give it a go. So I have been on pins and needles ever since this new book was announced. Marianna Zapata doesn't give out publishing dates, so there was a lot of amazon page refreshing going on :P

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor page refreshing gif

When it finally showed up, I knew I was in it for the long haul...because you know what else Marianna Zapata doesn't do...short books...thank
chan ☆
me big sad

i think this is going to go down as my least favorite mariana zapata book. i've read all but 2 of her books, and they were all (i think) 4+ stars. she writes really romantic slow burns with hyper realistic main characters.

but this book was just fucking sad. luna, our heroine, had the worst back story of any of zapata's previous characters. while each of her previous heroine's had flaws and sometimes had lives that weren't perfect... it seemed like she was really going out of her way
Jessica
Screw it, I’m DNFing this because GOOD GOD, is this shit boring and repetitive. I’ve struggled with Zapata’s writing before and how she tends to repeat the most random, minuscule details over and over and over again but I don’t think it has ever been this bad.

The writing is somewhat like this:
I sat down with the container full of food my sister had prepared for me this morning and snuck a peek at Rip. He pressed his lips together. I stabbed my fork into the food my sister had prepared for me
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I'll be honest here and just say that if I didn't know what to expect from Mariana Zapata's books... if I didn't know that she could bring all the feels with her slow burn... I would have probably dropped this book before I got to all the good parts. :| But bring it she did. But I feel like perhaps this book could have used better editing... maybe?
I don't know what happened but while a lot of sentences are a bit long-winded (albeit flow pretty well), some were just silly and some plainly didn't
Rachel Reads Ravenously
I love Mariana Zapata, but I don't love everything she writes. Luna and the Lie was such a slow start. I don't mind slow starts, but the main characters literally didn't even become friends until 60% into the book. 60% INTO A 600 PAGE BOOK!!! Are you friggin kidding me? Then, the characters kept having the same conversations not once, not twice, but THREE times!!! Why did I had to read several conversations over and over again????

The positives and what saved this to be a three for me was the
mich
I guess at this point I need to call myself a Mariana Zapata fan. I've read a bunch of her books and whenever I happen to see a new one, I immediately download it. (That means "fan" right?)

This book though. Omg. It was like Zapata went on Goodreads, read all the 1 star critical reviews for her books, and then wrote THIS book as a big "Fuck you" to all those readers.

-Like, you think my MC heroines all have exhaustingly repetitive inner voices? Well fuck you I'm gonna write a heroine with the
Carol
Reread 09/04/19 - 09/07/19
Yeah, this one just really gets to me!!!
It is such an emotional read and I love, love, love this story.
Luna and Rip are two of my most favorite among MZ's cast of characters.

***********************

5 "well-earned" stars.
I was feeling so emotional after I finished reading this, still am.
I love this woman's writing. She gets to me all the time with her stunning slow burns.
I am so affected by the characters in all of her stories but Luna and Rip, well they really tore at
☽ TheBibliotheque
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves-romance
"I'm done standing around trying to suck up all the goodness you make me feel without you even knowing, Luna. You are my girl. Just you. Nobody else."

Oh hell. If there is one thing Zapata is good at besides delivering the most deliciously painful slowburns that's making you think that a +400 pages book is not nearly enough.

To be completely honest with you, the only reason why I thought of not giving this book 5 stars is because I think it falls right after Wait for You, TWOWAM, Dear Aaron and
Hollis
Nov 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
IT'S LIVE, PEOPLE.

omg I can't believe new MZ is imminnnnneeennnnttttttt.

There is just something about that cover. I cannot look away.
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
MZ’s slowest slow burn yet! We’ve got an older, tattooed hero who is also the heroine’s boss, and a heroine who will do anything for her family. It was torture waiting for Luna and Rip to get together, but a good kind of torture. The ending was definitely my favorite part of the book - it was angsty, romantic, and heartwarming. I’m definitely rereading this soon!

*SCREAMS* IT'S HERE!!!!! https://amzn.to/2QSNLaY
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
I have a serious love-hate relationship with Zapata's works but this sounds interesting
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 5 stars <3

I devour it in one sitting, omg why I haven't read her books sooner???This is my first book and definitely not my last.I was hooked and I just couldn't put it down!Now I can see why all my friends love her books!

I loved the slow burn and the intensity between the characters.I found both characters complex, and I truly wanted
Bindi Boo
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 stars

500 plus pages of absolute boredom. I skimmed nearly half of this book as I got so sick of reading EVERY.DAMN.THOUGHT this heroine had. Some of her thoughts could have been summarized, if not missed completely. Not sure I understood this book? Heroine seemed pretty immature for a 27 year old. Major tantrum after the hero says 'leave me alone' when someone important to him ends up in hospital.
Antonella
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
IT'S LIVE!!!

: https://amzn.to/2QLTVtD
: https://amzn.to/2LiW6zG
: https://amzn.to/2Lgga5E
: https://amzn.to/2rA3Cx6

Here are first two chapters!!!
Thanks Natasha!!

Spoilers!!!

Before reading this I haven't read much of the reviews and I think I skimmed trough the blurb.
I am that kind of Mariana Zapata fan. I have read all of her books... ALL.
Some even more then once or twice. That is my admiration...Strong ya'll.

Okay I don't think I can pull of ya'll
Eva
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even better the second time around. Somehow Mariana always manages to write characters that are vulnerable, yet strong, and so so real. There were parts that made my chest ache. I had trouble winding down and falling asleep. I kept thinking about it. It's so good.
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars
Turning Pages At ...: Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata 12 35 Jan 22, 2019 12:19PM
Young Adult Conte...: Luna and the Lie by MarianaZapata 12 39 Dec 20, 2018 02:14PM

• Hotshot Doc
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2)
  • Marriage for One
  • Make Me Bad
  • Hate Notes
  • The Consequence of Falling
  • Bulldozer (Hard to Love #3)
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • My Life in Shambles
  • A Place Without You
  • Nothing Personal
  • The Wish Collector
  • River Wild
  • We Shouldn't
  • Repeat
  • Work in Progress (Red Lipstick Coalition, #3)
  • Motion (Laws of Physics, #1; Hypothesis, #2.1)
“People think they have to be lions or lambs, but I’ve always just wanted to be something in between.” I bit my lip and lifted a shoulder. “Something that still has sharp teeth, just in case.” 19 likes
“You gave me these pieces of you I know you haven’t given to anybody else, and they’re mine. You can’t take ’em back. I need them more than you do, you hear me?” 13 likes