Start by marking “A Future for Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
A Future for Tomorrow

A Future for Tomorrow

The author's true story of her spiritual journey of overcoming and surviving Anorexia.
Unknown Binding, 285 pages
Published August 28th 2008 by Granite Publishing & Distribution L.L.C. (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Future for Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Future for Tomorrow

Start your review of A Future for Tomorrow
Hayley Guertin
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was extremely well written and hit me hard in terms of the realness of it. This book is non fiction, and still kept my interest until the very end. It was very brave and incredible of Haley Hatch Freeman to share this with the world, and I think she did the right thing.

The way this was written was perfect in the way that throughout the story, we got to know more and more about the people involved as well as Haley herself. I found that she did a wonderful job at describing what Anorexi
Jenben8426
Aug 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Haley Hatch Freeman, one of my roommates from my college. She became anorexic at about the age of 15 and almost lost her life to the disease. However she triumphed and this book chronicles her struggle to do so. I do have bias towards the book since I am such close friends with the author; however she is an amazing person and to see how amazing she is after the struggles she endured as a teenager only make me realize how strong she really is. In addition to knowing more of m ...more
Double Decker Books
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Haley's story broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes. Haley is an angel and a true survivor and a great friend with great talent. I truly enjoyed reading her story of survival and one that I will keep close to my heart. I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs a life story to read and one that will touch their hearts and soul.

We can all learn from Haley's story and how to be a better person to ourselves. Haley may be a survivor but she is definitely an inspirational teacher and a g
Lynette
Apr 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was moving, touching, alarming, enjoyable, and very educational. It was amazing to get inside the head of someone dealing with such a nightmare of a disorder. I highly recommend this book for everyone,young and old, teenagers or parents, to learn more about this incredibly difficult disorder. That she has triumphed so fully is a great credit to her faith and understanding of the plan of salvation!
Catherine Lang
Feb 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was honestly one of the most inspiring stories I have ever read. This is the author's story of surviving anorexia. I honestly could not put this book down, I read the whole thing in one evening. I laughed with Haley, cried with Haley, and at the end rejoiced with Haley.

A must read for all of us woman, if only to remind us of who we really are, and our great potential.
Diana
Dec 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book really took me by surprise. I was expecting a list of happenings and I was really brought into the teenage mind and how much it is affected during those years. It was insightful and had a lot of depth. Spiritual.
Carole
Aug 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parent of girls.
Recommended to Carole by: A co- worker, about his sister.
Help me understand what teenager girls can think about themselves, and how we should be careful what we as parent say to them...Self esteem and confidence are very imporant...the religion part, I'm not totally a believer, but if it helped this girl get well or anyone else so be it.
Chad Strong
Sep 09, 2008 marked it as to-read
I still need to read this book. It was written by a girl who I went to high school with and it's about her battle with anorexia. I believe it is available through Deseret Books or on her blog if anyone is interested.
Kimberly
Apr 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing. I couldn't put it down! It was fascinating being in the mind of an anorexic. Very spiritual.
Misty
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing read! I had the opportunity to hear Haley speak to our young women at young women camp. She bore testimony of our family watching over us and the spirits on the other side, the feeling that was there was immensely strong testifiying of its truth. I bought her book because I felt like I wanted to know how a daughter, a girl, gets to that point. I having a couple girls felt it would be an uplifiting book where she was standing right before us.

The book was heartfelt, and caring
Brisa
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good and inspiring. I have read more then 3 times and I always find something more interesting in it every time. Her story is really interesting and I think every girl should read this book at least once
Kylie Bliss
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After finding out about my own struggles with eating that I'd been having on and off for a few years, some family friends who know the author gave me a signed copy of A Future for Tomorrow for me to read in hopes that it would help me. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, it was very beneficial to me that Haley had no intentions of hiding her beliefs throughout the book. I'd been unsuccessful for a long time at finding any written , audio, or video material that could ...more
Tiffany
May 04, 2011 rated it did not like it
I think it is important for everyone to be aware of the signs of anorexia because it is a disease that can not be defeated without help. I admire the strength of this woman and her family to get past the disorder.

That being said, this book was quite poorly written, it reads like a travel log, and not all that interesting if you don't have an eating disorder. I understand this woman is writing about her experience and it was probably part of the healing process for her. It may also be helpful fo
Haley Freeman
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
You can order a signed copy on my site afuturefortomorrow.com or my blog afuturefortomorrow.blogspot.com

Also "A Future for Tomorrow" is available at Deseret Book and most book stores.

On the Amazon search you might have to add "surviving anorexia" after the title for it to pull up my book.
It is also available on ebay.com
Thank you!

I also wanted to invite people to my blog afuturefortomorrow.blogspot.com Every week I post a new challenge to complete to help build self-esteem.
I'll be excited to r
Cori
Apr 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: abc-challenge
This book surprised me. I expected a story about a girl with anorexia. I didn't expect the depth of illness and experiences she struggled with in overcoming anorexia. I learned a lot about the disease. It's the kind of book that makes you want to fix whatever is broken inside yourself. The writing wasn't always my favorite, but after a while the story took me away and that was that. Kudos to Haley for writing this, it would take a lot of courage to lay it all out there. I would highly recommend ...more
Sheila
May 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Haley has written a powerful book every girl and woman must read. This was written from Haley's own experience of when she was living through the nightmare of anorexia. I met Haley in April, and I am amazed at the recovery she has made to become the beautiful woman she is today. I will be blogging more about Haley's story, if you want to know more about this brave and faithful lady. BTW, Haley also is a very talented writer.
Monica
Sep 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was written by a good friend of my sister. In fact, Haley talks about Erin in the book. It really opened my eyes to the symptoms & illusions that anorexia causes. It was also a very spiritual book as Haley talks about how the priesthood, her faith & her relationship with the Savior saved her life. Haley's brother & I are the same age & went to school together. It's always facinating to read about people & places you are actually familiar with. ...more
Diony George
Aug 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Haley's book about her own battle with anorexia was well written and a moving emotional journey. Her struggles with this disease and how it changed her, including the strength she gained from overcoming it was inspiring. A must read for anyone who needs to be reminded we can do hard things, and when we lean on God, we will surely make it through.
Margaret
Oct 05, 2010 rated it it was ok
I will never forget this story of a young girl battling with anorexia. With that said, it was not the best writing, and at times hard to read. But I'm glad I finished. There are also a few crazy parts.
Suzanne
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club-book
I wasn't really sure about reading a book on anorexia, but I found it very open and honest. It's easy to wonder why people start, and don't just stop when they get grossly skinny. It was interesting to learn from someone who's been through it.
Nicole
Jul 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was really good. I am aquainted with this author since she lives near me and I enjoyed reading about her personal battle with anorexia. She is very inspiring and motivating to overcome such a disease. I recommend this book to any and all. It is a quick read.
Kelly
Feb 24, 2011 rated it liked it
A good look at anorexia nervosa and how psychological it is. One thing I struggled with was the sharing of very intense spiritual experiences. I tend to favor keeping those more private and unavailable for scrutiny.
Karen
Dec 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Anyone concerned about a loved one suffering from anorexia should read this book, the memoir of a young girl's struggle against her eating disorder. What's amazing is that she lived to share her miraculous recovery story.
Stacie
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Found it facinating to be in the mind of someone going through anorexia. Haley is an amazing women!
Cathy Anderson
Melissa
Feb 16, 2013

• Choose Joy: Because Happiness Isn't Enough
  • What the Scriptures Teach Us About Adversity
  • In the Last Days: A Brief Guide to Christ's Second Coming for Latter-day Saints
  • Before We Were Yours