Start by marking “No Safe Place” as Want to Read:

(No Safe Place #1)

Published November 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about No Safe Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Safe Place

Start your review of No Safe Place
Montzalee Wittmann
No Safe Place by Mary Head is a good story and the plot and characters kept me going, I thought it had a lot of the same FBI daughter gets kidnapped vibe. But...the story did keep me reading so there is that. I gave it a 3 1/2 rounding it up to 4 stars.
Sarah Elizabeth
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Kindle Scout.)

“If this ends badly, I don’t know what I’ll do.”

This was an adult contemporary suspense story about a girl who was kidnapped.

Hannah was an okay character, and I felt sorry for her in the way she was kidnapped and had no idea why, especially when she didn’t know what her kidnappers wanted from her.

The storyline in this was about Hannah being kidnapped in relation to a case that her father (an FBI agent) had wor
Coco.V
Sep 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/3/2020)! 🎁
David Caldwell
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review through the Kindle Scout program.

Raised by her single father, FBI agent David Cole, taught Hannah Cole to always be on guard. She knows bad things can happen in life. But none of that keeps her from leading a happy life as she is in graduate school. So when one of her dad's enemies kidnaps her, she knows she has to fight until he can rescue her. David Cole will use all of his resources to rescue his daughter.

I am split in my feelings towar
Lisa E
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(I also received a free copy of this book for nominating it, thanks to Kindle Scout. I figured everyone else was saying, so, peer pressure. Aaaaanyway…)

In some ways, No Safe Place, is a lot like other books in this genre. There’s a kidnapping, a race to save the victim of said kidnapping (Hannah Cole, in this case), and a slow unveiling of the motives for the crime as Hannah struggles to survive her ordeal. But, at the same time, it’s also unlike a lot of other novels in the genre. Why is that?
J.D. Cunegan
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book pre-release after nominating it for publication through Kindle Scout.

No Safe Place is night and day from The Only One, Mary Head's debut novel.

Whereas one was a romance that bucked many of that genre's conventions, No Safe Place is a fast-paced thriller in which graduate student Hannah Cole is taken from her own home -- leaving her FBI agent father David and his team to put the pieces together in a race against the clock.

One of this book's chief strengths is its ab
Joyce Stewart Reviews
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary Head
331 pages

Description
Hannah Cole, a young graduate student attending George Washington University, and her father David Cole, a senior FBI agent, enjoy a happy life together in Arlington, Virginia. Due to the nature of his job, and having been a single father for most of Hannah's life, David has always been fiercely protective of his daughter and has taken great strides to keep her safe. But when Hannah is kidnapped from their home one night, their world is turned upside d
Brittany Goodman
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very intense

This story is very intense. I could barely put it down. I had to know what happened. There is some very strong language ("f" words and other profanity) and some triggers so reader beware. But still a very good and well written story
Antigone Walsh
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
An FBI agent's daughter is kidnapped. A deadline for her death is given. Will her father find her in time to save her life?

This is not a bad book though the main characters are unbelievable and annoying. David the father is supposed to be some sort of uber investigator. He is a hothead, unprofessional frankly, obnoxious. He is rude to a neighbour who comes forward with a tip, berating the man for not coming forward sooner and doing nothing. He violates rules and regulations with help from his lo
Jo-Anne
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won, own
Hannah was raised by her father, FBI agent David Cole. He had taught her how to fight and look after herself so when she got kidnapped, she wasn't a weak, damsel in distress type woman but looked for any chance to fight or get away from her captors. While Hannah was trying to survive this frightening ordeal, many FBI agents were trying to find her, including her father.

I felt afraid for this young woman and was glad when we eventually found out who took her and why. Adding to the story's tension
Lindsay
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No Safe Place is a thoroughly entertaining novel with perfect tension and excellent character development. The writing is tight and the pacing keeps you moving through the story. It's the kind of book where you keep saying "I'll just read one more chapter" until next thing you know it's 2 in the morning! One of the best things about this novel is the relationships between the characters and how pivotal these connections are to the plot. Every pairing has depth and complexity, and there is someth ...more
Mike Bratek
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great storyteller.

The story grips you, keeps you held on, and makes you want to read chapter after chapter. The rating would have been a 5 star rating if it wasn't the use of repetitive words or phrases over and over. Murmured was used too many times to be annoying and eyebrows stitched together was used several times. Other than that, you get hooked pretty easily, characters blend well, and page Turner that must be read!
Samantha
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I accepted long ago that there's no such thing as the perfect book in my eyes and every book has it's issues. It's a rule I go into each book remembering and No Safe Place is not an exception to this rule. The main character, Hannah, is overwhelmingly 'perfect' and well liked by everyone to the point where it almost makes me roll my eyes and there are times that her father is downright unlikable and I do feel that the book focused too much on Eli's attraction to her than her friendship with her ...more
Missie
Sep 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2020, dnf-wasted-time
I have not DNF'd a book this year, I have tired to finish each book regardless of how many times I put it down. You know 2020 the year to suffer along with all the other shitty things in the world today.... This book is a long never ending, not even a slow burn, just a boring descriptive narrative of everything said in the first three chapters over and over. No plot, no action, and the characters are flat, whiney, and unlikable. At the point of just giving TFU, (67% completed) I wish I could mur ...more
Rebecca
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-scout
This was an enjoyable story. Although the plot was similar to many FBI kidnapping stories, it kept me reading. The characters were likable, sometimes too much so that they didn't always feel realistic. For one, Hannah was everyone's sweetheart, and another, I would have expected Chris to be more angry when Hannah likes Eli, and not give up so easily. It's told from many perspectives, which is good and bad. It gives you more depth to the story, but also takes away some of the suspense about what ...more
Sherry M Ambrose
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's hard enough as an FB I agent dealing with the kidnapping of a young woman, but when it's your daughter it becomes more difficult.

Agent David Cole desperately searches for his daughter. The other agents, who also know her well,, pore over case files searching for clues. The man who took her calls once not seeking ransom, but To give a deadline, a specific date, if when she will die.
Linda Seide
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Thriller

This is one of the best thrillers I’ve ever read. It grabbed me from the first few pages through to the end. The suspense was ever present and I had a difficult time putting it down. The emotions of the characters came through on every page, making me feel so connected to them it was almost like they were my family. I highly recommend this book.
Sherralynne Smith
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Captivating story

I thoroughly enjoyed this captivating story. Mary had me hooked from page one and I found it hard to put my Kindle down. Believable characters and a storyline that is well written. This won't be the first story written by Mary I'll be reading. Highly recommended. Thanks Mary.
Suzanne Miller
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hannah's Journey

Love, love, love this book! The plot line is intriguing, the characters are real, and this book is a page turner throughout! Hannah handles her situation with courage and tenacity. Can't wait to read the next one!
Raberta Beckwith
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this !

This story is so “ real life” ! It could and I’m sure does happen in real life ,more than we know... l think the family dynamics were
Very interesting! Love the idea of Hanna and Eli ....Can’t wait to read the next book !
Barbara Williams
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fast read

A easy to follow and quick story. Not a story with lots of twists and turns. Just a straight forward unbalanced kidnapper hell bent on revenge. Interesting enough to investigate the continuation of No Safe Place.
Vicki Long
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! Captured my interest immediately. Who does not love a mystery?
Sherelyn Wade
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced!

Never a dull moment in this book and you will constantly be on edge to find out what is coming..you will not be disappointed!
JoAnn Reed
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Long and drawn out. Intensely disliked the father. Last 3 chapters could have been eliminated.
Marilyn
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good

This book is one that is one that makes it real about the kidnapping of a young woman and the abuse that happened.
Ginger White
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very good book with interesting characters, I loved the relationship between the father and daughter. I read it in one sitting, because I needed to know the outcome before I could go to bed.
Kiki Z
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an early copy for nominating it on Kindle Scout.

Well, that was intense.

It kicks off with a very suspenseful tone as Hannah is being watched from the shadows. The suspense gives way to our introduction of Hannah's relationship with her father and her meeting with Eli, a new FBI agent. Originally, it wasn't my favorite choice but it worked. When Hannah is abducted, her father and fellow FBI agents take over the search for her (even though her father isn't supposed to be involved) and fr
Jada Ryker
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The suspenseful story is about Hannah's kidnapping, and her father David's extraordinary efforts to save her.

I like Ms. Head's idea ... Gary Oldman and Dianna Agron should play Hannah and David when the movie is produced.

There's a great except from Ms. Head's next book, Finding Home Again, at the end of the book.
Robbie
Very good! Likeable characters, fast-paced, good plot. 5-star book.
Evelyn Schoenborn
Feb 29, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Omega Connection (Tracie Tanner Thrillers Book 3)
  • The Bashkir Extraction (Tracie Tanner #6)
  • The Hitler Deception (Tracie Tanner #4)
  • The Kremlyov Infection (Tracie Tanner #5)
  • Trigger Warning (Jack Sheridan Pulp Thrillers #2)
  • The Organization (Jack Sheridan Pulp Thrillers #1)
  • Quinn Goes to Jail (Liam Quinn Mysteries #8)
  • Dead Reckoning: A Jack Sheridan Pulp Thriller (Jack Sheridan Pulp Thrillers Book 4)
  • JOY'S SONG: A Bluecreek Ranch Christian Novel
  • Marcie's Mountains
  • Night Shade Academy
  • Oatcakes, Tea, and Me
  • The Whispering Sentinel
  • Quinn Plays Ball (Liam Quinn Mysteries, #10)
  • The Billionaire's Destined Bride (The Blushing Brides, #8)
  • Beautiful Storm (Unfailing Love, #4)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Man  (Mountain Dreams, #1)
  • Blind Date with a Billionaire Professor (Blind Date Disasters, #2)
Mary has been writing since the spring of 1999, but only just published her first book, The Only One, in August 2015. She is a 2008 graduate of Florida State University, and currently lives in Tallahassee, Florida. When not writing, she is a voracious consumer of visual media, particularly her favorite TV shows.

No Safe Place (2 books)