Start by marking “Bridal Boot Camp (Little Bridge Island, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Bridal Boot Camp (Little Bridge Island, #0.5)

Bridal Boot Camp

(Little Bridge Island #0.5)

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Meg Cabot comes the first story in her Little Bridge Island series—which also includes an excerpt from her forthcoming new full-length novel No Judgments!

Looking for a tropical escape?

Welcome to Little Bridge, one of the smallest—and most beautiful—islands in the Florida Keys, home to sandy white beaches, salt-rimmed margar

Published May 28th 2019 by Avon Impulse

Start your review of Bridal Boot Camp (Little Bridge Island, #0.5)
Julie
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Bridal Boot Camp by Meg Cabot is a 2019 Avon Impulse publication.

This book is basically a super short teaser for Cabot’s new Little Bridge Island series, which if I have my information straight will launch in September.

The story is entirely too short, with no plot, no character development, no chemistry, or humor – or…. Well, you get the picture.

Roberta is a fitness trainer who meets Sheriff Deputy Ryan when he stumbles into her bridal camp yoga class by mistake. Lust leads to a super quick h
chan ☆
2 stars from a generous queen

i dunno, a novella about 2 characters no one knows or cares about is risky and it didn't really pay off in this case. i mean there was nothing offensive or awful about this novella but like... 90-something pages does not make me invested in a relationship and there wasn't enough sex to make this just a fun smutty read...

i wouldn't recommend this
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, romance
This is very short, with an excerpt from the next kicking in at 76%. But it does a great job of introducing the setting and Roberta and Ryan are excellent characters and are perfect for each other and have few conflicts that need resolving. So it's about the right length. Probably.

Not perfect, though, I don't think. It cuts off a bit abruptly and before I think the romance truly culminated. And the lone sex scene intruded on that a bit. So four stars, but I'm really looking forward to the next b
Jasprit
Meg Cabot has been my go to author for as long as I can remember, The princess Diaries first started my obsession with her books and since then it hasn’t stopped. I live and breathe for her new releases, as I always know they never disappoint. So, I was thrilled to get my hands on Bridal Boot Camp, to be honest I didn’t even realise that it was a novella, until I got to the cover on my Kindle and saw it on there. So, you could say I was sort of disappointed when I ended up devouring the entire b ...more
Susan
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick cute read and I can't wait to read the next book!
Kayla Brunson
There really isn’t much to say about this novella. As soon as it starts, it's over. I’m not even kidding. I get that it was supposed to be the setup book for the series, but I got nothing out of it. This is a novella with only four chapters. What could you get from that?

While I wasn’t into this, I am interested in picking up the first official book in the series coming out later this month.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
Mary H
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I WANT IT. I NEED IT. I MUST HAVE IT.
Morgan Destera
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Too short, too fast, too simplistic.
Supriya Kunwar
Meg Cabot has been one of my favorite authors since I hit my teens. Her books are witty, her characters are relatable and the stories leave you with an everlasting imprint.
But this one, I'm still here thinking; is this really Meg Cabot?
nick
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, arc, contemporary

It was cute, but very very short. I think the series is going to be promising, however. I'm looking forward to more of the little island!
Katie
Cute and VERY short. I was assuming it was novella length, but this is more of a short story. That said, I think it did what it needed to do in the space it had. I liked both characters and rooted for them.
Kaethe Douglas
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet but short.
Michele
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: priority, con-rom, 0519
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

A super brief but very cute story to introduce us to Meg Cabot’s new series, Little Bridge Island, there was enough humor and sparks of attraction to make Bridal Boot Camp a highly entertaining read.

I’m not kidding when I say this was quite a short story. Bridal Boot Camp was under one hundred pages, but it kept up a steady pace to pack in a lot of information–and was a great way to meet the locals on Little Bridge Island. This focused mainly on Roberta
Michelle
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute novella. Did a great job introducing the town of Little Bridge Island, which in my opinion was the whole point of this book. The series is going to follow different town residents. And knowing Meg Cabot they will all have their own witty and completely heartwarming stories.

I know the first full length book is going to be about Bree, but I really hope that we see another book from Roberta, who goes by Rob and Ryan. They are the people we get to catch a glimpse of in Bridal Boot Camp,
aarya
This is four short chapters. I was warned that it was short, but I didn’t realize that it was this short. Gah. I’m not happy at all. I didn’t love the subplot re: why the hero was on probation as a deputy and the “funny” reveal at the end. And the bridal boot camp stuff seemed very caricature-y.

I got the ebook from the Avon signing in RWA19.

Edited to add more explanation re: cop subplot:

So basically this cop hero panicked and pulled a taser on a civilian (he saw the civilian attempting to break
Lyn
Sep 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Totally disappointed 😕
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
This is the first book I have picked up from Meg Cabot. While it was a very short introduction to her new contemporary romance series - Little Bridge Island series, I enjoyed the introduction immensely. My only hope is to get my hands on the next full novel No Judgments (out September 24th, 2019) as soon as possible.

As it is a novella things do move at insta-level to satisfy our romantic needs of the sweetest couple in creation. Yoga instructor Roberta "Rob" meets sheriff's deputy Ryan in one of
Dee
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
Bridal Boot Camp is supposed to be before No Judgements (the first in this new series, which I already reviewed). It's a short novella about two side-characters in the first full-length novel, and therein is where this novella fell a little too flat for me. It was just too short! I know it's not supposed to be that long but it just felt like everything went a little too quickly for my liking.

The concept is kind of funny, and
TheEuphoricZat
This is so sweet and short and I cant 2ait for the next book in this series.
Simply put, Roberta is a personal trainer who moves to an island to start a bridal boot camp where ladies who are getting ready to marry come to get fit, she hooks up with Ryan who is a hot hunk of a Police officer.
Oh..... a Hurricane seems to be headed their way
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
I received an ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

I've read most of Meg Cabot's YA novels, so this is actually the first time I've read one of her adult fiction books.

This was a very short and sweet novella, with some steam. Not a HEA, more of a HFN because of how short the novella is. Bridal Boot Camp essentially sets up the tone and setting for the first full-length novel, which I can't wait to read!
Hallie Szott
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
How do Roberta and Ryan not already know each other?
Kari
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
I read this in hopes it would give me a peek into the new series. It did introduce some characters, but I am also kind of confused about what I read.

I've read short stories and novellas before, so I was expecting more development and a better story arc. This novella was very disjointed for me. The first chapter Ryan is extremely shy, but then by chapter three he's all friendly and open and wanting to be best friends with Roberta. And they had literally met once and the majority of their interact
Rashika (is tired)
I love Meg Cabot and will read anything she writes but I am honestly not sure if Bridal Boot Camp is worth the read. It’s not that it is a terrible novella, it’s just that unless you are super invested in reading everything that Cabot writes, Bridal Boot Camp is probably not how you should spend your precious reading time. The only real benefit of reading this novella is that it serves as a quick intro to the town Cabot’s new series will be set in.

The thing with novellas is that sometimes, becau
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
3.5/ 5 stars

Bridal Boot Camp is a four chapter novella that starts the Little Bridge Island series.

Little Bridge is a small island in the Florida Keys. The narrator of this novella is physical trainer Roberta “Rob” James (1st person POV). She teaches a bridal boot camp class.

The male lead is Ryan Martinez. He is the sheriff’s deputy.

This story was much sexier and much more insta-love than I was expecting. But it was a cute prequel novella. It was a nice introduction to the series. The next book
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute short story, I didn’t realize it was so short. Roberta meets Ryan at her Bridal Bootcamp class. He has been sent there by his boss to relax on the job as he is a cop. Roberta decides to take a chance and see what Ryan is really like once she finds out he teaches ukulele to kids. Of course Ryan is happy to see her and one thing leads to another. Cute story. Can’t wait to read the next book.
Carolyn
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely bit of fluff and I thoroughly enjoyed every frivolous moment. I needed something light and airy after the darkness of The Glass Woman, and Meg Cabot's Little Bridge Island story was just perfect. I liked her Princess series and thought this might be similar. It's not! Although light, Bridal Boot Camp is decidedly adult and includes a frank and detailed sex scene. Not what I usually read, but very well written.
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not really even novella length, there's not much to sink your teeth into in this story. No tension, no plot, just the quick story of two people meeting and hooking up. It didn't even accomplish it's ostensible goal of getting me interested in reading the rest in the series
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
3.5/5...very cute! I really like Meg Cabot for a light, sexy, GOOD story. Looking forward to reading this series, and meeting all the folks on the island. My only complaint was this one was way too short!

^_^
Caryn Zdan
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick fast read.
Trianna/Treereads
okay this was SHORT! Wanna boost that GR goal anyone? It was really cute and I got invested, but there was nothing that stood out to me.
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Bridal Boot Camp (Little Bridge Island 0.5) 19 36 Jun 05, 2019 12:56PM

• Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Faker
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Love on Lexington Avenue
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Not That Kind of Guy
  • Not Like the Movies (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #2)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Blitzed (Playbook, #3)

Little Bridge Island (2 books)
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • No Offense (Little Bridge Island, #2)