Start by marking “The NorthStar (Accidental Roots, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
The NorthStar (Accidental Roots, #7.5)

The NorthStar

(Accidental Roots #7.5)

The holiday season can’t be over soon enough for John Hall. His ex-boyfriend emptied the bank accounts and ran off with his personal trainer months earlier leaving John unable to pay his creditors. Now he’s forced to close the independent movie theater he runs. Now he’s going to have to close the movie theater he owns, a bad end to a bad year. Gay, single and closer to ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 121 pages
Published December 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The NorthStar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The NorthStar

Start your review of The NorthStar (Accidental Roots, #7.5)
Simone
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another one for my defying-the-heat-wave-with-holiday-feelz shelf...

And before you ask: nope, this one didn't have the desired cool-down-effect either. Two endearing characters in the prime of their lives (read: mid-forties to pushing fifty), a love-at-first-sight story set in my second hometown (yep, insta-insta-INSTA-love, but there was magic in the air, so I just ran with it ;-) ), a Die Hard movie marathon aaaaaand on a...
Ähnliches Foto

Ähnliches Foto

Especially when they are named after M.... Oopsie, nope,
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

3.5 Stars

This wasn’t my favorite story in the series. While I absolutely adored Chance and his assuredness that John was the man for him, for me, the instalove didn’t work and I think part of it was John. There was something about him that I just didn’t care for. He rubbed me the wrong way and I can’t quite put my finger on exactly what it was.

Although not my favorite, this was still a sweet and sexy story with a bit of mystery that Ms. Keaton does so well. Recommendable!
Paul
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought_it
Binge-reading this series has been a LOT of fun!! More, please, Ms Keaton!!
Jenny Wood
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s Christmas in June! (for me at least, when I’m reading this)

Okay, so a little bit different in this one… we didn’t already know the couple from the previous books, so I spent a little bit of time trying to figure out if I should’ve remembered them from somewhere or not. All the others featured characters from previous reads. It didn’t lol but it didn’t take away from anything in the story… We did get a glimpse at Buck and Joey though!

We have John, who after a bad breakup with a man who
Veronica
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

A promise to is dying mother sees Chance travelling at Christmas from his home to London to Skagit to visit the NorthStar movie theatre where his parents met. When Chance arrives he meets John, the theatre owner, who is in the process of shutting the place down so the bank can take it.
Chance and John’s romance is a story of insta-love which didn’t initially work for me. It felt a little too forced to quickly. But once they
Amanda
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the Accidental Roots series, and this holiday story is a great addition. John and Chance are both dealing with losses, though different kinds, and John especially is totally disillusioned by everything at this point. But fate (or Chance's late mom, if you must) intervenes and with a dying promise to fulfill, Chance makes his way to the place his parents fell in love so long ago. It just so happens John owns the failing theater, and what happens next is a wonderful, sexy holiday story full ...more
Patricia Nelson
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do a failing cinema, a lonely man, a crazy ex, awful weather, a son's promise to his dying mother, a stubborn kitten, scheming investors, dirty bankers, a spontaneous trip across an ocean, and explosive chemistry have in common? It's this charming, poignant, engaging, bittersweet, fast paced, emotionally charged, heartfelt, grab-you-by-the-feels, make-you-cry-tears-of-both-joy-and-sadness, and sexy story. Elle Keaton has written a fantastic holiday tale that had me hooked from beginning to ...more
Jenn (not Lily)
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winter-read
Christmas is the best type of insta-love! This is absolutely lovely and sweet -- looking so forward to the next story in the series!
Heather
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xmas-time
I'm ashamed to admit that I lost track of this series after River Home(book 5) so when it was brought to my attention that there were more entries in Accidental Roots, I gobbled them up. When a series I love has a Christmas story well it's as welcomed as finding one more package under the tree on Christmas morning. The NorthStar is a delightfully fun Christmas tale of finding love when you least expect it.

Chance is fulfilling his mother's dying wish to visit the place where she met and fell in
Terri
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This Christmas novella was a lot of fun. Poor John was going through a really hard time, both personally and professionally - though the issues were related. He wasn’t in the mood for Christmas, friends, or fun; and he definitely wasn’t in the right frame of mind for being open to a new love.
None of that mattered to Chance. He traveled to Skagit, Washington, from England to fulfill a promise he made to his dying mother. He wasn’t expecting to find his future there, but he was most definitely
Xanthe
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful holiday romance full of hope, friendship and love at first sight. There's a great set of characters and you can feel the connection between John, the Northstar owner, and Chance, who's visiting from England fulfilling a promise he made to his mother on her death bed. He never would ha e expected to find the man he was meant to be with. Though its a quick love story, it doesn't feel rushed or fake in any way. There are moments of sadness, humour, surprise and support. The town ...more
Amy Dufera
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The North Star is by far my favorite of the Elle Keaton's Accidental Roots series. This novella is 121 pages of holiday goodness.

The North Star totally encompasses the feel of a romantic Hallmark movie. It's short, beautiful, and romantic.

With the small town movie theater going under, the romantic character arrives in town and helps him save the theater. Of course, not everything is a fairytale, as they also have to deal with some homophobia and an asshole ex.

The North Star is a delightfully
Janice
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Never too late for love.

The Northstar is a delightful Christmas novella with MC’s in their mid to late forties who’ve been unlucky in love so far. Meeting each other at the right time and in the perfect place sees history repeating itself in the best possible way. A lovely feel good story.
Joscelyn Smith
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great holiday addition to the Accidental Roots series. John and Chance were lovely characters, both dealing with a painful loss as they come together in this season of miracles. I loved every minute of it and although it was short it still packed an emotional punch.
Shawna
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. This was a pleasant story, with some unbelievable elements. It's Christmas magic, I suppose, and it didn't bother me too much. However, there was an offhanded comment by one of the characters late in the book that did bother me a little, and knocked it down a star for me.
Shantel Snider
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Being new to Elle Keaton, I wasn't certain what to expect but boy did she surprise me! This was the perfect t Christmas, Insta-love that is sweet and pure. Great book to put a smile on your face and push away all that has you stressed or down, for a couple of hours. Definite read again.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 miracle stars

You really, really have to believe in Christmas miracles to read this one. Microsecond-insta-love. More technically miraculous occurrences and some steam. Cute even for grumpy Scrooge’s like me.
Tena
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this series!!
Tori Thompson
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awwww....

Wow, what a wonderful holiday story! I love this series and this is a great addition. It was sweet, funny, a tiny bit sad, but had a perfect ending, and a KITTEN!
Pat
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful.

A wonderful story, love at first sight. John and Chance were beautiful together. A very heartwarming Christmas story and a great series.
George
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A genuinely sweet, endearing holiday romance. Thank you, Elle Keaton, for writing this.
Marianne Boutet
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The kind of Christmas story that makes you feel warm and fuzzy. The kitten's name was a nice ending touch.
Kate
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Great wee story, reminding me of the days when my local theatre had a cat who would smooch along the back of your legs mid movie and scare the living daylights out of you.
Kristina
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Northstar (Book 7.5)- 4 Stars: [John and Chance] Oh lord, Elle brought out the British man! *swoons* Ok, now that I have that out of the way, this story is one of the sweetest things I’ve read in this series so far.
Teresa
Dec 16, 2018
Christine
Apr 05, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • Tallowwood
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Stand In Place
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Upside Down
  • Scott (Owatonna #2)
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • His Hart's Command (Nothing Special #6)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Pretend You're Mine (The Protectors #12.5)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Prescription for Love (Road to Blissville, #7)
  • Ignite (Unbreakable Bonds, #7)
  • The Truth Within (Pelican Bay #3)
  • Always the Groomsman
  • Mr. Right Now
Author/imaginator & photographer (also rare Pacific Northwest Native), Elle grew up in Seattle, WA., with the Cascade Mountain range to the east and Olympics to the west.

Elle shares her life with between three to five cats (depending on who's counting), an extremely patient fiancé and a flock of young adults. She's lived in four US states, London England, and Hong Kong; always knows what time

Accidental Roots (8 books)
  • Storm Season (Accidental Roots, #1)
  • No Pressure (Accidental Roots,  #2)
  • Spring Break (Accidental Roots, #3)
  • As Sure As The Sun (Accidental Roots, #4)
  • River Home (Accidental Roots #5)
  • Unforgivable (Accidental Roots, #6)
  • His Best Man (Accidental Roots, #7)
  • When It Rains (Accidental Roots, #8)