Jump to ratings and reviews

Learning Curves #2

Wrapped Up In You

It's been two years since Cora and Elena of LEARNING CURVES discovered how easy it is to learn to love--but with Christmas just around the bend, they're going to have to learn to cope when both their families descend on their household for the first time ever. With her brothers and parents underfoot and a million dishes to cook, it's hard enough for Elena to plan her double surprise for Elena, even harder when she has to corral her wayward brothers into it--but when Cora's own surprise plans tangle with Elena's, it may be impossible to tie up the holiday in a neat little bow.

There's mayhem and laughter, warmth and unexpected turns--and even if it all doesn't go according to plan, neither Cora nor Elena care so long as they can stay wrapped up in each other.

96 pages, Kindle Edition

First published December 6, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ceillie Simkiss

9 books90 followers
**PLEASE NOTE: I DO NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS ON THIS ACCOUNT. IF YOU WISH TO KEEP UP WITH MY REVIEWS, PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER**

Ceillie Simkiss is an author from southern Virginia. She started writing fiction as an escape from her day job as a small town journalist, and has been at it ever since, with the support of her partner, her dog and her cats.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (4%)
1 star
1 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 12 of 12 reviews
Profile Image for Agata Weronika.
13 reviews12 followers
December 11, 2018
*NOTE: an ARC was kindly provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Friends,

When I felt sad the other night, I read this novella and it was exactly the warm hug I needed ❤️️
What I appreciate about the Learning Curves universe is how every character is allowed to be themselves. Unapologetically and fully themselves. And are also accepted and supported unconditionally by their families. No petty drama, no prejudice, just pure joy!

This volume follows our girls - Elena and Cora - as they host a Christmas Eve dinner for both families for the first time and mesh various holiday traditions to build a lovely experience for the people they love dearly. We get to see all of the food, responsible puppy adoption and two proposals. Dear reader, my heart was full. *happy sigh*

Make sure to read the first volume before you pick this one up. Sincerely hope we get to see a certain wedding take place in the next volume of the series ;)
Profile Image for Lily Mordaunt.
Author 1 book10 followers
September 24, 2022
3.5 Stars

This was a fun, sweet sequel. It was great to see both families mingling and how they fit together. I predicted part of the Christmas surprises, but it was still lovely to read. The editing on this book did need another check as there were a few switches to first person when the book is told from third.
20 reviews3 followers
February 8, 2019
I found this book charming and fun. It's short, often predictable, and lacks any major problems for the characters to overcome, but it was still a delightful read and that was the type of story I was looking for with these characters.

The only real downfall of the book is that there were a lot of editing issues. The book was written in third-person, but on several occasions first-person phrasing would be used even even outside of dialogue or inner thoughts. The first example occurs really early in the first chapter, while discussing the house the couple lives in. "She and Elena had moved out to the outskirts of our small in Virginia..." It's a little jarring when it happens, and there are other editing issues in various places, but overall the story was still enjoyable and it wasn't hard to figure out what was being said despite the editing.

I would recommend this book to those who've read the first in the series. It was fun catching up with the characters after a little time has passed and seeing where their lives are headed. If it were an option, due to the editing I would have to give this a 3.5, but I think it deserves more than a 3 so I'm giving it 4.
Profile Image for Michael Wells.
704 reviews3 followers
October 26, 2020
Special love

The sequel to the first book is wonderful.Elena and Cora have a wonderful Christmas with both of their families and make their relationship permanent. It’s a wonderful book and I highly recommend it
Profile Image for Melissa.
1,099 reviews
December 8, 2020
Both of them planning proposals for the same time? *chefs kiss* definitely a concept that will never get old.
101 reviews
January 26, 2022
Gosh its so, so, so, soooooo good to read. Just happiness building on happiness. No miscommunication tropes or whatever. Just 68 pages of love :)
Displaying 1 - 12 of 12 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.