Start by marking “Christmas at the Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Christmas at the Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams, #3.5)

Christmas at the Red Door Inn

(Prince Edward Island Dreams)

One blizzard. Two friends. Three days to fall in love.

Lifelong islander Brooke Kane doesn’t know what to do with her college degree, her dreams, or her future, but she knows better than to venture far from home when there’s a storm brewing. But a promise to check on Rose’s Red Door Inn prompts Brooke to venture out. By the time she arrives at the inn, the snow is knee-dee
Published November 18th 2018 (first published November 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at the Red Door Inn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at the Red Door Inn

Melanie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
Christmas at the Red Door Inn was a delightful read! I loved Johnson's PEI Dreams series, so when I saw this new novella it right away got added to my must-read list. I'm very happy to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it and it did not disappoint.

The characters were authentic. I felt like you could tell that they both had feelings for each other, but were afraid of admitting it. I enjoyed the snowstorm aspect and how the Red Door was a beacon in the storm. I also loved her brother and how protectiv
Hannah
Might have stayed up past midnight to finish this one. :) It’s a perfectly delightful Christmas story and I stayed fully invested in the story from beginning to end. It was also fun to get updates about each other the couples from previous books and what’s going on with them! I also enjoyed finally getting the explanation of why their church has a “father” for a preacher.

Spoiler warning about series: this is the final book in the series and may spoil you for several things that happen in the sto
Rissi
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, favorites, review
Christmas at the Red Door Inn by Liz Johnson | Book Review

THE STORY | On this cold winter day, there are two things Brooke Kane doesn’t expect. The first is that she's stuck in a snowstorm she never anticipated. But here she is. While at the Red Door Inn (which is empty for the season) to fulfill a favor, she finds herself unable to get home. The second thing she doesn’t plan on is the arrival of their village pastor, Chuck O’ Flannigan.

While out on a walk, Chuck too is caught unaware by the sud
Amy
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved everything about Liz Johnson’s PEI series, beginning with the infamous red door. It was wonderful to revisit the Island, and especially during the Christmas season. This short story contains all the charm and familiarity of the previous 3 books.

What happens when 2 people, who have held long term admiration for each other, but never shared that with another person, are snowed in together? The iconic Red Door Inn becomes the main stage once again as a winter storm rages outside.

Beautiful
Beth
This is a short and sweet novella, a lovely bite-sized story that is ideal to read in one sitting. Despite the lack of Christmas cheer in my house (decorations, I mean), I was in the mood for a Christmas story. I made some hot chocolate and snuggled up to read this and finished in less than an hour. It is connected to the Prince Edward Island Dreams series, but for me, works well as a standalone, although I have read the full-length books in the series. As long as you don't mind brief mentions o ...more
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
CHRISTMAS AT THE RED DOOR INN was like a surprise Christmas present from one of my favorite contemporary romance novelists, Liz Johnson. Readers get to take a short, three day Christmas Vacation back to Prince Edward Island to visit the Red Door Inn while the owners are on a Christmas vacation of their own to sunny California.

Brooke is asked to check in on the inn during the holidays to make sure the pipes don't freeze, but she picked a bad day to do so. Or maybe the best day, as a blizzard cau
Chautona Havig
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Is Anything Better Than Christmas at the Inn?

Really, is there anything better than Christmas at the inn?  Just throwing this out there, but Christmas began in an inn—or rather the lack of one.  One could argue that as an extension of the inn, the first Christmas did occur there. You know, on inn property and all that.  I don’t know if Liz Johnson did that deliberately or not, but I just loved the tie-in with the original Christmas love story—God coming to earth as a man to save man from the mess
Susan Snodgrass
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
'Sure the butterflies and kisses are fun. But love means choosing for care for him more than I care about getting my own way.'

Liz Johnson takes us back to Prince Edward Island with this absolutely delightful and precious novella featuring Brooke Kane and Father Chuck O'Flannagan. Father Chuck is actually not a father because his church is non-denominational, but it everyone persists in calling him that because it was Catholic many years ago. And he is leaving town. He just feels he is not doing
Fiction Aficionado
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Red Door Inn works its magic again! This is a sweet little Christmas treat for fans of the Prince Edward Island Dreams series. Or even just for fans of short’n’sweet Christmas romances, because you really don’t have to have read any of the other books in the series to enjoy this one.

Some people need a helpful nudge to get things moving in the right direction, and being snowed in together—and alone—at the Red Door Inn is a pretty definite nudge for Brooke and Chuck. A ten-year age gap has cau
Katrina Epperson
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The author immediately swept me back to Prince Edward Island in the Christmas novella. It was a perfect read for me. This story is about Brooke Kane and Father Chuck O'Flannigan. Brooke's friends have left the island to celebrate the holidays and she is keeping an eye on the inn for them. The story opens as Brooke has braved the snow for one last check on the inn, unfortunately upon her arrival a blizzard hits with dangerous white out conditions. Brooke is a wonderful character and I immediately ...more
Melissa
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect Christmas novella. A short, but romantic read with lots of “feels.” If you’ve read the other books in the PEI series, you will be welcomed back home. If not, you’ll want to get there as fast as you can!!
Pam
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having enjoyed reading the Prince Edward Island Dreams series, I was delighted to return once again to the Red Door Inn. The owners of the inn, Marie and Seth, have taken their son to California to visit Seth's family. The inn is closed for the winter, but good friend Brooke Kane periodically checks to be sure all is well. On one of her visits, just a few days before Christmas, she is caught at the inn during a blizzard. She hears a ruckus at the door and in falls half frozen Chuck O'Flannigan, ...more
Michelle Lunsford
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
I read the first book in this series in February of this year and enjoyed it a lot. Finding this holiday novella gem reminded me why. (As well as reminding me I should read the other books in this series.)

I definitely click with Liz Johnson's writing style. Love the PEI setting and the charm of the Red Door Inn. This narrative, with the holiday setting, is charming and a cozy read. As a plus, the male lead is a pastor (as wife of a minister I'm a sucker for a good pastor romance!), and Father Ch
Andrea
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
69 pages of bliss! This is such a sweet novella. Clean and wholesome. Preacher Chuck and Brooke are trapped by a snowstorm. Both have hidden feelings for each other for a long time. Trapped by a snowstorm alone at The Red Door Inn gives them the time they need to be vulnerable and say a few things that need to be said. This leads to a very, steamy kiss and then someone says the wrong thing and a huge obstacle is now in the way of happiness. Isn't that how it always goes? Liz Johnson works it all ...more
Shona
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A gift from the Red Door Inn just in time for Christmas! Brooke and Chuck both manage to get snowed into the Inn for a couple of days due to a major snow storm. Brooke is checking the Inn for her friends who are away and Chuck, lost in the snow storm, sees the red door and makes his way to it.
This is where the fun really starts. Chuck is Brookes pastor and is 10 years older than her. He’s thinking of leaving Prince Edward Island as he’s conflicted about his feelings for Brooke.
A fun read with
Denise
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Snowed in at The Red Door Inn...was simply beautiful. Filled with a longing for her pastor to see her as more than a parishioner, Brooke gets caught in a blizzard at Christmas time. A mysterious stranger needs help...maybe God is leading two lonely hearts to a happily ever after. Christmas at The Red Door Inn was filled with hope and finding love. Inspiring Hallmark Christmas story feel with faith as a focus. Loved it!
Janice Dick
A sweet Christmas romance in the Red Door Inn series by Liz Johnson.

Brooke Kane and Chuck O'Flannigan, the young minister, end up stranded together in the Inn—alone—during a snowstorm. And it's Christmas. Although they are strongly drawn together, they try to avoid the attraction because each thinks the other has alternate life plans.

An expected outcome, but the journey is cute. I do like the Red Door Inn books, and this novella is a bonus.
Tracie
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy readers get to return to Rose's Red Door Inn! This sweet story is perfect for a cold winter night. I love the idea of being trapped with your crush and having to throw together an impromptu holiday celebration. Johnson's characterization of both Brooke and Chuck is just what we've come to expect - they are relatable and original. Well done!
CarolynB
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
There’s a blizzard raging outside and Brooke realizes that her trip to check on things at the inn is going to result in her being snowbound there, by herself, just three days before Christmas. But then a pounding at the door reveals a nearly frozen man—one she knows quite well; Father Chuck, the church vicar. I loved this short tale of two snowbound souls and their Christmas at the inn.
Carrie
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the original series so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. I prefer novels to novellas and I suppose this story could have been drawn out, but it was a wonderful story just the same. If you like hidden love, discovered mutual feelings, and overcoming personal struggles, all within the realm of Christmas...then you will love this. Highly recommend!
Emily Yager
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being stranded in a blizzard with your dream man just three days before Christmas, how bad can that be. This is the first book that I have read in this series. And I gotta said that it was fantastic. I couldn't put this book down and ended up reading it straight through in one sitting. A perfect sweet, feel good Christmas novella to cozy up with a mug of hot chocolate.
Dana Carrier
Wonderful and joyful

What a delightful journey back to PEI and the Red Door Inn. Thank you, Liz, for a true romantic's treat. Totally tugged at my heartstrings... and warmed the cockles of my heart. Whatever those are!
Brenda
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I absolutely adored this sweet Christmas novella by Liz Johnson! A Christmas addition to the Prince Edward Island series. I love visiting this series, these characters, and I'm addicted to Christmas books at the Holidays!
Shelia Stovall
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect book to kick off the holiday season. Who wouldn't want to be stranded with a handsome man at the beautiful Red Door Inn? Count me in. This is a sweet story that will make you sigh and dream of Christmas and romance.
Ryoko
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charming and uplifting.

Well done Liz. Though a novella you managed to make me fall I love with the characters and hope to learn more about them in the rest of this series. Thank you for sharing their prayer and story with us.
Janelle
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good Christmas read

Easy relaxing read. Love of family and friends in a beautiful white Christmas setting. The perfect romantic setting to the story.
Denise
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Christmas Read

This is my first time reading this author but not the last!! This is a great read for Christmas and like it that it didn't have a!ot of people in it.
Margaret Nelson
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
My only complaint about this novella is that it's too short! I'd love to read more of their story! Good suspense and characterization.
R.j.
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

Wow. This packed a punch. And I have a new Christmas book to read each year! The characters. Wow. And the plot was perfect for characters we've meet before. Loved it.
Patty Rude
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet novells

Such a sweet little novella! I read the three Red Door Inn books earlier this year and was so excited to see this surprise release.
« previous 1 3 next »

Prince Edward Island Dreams (3 books)
  • The Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams, #1)
  • Where Two Hearts Meet (Prince Edward Island Dreams #2)
  • On Love's Gentle Shore (Prince Edward Island Dreams #3)